Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

just make sure your friends are really short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Hello, I am really short. I bet I fit on one of those bunks, so if someone wants to go halfsies or thirdsies on one of these sure to be super expensive rooms, holla at ya girl.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Hello, I am really short. I bet I fit on one of those bunks, so if someone wants to go halfsies or thirdsies on one of these sure to be super expensive rooms, holla at ya girl.

In 2019 I went quarters on a ft wilderness cabin with 2 goons and a goon-adjacent person and it was probably the best time I've ever had, so I strongly recommend this.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wrong thread.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheMuppets/status/1349763273311326208?s=19

I'm thinking it might be a parks thing. Wonder what it is

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hall of presidents with muppets is the rumor

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

just put The Muppet Show on Disney+ you fucks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Boxman posted:

just put The Muppet Show on Disney+ you fucks.

I don't think they own it.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Fluffy Bunnies on 01/09/2021 posted:

I mean they could just move Great Moments in History with the Muppets into Hall of Presidents. They could. Animatronic Kermit can't be that hard to make.

I say this as someone who really loves Hall of Presidents.

No, I don't know what's wrong with me, either.

:dance:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah The Muppet Show is a licensing nightmare.

I'm not sure about replacing the Hall of Presidents. I always figured that was one of those things they'd never gently caress with because of Walt.

I don't really know what to do about the Muppets. The Muppets (2011 movie) was only good because it leaned really hard into nostalgia. Muppets Most Wanted, The Muppets (2015 series) and Muppets Now all kinda sucked. If they are to develop some new project, I don't know how to do it. Without Henson or any of the original writers like Jerry Juhl, I don' think they have any more of that magic.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 19, 2021

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I thought the muppets abc show was good :(

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tatsuta Age posted:

:same:

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Muppets (2011 movie) was only good because it leaned really hard into nostalgia.

Yeah but the soundtrack totally slaps

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Most Wanted wasn't great, but it does have this, which I really, really like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XiQm2ATaJI

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Find me someone in the hall of presidents that isn't a muppet, I dare you.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Hall of Muppets, narrated by ex-President Donald Trump.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Coasterphreak posted:

Find me someone in the hall of presidents that isn't a muppet, I dare you.

They could always keep the presidents AND add muppets, a la:

https://youtu.be/cRTjksM3YAs

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

They really need to go all in and have it be The Muppets Present: Great Moments in History But Mostly A Hamilton Sing-a-Long

If you don't want to see Miss Piggy singing Helpless, then like, idk what to tell you.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Braksgirl posted:

Noted for the future! I was thinking of trying to catch the next fan-run Life Day celebration that I saw pictures of back in November, but if vaccinations don't speed up, I may hold off for another year.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tatsuta Age posted:

They made Miss Piggy twerk. It sucked.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

They really need to go all in and have it be The Muppets Present: Great Moments in History But Mostly A Hamilton Sing-a-Long

If you don't want to see Miss Piggy singing Helpless, then like, idk what to tell you.

I think you can do a Hamilton Sing-a-Long but maybe make it a video because that show's popularity will eventually drop off and WDW takes forever to update anything.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I suppose if you wanted people to NOT check out an attraction, a Hamilton sing a long would be the best way to do it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I don't think they own it.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah The Muppet Show is a licensing nightmare.

Oh poo poo I had no idea. Who else has the rights tied up?

EDIT NEVER MIND THEY SORTED IT :kermityaaaaaay:

https://twitter.com/disney/status/1351529849253462017?s=21

Boxman fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 19, 2021

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I'm so glad we did that 3yr deal before Disney+ launched

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Well gently caress me sideways. I wonder if any musical performances will be edited out like with SNL due to rights issues.

I also wonder what kids will think of this since they'll have no idea who any of the guests are except for a handful of them.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 19, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Haha. The Disney parks fans are pissed.

Cool on the show news.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Zero One posted:

Haha. The Disney parks fans are pissed.

Cool on the show news.

