Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

American McGay posted:

Got it running on MacOS. Now to check the wiki...

How do I do this. Just install Steam in WINE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah you gotta download the Windows version of Steam and install it with Wine. Make sure you set your Wine to Windows 10. I had mine on XP and it kept giving me errors that my OS was no longer supported.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I got Steam installed but I can't login because Steam Guard keeps hanging when I enter the code they email me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It did that to me a few times too. I don't know how to fix it but I can tell you that if you just keep trying and/or reboot it will eventually work.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

pretty impressed the tier list goes from s to a-

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im gonna do something brand new for this IZI and try to actually seed ppl instead of doing a random order for maximum Hype Beast action.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Looking to get in some scrims of this in the next few days. Nothing try hard, more just checking to see if online actually works before the start of the tournament. Hit me up on my s.team link if you want to try a lobby for a little bit.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'd offer but I'm a certified Try Hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've finalized the matchups, carefully calibrated in the fighting game research lab for maximum hype. https://challonge.com/q0t6yl89 check out your opponent and start reviewing the gametape fighters. See you in the ring on Sunday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

If anyone wants to scrim hit me up. https://s.team/p/qtn-tgj/WCCWBMWM

This isn't you dude. What's your scheme?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Get hype

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1350473258739503104?s=19

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What time is the Tourney.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8PM EST

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitch.tv/in_training

tourney spinning up here shortly. Get In Frog

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I can't see the link

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I can't see the chat either.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its right here dude:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmao. steam://joinlobby/348550/109775240974937643/76561198027157093 for anybody who needs to join matches.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'm banned in your chat remember

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

herculon posted:

I can't see the link

herculon posted:

I can't see the chat either.

herculon posted:

I'm banned in your chat remember

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome tourney everybody. VOD will be youtube later this week if you want to make any hypebeast compilations. Just get in touch with my lawyer ahead of time to clear the right :)

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018
fun tournament. guilty gear is a good game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

probably be a good idea to announce the next tournament op

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

i've been thinking about getting one of those smash bros arcade boards. my wrists can get hosed up and having digital inputs for all the inputs seems really good. anyone try it? i don't even know which one it's such a niche niche thing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beamed posted:

i've been thinking about getting one of those smash bros arcade boards. my wrists can get hosed up and having digital inputs for all the inputs seems really good. anyone try it? i don't even know which one it's such a niche niche thing

You want a frame 1 or a b0xx if you're really serious. they're extremely expensive though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

probably be a good idea to announce the next tournament op

hes busy calculating a way to make the brackets even worse before going ahead

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Evil Eagle posted:

You want a frame 1 or a b0xx if you're really serious. they're extremely expensive though

how long does it take to really adapt to them? i'm considering it

didn't one of them steal from the other? i guess i should avoid that one, but it might have been dumb Smash rumors

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know more than hearsay about that, though as far as how long it takes to adapt it depends on the game and how comfortable you already are with your current controller.

For instance I played keyboard rivals of aether for a while and I'd say it took about a month to get comfortable there, Melee would probably take a lot longer and Ultimate likely would be easier to adapt to

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
someone please murder In Training ASAP

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

someone please murder In Training ASAP

done

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

uhhhhh... :(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I blame the idiot who made the QCS thread and kept asking annoying questions like "but why does it exist, why isn't it a subforum, I don't understand"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

owned

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

I thought the last tourney was fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up