Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

They definitely do have mutant projects on the horizon.

Have the post-finale scene of WandaVision just be a 10 second 'databurst' of Jonathan Hickman infographics about mutants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing as they don't have any mutant projects on the horizon I doubt Wandavision is going to be used to backdoor them into the MCU.

I wouldn't be surprised if we at least get hints at them over the course of phase four starting with WandaVision, like Nick Fury cropping up to tease the Avengers in phase 1.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

If Evan Peters is playing who a lot of people are speculating, it’s likely mutants will be addressed in some form.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arist posted:

I really doubt they'll show up in FatWS as a result of WandaVision since that series was supposed to be our first.

Yeah, they may not use this to backdoor mutants into the MCU, but I think it can definitely address mutants. The rumors for Falcon and the Winter Soldier have them coming across the Weapon Plus program, and Omega Red showing up. They also travel to Madripoor.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I haven't watched any Marvel movies or anything since Age of Ultron because I felt like I'd seen and heard it all before, but I watched a couple episodes of this and am intrigued!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I feel like you probably at least need some context from Infinity War and Endgame to get what's going on here (probably not a huge amount though).

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Yeah I was a little disappointed to learn this explicitly was set after the most recent movie where a bunch of people die but I like reality bending stuff with lots of hidden details so I will probably stick with it for a bit.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

stev posted:

I feel like you probably at least need some context from Infinity War and Endgame to get what's going on here (probably not a huge amount though).

The seven minute primer shorts they put out are more then enough context really. I’m sure all the other shows will get these recaps as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, they may not use this to backdoor mutants into the MCU, but I think it can definitely address mutants. The rumors for Falcon and the Winter Soldier have them coming across the Weapon Plus program, and Omega Red showing up. They also travel to Madripoor.

If they pull a Mandalorian and have Wolverine show up in that show, Jackman and all, i'm ded

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I was a little disappointed to learn this explicitly was set after the most recent movie where a bunch of people die but I like reality bending stuff with lots of hidden details so I will probably stick with it for a bit.

The main important thing to know is Vision is absolutely dead before this. Like, the stone from his head was brutally torn from his skull, leaving him a gray husk. Later on, said stone was destroyed, so it wasn't like he was going to get rebuilt. Just him being there is a red flag.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

tsob posted:

I don't know, I'd think there's a good chance Thomas is in just because it gives homage to Quicksilver as her dead brother given he's a speedster too. As is though, if they're going to have them come out of it, I'd imagine it'll be just by dint of rapid growth so they'll have infants in the 70's pastiche, but they'll probably be young kids by the 90's for the Full House style one and teens by the more modern stuff. Wanda did become 6 or 7 months pregnant in seconds after all, so it wouldn't be shocking if the kids age between episodes or even scenes.

Hell, several sitcoms magically aged up children over summer hiatus once standards and practices allowed tv shows to acknowledge that women can get pregnant. One was Ashley Johnson of Critical Role fame who had a tiny role in Avengers.

Gavok posted:

The main important thing to know is Vision is absolutely dead before this. Like, the stone from his head was brutally torn from his skull, leaving him a gray husk. Later on, said stone was destroyed, so it wasn't like he was going to get rebuilt. Just him being there is a red flag.

Also, since there's a chance it'll come up, before Vision was killed by Thanos, Banner and Shuri were in the middle of mapping his brain structure to create a backup since destroying him was a last ditch option. Which Wanda had to do herself and then got to watch that sacrifice be rewound just so Thanos could do it himself.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 17, 2021

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

A line I really liked in episode 2 that I think was just subtle enough that a lot of people missed the more thematic implications it has about the entire show.

"Wanda, aren't you a little worried the audience might see through this whole charade?"
"Well, that's the whole point. In a real magic act, everything is fake."

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I'm really loving that the trailer seems to have been like 75% from just the first two episodes, and I'll bet that another 20% is from the next one. There's 7 episodes left after this week, and while some people have done spoilers for some of the future TV shows it'll be pulling from we know very little about how the majority will look or even what the endgame (lol) is for the overall arc. It's refreshing when you compare that to movie trailers where you get literally the entire movie from it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Cael posted:

I'm really loving that the trailer seems to have been like 75% from just the first two episodes, and I'll bet that another 20% is from the next one. There's 7 episodes left after this week, and while some people have done spoilers for some of the future TV shows it'll be pulling from we know very little about how the majority will look or even what the endgame (lol) is for the overall arc. It's refreshing when you compare that to movie trailers where you get literally the entire movie from it.

this is also a good thing because I feel like "22 minutes of sitcom, 2 minutes of metaplot" might get a little frustrating after 8 episodes (presumably the last one would spend time tying off ends).

I'm enjoying the sitcom, but that would be a lot of teasing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Boxman posted:

this is also a good thing because I feel like "22 minutes of sitcom, 2 minutes of metaplot" might get a little frustrating after 8 episodes (presumably the last one would spend time tying off ends).

I'm enjoying the sitcom, but that would be a lot of teasing.

