Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wonder when that's from. That's in Chicago.

It's at least a year old. I remember seeing what I thought was the original post when it got circulated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1351594352645189641

Forgot to empty the recycle bin whoops

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm glad Special Agent Slaughter is on the case

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

do i need to know the story of hitman 1 and 2 to play 3?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Like, gently caress the cops and gently caress the feds, but so much of this poo poo is so loving hilarious.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1351621826187722753?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

I've only played 1, but I can't imagine it matters very much. These are pretty episodic even on a level-to-level basis.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I jumped straight into 2 recently and it didn't really matter. If you buy 2, you get all the missions from 1. Worth it for $20 or whatever it is now, I paid $20.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

lol good god no

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

FizFashizzle posted:

To play the game and enjoy the levels, no. To have any understanding of the cutscenes between, yes.

Also if you haven't played the first two, I'd highly recommend buying Hitman 2, which includes both games with the improvements of 2 (verify that before you buy, but Wandler got both when he got Hitman 2 on PS4).

From what I've seen, Hitman 3 is basically 2.5 in that it doesn't have a ton of improvements over 2, so picking up Hitman 2 now is a cheaper way to get the dozen levels that are already released (Hitman 3 is only five new levels).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blowjob Overtime posted:

so picking up Hitman 2 now is a cheaper way to get the dozen levels that are already released (Hitman 3 is only five new levels).

oh. poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah last week I think Hitman 2 was like 10 bucks on PSN.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Congratulations Fiz!

Qwijib0 posted:

The real innovation here would be to have a metaservice you can pay for, and then get all the content in a unified way, maybe on a box of some sort....

I realize you're joking, but: Amazon seems to be trying to do this, via its channels. Also of course Tivo box, Roku box, etc. And Comcast keeps pestering me to let them mail me a free set-top box to stream poo poo because I have Comcast internet (but I use DirecTV so I can keep paying outrageous sums for NFL Sunday Ticket, and I already have a Tivo box, so gently caress it I don't even want their free poo poo).

I think YouTube is trying to do this too.

And of course, smart TVs often come with a bunch of apps plus a unified UI, like I can search across all the streaming apps with my LG TV (except for HBO+, and LG's integrated browser no longer supports regular not-premium Youtube, so gently caress smart TV app ecosystems) or use Chromecast and do it from a phone or or or.

Really it's absurd.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hulu also has premium subscription add-ons like HBO Max, Showtime, etc.

I suspect the big streaming services will all eventually have some kind of system for letting you subscribe to the smaller more niche ones and create your own bundle.

Except for Netflix, they seem content to do their own thing, i.e. shoveling a metric poo poo ton of content against the wall and seeing what sticks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah i can't find that hitman 2 deal on steam or epic

oh well

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I have been fighting with my phone the last few days not being able to send MMS or use mobile data. I use straight talk and it looks like ATT changed some stuff so I can finally share pictures and send group texts again.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Can you computer touchers explain to me how the balance of outsourcing works?

In terms of software development, I can partially answer with an anecdote from college. In our "ethics in computer science" class (the existence of which can be left as an exercise for a future time) there was a question asking basically whether one should hire a United States-based developer or one in India, if production is the same but the one in India costs half as much. The answer then was "hire both" because in any viable software company, at the moment, the margins are high enough that it is always profitable and desirable to hire more developers if you can.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Congratulations, Fiz!

Had an interview myself today for a position with Salesforce. Pay would be stupid good and it would be direct hire, not the contract garbage I've been doing since 2016. They want a second interview this week, so I figure that's a good sign.

SundayMoney posted:

I have been fighting with my phone the last few days not being able to send MMS or use mobile data. I use straight talk and it looks like ATT changed some stuff so I can finally share pictures and send group texts again.

My mom uses Consumer Cellular and her text messages come through via email, not SMS. Strangest drat thing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think to fully understand the Hitman video games you must watch the 2007 adaptation starring Timothy Olyphant

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Timothy Olyphant movie is canon, however, so make sure to watch the director’s cut to get the most out of it.

edit: god DAMMIT

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah i can't find that hitman 2 deal on steam or epic

oh well

gently caress it, you have a job now, you've earned some Hitman 3.

But also put Hitman 1 and 2 on a wishlist or something for when they go on sale, because you can play them in Hitman 3 if you have them and they're fantastic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Timby posted:

Congratulations, Fiz!

Had an interview myself today for a position with Salesforce. Pay would be stupid good and it would be direct hire, not the contract garbage I've been doing since 2016. They want a second interview this week, so I figure that's a good sign.