I'm just sad I don't get a cool HoP muppet thing. I actually really loved Great Moments in History and I'd stop on a dime to watch it :smith:

But yeah, that's awesome. As far as I knew, it was the musical acts holding it up. So I dunno, but I'm really excited.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, Great Moments In History deserves better than a "oh I saw this cute show while walking by to my haunted mansion fastpass".
Give me 5 or 6 random rotating shows to give it some re-rideability and a proper stage or auditorium.

Also, gently caress yeah with the show on Disney+, like alg said, that 3year deal we signed up for is paying dividends

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Agreed, Great Moments in History was fantastic and I really wish they could incorporate it into the Hall of Presidents to make both better.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I actually really liked Great Moments where it was. The location helped it feel a little more free-wheeling, which is a great tone to set with the Muppets. It was cool to be able to talk with JJ before shows started - we have a great photo with him from our last visit. I also like getting things out in the open. "I was walking to my Mansion FP and this person just starts hear ye'ing then the Muppets popped out of this random building" is a very **~~magical~~** way to experience something, imho.

That being said, the setting definitely limited storytelling possibilities, rain outs were a bummer, and I don't remember if watchers ever interfered with crowd flow (I'm sure it would have during busier times). At minimum, there could've been a lot more shows.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I would not be surprised to still see a Muppets thing happen at the parks. Adding the show to D+ is probably the beginning of a larger Muppets plan than just adding another thing to the service.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfT1yShuspo
Excited to see this in action

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 19, 2021

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I have the muppets seasons that were released on DVD (only 1-3 due to rights issues) and they are a bit rough, especially in the earlier seasons. I only sometimes know who the guests are, which I think affects it. My young kids don't care for them. They loved muppet babies on dis jr though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Go hard. Mad Max x Muppets crossover time.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/blog_mickey/status/1351901665138507777?s=21

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

I love that we didn't say poo poo about closing the Hall until we actually closed it. Working there, we found out officially last week lol.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I always just assume it's a given that every new president will be followed by a closed HoP unless they are shutting it down for good

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Man, with all the poo poo talking lately, I feel I have to share my experience. My wife and I were at MK last week for our anniversary. It was so dead (we walked onto pirates, splash mtn, and thunder mtn) that i said to her "do you want to go to Hall of Presidents? Its terrible."

After not having gone to it in probably 15 years, I actually loved it. Now that Trump isn't president, we can replace the part with his speech and it'll be very cool. I can get why people who go to disney often would not bother, but as someone who goes less than once per presidency, I thought it was really cool.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The American Adventure is way cooler :colbert:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gejimayu posted:

Man, with all the poo poo talking lately, I feel I have to share my experience. My wife and I were at MK last week for our anniversary. It was so dead (we walked onto pirates, splash mtn, and thunder mtn) that i said to her "do you want to go to Hall of Presidents? Its terrible."

After not having gone to it in probably 15 years, I actually loved it. Now that Trump isn't president, we can replace the part with his speech and it'll be very cool. I can get why people who go to disney often would not bother, but as someone who goes less than once per presidency, I thought it was really cool.

We became passholders in 2017 and unfortunately I had zero desire to go on it because, well, Trump. Next time I hope to go :unsmith:

I like to imagine that whoever at Disney wrote his speech and made him say "Our best days are still ahead of us" did it as a subtle troll that he was too dim to understand or care about.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I still think HOP was better with a curtain behind the presidents, but if they had to go to a big 4K projected background like they did, they should have had a pop-up video style thing where little embedded Trump tweets appear above him and the rest of the presidents react in silent horror.

Big bonus points if JFK sees them and starts drinking.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gejimayu posted:

I like going into the Hall of Presidents! I've only ever seen Obama and Trump's speeches, but still. Pretty sure the last time we went people were cheering when Trump spoke. I still swear that it's a Hillary robot with a Trump wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I still swear that it's a Hillary robot with a Trump wig.

This remains one of my favorite Disney conspiracy theories.