Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Ya Got?
This poll is closed.
Buccaneers - Bills 35 21.88%
Chiefs - Packers 43 26.88%
Packers - Bills 72 45.00%
Buccaneers - Chiefs 10 6.25%
Total: 160 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
It still feels so weird that Buffalo has a NFL team, a good NFL team, and doesnt spend like a small market team.

You guys ever been to Buffalo? Its a nothing city. Feels so crazy we are going to the conference championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't know if I'm 100% accurate but I believe KC - Memphis BBQ use more spices in their rubs and BBQs which I much prefer since it is tastier to the Texas style BBQ which is more simple with salt and pepper and I prefer that over Carolina BBQ which seems to be more vinegar based or slop based.

One thing a lot of places I think miss the point when it comes to BBQ is that if you cook with the sauce on, it caramelizes which is a better result than just putting the sauce on the side as an accompiament and not cooked on the meat.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

coronavirus posted:

It still feels so weird that Buffalo has a NFL team, a good NFL team, and doesnt spend like a small market team.

You guys ever been to Buffalo? Its a nothing city. Feels so crazy we are going to the conference championship

I will fight you!!!!!!!

It was a much bigger city when the Bills & Sabres were established. The population of Erie County has increased since then but the population of the City of Buffalo has dwindled from ~600k in 1970 to ~250k now. Real Estate in the City* is hot right now, though, and there’s been a lot of public money invested in infrastructure so who knows what’s going to happen. The UB Medical Campus has been expanding rapidly but that’s about it.

*East Side is not included in the investment or improvement.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

well, that's why suburbs should be made illegal

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I remember finding out at some point that either Mississippi or Alabama makes a Mayo based barbecue. I'm so scandalised by the very idea that I refused to figure out which one it was.

Also the 1st barbecue comes from Taino cultures which I am pretty sure aren't from Kansas City.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's Ohio

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
The only thing I know about buffalo is it has a gigantic, cool looking city hall that has become the new white house in the HBO series Avenue 5. You could probably fit 10 of Green Bay's city halls inside.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

The only thing I know about buffalo is it has a gigantic, cool looking city hall that has become new white house in the HBO series Avenue 5. You could probably fit 10 of Green Bay's city halls inside.

The only thing I've seen anywhere close to recently about Buffalo besides sports is when they pushed that old man over.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I will fight you!!!!!!!

It was a much bigger city when the Bills & Sabres were established. The population of Erie County has increased since then but the population of the City of Buffalo has dwindled from ~600k in 1970 to ~250k now. Real Estate in the City* is hot right now, though, and there’s been a lot of public money invested in infrastructure so who knows what’s going to happen. The UB Medical Campus has been expanding rapidly but that’s about it.

*East Side is not included in the investment or improvement.

Reminder that War Memorial Stadium, where the Bills originally played, was on the East Side in the middle of a residential neighborhood

After that was torn down and the Central Terminal stopped being used for trains, there has been...nothing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
When do they usually reveal season schedules?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
War Memorial Stadium is also where the Chiefs defeated the Bills to advance to the first Super Bowl in 1967...just saw that

Bills and Chiefs have a lot of history

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gatts posted:

There's usually a whole thing surrounding it in late April or early May

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gatts posted:

For next season? It was usually around mid-April a week or two before the draft, although last year they tried to turn it into a primetime TV reveal show in early-May, which will probably be what they do again this year because anything NFL gets ratings.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyone but packers

:hmmyes:
The choice of the Packers or another Brady ring guarantees I'm rooting for the AFC.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

So evidently Mahomes had a “tweaked nerve” and not a concussion at all. Why how dare us think he cou...I mean...I never!

https://apple.news/A3R_QpYy_Sz-_lFzwVXAreA

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
A good wing is pretty high on the list of good food, but there's no way I'd ever prefer them to pulled pork or proper brisket or ribs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mahomes brain bounced around his skull like a pinball but gently caress it send him out

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/1351258074934374405

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a guy laying down in like a river bifurcation that petered out. just some shallow water. people thought he was dead but he was just asleep. the reason I bring this up is i Think that happened in Buffalo or on the tv somewhere else. Football is all about getting rid of the ball quick

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Buffalo is like 3 hours away from me. I should take a weekend trip there and eat nothing but wings for 3 days all day.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

BBQ is perhaps the best food 1 vs 1 but after a hearty meal I’m done with it for a few weeks whereas I can eat wings every day, Bills will win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1351353579228041221?s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well they released the dude who's been a healthy scratch for 5 weeks. Sounds like the offense is fixed.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

ingram is toast, right?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doctor Teeth posted:

ingram is toast, right?

