Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/nytdavidbrooks/status/1146091980327391233?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

is this a joke against wokeness or wat

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Probably but who knows with that dotard

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Antonymous posted:

is this a joke against wokeness or wat

It's David Brooks so it's probably in response to the Nike sweatshop controversy of the late 90s and he decided to go with it anyway

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

In the third season of Man in the High Castle there was a communist group in the Japanese occupied territory. The main woman communist was looking forward to living in a house after the occupation ended and her husband told her that they were communists and couldn't own property.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
which house

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cenotaph posted:

In the third season of Man in the High Castle there was a communist group in the Japanese occupied territory. The main woman communist was looking forward to living in a house after the occupation ended and her husband told her that they were communists and couldn't own property.

lmao

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Heh, communism owned by history yet again

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

btw in 2016:

quote:

“The Obama administration turned a deaf ear to us and frankly, with President-elect Trump, we feel things are going to move in the right direction,” Matthew LeBretton, New Balance’s vice president of public affairs, told the Wall Street Journal.

In a post written over the weekend, neo-Nazi blogger Andrew Anglin declared New Balance the “Official Shoes of White People.”

“I’m a Nike guy. Or rather, I was,” Anglin wrote on his popular website the Daily Stormer, which promotes an anti-Semitic, white supremacist agenda. “It’s time to get on-board with New Balance now. Their brave act has just made them the official brand of the Trump Revolution.”

He tells his readers New Balance is now their “uniform” and claims they should view the company’s statement on Trump — taken out of context — as “a gesture to support White people and to support US manufacturing.” He also wrote that he believed it was all a marketing scheme to gain customers who voted for Trump.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

christmas boots posted:

that one billionaire who ran during the primary just so he could hang out with Bernie

I think there were several and also that's a weird way to describe surveillance by whoever planted them

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

El_Elegante posted:

which house

A hypothetical house with a garden.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Hipster Coffee Shop

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

the book itself is good, you may have gathered that it's about a woman surviving in a repressed, ultrareligious populist society where fertility is a dire issue so her uterus is state property and she gets loaned out for sex and procreation to rich government people

the first season of the tv adaptation is good too, but after that (which is where the book ends) it rapidly starts turning Sorkinesque, with said disenfranchised women subverting the government and sowing the seeds of rebellion in increasingly preposterous scenarios

what's succ is wearing the costumes to protest

never seen any sorkin works (thank god) so i can't speak to that critique, but my main issue with the later seasons were each episode being a new high stakes escape situation for the main character. it worked fine as a single season, where there was a ton of suspense since the characters live in a state of omnipresent surveillance and extreme punishment for any actions out of line, but then it kinda settles into: character does something big/illegal, character gets caught, character gets "last chance" again and again. just seems like they kept upping the action and "high stakes"-ness to the point where it stopped being semi-realistic and turned into an action movie

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Verritt codes

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

surprised this is still up lol

https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1095049710153408513

additional lols that she deleted her response

lol she just gets owned every single day by the simple act of existing that's awesome lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Andrew Gillum's hotel party

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Clint Eastwood debating a chair

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1070118915139923968

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm gonna miss him

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Andrew Gillum's hotel party

this thread is "funny politics poo poo" not "awesome politics poo poo that further the notion he should have been my governor instead of wet, swollen desantis"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Ok, Boomer" seriously hurt old peoples' feelings for like two weeks in February of last year.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Animal-Mother posted:

"Ok, Boomer" seriously hurt old peoples' feelings for like two weeks in February of last year.

I remember some goon got a visit from HR for calling Covid "boomer flu" at work.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I remember some goon got a visit from HR for calling Covid "boomer flu" at work.

in like February it was being called "boomer remover"

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Trump election fraud tip line where staffers would sit around for an 8-hour shift and maybe get one or two calls that weren't pranks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_v._Frederick

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

bong hits 4 Jesus gently caress yes

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
cdesign proponentsists

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
wrongly decided. that case made me call myself a first amendment diehard right up until the moment racists started calling themselves that.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

2nd Amendment solutions

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

im a third amendment activist down to my bones. get out of my apartment, you pieces of filth

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

when the pope visted the US he made a special detour to see her

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Eat This Glob posted:

im a third amendment activist down to my bones. get out of my apartment, you pieces of filth

shame they ruled that it only applies to the feds and not cops

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

bedpan posted:

when the pope visted the US he made a special detour to see her
eh

yall know the name posted:

Two days later, the Holy See Press Office issued a statement saying that "the Pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects". According to Vatican spokesman Father Thomas Rosica, the Pope met with several dozen other people, and rosaries were also given to others in attendance; Davis was not invited by the Pope to the Nunciature, and "the meeting may have been manipulated by her and her lawyer". The only audience given by the Pope while in Washington was with a former student of his, an openly gay Argentine named Yayo Grassi, and Grassi's same-sex partner of 19 years.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

backpedaling

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/SleazyHippo/status/1351666448100425729?s=20

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

lol this reminds me of a cnn anchor I think quoting cohen when Trump bombed Syria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
that would be disgraced journalist brian williams