Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

etalian posted:

I can do anything I want!

Technically that's a season 1 performance :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Butcher's S2 arc gave him a lot of fun complexity to work with.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ffs, everyone gave a great performance. Storm front was unbelievably likable by pure charisma alone.

And if you didn't like season 2, you might be a cryptofascist.

Is a cryptofascist someone who's always trying to push bitcoin on you all the time?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is a cryptofascist someone who's always trying to push bitcoin on you all the time?

Christ, I wish.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

no, a cryptofascist were the nazis trying to break allied encryption in WWII, to steal our bitcoins

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

no, a cryptofascist were the nazis trying to break allied encryption in WWII, to steal our bitcoins

I want to imagine Christopher Lee was the first guy to mine cryptocurrency; or at least that is what he called what he did with a pickaxe. Christopher Lee was an awesome dude, is what I’m saying.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

T-man posted:

Alan Turing and his brave crusade to destroy German U-Boats with dogecoin.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Alan Turing and his brave crusade to destroy German U-Boats with dogecoin.

The real thing that stopped the Nazis in ww2 was being unsure of whether the meme pronunciation of "doge" was with the hard or soft g.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Doctor Nutt posted:

The real thing that stopped the Nazis in ww2 was being unsure of whether the meme pronunciation of "doge" was with the hard or soft g.

If instead of a bomb, Stauffenberg had simply handed Hitler a piece of paper with the word GIF on it, Valkyrie would have been successful

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1350915496795799552?s=20

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I dunno if I'm excited or dreading it but it'll definitely be... something

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I am sort of rolling my eyes at the "LOOK AT THIS THING I MADE" with "written by Jessica Chou" cropped out of the thumbnail, but Kripke is usually pretty woke so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Bust Rodd posted:

I am sort of rolling my eyes at the "LOOK AT THIS THING I MADE" with "written by Jessica Chou" cropped out of the thumbnail, but Kripke is usually pretty woke so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Twitter auto-crops everything, is not his fault and the only way to have some control is to compose your pic in certain way and size. It's been a ride with the artists I follow as the auto-crop will a lot of times focus on crotches.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

If they can pull off the "I can do anything!" scene, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Desperado Bones posted:

Twitter auto-crops everything, is not his fault and the only way to have some control is to compose your pic in certain way and size. It's been a ride with the artists I follow as the auto-crop will a lot of times focus on crotches.

Yeah, Kripke made sure to include Jessica Chou's name in the image he took, so he was giving her proper credit. I wouldn't focus on that being an issue.

On a different note, I have no idea what they're talking about in that image, I never read the comic, so I guess I'm in for a wild ride.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Herogasm was the split off miniseries where all of the company's heroes would pretend to come together to fight an overwhelming threat, like the traditional giant rear end crossover specials you see in comics like Secret Wars or Civil War, which was just an excuse for them all to go to a teopical island and cum together i.e. a ludicrious orgy of sex, drinking, and drugs.

It was an even more profane series of images then the usual Boys series. There is some plot stuff that occurs in the background, and the metaplot moves ahead steadily, but yeah, its 3 issues of cartoon characters loving.

Real interesting to see how they adapt it. Feel bad for the actors already lol.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The thing about Herogasm is the part of the gag is that its a 'crossover event' where the kayfabe-skrulls are supposed to be invading or whatever. But in the show, they don't have that aspect where the heros make up supervillains to fight (which is a miss imo) so it will be interesting to see how they do it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

massive spider posted:

The thing about Herogasm is the part of the gag is that its a 'crossover event' where the kayfabe-skrulls are supposed to be invading or whatever. But in the show, they don't have that aspect where the heros make up supervillains to fight (which is a miss imo) so it will be interesting to see how they do it.

Well if it's episode 6, I suppose they have some time to set that up?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's also kinda dumb because, like, every supe we've seen is already balls-n-butt deep in sex and drugs. They have multiple private mansions and hotels and night clubs to be weird and horny in, and as much as I miss going to music festivals and big orgies myself, lol, I'm struggling to come up with a reason they would need to do this instead of just keeping it contained to their fabulous mansions and high-rise penthouses.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Networking. Its also the where the supes do an awards show and hand out their "oscars", as in an event which everyone knows is stupid bullshit but knows its important to be seen at.

Even if your life is already full of parties every scene has a "its the party of the year" event.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

It's also kinda dumb because, like, every supe we've seen is already balls-n-butt deep in sex and drugs. They have multiple private mansions and hotels and night clubs to be weird and horny in, and as much as I miss going to music festivals and big orgies myself, lol, I'm struggling to come up with a reason they would need to do this instead of just keeping it contained to their fabulous mansions and high-rise penthouses.

Because it'll be funny and I actually trust the showrunners to not gently caress it up. I can't say that of most other showrunners.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Kripke made sure to include Jessica Chou's name in the image he took, so he was giving her proper credit. I wouldn't focus on that being an issue.

On a different note, I have no idea what they're talking about in that image, I never read the comic, so I guess I'm in for a wild ride.