Yeah, and also now my odds on favorite for yearly KC vet minimum RB signing next year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Ingram is gonna be a 32 year old running back at a position that mostly is toast at age 28.

Considering what he can probably give you, you'd probably rather have a random warm body late in the draft, because those guys will at least play special teams.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What reason am I missing here to cut all these guys now?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I'd take him back on the Saints, but I wouldn't see that happening with Murray still there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

What reason am I missing here to cut all these guys now?

I don't know if this is their idea or not, but it seems like if you're gonna get cut you might as well get cut as soon as they decide so your agent can start working the phones.

Like, it might be because they're trying to be nice?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm sure it's better for the player to know sooner rather than later (even on a personal, life-planning level) but two days after elimination must feel like a bit of a kick in the balls. Like, how long have you been champing at the bit to get rid of a guy?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's been on the inactive list for weeks and saves Baltimore 5 million with the cut. Everyone knew this was coming, it does nothing for the man to pretend otherwise.

Silly Burrito posted:

I'd take him back on the Saints, but I wouldn't see that happening with Murray still there.

You really really wouldn't. After his injury late last year he's been totally done. RB is one position where veteran savy can't cover up age for poo poo. Ingram has played his last down in the NFL.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 19, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Spoeank posted:

I'll bring up the thing that I bring up every time someone talks about hating an insurance company ad: it's just to put the company in your brain! That's all that matters! You can't market insurance in a useful way except "saves money" so insurance companies do whatever they can to get into your brain by other means. That's why all the insurance commercials are lovely and stupid! It gets people to go "wow this State Farm commercial is stupid!"

Next you’ll tell me hooters girls are faking their interest!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Amy Pole Her posted:

Next you’ll tell me hooters girls are faking their interest!

Hooters still exists?!?

I could’ve sworn they got dashed against the gimmick restaurant rocks by Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

coronavirus posted:

That's kind of nuts. I always assumed it was roughly the same size as Cleveland, but it's half the population.

Also unrelated, but I think the "tweaked nerve" is bullshit between KC and/or the NFL trying to figure out how they can get around concussion protocol without making it obvious they are just ignoring it because they want him in the AFCCG.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Do people actually think that concussion protocol just stops happening if the team tries to say it was something else? It started the minute Mahomes came off the field and it isn't stopping until he clears it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if this is their idea or not, but it seems like if you're gonna get cut you might as well get cut as soon as they decide so your agent can start working the phones.

Like, it might be because they're trying to be nice?

Ravens usually release guys as early as possible so they can catch on somewhere else if they can. It's one of the reasons players regard them as one of the better run teams in the nfl. And that sort of thing pays forward to free agents. And then they keep ending up in the playoffs. Wizardry.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 19, 2021

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Gonz posted:

Hooters still exists?!?

I could’ve sworn they got dashed against the gimmick restaurant rocks by Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks.

despite the shared gimmick i don't think hooters is really in competition with those places

the others are trying to be Sitdown Restaurants for Horny Dudes, hooters is a Fast Greasy Wing Place for Horny Dudes

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

KC is at best #2 in BBQ.

Curiously, who is #1?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Curiously, who is #1?

Brooklyn obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

Do people actually think that concussion protocol just stops happening if the team tries to say it was something else? It started the minute Mahomes came off the field and it isn't stopping until he clears it.

Yes. Money runs the NFL. There’s not a chance in hell Mahomes doesn’t magically clear protocol by next weekend.