Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The big one I have is to ignore the little dudes as much as possible, just use counter dice against their attacks-since they’re ranged you won’t hurt them. If you can’t, block them with cards that are mostly block/evade dice.

During the last phase ignore all of that, you have two turns to kill all of them instead-go all in.

The last thing I can think of is that the Vengeance card is actually really good here since attacking the blobs twice is 16 damage for +3 strength if you want to go that route.

Oh I also recommend dogpiling the mountain on a single attack die and letting it waste its attacks on the blobs, less pressure for you to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

running a Smoke Crew against the mountain works great, because of the 0-cost all defense light gain card. just spam that on the adds while you dps race the boss

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Final abno of Netzach:

Roland you didn't tell anyone about this?????

That was an unexpectedly easy fight. It's a bit, uh, pathetic? that Angela can't help but pine for Ayin after being stuck in her own personal hell for a million years, but I guess it's not her fault she was built to swoon over him.

Starting to think that A guy might be a jerk.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Final abno of Netzach:

Roland you didn't tell anyone about this?????

That was an unexpectedly easy fight. It's a bit, uh, pathetic? that Angela can't help but pine for Ayin after being stuck in her own personal hell for a million years, but I guess it's not her fault she was built to swoon over him.

Starting to think that A guy might be a jerk.

I don't think she was specifically programmed to love him, I'm guessing it's overlap with Carmen's memories + going insane from a million years of time fuckery

also yeah the final fights aren't usually that hard as long as you've learned how to use light regen and page draw in your decks

there's exceptions of course (gebura)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 16, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

LoR simultaneously makes Angela way more and way less sympathetic, since it's 100% understandable why she did what she did but you're also now killing (sometimes) decent and uninvolved people.

tbf she gets less comfortable with it as time goes on

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Yinlock posted:

I don't think she was specifically programmed to love him, I'm guessing it's overlap with Carmen's memories + going insane from a million years of time fuckery

also yeah the final fights aren't usually that hard as long as you've learned how to use light regen and page draw in your decks

Ayin is also her creator who immediately spurned her, I'm pretty sure it's mostly about parental love more than anything; Benjamin trying to console Angela and helping her think that Ayin could accept her didn't help either.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SITB posted:

Ayin is also her creator who immediately spurned her, I'm pretty sure it's mostly about parental love more than anything; Benjamin trying to console Angela and helping her think that Ayin could accept her didn't help either.

Benjamin was a nice guy but was kind of a lovely friend overall

"sure he's building a robot(something he has always fiercely hated) with the shape and memory of his lost loved one while muttering insanely to himself, but i'm just glad he's keeping busy"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

got to Xiao and man, where do I even start with this.

I think I got the gist of it hit inverted scale every other turn but it's still one of those bosses that just outclashes anything you do aaaaaa

guess I need to actually work on my decks for once

e: amazing battle theme though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 16, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SITB posted:

Yinlock posted:

I have no idea exactly what it is, but having boyfriend and daddy issues with the same person must be a hell of a thing.

I appreciate Netzach bringing up the idea that having your innermost thoughts being revealed must be awkward, because it felt sorta strange to me how nobody else did.

Some of these later fights are pretty hard, Hod's final abnormality fight was pretty brutal. Just Netzach's was kinda a pushover.

e: Unless you meant the realizations specifically and not Star of the City fights by 'final fights'.

Yinlock posted:

tbf she gets less comfortable with it as time goes on

Yeah, with the Liu 1.2 she did try (if not very hard) to suggest maybe Lowell sits this one out after talking with Roland.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

I have no idea exactly what it is, but having boyfriend and daddy issues with the same person must be a hell of a thing.

I appreciate Netzach bringing up the idea that having your innermost thoughts being revealed must be awkward, because it felt sorta strange to me how nobody else did.

Some of these later fights are pretty hard, Hod's final abnormality fight was pretty brutal. Just Netzach's was kinda a pushover.

e: Unless you meant the realizations specifically and not Star of the City fights by 'final fights'.

