Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Karia posted:

Bubu pharmacy sells all the Linyue plants.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Geo box still sucks. I could definitely get a higher score than ~2200 but don't feel like doing it again. At least this one never respawns the columns.

Framboise posted:

Hit my wanderlust pity and got an Aquila Favonia. Feels like the most unlucky roll when Black Sword and Festering Desire seem just better overall.

I'm pretty certain Aquila Favonia is dramatically better than both of those if you're putting it on some sort of carry that actually wants to do DPS with the weapon (I think it would almost always be better than Black Sword). Granted, there aren't many sword carries currently (maybe just Keqing, though you can also make it work with Jean), but the raw attack still might make it superior to a variety of other options even in a support role.

It's effect is also pretty handy in terms of survivability. It has a somewhat long cooldown, but you usually don't get hit that often, and it's nice to have it explode and negate most/all damage in addition to hitting the enemy pretty hard.

Mr Snips posted:

I guess I got lucky this week because all 3 of the weekly bosses dropped a weapon prototype for me (2 swords, 1 polearm)

Yeah, that's pretty lucky. I think it's been at least 2 months since I've gotten a prototype (in fact I don't think I've gotten one since the release of the Childe fight). I got kind of lucky with them early on, at least.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Geo cube still folds to a maid with a greatsword, good to know.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Is there a flower seller in Lin like in Mont?

The pharmacy actually only has qingxin and violetgrass. Iirc there's a vendor in Qingxe village that has glaze lilies. I don't recall offhand seeing silkflowers for sale anywhere, but those are so easy to stock up on that I can't imagine ever needing to buy them to supplement your supply.

Not flowers, but you can also get jueyun chilis at Wanmin restaurant.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

The pharmacy actually only has qingxin and violetgrass. Iirc there's a vendor in Qingxe village that has glaze lilies. I don't recall offhand seeing silkflowers for sale anywhere, but those are so easy to stock up on that I can't imagine ever needing to buy them to supplement your supply.

The vendor in the village has silkflowers as well iirc.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Cattail Prophet posted:

Don't buy glaze lilies, they are ungodly expensive: 50k EACH. They're pretty easy to farm anyway.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty certain Aquila Favonia is dramatically better than both of those if you're putting it on some sort of carry that actually wants to do DPS with the weapon (I think it would almost always be better than Black Sword). Granted, there aren't many sword carries currently (maybe just Keqing, though you can also make it work with Jean), but the raw attack still might make it superior to a variety of other options even in a support role.

Other than Phys Keq, Favonia doesn't have anything other than big base attack that sword dps wants because of its phys dmg substat and not great proc. It's best use is probably a stat stick for support Bennett or Jean.

Electro Keq and Melt Bennett both want Black Sword because getting Crit Rate + Dmg from a weapon is huge, big enough to offset the lower base attack

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Karia posted:

Is it worth sending characters on the mora expeditions? On one hand, 10-15k mora per day is pretty insignificant: a full week is like one condensed resin ley line, and I hate farming eggs. On the other hand: I'm broker than Morax.

I just hit up this spot every now and then for eggs:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

TheFluff posted:

Most supports benefit quite a bit from the 4th ascension at level 60, but leveling them beyond that is a project you can put off for AR50+. For carries level 70 with level 80 weapon is also a reasonable place to be, but you can level them further if you want. If you're willing to pay for the battle pass I'd refine the Widsith since you can always get a Solar Pearl if you wanna build Ningguang or something.

Cool thanks. Is it also worth it to spend resin at this point for ascension/talent/weapon stuff, or should I save them for AR45 artifacts?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what the gently caress is this boss

i can't even damage it and it does 40,000 damage to me in 0.3s

tell me how to fight it

e: i did it on normal. 1k points. i hate this event so much
e2: did it on expert too, 2.7k. i have no words

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 18, 2021

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Break the rock it's on with claymore basic attacks. Level doesn't matter. Zhongli can also drain them with hold E. Once it's on the ground it's vulnerable.

If you see a glowy thing next to the pillar break that to generate a shield ASAP as it precedes a devastating AOE.

If you see a thing over your head you'll need to dash out of the way of 3 quick targeted attacks.

Once it runs out of HP destroy the 3 rocks around it to finish it off. I usually use a big AOE then follow up with a claymore.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Boris Galerkin posted:

Cool thanks. Is it also worth it to spend resin at this point for ascension/talent/weapon stuff, or should I save them for AR45 artifacts?

If you mean fragile resin I saved most of it for the AR45 artifact grind but I wouldn't feel bad about using it whenever you feel like you want something right now. There doesn't seem to be a point to hoarding it since Mihoyo clearly backed down from events that need resin after they got a lot of people complaining about the first few ones.

If you just mean in general, building supports up is very worth it in general at almost any time, but it depends on which support and what you're building. Like, Fischl scales amazingly well with a full DPS build and talent levels on her skill, while Bennett only needs HP, a good weapon and maybe some levels on his burst to be really good. Barbara on the other hand barely scales at all, but Xiangling can take advantage of carry level investment.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

MajorBonnet posted:

Everyone loves clowning on Timmie, but I know I'm not alone in bypassing hilichurls sometimes because they're just vibing. People are weird.

Honest to god, if they would reduce the aggro range of sniper hilichurls I probably would kill a lot less of them. Their melee guys are so chill and just want to vibe out and dance and then their rear end in a top hat archer buddies get their entire village killed

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

malbogio posted:

Break the rock it's on with claymore basic attacks. Level doesn't matter. Zhongli can also drain them with hold E. Once it's on the ground it's vulnerable.