Salesforce is by all accounts an excellent company to work for. I don't work there, but I've seen numerous colleagues quit my company to go work for them over the last decade or so. Good benefits, good corporate culture, etc. and they've been one of the companies pushing SF to actually tax them.

Like, he's not a straight up superleft communist like these forums would prefer, but he's a billionaire calling for more taxes on billionaires, so Mark Benioff is at least something of an ally, as far as I know.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/14/salesforces-marc-benioff-calls-for-billionaires-to-pay-higher-taxes.html

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

Salesforce is by all accounts an excellent company to work for. I don't work there, but I've seen numerous colleagues quit my company to go work for them over the last decade or so. Good benefits, good corporate culture, etc. and they've been one of the companies pushing SF to actually tax them.

Like, he's not a straight up superleft communist like these forums would prefer, but he's a billionaire calling for more taxes on billionaires, so Mark Benioff is at least something of an ally, as far as I know.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/14/salesforces-marc-benioff-calls-for-billionaires-to-pay-higher-taxes.html

Yeah, I've had a lot of dealings with Salesforce over the past decade and I spoke at Dreamforce back in ... 2013 or 2014, I think. Love the software (... mostly; Marketing Cloud can eat a bag of dicks) and by all accounts they are very good to their remote employees, I wouldn't need to relocate or travel regularly to San Francisco or Indianapolis. Not that I'm tied to staying in Wisconsin, but with all my health issues, a cross-country move isn't high on my list of priorities.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

After a week or two of using our new dishwasher, I want to say this top drawer for silverware is a gamechanger:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

After a week or two of using our new dishwasher, I want to say this top drawer for silverware is a gamechanger:

I have one like that

It’s good!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Congratulations Fiz!

I realize you're joking, but: Amazon seems to be trying to do this, via its channels. Also of course Tivo box, Roku box, etc. And Comcast keeps pestering me to let them mail me a free set-top box to stream poo poo because I have Comcast internet (but I use DirecTV so I can keep paying outrageous sums for NFL Sunday Ticket, and I already have a Tivo box, so gently caress it I don't even want their free poo poo).

I think YouTube is trying to do this too.

And of course, smart TVs often come with a bunch of apps plus a unified UI, like I can search across all the streaming apps with my LG TV (except for HBO+, and LG's integrated browser no longer supports regular not-premium Youtube, so gently caress smart TV app ecosystems) or use Chromecast and do it from a phone or or or.

Really it's absurd.

It is, and all the new metaservices for OTT live TV and streaming all have that one caveat or missing content so you're still dealing with some individual subscriptions and apps and UIs.

The "benefits" of cord cutting as content re-balkanizes means that a tivo and a slingbox get me a better (and cheaper) experience for a similar amount of content. And my live TV doesn't buffer, pixelate, or have a huge delay.

Much like most "disruption", OTT has turned into "cable, but worse in some cases, and only cheaper while the provider is burning VC cash".

At some point my cablecard will die, and I won't be able to get another, and I'm gonna be real mad. Or they will kill linear QAM video.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hf: boschclub

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There was a job at Salesforce that was a perfect fit for me, it was asking for experience for what I had been doing for the past 3 years and I met all their other qualifications, but never got a notice back from them for even a phone screen :saddowns: but I did at least find a more suitable job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
God Feinstein is such loving garbage.

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/1351636310180548610?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Feinstein retire bitch

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

https://youtu.be/oyFQVZ2h0V8

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why is there a penguin?

That got a lol out of me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The dark blue haired girl has it as a pet that lives in her freezer.

Because the arctic circle got revelations-nuked in the 2nd impact.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

The dark blue haired girl has it as a pet that lives in her freezer.

Because the arctic circle got revelations-nuked in the 2nd impact.

A tale as old as time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/LiveScience/status/1351635302582939651

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrettHamil/status/1351638648903462912?s=20

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Beep boop does not compute.

To the best of my knowledge all the PhD candidates I know make effectively less than minimum wage when their salary is broken down by hours worked.

Submitting yourself to five more years of gross under compensation for the unlikely possibility of getting a decent finance job seems real dumb.

E: obviously follow your dreams or whatever but from an outside perspective your plan seems bad

Finance is one of those things where a PhD actually matters. Finance profs get paid more than most anyone not teaching at a med school. Also in the private world they do the type of work I’m interested in doing.

The constant antagonistic struggle rooted in misery that is the practice of law is never going to make me happy. I enjoy the stuff I’ve done in the finance world, though.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Bosch dishwashers are god-tier

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/cbs11ken/status/1351644443477237760?s=20

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

In one last lol I hope that limo pulls up outside the prison and peels off, leaving Joe Exotic in jail where he belongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hope that limo driver was paid up front