I think starting next episode we will start seeing more bleeding in, and probably more of the perspective of those "outside" of Wandavision.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can't remember which Tumblr meme I got this from but someone once said a couple years ago that Wanda wishes her life was a romcom, but she's actually living in a survival horror, which seems very apt for how it's going for her nowadays. :sweatdrop:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Gavok posted:

I thought of this part in the first episode when Wanda said something like "My husband and his indestructible head!"

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Cael posted:

I would agree that the promos haven't been too spoilery, but I think those metrics are a bit off

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing as they don't have any mutant projects on the horizon I doubt Wandavision is going to be used to backdoor them into the MCU.

They held back the announcement of the Boba Fett show a week or so just so they could announce it at the end of Mando Season 2.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'm now expecting them to have a few interesting things in secret.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm now expecting them to have a few interesting things in secret.

Well, the Luke arrival at the end of The Mandolorian Season Two proves that Disney can drat well keep things secret if they really want to do so.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The whole lengthy pastiche of classic sitcoms didn't really do anything for me, but I assume all this is going somewhere. Anyway, I really hope they crank up the scary poo poo soon, because this is straight out of Twin Peaks season 3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Everyone posted:

Well, the Luke arrival at the end of The Mandolorian Season Two proves that Disney can drat well keep things secret if they really want to do so.

In fairness, the most spoilery person there wasn't actually on set and did their part in VO

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Necrothatcher posted:

The whole lengthy pastiche of classic sitcoms didn't really do anything for me, but I assume all this is going somewhere. Anyway, I really hope they crank up the scary poo poo soon, because this is straight out of Twin Peaks season 3:

Very excited for this to be a Peter Weller cameo

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Nah, it'll obviously be Nic Cage.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Fiddled in settings quickly. Peter Weller?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but Agnes is being telegraphed as Agatha Harkness. Abbreviation of her name, appears in a witch costume in one of the trailers, and Auntie A's Kitty Litter appears in the animated opening.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I really don't like superhero media but I am here for the surreal darkness and sense of foreboding in WandaVision. Both episodes are fun, strange, and I can't believe that I want more.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

GigaPeon posted:

They held back the announcement of the Boba Fett show a week or so just so they could announce it at the end of Mando Season 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like this with Young Avengers. Maybe not literally in the end credits of WV episode 9, but relatively soon after the series ends.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but Agnes is being telegraphed as Agatha Harkness. Abbreviation of her name, appears in a witch costume in one of the trailers, and Auntie A's Kitty Litter appears in the animated opening.

Yeah, I've seen multiple places speculate that The main villain/entity trapping Wanda is Mephisto. At first I thought some of the evidence might be iffy, but I'm leaning towards it. Agnes babe Agatha Harkness, the line in episode 2 about the devil is in the details, etc...

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, I've seen multiple places speculate that The main villain/entity trapping Wanda is Mephisto. At first I thought some of the evidence might be iffy, but I'm leaning towards it. Agnes babe Agatha Harkness, the line in episode 2 about the devil is in the details, etc...

Supposedly it’s going to tie into Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Elizabeth Olson is confirmed to be cast in it. A lot of people are speculating the villain of that film will either be Mephisto or Nightmare and either would work here.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edmund Lava posted:

Supposedly it’s going to tie into Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Elizabeth Olson is confirmed to be cast in it. A lot of people are speculating the villain of that film will either be Mephisto or Nightmare and either would work here.

I'm honestly expecting the equivalent of Hamill in Mandalorian being Cumberbatch cameo-ing in the finale.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Barry Convex posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like this with Young Avengers. Maybe not literally in the end credits of WV episode 9, but relatively soon after the series ends.

I figured Young Avengers was inevitable once I heard they were on their third Cassie Lang.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, please be the head of SWORD.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

The_Doctor posted:

I looked up the actor earlier, beekeeper guy is credited to a stunt guy who's been on a bunch of MCU movies and shows.

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 18, 2021

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

Edmund Lava posted:

A lot of people are also speculating the villain of that film will be Wanda. I'm pretty intrigued where this phase 4 stuff is going

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Piell posted:

I looked up the actor earlier, beekeeper guy is credited to a stunt guy who's been on a bunch of MCU movies and shows.

Makes sense. Spoiling the plot with a cast list isn't worth it. Also I guess whoever would actually play that guy would demand quite a bit more money for that one minute performance. By the way, are those bees real? If yes, that would be another good reason to use a stuntman.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Zoobtro posted:

A lot of people are also speculating the villain of that film will be Wanda. I'm pretty intrigued where this phase 4 stuff is going

(Re:Casting spoilers for upcoming projects)
I hadn’t considered that and now I’m hoping that’s what’s happening.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

cant cook creole bream posted:

Makes sense. Spoiling the plot with a cast list isn't worth it. Also I guess whoever would actually play that guy would demand quite a bit more money for that one minute performance. By the way, are those bees real? If yes, that would be another good reason to use a stuntman.

You might consider who that guy has doubled for in the past Martin Freeman i.e. Everett Ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So I looked up SWORD on Wikipedia because I wasn’t sure what it’s deal was, and the part that references Wandavision is kinda spoilery so watch out. Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division. Is that what it always stands for?