Yeah, with the Liu 1.2 she did try (if not very hard) to suggest maybe Lowell sits this one out after talking with Roland.

yeah I meant realizations, the individual fights can kick your rear end and are meant to be retried a bunch, while the realizations can usually be done in 1-2 tries

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh ok

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

beat Xiao

now to see if I can do it consistently :negative: The entire Liu section is such a pain in the rear end for book farming, especially since the boss needs books from 2 different missions

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Well, I just opened up Architecture and holy gently caress, the white Ordeals are NOT loving around. I really don't think I can actually handle this but the game is VERY strongly implying that I may not and that it's okay to reset but at the same time, I want at least ONE ending. :black101:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Intoluene posted:

Well, I just opened up Architecture and holy gently caress, the white Ordeals are NOT loving around. I really don't think I can actually handle this but the game is VERY strongly implying that I may not and that it's okay to reset but at the same time, I want at least ONE ending. :black101:

Dawn/Noon Ordeal Tip's: all 3 will always spawn, so whichever one spawns at Dawn means the other two will spawn at Noon, make 1-2 death squads of aleph bois and herd everyone else into a single elevator for easier evasion(or if you've been training everyone make them into a roving deathball with midtier stuff since you can shield bullet all of them at once, either way make sure they're all together). Also bumrush the Black Fixer ASAP if he's hanging around your big boy abnos

Dusk: Pale Fixer is actually a chump that a mid-tier gang can waste as long as you use a pale bullet or two, just back off the second he's dead. He will teleport if he doesn't find anyone to attack though(this takes a while however and the timer resets if he runs into a clerk or whatever). more importantly: find that hammer fucker again and murder him before he springs nothing there or something equally horrible

Midnight: stay near him(but out of his way) until he uses the Blue or Green syringe, then rush him with every single person in the facility to hopefully kill him while he's stunned before he throws out his invincible low-hp attack(if you can't do it in one go, knock him to half then back off then repeat). also get the gently caress out of his floor if he's using orange

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 17, 2021

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

Dawn/Noon Ordeal Tip's: all 3 will always spawn, so whichever one spawns at Dawn means the other two will spawn at Noon, make 1-2 death squads of aleph bois and herd everyone else into a single elevator for easier evasion(or if you've been training everyone make them into a roving deathball with midtier stuff since you can shield bullet all of them at once, either way make sure they're all together). Also bumrush the Black Fixer ASAP if he's hanging around your big boy abnos

Dusk: Pale Fixer is actually a chump that a mid-tier gang can waste as long as you use a pale bullet or two, just back off the second he's dead. He will teleport if he doesn't find anyone to attack though(this takes a while however and the timer resets if he runs into a clerk or whatever). more importantly: find that hammer fucker again and murder him before he springs nothing there or something equally horrible

Midnight: stay near him(but out of his way) until he uses the Blue or Green syringe, then rush him with every single person in the facility to hopefully kill him while he's stunned before he throws out his invincible low-hp attack(if you can't do it in one go, knock him to half then back off then repeat). also get the gently caress out of his floor if he's using orange

Can I just leave Red and White to do their thing while I take care of Black and Pale or do they cause some other badness if left alone?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
iirc, red just attack people and white does the same thing.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

iirc, red just attack people and white does the same thing.

If I'm making two deathballs, shouldn't be an issue. Except for clerks. Who don't count.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

white occasionally blasts white smoke across the map, keep an eye out for it

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beat Star of the City 2.2 on the first try.

Binah's unique debuff was good, but uh... Her roll values don't seem THAT impressive? I guess they're all ranged. Not significantly better than anyone else, though.

also lol that binah won't help out with the first abnormality even after I unlocked her :x

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I used a lot of that floor, with the Red Mist + Myo combo to help with her outrageously light-hungry deck, but I think you're right. At least Binah isn't replacing your best key page, she's replacing your fifth best. I think she keeps up well until SOTC row 3, but Degraded Lock is a lot less impressive when the game keeps throwing "actually, this enemy ignores the Light mechanic entirely" at you, and she can't reliably spam Degraded Shockwave. She'd be a lot better if the birds had more good abnormality cards but...eh.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I'm on the Star of the City row 3 fights and christ I don't even know which one I should throw myself against first

It seems like R Corp is probably the easiest? and getting the exclusive cards would be nice for me, since I use myo and maxim a fair amount

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Release order was R Corp 2, purple tear, Xiao so you could always go with that if you want.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Welp, I got Ending A because White Midnight had an attack that crippled me, ready for day 47 to be a complete shitshow.. I think that's not a bad way to conclude my first run.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Beat Star of the City 2.2 on the first try.

