Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I hope that Remington 870 was made pre-2006. Their quality game started going downhill after that; a lot of the newer ones have jamming issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Cultivator vs Superhero starts out looking kinda bad, as the cultivator effortlessly destroys a few supers in a row, but it rapidly becomes clear that this is more of an action comedy.

Cultivator gets isekai'd into a world of superheroes, by being baited by an enemy sect or something. Now he's still a cultivator, so he has no sense of right and wrong, just manners, but he's portrayed as having chilled out a lot, so mostly all he wants to do is rebuild his sect in this new world.

It's still an action comic where he's on a completely different tier of power compared to all the superheroes, but it has enough gags like

that make it not feel mean spirited.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it went from a more or less okay action comedy to the webtoon of the year when the gun witches showed up

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

The Gun Witch school rules.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Cultivator vs Superhero starts out looking kinda bad, as the cultivator effortlessly destroys a few supers in a row, but it rapidly becomes clear that this is more of an action comedy.

Cultivator gets isekai'd into a world of superheroes, by being baited by an enemy sect or something. Now he's still a cultivator, so he has no sense of right and wrong, just manners, but he's portrayed as having chilled out a lot, so mostly all he wants to do is rebuild his sect in this new world.

It's still an action comic where he's on a completely different tier of power compared to all the superheroes, but it has enough gags like

that make it not feel mean spirited.

Newspapr Spider-Man is doomed.

It also rocks when mythology pulls out the big guns.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Think of a movie, now use that movie as the basis for a 'Summoned to a fantasy world' protagonist. I guarantee your first choice won't cover what I think is going to be a mediocre but still entertaining new isekai.

Do you have your choice locked in? Well Here you go

If your answer was either Sharknado or Sharktapus you win. Your prize is this manga and the low quality watermarked scans that feel oddly appropriate

I. M. Gei posted:

I hope that Remington 870 was made pre-2006. Their quality game started going downhill after that; a lot of the newer ones have jamming issues.

Speaking of shotguns, there was another update and the MC gets married to the obvious waifu character who is also an elf with a human lifespan Which is convenient but still wholesome.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Speaking of shotguns, there was another update and the MC gets married to the obvious waifu character who is also an elf with a human lifespan Which is convenient but still wholesome.

The man died saving a kid, he's probably one of the few isekai MCs that actually deserve the harem treatment in his afterlife.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
saving a kid is usually the reason why truck-kun is successful. it's not anything new or different from any other isekai stories.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

saving a kid is usually the reason why truck-kun is successful. it's not anything new or different from any other isekai stories.

Fair cop, I always forget about the street-crossing kid in these cliches. Though granted, nobody's ever tried shooting the truck (except the karate isekai guy)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

RangerKarl posted:

The man died saving a kid, he's probably one of the few isekai MCs that actually deserve the harem treatment in his afterlife.

To be fair, I don't think this is a harem series. So while it's a bit rushed, I'm ok with skipping some of the preamble and getting right to "hunting adventures with my elf wife".

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Isekai protagonist idea Charlie from Always Sunny.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

David D. Davidson posted:

Charlie'd fit right in, you need rats bashed? he's got you covered. Don't know how to read this world's writing? doesn't change a thing!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RangerKarl posted:

Fair cop, I always forget about the street-crossing kid in these cliches. Though granted, nobody's ever tried shooting the truck (except the karate isekai guy)

Can say the child saving isnt that common actually.

Usually its just BLAM Truck kun outta nowhere.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

David D. Davidson posted:

The Gang Gets Isekai-ed
*cue theme song*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pyronic posted:

Charlie'd fit right in, you need rats bashed? he's got you covered. Don't know how to read this world's writing? doesn't change a thing!

bashing rats is how 50% of all isekai adventurers get started!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

bashing rats is how 50% of all isekai adventurers get started!

Isekai'd but oops you're playing a randomizer.

Those rats? Yeah, sorry buddy, but those are actually golems in the speedy bodies of vermin as far as you're concerned. The wolves are slimes, the bears are hawks, that minotaur is just a skeleton in power.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Think of a movie, now use that movie as the basis for a 'Summoned to a fantasy world' protagonist. I guarantee your first choice won't cover what I think is going to be a mediocre but still entertaining new isekai.

If your answer was either Sharknado or Sharktapus you win. Your prize is this manga and the low quality watermarked scans that feel oddly appropriate

Extremely stupid and kinda funny as a one-shot, and that's all I hope it stays as

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain Invictus posted:

Extremely stupid and kinda funny as a one-shot, and that's all I hope it stays as

There's already three chapters.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Cross-post from the Wholesome thread

Onean posted:

I was going to make one recommendation here but then I decided to check the author (they go by Kaya) just in case and I saw they've done some other stuff as well, so here's a handful instead of just one. Overall these are fairly light-hearted stories, but this author always throws some kind of wrench into the works that complicates things.

