Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I've got Ning as my main carry on an account and it's incredibly fun and strong, especially when using eye of deception as well for maximum projectile chaos. The only issues I have are 1) lawachurl bounties suck and 2) she's so self-sufficient and geo does so little with other elements that making a ning team is never all that interesting. Like 90% of time in any fight is just spent with her out going pew pew. Especially in domains with slimes it's super relaxing to just facetank them with all the crystals that pop out.

Oh, and fire abyss mages are kind of irritating I guess since their nonsense goes through her screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

I'm one of those weirdo's who doesn't do abyss. I cleared up to floor 9 but found the whole thing so unfun I just refuse to do it.

I'm too old for unfun poo poo in my video games.

this.

I did a coop of the geo domain with a Keqing, Diluc, Qiqi, and me as Childe. Holy lol was that fun/easy

I think I literally heard the Ruin Hunter blurt out "bullshit".

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Re: Ganyu chat- I'm running Amos B, Blizzard Strayer and Cryo resonance as a way to have 60%+ Crit rate/150%+ Crit damage while having ATK and Cryo% on all my gear and it's working great.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have the absolutely hilarious crit stat balance of 15% crit rate/225% crit dmg before resonance/artifact effects. Crits are absolutely wild.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i had such an incredible amount of 5 star wanderer gear that i didnt want to use on anyone else so i had a pretty easy time putting together a 4 piece for ganyu that all rolled crit 3-4 times. getting the 50k aimed shots is pretty satisfying.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

BexGu posted:

I actually just got Xingqiu and have that team, how did you gear them?

Diluc is DPS so full Witch set and Serpent Spine. He used to have Prototype Archaic but his witch set isn't amazing so I needed the crit and switched to Serpent Spine. Focus on pyro and crits.
Ganyu is sub DPS/support. 2 pc glad, 2 pc blizzard. Work in progress, but I have Blackcliff on her and it seems good. Cryo and crits.
Xingqiu has 2 pc hydro set, 2 pc noblesse and favonius sword because I never managed to get a sacrificial. Hydro and crits.
Albedo has the harbringer/defense build. So harbringer of dawn, 2 pc petra 2 pc defender's will. All in for def and crit stats.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'd recommend not trying to complete sets on Albedo and just giving him your god def pieces. Sure if you have great defender's will flower+feather it's worth it (and keep good ones you find while farming) but you're more likely to have something amazing for him in random off sets.

Petra+Defender is no doubt his best set combo but you find such crazy pieces for him. You'll want to do the math for your albedo but Def helmet generally performs substantially better than crit helm for his E (but makes his Q worse).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 19, 2021

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Great, the second 5* weapon I ever get is the same type as my first (sword). This might be worse than a constellation on a character from the standard banner.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I would kill for a 5* weapon at this point. I just want something wacky to build around.

Anyways you put Favonia on DPS Kaeya and Skyward Blade on DPS Bennett, ez pz.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

I've got Ning as my main carry on an account and it's incredibly fun and strong, especially when using eye of deception as well for maximum projectile chaos. The only issues I have are 1) lawachurl bounties suck and 2) she's so self-sufficient and geo does so little with other elements that making a ning team is never all that interesting. Like 90% of time in any fight is just spent with her out going pew pew. Especially in domains with slimes it's super relaxing to just facetank them with all the crystals that pop out.

Oh, and fire abyss mages are kind of irritating I guess since their nonsense goes through her screen.

Ning doesn’t need much for teams but I love the shower of explosions and particles that is Ning/Fischl/Benny/Albedo. It just looks and feels so good and they generate so much energy.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
My 5 star weapon was aquila favonia. And that was right after I pulled keqing too. But theyre both just collecting dust. Already had a maxed razor and klee and just pulled ganyu so dont see myself using aquila anytime soon. Maybe on bennett to increase his burst damage buff a bit. Guess I could try to fit keqing in somewhere but :effort:

Woulda killed for a 5 star catalyst. Then my klee would be nuts.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

I would kill for a 5* weapon at this point. I just want something wacky to build around.

Yeah, I have kind of reached a point where I feel this too, though I pulled on the weapon banner this time and lucked out with the 5 star I wanted. Other than new four stars, or more constellations on Klee, I kind of find the weapon banner more appealing right now. I have 8-10 chars I want to build out and max. I guess if there is legit power creep then I might be enticed. Ganyu seems really great, but I just don't have a big interest in using a bow on my controller.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

You'll want to do the math for your albedo but Def helmet generally performs substantially better than crit helm for his E (but makes his Q worse).