Binah's unique debuff was good, but uh... Her roll values don't seem THAT impressive? I guess they're all ranged. Not significantly better than anyone else, though.

also lol that binah won't help out with the first abnormality even after I unlocked her :x

Fairy is absurdly good and will shred bosses, her rolls aren't insane or anything but give her a damage boost or two and she'll outclash most things(and Degraded Pillar has a block dice on the end so if she fails the clash she'll take less damage anyway), and she can seal speed dice & is almost invulnerable to slash attacks. Being all-ranged without having to futz with ammo or expiring pages is also great. Binah is really good. The only fart in her deck is Lock which is supposed to shut down mass attack pages but most bosses have that "everything costs 0 lol" passive so welp

Varinn posted:

I'm on the Star of the City row 3 fights and christ I don't even know which one I should throw myself against first

It seems like R Corp is probably the easiest? and getting the exclusive cards would be nice for me, since I use myo and maxim a fair amount

R corp isn't too tough, just get the Gebura train going and choo choo all over them(you might have to let someone else take a round though because it is a 4 fight endurance match

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 18, 2021

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Realization Judgement Bird is a huge butt, mess up one clash and like half your team dies :(

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Realization Judgement Bird is a huge butt, mess up one clash and like half your team dies :(

Just unga it.

He has normal resistance to pierce and only 100 stagger, you can easily one turn stagger him if you focus attack him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SITB posted:

Just unga it.

He has normal resistance to pierce and only 100 stagger, you can easily one turn stagger him if you focus attack him.

His resistance to everything else is why I was iffy on trying it but it looks like that's the play

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

Fairy is absurdly good and will shred bosses, her rolls aren't insane or anything but give her a damage boost or two and she'll outclash most things(and Degraded Pillar has a block dice on the end so if she fails the clash she'll take less damage anyway), and she can seal speed dice & is almost invulnerable to slash attacks. Being all-ranged without having to futz with ammo or expiring pages is also great. Binah is really good. The only fart in her deck is Lock which is supposed to shut down mass attack pages but most bosses have that "everything costs 0 lol" passive so welp

R corp isn't too tough, just get the Gebura train going and choo choo all over them(you might have to let someone else take a round though because it is a 4 fight endurance match

Shockwave seems pretty meh too. Only used it like twice but I haven't actually had it land more than 2-3 hits over 5 people so far. :v:

Moreso I'm iffy on how her cards are like all 1 or 2 hits so she can't defend herself too well, on top of not having any evade or counter dice.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting a reception similar to one of the SotC ones where we try our hands at getting the book of The Arbiter as she was when she wiped us out, giving Binah a new keypage.

Yinlock posted:

This is what I ended up doing, yeah. Turns out the secret, as always, is Netzach's floor. Love that guy.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Shockwave seems pretty meh too. Only used it like twice but I haven't actually had it land more than 2-3 hits over 5 people so far. :v:

Moreso I'm iffy on how her cards are like all 1 or 2 hits so she can't defend herself too well, on top of not having any evade or counter dice.

all her attacks being ranged(and one of her abno pages being "can clash with whoever") makes that easy to work around though. and yeah while shockwave kinda sucks it has 2 applications: it's Individual(meaning it's going to eat a page from every enemy) and it boosts everyone's defense a bit, it's a decent panic button.

beat the realization, it came down to the wire but I had enough burst for the final stretch thanks to one of my dudes running the almighty clone/rapid gashes meme deck

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Binah realization is low-key a showcase of why Identify Weakpoint is a good card.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SITB posted:

Binah realization is low-key a showcase of why Identify Weakpoint is a good card.

i don't even remember that card, at all

if it's not unga bunga big numbers i tend to look over it

e: oh whoops i remember now, completely brainfarted it

it's p. useful yeah

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 19, 2021

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Day 47 was awful and I hope to never do it again.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Day 47 was awful and I hope to never do it again.

good news: it's smooth sailing from here!

for a single day

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

You’re almost there! You can do it!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I alllmost beat the Liu Section 1 reception on the first shot but accidentally skipped a turn god damnit :negative:

I feel bad for Xiao, she seems generally decent. We're the baddies. :(

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Day 49 grumblings:

90% of the time, the Arbiter flat out ignores me clearing coloured meltdowns and continues to slaughter its way through the base while having 0.1 resists to all.
Binah's actual suppression went off without a hitch (first attempt, no deaths), so I can't figure out whether I'm doing something wrong this time, or whether the game is being glitchy.

It is starting to get rather tedious to replay the first three segments of the day on 1.0 speed only for things to go south in seconds, without any information why that happened.

Still preferable to Day 47's migraine inducing fuckery, though.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Clearing all the relevant meltdowns should change the resists back, not sure why it wouldn’t be happening unless one is getting missed for some reason.

Also: if she goes down to architecture you can bunny her-she never spawns colored ones there.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Oh, never mind, the magic of complaining on the Internet did the trick.

Cleared it with only 7 deaths this time (for an AI playing a video game, I'm not very good at killing people).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The final part of tiphereth's last fight is tremendously bad.