Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

Ice Planet had them too.

Aquazone had magnets with nearly every set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I went in with expectations of only voting for Space themes but oh man, Aquazone is on the list. Not to mention Black Knights and Black Falcons?

Ice Planet
Aquazone
Black Knights

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
None of these have nostalgic attachments for me. E/N: didn't have any Lego sets when I was a kid, i can remember Erector Sets and Kenner Star Wars stuff. Didn't get into Lego until we had our daughter then found you goons.

I voted
-Ice Planet
-Adventurers
-Time (Bandits) Cruisers just for laughs

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
If ice planet doesn't win then the majority of lego fans have no soul

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Transparent orange chainsaws and skis are long due their return.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

mitochondritom posted:

Transparent orange chainsaws and skis are long due their return.

So much this.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
For me it was

-Blacktron
-Ice Planet
-Paradisa

They’ll do a castle no matter what so no point wasting a vote, I can’t tell the difference between most of the sub themes. Forestmen seems to be very popular, I think that would be neat. I’m done with Classic Space and would like to see some Blacktron I in particular instead.

crazy eyes mustafa fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 18, 2021

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
There's a 3-in-1 castle coming but (like the pirate ship) it'll probably be in a different style to the classic stuff.

Would really like a Forestman set, especially given it missed out in the recent Ideas wave.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ice Planet
Adventurers
Paradisa

I love that 1930s pulp era look, so that given care and attention would be amazing. As I said before, going full 80s Florida Vaporwave Paradisa I would love so much. And Ice Planet duh. I’d accept Blacktron too.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I've uploaded the catalog parrot to Bricklink. Here's a final render:

And here's the link - it's pending approval but will be partial access once it gets approved. I'll probably update it to full at that time if I can.
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=199271

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Actually yeah, I'd change my vote to adventurers over space.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

My fond memories of Ice Planet were sitting on the rug in the lounge room one winter's afternoon building the Celestial Sled, the heater on, and East 17 blasting on the TV. It was a hell of a year, 1993.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Had to vote for Ice Planet, Adventurers, and Rock Raiders because those were the sets I always played with the most as a kid. That light-up "laser" in RR got so much re-use in my MOCs.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Feenix posted:

Trains goddammit.

Voted Trains too. Although now that I FINALLY got my bootleg ir receiver and battery pack so I can properly regulate speed and make a train go around all this track I set up, I dunno... it's fine. I feel like I liked my monorail more as a kid than this. I know it was overly simple in that it just had one speed, but this thing makes a kind of high pitched whine and the speed is so inconsistent when going straight vs. around a bend. Obviously it's just Lego that happens to be a train, not a model train from the ground up like my granddad's old model train I played with as a kid, or my dad's larger scale one. I dunno, it's fine and I guess I'll keep buying more knock-off track add ons then maybe add more trains depending on what they come out with. I definitely prefer having a physical remote control and have no interest in using my phone with a bluetooth battery pack that eats through these AAA's even faster.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I never really considered all those different medieval clans different themes. Just different rival groups. Same with pirates and imperials.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I voted for Aquazone and then wrote in AQUASHARKS

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

deoju posted:

I never really considered all those different medieval clans different themes. Just different rival groups. Same with pirates and imperials.

Cojawfee posted:

I voted for Aquazone and then wrote in AQUASHARKS

Kinda crazy how many sub-themes there are sometimes. There's 5 different sub-themes of Aquazone, which as a whole has been established as an underwater sub-theme of the Space theme.

