Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Elon Musk found new city for his "like a subway but much, much worse" tunnel thingies.

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1351192404670427140?s=20

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Skwirl posted:

Elon Musk found new city for his "like a subway but much, much worse" tunnel thingies.

Good luck trying that with the height of Florida's water table 🤣

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

No kidding. You think NYC has issues with water infiltration in their subway, try doing that in Miami. This is a soils engineering nightmare.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Looking forward to Musk sinking FL into the Atlantic :allears:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Putting cars and trucks in a tunnel does not stop them from generating toxic gasses.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

D-LINK posted:

Good luck trying that with the height of Florida's water table 🤣

Yeah, I know jack poo poo about engineering and water levels and what not and my first thought was "is this a stealth announcement that Tesla is gonna be making amphibious vehicles now?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Guze posted:

Putting cars and trucks in a tunnel does not stop them from generating toxic gasses.

I think he's trying to say this would cut down on traffic congestion (it wouldn't, but whatever) which would cut down on pollution.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I know jack poo poo about engineering and water levels and what not and my first thought was "is this a stealth announcement that Tesla is gonna be making amphibious vehicles now?"

don't you remember the pedo-killing submarine??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Skwirl posted:

Didn't Tesla make an offer to make a little submarine to free those trapped miners a while back? Gotta get use out of that R&D somehow.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

If you asked me yesterday whether digging a bunch of tunnels under Florida to drive cars through was a good idea, I would have said probably not, but now that Elon Musk has suggested it I know it's a terrible plan.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn't Tesla make an offer to make a little submarine to free those trapped miners a while back? Gotta get use out of that R&D somehow.

And it was rejected by the Thai government for being completely useless.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

dirty shrimp money posted:

And it was rejected by the Thai government for being completely useless.

I remember the maps with the little bit they had to go through to escape where you couldn't get junior high kids to fit with scuba tanks on their back. Which was well known before they even started looking at things.

And there's this dumb 10 foot long submarine that can't bend that was supposed to go through there.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Skwirl posted:

I think he's trying to say this would cut down on traffic congestion (it wouldn't, but whatever) which would cut down on pollution.

what if we made the tunnels, but got rid of all the cars, and just had a few really long cars that could hold lots of people???!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Watch Elon Musk create Atlantis.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I saw this episode of Batman the Animated Series

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Lol tunnels in Miami

I want whatever the gently caress he's on. We have wells here that aren't even 20' deep in a lot of areas.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Guze posted:

he's pushing a ferry thing that moves your car via an electric skate thru the tunnel

but yes, really stupid and moreso with the geology

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Florida's sitting on limestone, you can't tunnel through it without everything collapsing immediately inward

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Musk is just promoting his brand to keep pumping Tesla stock

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Toaster Beef posted:

Florida's sitting on limestone, you can't tunnel through it without everything collapsing immediately inward

Still not seeing the problem...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

alright job interview

round tables setup, was catered with panera.

two doctors, two of the advanced practitioners (what I am), the office manager, and hiring manager.

The docs and APs knew me from my rotations. Doctor and my preceptor were very complimentary. Talked about the practice, what I wanted, why I liked neurology, etc. Other doc really liked that I had been an inpatient rehab CNA. Everyone kept talking to me about what I "will" be doing instead of "would." Head doc said specifically he was going to start me on a lot of post stroke consults.

Head doc asked me if I was interested in this opportunity and I said yes of course, it's everything I want, etc. Didn't mention that I wanted to shift inpatient after a year but it's with the same group. Hiring manager kept talking about what a good opportunity it WILL be for me to help rebuild this practice (they've lost a lot of docs to various other things) and that i'll be able to recreate it how i want. Tons of good signs.

but then they mention that they have to interview one other person.

on the way out the office manager is NOT a new grad, has experience, I didn't press, but that it wasn't all about schooling. you have to be a good fit with the office.

total interview was like an hour and a half.

if i had to pull myself out of myself and look at it from above, I'd say it went well. But having been there I'm not sure.

holy gently caress that was stressful

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/itsa_talia/status/1351247136491495440

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

alright job interview

two doctors, two of the advanced practitioners (what I am), the office manager, and hiring manager.

The docs and APs knew me from my rotations. Doctor and my preceptor were very complimentary. Talked about the practice, what I wanted, why I liked neurology, etc. Other doc really liked that I had been an inpatient rehab CNA. Everyone kept talking to me about what I "will" be doing instead of "would." Head doc said specifically he was going to start me on a lot of post stroke consults.

Head doc asked me if I was interested in this opportunity and I said yes of course, it's everything I want, etc. Didn't mention that I wanted to shift inpatient after a year but it's with the same group. Hiring manager kept talking about what a good opportunity it WILL be for me to help rebuild this practice (they've lost a lot of docs to various other things) and that i'll be able to recreate it how i want. Tons of good signs.

on the way out the office manager is NOT a new grad, has experience, I didn't press, but that it wasn't all about schooling. you have to be a good fit with the office.

if i had to pull myself out of myself and look at it from above, I'd say it went well. But having been there I'm not sure.

Sir this is the N/V thread

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sir this is the N/V thread

Are you at the next level and now mistake the chat thread for the N/V thread?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
As the master it is my duty to troll my disciples who follow my teachings

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

alright job interview

Sounds promising and that they want you there. In my (recent) experience interviewers make a point to not say "You will be doing" and instead say something like "the position calls for a candidate to" etc.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Still not seeing the problem...

:sadwave:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

saintonan posted:

Watch Elon Musk create Atlantis Rapture.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I went to bed at 10 last night and didn't wake up again until 3:30 this afternoon.

God, the fatigue from kidney disease loving sucks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/mistergeezy/status/1350987536534024201?s=09

What the poo poo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:lmao: you know those "patriots" would've been treated completely different if they were BLM.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s like, the sacredest place, but will we remove you? :effort:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Now let’s see how those officers react to a PoC jaywalking

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/status/1351304860004622340?s=19

Suddenly my Dad has an appointment for Sunday, this rules

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

she fell asleep on my hoodie :3:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lmao: you know those "patriots" would've been treated completely different if they were BLM.

The body count would be in the hundreds, if not thousands, if a BLM march tried to storm congress.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
My mom got her first dose of the vaccine this weekend, I'm very glad because she's diabetic and has a public-facing job so the holidays were super stressful. Of course both my parents are right under that 65 threshold (literally, my mom is 63 and my dad is 64) so I hope my dad can go get it sooner rather than later.

Also holy poo poo nobody told me that (Three Houses, fairly late game) The Empire was gonna use loving missiles on its own fort, where in the absolute gently caress did that come from

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Manoueverable posted:

Also holy poo poo nobody told me that (Three Houses, fairly late game) The Empire was gonna use loving missiles on its own fort, where in the absolute gently caress did that come from

That was pretty much the entire second half of the game for me, I don’t really follow half the plot, but it’s certainly entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Master Stur posted:

Musk is just promoting his brand to keep pumping Tesla stock

He does this like every 2 weeks just to make everyone on twitter cook off. Works every time.