I have a C0 Zhongli at like level 40, is it one of those things like shields where your attack power doesn't matter or would I have to take him to level 80?

I don't have a decent Geo character and this and the current abyss are difficult. As painful as it will be to run that geo boss I think I need to level one up. I have a C6 Ninguang and C6 Noelle around 40 as well. Got a C1 Mona instead of Aldebo, I'm sure I won't regret missing that coin flip!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

TheFluff posted:

Barbara on the other hand barely scales at all, but Xiangling can take advantage of carry level investment.

Yeah I ascended Barbara at 70 because it looked like a pretty big HP increase but it's only going to take her from 32k to 33k from 70-80 and the heal difference is barely noticeable. I guess the attack heal gets better but I think you'd get a lot more mileage out of her investing in talents than levels. Bennet is so much better but I continue to use her because I'm a huge idiot and die a lot and she's probably saved at least one controller from utter destruction. She was my first friendship 10 character.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ganyu is great but it's also the worst thing to happen because she wants 40 loving Qingxin Flowers to ascend to level 80. I don't have Qiqi to radar this poo poo man. :shepicide:

So yeah, good to know I can buy some from Bubu Pharmacy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ganyu is great but it's also the worst thing to happen because she wants 40 loving Qingxin Flowers to ascend to level 80. I don't have Qiqi to radar this poo poo man. :shepicide:

Lol this is me. Flying around to the different mountains to find one fuckin flower blows rear end.

20 more!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Lol this is me. Flying around to the different mountains to find one fuckin flower blows rear end.

20 more!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm lucky that I was just collecting Qingxin flowers just because they were everywhere and not realizing they would actually be neccesary at some point so I've got like 300 or something already. And that was before I found out about this website from this thread.

https://genshin.gg/map

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

20 more!

until recently i wasn't even planning to pull a character that uses them, but would still hit up the Statue at Qingyun Peak where three spawn right next to each other.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

until recently i wasn't even planning to pull a character that uses them, but would still hit up the Statue at Qingyun Peak where three spawn right next to each other.

Yeah I pretty much picked that up every week but those went quick.

When they introduce a character that uses mint I’m fuckin ready.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

YoshiOfYellow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2EIqCrigtc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There are 52 of the drat things on the map?? Ffs lol

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Still haven't tried the event cubes. Not chomping at the bit to fight more cubes, even if they mix it up and have good rewards. Like poo poo, enough cube.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

People have been talking about what exactly Qiqi brings to the table when there are better options for healers but her passive will end up saving me so much time she's worth it on that alone

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Heran Bago posted:

Still haven't tried the event cubes. Not chomping at the bit to fight more cubes, even if they mix it up and have good rewards. Like poo poo, enough cube.

you can get the primogems for basically zero effort by running the easiest difficulty so you should definitely do that at least

the fights are also substantially different from the overworld versions

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Heran Bago posted:

It's the easiest 420 primo gems

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Heran Bago posted:

At least clear them on super easy once for the primo gems. You don’t have to add any modifiers.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Mr Snips posted:

People have been talking about what exactly Qiqi brings to the table when there are better options for healers but her passive will end up saving me so much time she's worth it on that alone
Those people are crazy, Qiqi is the strongest healer in the game by a wide margin.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the problem is that strongest does not mean best. if people had the choice of one 5* healer it should be Jean, but gacha being gacha we make do.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Taratang posted:

Those people are crazy, Qiqi is the strongest healer in the game by a wide margin.

Yeah and I love using her in my overworld team to constantly top everyone off, but having someone who heals and only heals becomes far less useful in the abyss where someone like Jean or Bennett offer something besides their heals.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I have both (Jean to Friendship 10 even, before I was fortunate enough to roll a Qiqi much later) - Qiqi is better in every situation, aside from "filling multiple roles at once for your Abyss B team" and E fall damage shenanigans.

If someone does have Qiqi but not levelled for some reason and therefore missing the experience of face tanking literally any weekly or event boss all the way up to World Level 8 they should give her a try.

edit: she applies constant cryo as well as healing and you can (and should) run Bennett as well!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
VV alone makes Jean a better package deal than Qiqi. Physics damage and hard crowd control from E just seals the deal.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What’s so good about Bennett? I keep seeing posts itt saying he’s awesome but never really explaining to why.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Taratang posted:

I have both (Jean to Friendship 10 even, before I was fortunate enough to roll a Qiqi much later) - Qiqi is better in every situation, aside from "filling multiple roles at once for your Abyss B team" and E fall damage shenanigans.
And generating particles, and VV support potential, and element cleansing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean you could also face tank any world boss with Noelle.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s so good about Bennett? I keep seeing posts itt saying he’s awesome but never really explaining to why.

His ult adds an attack buff for the rest of your team, which is unsurprisingly very useful in the dps check that is the abyss

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is a pyro user which so many things are basically required (Torches, wooden shields, all of dragonspire, etc), super fast skill for battery purposes, burst that gives attack boost to anyone in the field and also heals 5 times faster than any other heal by a mile.

can be built as a carry, but generally considered the best support because he does so many things into one character slot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Taratang posted:

If someone does have Qiqi but not levelled for some reason and therefore missing the experience of face tanking literally any weekly or event boss all the way up to World Level 8 they should give her a try.

edit: she applies constant cryo as well as healing and you can (and should) run Bennett as well!
Qiqi doesn't do damage and doesn't generate particles, two things I find myself interested in quite often. If you want damage and particles, Jean is a better pick.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

I'm in awe of how bad those substats are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Good luck ever finding another one... I did witch 50+ times and never got a crit dmg hat. And ofc I'm swimming in crit dmg hats from every other domain.