M-Tron, Ice Planet, Exploriens. Didn't go into the vote expecting to come out with all space, but welp. :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone who thinks BL is fine with it's sellers first mentality:

https://store.bricklink.com/Bricks_Master#/terms

Yeah, definitely want to business with this guy.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

davebo posted:

Voted Trains too. Although now that I FINALLY got my bootleg ir receiver and battery pack so I can properly regulate speed and make a train go around all this track I set up, I dunno... it's fine. I feel like I liked my monorail more as a kid than this. I know it was overly simple in that it just had one speed, but this thing makes a kind of high pitched whine and the speed is so inconsistent when going straight vs. around a bend. Obviously it's just Lego that happens to be a train, not a model train from the ground up like my granddad's old model train I played with as a kid, or my dad's larger scale one. I dunno, it's fine and I guess I'll keep buying more knock-off track add ons then maybe add more trains depending on what they come out with. I definitely prefer having a physical remote control and have no interest in using my phone with a bluetooth battery pack that eats through these AAA's even faster.

Given that model trains can be a stupidly expensive hobby, and that Lego is now OK with “adult targeted” products, I wonder if Lego’s considered producing DCC-compatible bogie engines and powered rail options. The Bluetooth/IR/battery stuff is fine for a “train in a box,” but I wonder if they could get a lot of AFOL on board with a more traditional, well-supported system.

Or maybe I’m talking out my rear end and DCC wouldn’t work at all!

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Waltzing Along posted:

An old boss was from Singapore, and that's basically what he sound like. :D He was a nice and good dude though. Probably wouldn't buy anything from him or this guy though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

deoju posted:

Same. It's like they want us to choose the impossible.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

I voted
- Forestmen
- Blacktron
- Wolfpack

Mainly nostalgia from my childhood, particularly Blacktron 2.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Blacktron I over II imo. I had the second iteration but the black/yellow theme of the first (and the badass triforce logo) has to me always been the “true” classic space theme. About ten years ago I could have bought the entire Blacktron I line of ships (no base) for $100 and I’ve been kicking myself ever since.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m surprised Lego want to remember Rock Raiders at all. All those big unique pieces almost bankrupted them.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bring back Time Cruisers :colbert:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sets covered in crazy cyberpunk bullshit is why I like the Ninjago City...

Kazy posted:

Bring back Time Cruisers :colbert:

But no not like that.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

I read through this and if you strip the harsh language the intent is very similar to what I put on my BL terms. Now, is this guy an rear end in a top hat? Absolutely. I choose to not be an rear end in a top hat by blasting people on BrickLink. I do have a list of banned people from my store for the way they've acted, and get numerous messages that I don't respond to, but I don't advertise these things. I've just learned to try to be crystal clear with straightforward directions in the terms that attempt to protect me from being taken advantage of.

I think the biggest thing is that a lot of people (myself included) think, "I am a reasonable person and just want to buy some Lego" and further think that is representative of everybody in the hobby. That is not the case. Go ahead and try to sell on BL to get your own experiences. You'll learn pretty quickly that the Lego hobby is full of literal man-children/people wanting stuff for free/people wanting to break the rules you've set down and you'll have to figure out a way to deal with them.

I want to be clear, this person is someone you may not want to buy from. Personally, I would only buy from here if there was no other option because of the way they're acting. I am saying having had the experiences I've had with selling I do at least understand why this person would be like that in the terms.

Related to the vote on the 90th anniversary I really hope it's not a space theme that gets the nod, unless it's Ice Planet/M-Tron. But I've never really considered those space themes.

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Aside from 6988 and 6991 that were already mentioned, that baseplate with different printing gets used in another Space set (6983), three Castles (6081, 6086, 6082) and three Pirate sets (6276, 6277, 6273)

Funny you should mention that. I'm not sure Lego's ever confirmed it, but it's pretty widely believed that Aquazone came out of the development of an abandoned space theme called Sea-Tron, which is exactly what you described. There's a lot of people (myself included) that regard Aquazone as a Space theme (kind of) for that reason.

Brickpedia certainly considers them part of Space. That's backstory I never heard when I was a kid, but it might have been a regional thing like the Slizer/Throwbot distinction.

