Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Elea posted:

Do people get banned frequently on Freep for wrongthink?

Seems like it used to be more common, probably because jimrob realized banning, or “zot/zotting” in freep, his revenue stream wasn’t a good idea. It was hilarious watching McCain/Romney supporters get banned in the primaries for being too moderate, then when McCain/Romney won and people didn’t get on board because they weren’t conservative enough, watching them get banned. Happened to a lesser extent in ‘16 with some Cruz diehards but enough dissenting opinions had been purged by then. And money.

Unrelated, but this two month edging for freeper and td.l tears has been so, so worth it. Besides the whole destroying democracy thing ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

Unrelated, but this two month edging for freeper and td.l tears has been so, so worth it. Besides the whole destroying democracy thing ofc

Yea, this has been a really weird spot for me, especially since the morons took the capitol 50 years 11 days ago. Them going hunting through the halls of Congress for legislators to execute was a unique terror, but watching them get rolled up and charged since then (along with Trump getting banned on Twitter and companies/banks dropping him fast) has been a bunch of :sickos: moments for me.

They never thought the police would turn on them, and some of the arrests/evidence coming out have been genuinely hilarious.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Yea, this has been a really weird spot for me, especially since the morons took the capitol 50 years 11 days ago. Them going hunting through the halls of Congress for legislators to execute was a unique terror, but watching them get rolled up and charged since then (along with Trump getting banned on Twitter and companies/banks dropping him fast) has been a bunch of :sickos: moments for me.

They never thought the police would turn on them, and some of the arrests/evidence coming out have been genuinely hilarious.

it's that Stringer Bell line over and over.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

And at least a few of them are absolutely going to be headed to prison (as sacrificial lambs and/or to be made examples of), and you just know they are likely to be the sort of morons who always go "prison conditions are too soft, we need to be tougher on crime", and who always voted for politicians that routinely stripped away prison facilities and prisoners' rights (while also using them as cheap slave labor).

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
It's fascinating to watch it all play out because it's a demographic that has very little experience facing the consequences of their actions and America's vicious criminal justice system. Which is, of course, very clear from their cartoonishly blase attitude and seemingly complete lack of awareness of what's coming for them.

pseudanonymous posted:

it's that Stringer Bell line over and over.
Which one?

EDIT: vvv Ahh, yes

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 17, 2021

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And at least a few of them are absolutely going to be headed to prison (as sacrificial lambs and/or to be made examples of), and you just know they are likely to be the sort of morons who always go "prison conditions are too soft, we need to be tougher on crime", and who always voted for politicians that routinely stripped away prison facilities and prisoners' rights (while also using them as cheap slave labor).

I hope they all follow the "I am a patriot and was following a direct Presidential order" defence.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

-Blackadder- posted:

It's fascinating to watch it all play out because it's a demographic that has very little experience facing the consequences of their actions and America's vicious criminal justice system. Which is, of course, very clear from their cartoonishly blase attitude and seemingly complete lack of awareness of what's coming for them.

Which one?

I assume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Which one?

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

I just did my part and bought a pillow. Used my Q code for big savings! It worked!

3,581 posted on 1/17/2021, 2:32:48 PM by Melian (For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth..., )

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So will MyPillow settle for only advertising on OAN/Parler or will the CEO be forced to step down sometime soon?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

-Blackadder- posted:

Which one?

EDIT: vvv Ahh, yes

I'm waiting for the inevitable blueballing the justice system will give us because the perps are white.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Listen.

Listen up good.

All you "3rd Party" knobs who pissanted this same poo poo in '08 and '12. BACK TO FB WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. Go sit in your Zuckerberg autist poo poo.

We own this party. President Trump is going to give Xiden about 6 weeks worth of 8lb-test line, then jerk the everlasting slack out of that zombie once Garth Brooks holds his Allegiant Stadium 70K full-sale-no-distancing-no-mask concert in Vegas on Feb. 27 -- 62 days before Xiden’s Installation Speech “100 Days of Masks” ends.

After Brooks busts the lockdown, Trump is free to fill Allegiant (maybe a Memorial Shiva to Sherman Adelson RIP), or take it right back to GA again, or even better, Indy's Lucas Oil just before it is used for the NCAA Tournament bubble!

Once one single arena concert breaks Xiden's 'rules', it's on like Donkey Kong. Trump can go wherever he wants, and say whatever he wants. He can charge admission and promise to use the proceeds to punish the Donks in 2022.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So Trump's master plan is to let Garth Brooks have a big concert/superspreader event so he doesn't have to go first? A bold plan indeed, worthy of Napoleon.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This sounds loving schizophrenic. Superspreader event = magical shifting of power from Biden to Trump?

Also I know they mean Jingping but Xiden sounds like a rejected Kingdom Hearts character.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kavak posted:

This sounds loving schizophrenic. Superspreader event = magical shifting of power from Biden to Trump?

Also I know they mean Jingping but Xiden sounds like a rejected Kingdom Hearts character.