Oh poo poo, really? I got an on-set crit rate +16 on him, that's interesting. Definitely running those numbers

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, I have kind of reached a point where I feel this too, though I pulled on the weapon banner this time and lucked out with the 5 star I wanted. Other than new four stars, or more constellations on Klee, I kind of find the weapon banner more appealing right now. I have 8-10 chars I want to build out and max. I guess if there is legit power creep then I might be enticed. Ganyu seems really great, but I just don't have a big interest in using a bow on my controller.
I don't want to choose a weapon. I'd just feel like I was paying for power. I want a random one!

zgrowler2 posted:

Oh poo poo, really? I got an on-set crit rate +16 on him, that's interesting. Definitely running those numbers
It'll depend on your substats. I have an abnormal amount of crit rate so with Harbinger I'm at 70%. These are my stats with a +16 def hat without harbinger buff being counted:

Lets assume I have a more reasonable crit rate of 55% with harbinger. My current stats with +16 def helm are:
761 * 2.43 * ( 1 + .55 * 1.331 ) = 3202

With +16 crit helm instead with identical substats:
761 * 1.97 * ( 1 + .81 * 1.331 ) = 3115

Actually, crit helm is looking better because it also affects the ult. Guess I need to rethink this.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 19, 2021

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

My 5 star weapon was aquila favonia. And that was right after I pulled keqing too. But theyre both just collecting dust. Already had a maxed razor and klee and just pulled ganyu so dont see myself using aquila anytime soon. Maybe on bennett to increase his burst damage buff a bit. Guess I could try to fit keqing in somewhere but :effort:

Woulda killed for a 5 star catalyst. Then my klee would be nuts.

Okay this just isn't fair

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want Skyward Blade, but fully expect my standard pities to keep hitting refines of stuff i already have, like the WG from 1.2 ascension fates

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

Ning doesn’t need much for teams but I love the shower of explosions and particles that is Ning/Fischl/Benny/Albedo. It just looks and feels so good and they generate so much energy.

I tried really hard on that account to get Albedo but instead ended up with C1 Mona, which, bleh. Too much effort.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

It'll depend on your substats. I have an abnormal amount of crit rate so with Harbinger I'm at 70%. These are my stats with a +16 def hat without harbinger buff being counted:

Lets assume I have a more reasonable crit rate of 55% with harbinger. My current stats with +16 def helm are:
761 * 2.43 * ( 1 + .55 * 1.331 ) = 3202

With +16 crit helm instead with identical substats:
761 * 1.97 * ( 1 + .81 * 1.331 ) = 3115

Actually, crit helm is looking better because it also affects the ult. Guess I need to rethink this.

Charted em out, my substats are junk. Some DEF and Crit DMG here and there but my crit rate without a crit rate hat is 10ish%, 37% with one. Guess I'll keep it on for the time being. Thanks for the tips!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This piece went so horribly it wrapped back around to being interesting:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The reason Ganyu is so F2P friendly is that she can do a lot of damage without worrying about substat rolls. With Cryo resonance and a Blizzard set, she'll naturally get up to 80% crit chance against frozen enemies without any crit chance on her gear otherwise. This means you only really need to focus on getting two substat rolls (atk% and crit damage) instead of three. But even then, against enemies with weakspots you don't even need the crit% that the Blizzard set provides.

Her damage ceiling relies on melt though, which contradicts the Blizzard set, so Wanderer's ends up being the better choice for that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I dropped Bennett because I found it really hard to stay in his field. So that's something to keep in mind.

jean was my first unit, diona was my first good archer unit, and my dps is klee. i'm blanket trained to staying in the field

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Fur20 posted:

jean was my first unit, diona was my first good archer unit, and my dps is klee. i'm blanket trained to staying in the field

I try to perch Klee on the front edge of the field against melee units so that when I inevitably miss a chargeshot and get knocked back by an enemy attack they have me landing in the back of the field and I can dash up to recover. It'd be way harder if I was relying on melee range. Mobile controls are awfully clunky

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hyper Inferno posted:

The reason Ganyu is so F2P friendly is that she can do a lot of damage without worrying about substat rolls. With Cryo resonance and a Blizzard set, she'll naturally get up to 80% crit chance against frozen enemies without any crit chance on her gear otherwise. This means you only really need to focus on getting two substat rolls (atk% and crit damage) instead of three. But even then, against enemies with weakspots you don't even need the crit% that the Blizzard set provides.

Her damage ceiling relies on melt though, which contradicts the Blizzard set, so Wanderer's ends up being the better choice for that.
I'm not really convinced by melt for general use cases. It's better for when you're trying to clear floors in under 3 minutes, which I guess is what the abyss eventually comes down to. But for general use cases it seems like you really want to be able to spam her Q.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Fur20 posted:

It's not "optimal" whatsoever, but it's definitely some silly fun running Jean/Bennett/Diona/whomever and creating a triple ult hell circle.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/142150

1.3 patch notes

Bug fix for Fischl ,BP changes to give fragile resin, events won't require resin if it isn't a dungeon or a ley line,controller support for iOS, material conversion thingy coming up, and most importantly you can hold down the button when adding weapon EXP

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

zgrowler2 posted:

I try to perch Klee on the front edge of the field against melee units so that when I inevitably miss a chargeshot and get knocked back by an enemy attack they have me landing in the back of the field and I can dash up to recover. It'd be way harder if I was relying on melee range. Mobile controls are awfully clunky

I do the opposite so when I'm smacking fools back with the fires of hell I can run forward and still be in the field when I smack them again.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

No Wave posted:

I'm not really convinced by melt for general use cases. It's better for when you're trying to clear floors in under 3 minutes, which I guess is what the abyss eventually comes down to. But for general use cases it seems like you really want to be able to spam her Q.