As for the vote, most of themes were the ones around when I was a kid so it's pretty tough, there's lots of nostalgia there. I also feel like there's some odd options, like Arctic which had a release just a couple of years ago. Also lumping all of Pirates into two choices while having most of the Castle and Space factions as separate choices. Sure, the pirates side is just one faction, but there were bluecoats, redcoats and the Spanish dudes for the Imperials as well as the Islanders.

For me it's Aquazone, Forestmen and Rock Raiders.

That information about Sea-Tron is 100% blowing my mind. I always felt like the original Aquanauts/Aquasharks themes really captured that level of fantasy/exploration and to know that it may have been a space sub theme is nuts to me. When I was a kid I loved Ice Planet and the Aquanauts/Aquasharks and I pretended that it was all on one planet where the surface was frozen and under the surface of the planet there was this incredible seascape.

Earth fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 18, 2021

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh thanks! I’ll have a look tomorrow!

Might want to check out Argos too friend, many sets ~ 50 % off on there and at least for my Sainsbury there is an Argos inside. DEALS

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I mean aquazone is space just like seaquest dsv is star trek

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I mean aquazone is space just like seaquest dsv is star trek

No surprise here. Aquazone was my first place vote and I loved Seaquest too. I even got my partner to sign up to vote for Aquazone. I don't know what her other two votes were.

And if you're thinking I have horrible taste I'll add some fuel to the fire. I loved Earth 2, too!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Can't link it, but there is a new reward at lego vip.

It's a coin with one of the old castle crown shields on it.

Wonder if it portends to some future releases or if lego is just taunting us.

Here's a link with pictures. https://www.stonewars.de/angebote/lego-castle-muenze-und-sammeletui-als-vip-praemien/

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you look on the VIP site one of the other available rewards is a coin holder which shows the castle coin as well as a pirate coin, a Lego logo coin, a city coin, and a space coin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

mitochondritom posted:

Might want to check out Argos too friend, many sets ~ 50 % off on there and at least for my Sainsbury there is an Argos inside. DEALS

Everything I want at Argos seems to be sold out long ago. Their site is super frustrating. It’ll let you add anything to the cart, then tells you it’s out of stock everywhere.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 18, 2021

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I have no memory of it, but apparently I redeemed some VIP points at the end of November, and the discount expires this week. Ninjago Gardens is already arriving today so I guess... Ship in a Bottle. Happy Monday to me.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Nth Doctor posted:

I have no memory of it, but apparently I redeemed some VIP points at the end of November, and the discount expires this week. Ninjago Gardens is already arriving today so I guess... Ship in a Bottle. Happy Monday to me.

Maybe you ordered when they were doing half off a 20$ discount for black friday? I did, and your post reminded me that I need to use it soon, ha.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I finished the haunted house ride last night. The part that worried me most was the lift chain. It’s supposed to be 150 links long and taut, and the two ends didn’t connect unless I stretched the chain a pretty fair distance equal to 2+ more links. I was worried about breaking something and quintuple checked everything to make sure I could and should try that. I did it, and the manual crank works perfectly.

I have the parts to use Powered Up app with it and tried it out before going to bed, but it didn’t want to do anything except whir. After work today I’ll put effort into to figuring it out.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

I finished the haunted house ride last night. The part that worried me most was the lift chain. It’s supposed to be 150 links long and taut, and the two ends didn’t connect unless I stretched the chain a pretty fair distance equal to 2+ more links. I was worried about breaking something and quintuple checked everything to make sure I could and should try that. I did it, and the manual crank works perfectly.

I have the parts to use Powered Up app with it and tried it out before going to bed, but it didn’t want to do anything except whir. After work today I’ll put effort into to figuring it out.

I had the same experience with the chain. It took a bit of back and forth from being too short and wouldn't reach to being too long and not catching on the gear so I don't remember how many links I ended up with, but it was definitely more than what the manual said.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Paradisa better make it. If not, I’m very disappointed in all of you.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

This dude is why Black Knights are best knights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

bij posted:

This dude is why Black Knights are best knights.
God those shields were so drat cool.