It’s Biden plus Xi (Jingping). Yup. They haven’t settled on a stupid nickname for Biden (Bidet seems to be a front runner) so I’m hoping we get a thousand variations, each dumber than the last, like the Obama era.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Kavak posted:

Once everyone sees that a Superspreader event went down without a single casualty (Fuckin lol) the virus will forever be proven to be a Dem Hoax and the people will :freep:WAKE UP:freep:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Does this mean we’ll get a list of nicknames for Biden, like we had for Obama? :swoon:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Pontius Pilate posted:

It’s Biden plus Xi (Jingping). Yup. They haven’t settled on a stupid nickname for Biden (Bidet seems to be a front runner) so I’m hoping we get a thousand variations, each dumber than the last, like the Obama era.
Whatever they barf out it'll never going to be good as The Islamic Shock. I haven't seen "LIEden" yet but I know it's coming because its so obvious and stupid.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Xiden is a bad guy from the star wars expanded universe.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

B-ROCK THE ISLAMIC SHOCK was god-tier, but I also remember seeing a list of names on Freep that included LONG-LEGGED MACK DADDY which is also pretty solid :unsmith:

e: also, Obi Wan Nairobi.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

B-Rock the Islamic Shock was a joke though. The full version was B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Hussein Superallah Obama.

It's from the birth certificate macro where father and mother's race are "Captivatingly Kenyan" and "Honky" respectively.

vvv yeah, that one :)

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 18, 2021

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

My Twitter Account posted:

B-Rock the Islamic Shock was a joke though. The full version was B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Hussein Superallah Obama.

Muslim?

As all Hell

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Warmachine posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable blueballing the justice system will give us because the perps are white.

It's already happening. One of the guys who was carrying zip ties to restrain politicians got a sympathetic judge who released him.

https://www.newsweek.com/larry-rendall-brock-jr-capitol-rioter-zip-ties-freed-1561939

Icon Of Sin posted:

I also remember seeing a list of names on Freep

Someone in one of these threads went through it and found every derogatory nickname for Obama they could and put them in a single post, my searching skills are pretty weak so I can't find it.

Though it's nowhere near as good as the classics, "Obama bin lyin" is a personal favorite.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Thread superstar and likely terrorist Lazamataz had a pile of them too, which he worked on when he wasn’t writing one-handed fiction about gassing children at the border.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's already happening. One of the guys who was carrying zip ties to restrain politicians got a sympathetic judge who released him.

https://www.newsweek.com/larry-rendall-brock-jr-capitol-rioter-zip-ties-freed-1561939

Someone in one of these threads went through it and found every derogatory nickname for Obama they could and put them in a single post, my searching skills are pretty weak so I can't find it.

Though it's nowhere near as good as the classics, "Obama bin lyin" is a personal favorite.

The guy was released pending his trial, but yeah it's horseshit and not very encouraging.

The best Obama nicknames were from the older versions of the Freeper thread. The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers is probably the overall champ, with Obi-Wan Nairobi being the runner up.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Telsa Cola posted:

Muslim?

As all Hell

Sure he's Muslim?

Oh, Yeah

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Icon Of Sin posted:

Thread superstar and likely terrorist Lazamataz had a pile of them too, which he worked on when he wasn’t writing one-handed fiction about gassing children at the border.

I remember his paragraph long insults he used to count down until Obama was out of office.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

Sure he's Muslim?

Oh, Yeah

Mother's Religion?

Eh

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

My Twitter Account posted:

It's from the birth certificate macro where father and mother's race are "Captivatingly Kenyan" and "Honky" respectively.

vvv yeah, that one :)

Filed by most assuredly Kenyan registrar in the very beating heart of Kenya.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Biden? More like BiDUMB!!!

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
Can we get the King Obama fanfic to go with the birth cert talk?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dirt5o8 posted:

Can we get the King Obama fanfic to go with the birth cert talk?

Got you covered :)

quote:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

Ever-expanding Obama is also a solid partner for King Obama.

quote:

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished.
Check for yourself if you don’t believe me. Where have they gone to?"
There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January twentieth. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I’m uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he’d be just as gone as them. There’s no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It’s a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don’t think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer’s eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don’t exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven’t changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the Rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through the countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op.

He studies a leaf for twenty days.

Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It’s a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We’ve given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I’m starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they’re mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. “Look at how they wield their guns,” writes a man. “I always said he’d take our guns away.” They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It’s long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can’t bring myself to blame him for it. He’s reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb…

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'll never get over them referring to Obama as living in "The White Hut".

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

so why doesnt freep get shut down during this bullshit? I mean is their host "RhodesiaEnterprises" or something and thats why you never see any controversy bannings of their site/

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure the servers are literally under JimRob's desk or in his garage or something like that.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

They’ve mentioned in the past that they maintain their own servers, and that was even a selling point for the Freepathons at one point. They’re functionally invulnerable to that line of attack, but the website is stuck in the late 90’s with a dwindling userbase so nobody cares too much to go after them either way. They did have a Bush Administration person posting there at one point, but the increasingly-distilled crazy was probably apparent even before Obama won.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Icon Of Sin posted:

They did have a Bush Administration person posting there at one point, but the increasingly-distilled crazy was probably apparent even before Obama won.

It was infamous Bush Press Secretary Tony Snow, and he probably stopped posting because he uhh... died of colon cancer

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

It was infamous Bush Press Secretary Tony Snow, and he probably stopped posting because he uhh... died of colon cancer

He talked about quitting before that.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kavak posted:

I'm pretty sure the servers are literally under JimRob's desk or in his garage or something like that.

Freep was offline a couple days a while back and jimrob made it sound like his son had to drive out to the remote Nevada desert or some such to fix the servers.

And ya Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers was my fav Obama nickname as it was that extremely rare moment of freep actually being clever. Will always have a soft spot for the extremely unclever ones that didn’t even share any characters in common though, like 0turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Freep servers are stated to be hosted elsewhere, they go down every so often and JR says he has to have his kid drive out to wherever they are and deal with it.