It’s the edgiest part of “edgy turbo boogers eww girls have cooties” comic written by “Ed.g.hardcore”.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I just had a quick read of it, it’s hosed up, there’s a drawing of full blown beastiality for which there’s no explanation. I’ve been to high end orgies with drugs and costly prostitutes, no one randomly/casually fucks a dog no matter how kinky they are. Why’s it in the comic in the middle of all the just standard obnoxious supe orgy stuff. It’s unnecessary. The writers a dick head on that front.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well one of the supes is an animorph and Princess Butchlin from the Femizoid Dimension has a knott feti-- wait, where are you going, these are Serious Adult Comics Chats!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

willie_dee posted:

I just had a quick read of it, it’s hosed up, there’s a drawing of full blown beastiality for which there’s no explanation. I’ve been to high end orgies with drugs and costly prostitutes, no one randomly/casually fucks a dog no matter how kinky they are. Why’s it in the comic in the middle of all the just standard obnoxious supe orgy stuff. It’s unnecessary. The writers a dick head on that front.

He did something similar in Preacher with Jesus de Sade (I think thats his name) with extra coprophagia and some other stuff I can't remember.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Collateral posted:

He did something similar in Preacher with Jesus de Sade (I think thats his name) with extra coprophagia and some other stuff I can't remember.

yeah jesus de sade mentioned loving a zebra (i think) and then it was strongly implied he hosed kids.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
The interspecies erotica in Clerks 2 was soooo grim. I'm hopeful the show runner is not going to go near that.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

yeah jesus de sade mentioned loving a zebra (i think) and then it was strongly implied he hosed kids.

This is why Jesse beats the poo poo out of him and breaks all his teeth and he uses the word on the couple that was presently loving the kid but I forget what he makes them do.

It’s genuinely the kind of thing someone who has simply never been to an orgy thinks an orgy would be like.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Orgy Explainer has logged on

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

multijoe posted:

The Orgy Explainer has logged on

Technically we have two Orgy Explainers on this very page.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Owning the extended director's cut blu-ray of Eyes Wide Shut doesn't count as having attended an orgy... :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Eyes Wide Shut orgy is the opposite of the Ennis orgy, in that it such a lame and mincing depiction of an orgy (those nude men are dancing!) that you would probably get politely asked to leave for laughing at the sex dorks and their silly masks.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Look, I've had sex with many form of plant animal and mineral. I've seen many a man and woman roll about in the blood, mud, and sensual vapors with all manners of organism in the name of passion

The rest of these posters in thread that talk of the absence of beast in their communal dalliances are nothing more than lowly rabble; Rats singing of caviar when it merely be them gnawing refuse.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've caught up in the last couple days with a binge watch. I enjoyed it for the most part, and Homelander's actor is so incredibly good at playing barely contained raging psychopathy.

I think if there's one issue I have it's that The Boys' gameplan has been really repetitive, considering almost every single time it's "we have these incriminating photos/videos so you'd better cooperate". Translucent is the exception, but that also kind of proves the rule: They set up the series to show Billy's crew finding ways to hurt supes, and succeeded once, but then shifted to constant blackmail. I get that it's the one thing that can hurt the supes because the show focuses on PR being everything, but I'd like if they could switch it up for more creative ways to get a win. Otherwise I've really enjoyed it.

I also give it credit for being the one show I can think of that's ever subverted my expectations even after seeing spoilers. Before I watched it, I remember reading somewhere that Stormfront was a Nazi. Her name sort of made it obvious anyway, but I thought it just meant neo-Nazi white supremacist. So the reveal that she was literally a WW2 Nazi still surprised me.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I've caught up in the last couple days with a binge watch. I enjoyed it for the most part, and Homelander's actor is so incredibly good at playing barely contained raging psychopathy.

I think if there's one issue I have it's that The Boys' gameplan has been really repetitive, considering almost every single time it's "we have these incriminating photos/videos so you'd better cooperate". Translucent is the exception, but that also kind of proves the rule: They set up the series to show Billy's crew finding ways to hurt supes, and succeeded once, but then shifted to constant blackmail. I get that it's the one thing that can hurt the supes because the show focuses on PR being everything, but I'd like if they could switch it up for more creative ways to get a win. Otherwise I've really enjoyed it.

I also give it credit for being the one show I can think of that's ever subverted my expectations even after seeing spoilers. Before I watched it, I remember reading somewhere that Stormfront was a Nazi. Her name sort of made it obvious anyway, but I thought it just meant neo-Nazi white supremacist. So the reveal that she was literally a WW2 Nazi still surprised me.

Blackmail get really overplayed as a get out of jail free card in season 2, that rando politician guy who called their bluff and told them to gently caress off is the MVP just for that alone imo

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Random thought: I'm glad they didn't do something cliche/cheesy and have Stormfront go back to a German accent as soon as she revealed herself to Homelander.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fartington Butts posted:

Random thought: I'm glad they didn't do something cliche/cheesy and have Stormfront go back to a German accent as soon as she revealed herself to Homelander.

Yeah, you'd think she'd have actually lost that after faking her American accent for the overwhelming majority of her live.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, you'd think she'd have actually lost that after faking her American accent for the overwhelming majority of her live.

Yeah plus a big part of her character was how she "chameleon" blended in to cover up her connections to the past / Nazi era Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah I know all that. I'm saying lovely productions would have done something like that.