Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Not even pretending to have a punchline.

The Dinette Set is about to meet by accident.

Working Daze god just shut up.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is my favorite Twilight Zone episode.

Cul De Sac goes completely off-brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (January 13, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (March 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (October 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (February 16, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (July 17, 1935)

Dark Laughter (September 30, 1939)

Mopsy Sunday (December 22, 1946)

Patty-Jo ’n’ Ginger (January 26, 1952)

“Course it’s nice if you c’n REMEMBER, but I sometimes get the nasty suspicion that things were NEVER what they used to be!”

Dinky Fellas (April 8, 1965)

Wee Pals (April 8, 1965)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Slammy posted:

“Course it’s nice if you c’n REMEMBER, but I sometimes get the nasty suspicion that things were NEVER what they used to be!”

That leprechaun knows what's up.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

amigolupus posted:

Someone mentioned before that the lighting on the Sunday strips was pretty bad since Jules makes Mark's skin look really shiny and almost-white. The lighting on this strip is way better and I hope Jules sticks with it.
I did! I believe I used the word "greasepaint". :)

I need to point out, just because I found it so baffling: it wasn't almost white, it was literally stark white. R255 G255 B255, #FFFFFF, no way to get any whiter on a screen. It's like there was a whole coloring layer missing. It really does look much better this way. We had one Sunday strip with that coloring a while ago, and that looked great too, but then it went back into the white shade for a while.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Part 2 of Max and Mini

The End!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You are both high-paid professionals. You can afford a 600 dollar table if you want it. gently caress you and your biking shorts that probably cost more, Ed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You are both high-paid professionals. You can afford a 600 dollar table if you want it. gently caress you and your biking shorts that probably cost more, Ed.

otoh boomers love to accumulate useless crap that's just there to be a possession taking up space in your house, e.g. china cabinets, decorative pillows, tiny tables, etc. etc.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin and Kell (February 1-5, 1999)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm not an expert but isn't an investment something that will increase in value? Buy it for 600 and then sell it for more (taking inflation into account)? A lovely overpriced piece of junk designed to look "rustic" isn't going to make you any wealth. Especially not after bileful bag of poo poo there uses it as support when he puts on his socks and shoes until it predictably breaks.

Poil fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 18, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Poil posted:

I'm not an expert but isn't an investment something that will increase in value? Buy it for 600 and then sell it for more (taking inflation into account)? A lovely overpriced piece of junk designed to look "rustic" isn't going to make you any wealth. Especially not after bileful bag of poo poo there uses it as support when he puts on his socks and shoes until it predictably breaks.

It's a cliche phrase that helps one to feel less guilty for spending money and reduces the buyer's remorse.

(also sometimes probably true)

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Slammy posted:

It bugs me that the artist almost always draws the characters crammed in the bottom half of the panel. I can't unsee it now that I've noticed it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 20, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 20, 1999)

Garfield Classic (May 20, 1989)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin and Kell (February 1-5, 1999)

Is this the first of Holbrook's tortured "work visual metaphors"?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Circus Windows

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/17/01

Brenda Starr 7/22/45

Smokey Stover 4/17-19/39

"Smoky"? "Nat Holman"? Someone wasn't paying attention in the Star-Telegram's layout department that day.

Richard's Poor Almanac

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jun 2-3, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Oct 28-31, 1988)

Robbie and Bobby

(Jun 7, 2018)

(Jun 8, 2018)

(Jun 11, 2018)

(Jun 13, 2018)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Joseph Hazelwood was the captain of the Exxon Valdez when it struck Bligh Reef off the coast of Alaska and spilled 11 million gallons of oil into Prince William Sound in 1989.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Hazelwood

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 18, 2021

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

It's really weird to see a larson character with eyes drawn the way Satan's are here

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Starting to feel a bad for Ronka at this point

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Poil posted:

People like to use "investment" as shorthand for "purchase" because it makes them feel better about buying something they'll definitely lose money on. Just see people in IYG asking if they should "invest" in a phone or speakers or e-reader or whatever. That said, it can also be properly used to describe a tool that can make you more efficient, though it might be difficult to determine returns on that. Buying a new screwdriver because this one broke is an investment if my livelihood depends on having a working screwdriver. Antiques *can* appreciate, but you better know what you're buying, and the money is almost certainly better spent on some stocks or whatever, in reality.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

The_Other posted:

Circus Windows

I guess Lottie's still peeved over the whole Wen-Tack road debacle.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Knowing that strip, it's also a "wimmin and their silly whims, amirite?" although if Ed wanted a fancy stereo or something THAT would be OK.

Scary Gary

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I guess Lottie's still peeved over the whole Wen-Tack road debacle.

Yeah, I keep wondering if Allison will bring that up in this story (I'm a supporter on his Patreon so I got the full comic as a pdf, but I want to read it at same pace of the rest of this thread). I've always wondered if Allison still thinks of the Wen-Tack stories as cannon, given that they are not even mentioned on the old Scary Go Round site. Lottie sort of makes a reference to it in Wicked Things:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

T to the R to the A to the Ill.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

And at the same time in a hospital hundreds of miles away, Johnny Walker is being born.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The_Other posted:

Yeah, I keep wondering if Allison will bring that up in this story (I'm a supporter on his Patreon so I got the full comic as a pdf, but I want to read it at same pace of the rest of this thread). I've always wondered if Allison still thinks of the Wen-Tack stories as cannon, given that they are not even mentioned on the old Scary Go Round site. Lottie sort of makes a reference to it in Wicked Things:

He addresses it in the comment section for the last strip:

https://badmachinery.com/comic/very-street-most-peng/

John Allison posted:

I just didn’t have anywhere to put it on the site and didn’t think it was very good. Picture a clock with no hands and no face and that’s how much time I spend thinking about whether something I have done is “canon” or not. All the Wen Tack events happened. They just weren’t any good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

relieved to see we are keeping the tension as low as possible, and that this will go on for yet another week. gosh i sure do hope this ends with her continuing to apologize for a condition she can't control and him benevolently accepting the apology

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
August 2nd, 1940 Comics

The Shadow

Flyin' Jenny

That seems like a weird thing to dismiss.

And as always, Axa

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Bogor needs to chill the gently caress out.

Pancho Jueves posted:

It bugs me that the artist almost always draws the characters crammed in the bottom half of the panel. I can't unsee it now that I've noticed it.
Thanks, now I can't unsee it either.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Weembles posted:

He addresses it in the comment section for the last strip:

https://badmachinery.com/comic/very-street-most-peng/

Justice for the Wen-Tack Action Group.