Yeah, for just generic overworld stuff I've been doing just fine with 4 piece Blizzard and a prototype bow. Ganyu has a bit of trouble with the wooden/rock shield mobs but otherwise she cleans up in overworld exploration.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ganyu seems to do big booty damage regardless of what you do really. A melt comp is gonna produce the biggest numbers of all but may be inconvenient since all the good pyro applicators are melee range. The other setups I've seen are just mostly running mono-cryo or Freeze for the Blizzard artifact crit boosts.

Regardless of which route you go though I think Sucrose or Venti are gonna be no-brainer picks for her because of how her burst will cluster up if you group up enemies together. Plus her charged shots are AoE too.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Hyper Inferno posted:

Yeah, for just generic overworld stuff I've been doing just fine with 4 piece Blizzard and a prototype bow. Ganyu has a bit of trouble with the wooden/rock shield mobs but otherwise she cleans up in overworld exploration.

The two ways I've found it easiest to deal with them is to use her E to distract them, then charge up a shot and wait for them to lower their shields as they attack the flower. Alternatively you can drop the flower to distract them, run behind them and then hit them in the back of the head with a charge 1 shot. For some reason charge 2 shots get absorbed by the shield regardless of the direction the shield is facing, but charge 1 will hit just fine from behind, just as uncharged shots will. It definitely is more of a hassle than it is with unshielded mobs though.

On another note, Ganyu makes such short work of all the different Fatui mobs that I've started killing them on sight again. The gunners and geo casters take a while if they get their elemental shields up, but once you get her stats up she can easily murder them before they manage to shield up.

*Edit*

Oh, and the frost cicin mages are kind of a pain if they get their frost bubble up. Best to kill them quickly.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 19, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Regardless of which route you go though I think Sucrose or Venti are gonna be no-brainer picks for her because of how her burst will cluster up if you group up enemies together. Plus her charged shots are AoE too.

Would melt proc if you did a Venti or Sucrose ult, made it absorb Pyro, and then shot a charged Ganyu arrow into it? I'm guessing it would, though I'm a bit unclear on how the "same elements 'stick' to enemies better" thing works.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I threw the best Wanderers stuff I had on Ganyu, and got pretty decent rolls for crit damage and attack, and have a total crit chance of around 50% thanks to using the BP bow with the fun passive. She's only level sixty and is dealing DPS on par with my main DPS Chong at 90. My goodness. I'm excited to see what happens with another twenty levels and the stat boosts from those ascensions.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Hexel posted:

I'm one of those weirdo's who doesn't do abyss. I cleared up to floor 9 but found the whole thing so unfun I just refuse to do it.

I haven't even cleared to 9 - as soon as it wanted me to have a second team, I folded and never returned.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
In addition to buying the BP, I decided to splurge and buy the moon banner for the extra primos, because I play this drat game too much. It comes with 300 "genesis" crystals. What can those be used for?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hexel posted:

I do it like twice, usually reach 10-2/3 and peace out for the same reason.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

In addition to buying the BP, I decided to splurge and buy the moon banner for the extra primos, because I play this drat game too much. It comes with 300 "genesis" crystals. What can those be used for?

The only thing I've seen them used for is converting to Primogems.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Welkin? The 5 dollar deal is literally the best deal, it's like 23 draws if you log in every day.

Genesis and primo are exactly the same, it's only different to curtail chinese laws.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirKibbles posted:

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/142150

1.3 patch notes

Bug fix for Fischl ,BP changes to give fragile resin, events won't require resin if it isn't a dungeon or a ley line,controller support for iOS, material conversion thingy coming up, and most importantly you can hold down the button when adding weapon EXP

Finally controller support!

What are the odds that they add it but don't add remapping? lol

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Technically genesis can be used to buy stuff in the cash shop like the weird xp and mat bundles and probably cosmetics in the future, but they're generally not worth it and convert 1:1 to primos

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Genesis crystals can convert to primos or be used to buy item packs in the store. for the most part those packs suck but they did release some nicer ones with 1.2 that gave you a bunch of talent books or weapon mats of your choice + mora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I keep forgetting I have genesis crystals but also haven't felt the need to convert them. Bring on the costumes!