Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AndrewMannix/status/1351584148532699136?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

antifa cop lovers

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

And we just changed the thread title too.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wow he doesn't even look cool smoking and that's like the easiest cheat code to looking cool

Nerd

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mak0rz posted:

antifa cop lovers

Irony so thick you could grease a pig with it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
TBF I think right wing protesters have killed more cops than antifa have so if that's the metric you're going by...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

christmas boots posted:

TBF I think right wing protesters have killed more cops than antifa have so if that's the metric you're going by...

I'm pretty sure in America antifa have killed exactly 0 cops.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure in America antifa have killed exactly 0 cops.

In fact, I'm very confident that some right wingers have joined the police force specifically because they've heard about antifa and want to stomp it out, so in some ways antifa has probably killed negative cops.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Pretty sure cops have killed more cops than left and right wing protesters put together.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Katt posted:

Pretty sure cops have killed more cops than left and right wing protesters put together.

Therefore antifa is more pro-cop than cops are.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1351608843957133321

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Katt posted:

Whatup

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Hell I think heart attacks have killed more cops than antifa.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DC. Then fill it up with water! :dadjoke:

E: to the letter agency dude reading this: it's a dad joke! Not advocating doing anything to anyone in DC!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OP not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1351634868833280001

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Why spend so much when it would be so much more cost-effective to seal Boebert in her home forever?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

subpar anachronism posted:

Why spend so much when it would be so much more cost-effective to seal Boebert in her home forever?

What's the chud equivalent of Amontillado?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
coors lite

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pththya-lyi posted:

What's the chud equivalent of Amontillado?

Black Rifle Coffee.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rick_Hunter posted:

Hell I think heart attacks have killed more cops than antifa.

Heart attacks have killed more cops than organize crime, militia loons, routine stops gone bad, and abused wives acting in self-defense combined. The one true cop-killer is a life spent mostly sitting on your rear end in a car or at a desk.

Also the chud equivalent of Amontillado is a flask of andrenochrome and the means to make more. Just follow Montresor into the family vault and you can blow this conspiracy wide open.

there wolf has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Jan 19, 2021

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/1351673121770766338

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Yes, this is a real loving book.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'll see you that book and raise you For Such a Time:

quote:

In 1944, blonde and blue-eyed Jewess Hadassah Benjamin feels abandoned by God when she is saved from a firing squad only to be handed over to a new enemy. Pressed into service by SS-Kommandant Colonel Aric von Schmidt at the transit camp of Theresienstadt in Czechoslovakia, she is able to hide behind the false identity of Stella Muller. However, in order to survive and maintain her cover as Aric's secretary, she is forced to stand by as her own people are sent to Auschwitz. Suspecting her employer is a man of hidden depths and sympathies, Stella cautiously appeals to him on behalf of those in the camp. Aric's compassion gives her hope, and she finds herself battling a growing attraction for this man she knows she should despise as an enemy. Stella pours herself into her efforts to keep even some of the camp's prisoners safe, but she risks the revelation of her true identity with every attempt. When her bravery brings her to the point of the ultimate sacrifice, she has only her faith to lean upon. Perhaps God has placed her there for such a time as this, but how can she save her people when she is unable to save herself?

Later editions remove the word "Jewess" from the copy, but it's still the worst idea for a book I've ever seen. This one actually won an industry award, because Christian publishing and its fanbase are hosed up

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

On neither of the covers I found for that book is she blonde lol

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'll see you that book and raise you For Such a Time:

Later editions remove the word "Jewess" from the copy, but it's still the worst idea for a book I've ever seen. This one actually won an industry award, because Christian publishing and its fanbase are hosed up
It almost feels like the author thought they'd rewrite the story of Esther, but badly, offensively, and ignoring all the ways in which the power dynamic was still hyper hosed up in the original story.

(For people less familiar with the biblical story, Esther stops a planned genocide by being selected by King Ahasuerus to be his new bride as he's examining the beautiful young women available to him, after his previous queen, Vashti, refused to strip in the middle of a rowdy party he was having. His advisor Haman feels personally snubbed by Esther's cousin Mordecai and talks the king into allowing all the Jews to be killed because they refuse to bow down to the king although they'll follow the laws, Esther is able to use her access to the king to convince him to change the order so the Jews are allowed to kill anyone who tries to kill them instead, and Haman is executed on the petard he built for Mordecai.)

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Jan 20, 2021

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Katt posted:

self hatred is a helluva drug

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does this count?

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/363614

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Absolutely.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1349265937392930816?s=20

quote:

“I want to give 80% of the profits from the game to SpaceX. In that way, the game will not only serve the important purpose of entertaining people and arousing their interest in Mars, but will also help Elon Musk and SpaceX to achieve this, ” wrote the programmer, who promised to show more progress soon.

:jerkbag:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

iwentdoodie posted:

Wow he doesn't even look cool smoking and that's like the easiest cheat code to looking cool

Nerd

It didn't work for Prison Paul either

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Wrt the 8 bit guy, I never cared for him. Never trust a man who owns several Rick and Morty t-shirts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
WTF is wrong with liberals?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Skwirl posted:

Thanks to these people, the phrase "cramped calves" just makes me think of Beto O'rourke now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

That guy owes me brainspace that he loving filled with that post back.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

FFT posted:

On neither of the covers I found for that book is she blonde lol

I hate to admit that I know this, but when she is captured, they shave her head and although she is originally blonde, she wears a red wig (to disguise the fact that she was in a concentration camp). I assume this is the reason for the wisps of red hair on the cover.

Like, I honestly feel bad for even having read a takedown of the book.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bony tony posted:

Wrt the 8 bit guy, I never cared for him. Never trust a man who owns several Rick and Morty t-shirts.

Or who dremels every computer in existence.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Thanks to these people, the phrase "cramped calves" just makes me think of Beto O'rourke now.

I wonder if we can get a class action going. This definitely harmed me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Rejoice in the fact that people like this will probably get a lot less attention starting tomorrow.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Forbidden love with nazis is its own little subgenre. There have been two separate prestige films about it in the last couple of years an the previews for both of them made me long for the wholesome filth of Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PetraCore posted:

(book of Esther summary)

It's also worth noting that the Book of Esther is not a romance. A romance arc involves two people changing and growing as they fall in love with each other, and King Xerxes never does this. He starts the story piggish, easily manipulated, and incapable of love or consideration for others, and that's how he ends it. He's basically a fictional ancient Persian version of Trump, only at least Trump doesn't drink. Esther succeeds by playing on Xerxes' pride as the king, not by appealing to any love he might feel for her. Having to stay married to him is a consequence of Esther's sacrificing her own happiness for her people, not some kind of divine reward. Rewriting the Book of Esther as a romance and not, say, a political thriller - which is the modern genre it most closely matches - shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the text. And that's before you add in the Nazi Holocaust poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

there wolf posted:

Forbidden love with nazis is its own little subgenre. There have been two separate prestige films about it in the last couple of years an the previews for both of them made me long for the wholesome filth of Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS.
Why would the money behind Hollywood want to normalise having sex with Nazis? Prolly a coincidence