First is one that's already come up, Two Saints Wander Off Into A Different World (NovelUpdates). This one has two best friends that get transported into a different world so they can purify the miasma that empowers monsters. Normally in this world, the Saints stay in one area and that's good enough, but this time is been much longer between Saints and the miasma is particularly bad. Thankfully these two friends really want to explore the world, so they sneak out one night (after an encounter with some nasty nobles from a differing country) and set out on their own. The thrown wrench here is there's quite a few people that are very protective of the two, sometimes overly so, and this leads them to occasionally get into trouble because they keep sneaking around.

Next is The Reborn Little Girl Won't Give Up (NovelUpdates). An older woman who had a loving family dies but is reborn as a baby in a different world. Unfortunately, the family she's born into is cold, mostly because her mother died while giving birth to her. Once her brother and father finally get around to meeting her, she decides she's going to do her best to bring the family closer together. The wrench here is shortly after they get close, she gets kidnapped.

The Reincarnated Girl Wants to Start With the First Step doesn't have a manga, but it was the original one I wanted to recommend. A young woman suffers from severe exhaustion and struggles to do even simple tasks without having to take regular breaks. One particularly rough day she passes out and wakes up in a Goddess's room, where she finds out that her body needs magic. Semi-forcibly sent to serve as a magic purifier for the Goddess's world, the MC gets stuck in a particularly dangerous and remote part of the world. She settles in with her caretaker (she was de-aged to 10 years old) until two years after her arrival her caretaker doesn't return from one of her regular trips to the nearby city.

This last one comes with a caveat. It's not bad, it's just on hiatus. I Will Leisurely Become a Healer in Another World (NovelUpdates) A train derails, killing all of the passengers aboard. Three of them are "farmed" to reincarnate as a 10-year-old with three wishes if they choose, because they "won't be poison or medicine." The MC, an office worker in her 30s, wishes for the power to become a healer, a healthy body, and a caretaker until she's able to become independent. She gets all of the above, though her adoptive Dad needs her as much as she needs him. I don't know what the complication here is, but there's definitely one coming based on the last chapter of the manga.

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 19, 2021

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

I was trying to think of the dumbest thing so I first thought Free Willy, then settled on Air Bud as my guess. Not too far off! Good to know thinking of the dumbest joke is still the easiest way to predict bad anime plots

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's already three chapters.
that's a mistake

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

RareAcumen posted:

Isekai'd but oops you're playing a randomizer.

Those rats? Yeah, sorry buddy, but those are actually golems in the speedy bodies of vermin as far as you're concerned. The wolves are slimes, the bears are hawks, that minotaur is just a skeleton in power.

Sekai Game 2: Iseakaizo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

I was trying to think of the dumbest thing so I first thought Free Willy, then settled on Air Bud as my guess. Not too far off! Good to know thinking of the dumbest joke is still the easiest way to predict bad anime plots

Now I wish the story was about some coastal fantasy person summoning Free Willy and they fight against the evil forces of the ocean together. Maybe get a little Ecco the dophin action in there as well

Captain Invictus posted:

that's a mistake

Much like the many forms of cash in shark movies so the series understands it's source material well.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Nemo2342 posted:

To be fair, I don't think this is a harem series. So while it's a bit rushed, I'm ok with skipping some of the preamble and getting right to "hunting adventures with my elf wife".

Well they definitely have an "adventure"

Also still loving that the Goddess works part-time at the hunting goods' store.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
An Archdemon's Dilemma (ch 30) has finally revealed the underlying plot behind the whole series. Trying to figure out what happened in the past will be a constant theme of the series (aside from all the romance fluff). The big unraveling of the mystery (and the romance fluff) is one of the reasons why I like this story so much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

Well they definitely have an "adventure"

Also still loving that the Goddess works part-time at the hunting goods' store.
I thought they were gonna bone in the boat.

and he is 100% going to get an american gun as an upgrade to his paltry inferior crippled-by-laws japanese gun eventually

as much as it itself has become a cliche and basis of multiple series, I do love the incompetent/broken society of gods trope in isekai.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
the goddess is honestly the best punchline in the story. :allears: Give me that kind of job and I'll gladly sign up to be a stockboy for Cabella's.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Goddess still waiting for her form 4s to be a gag

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I thought they were gonna bone in the boat.

and he is 100% going to get an american gun as an upgrade to his paltry inferior crippled-by-laws japanese gun eventually

as much as it itself has become a cliche and basis of multiple series, I do love the incompetent/broken society of gods trope in isekai.

he could just swap out the barrel.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They even say swapping out the barrel is so easy a rookie can do it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope he played Phantom Pain before they decided to be killjoys and take away all the fun gun customization.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RareAcumen posted:

I hope he played Phantom Pain before they decided to be killjoys and take away all the fun gun customization.
Wait WHAT?!

That was like... the whole point of grinding

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reborn as a Space Mercenary: I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship!

Good things:
- Its a SCIFI isekai kinda based off phantasy star
- it has elfs and other fantasy races
- The MC goal is to drink carbonated sodas and settle on a planet
- The MC broken ability is that he is a loving nerd and a good pilot.

The bad
- Its hella wish fulfilment bullshit
- Horny (but not too much)
- Makes a harem with 2 girls (so far)

The unforgivable
- MC is 27 and the girl he saves is a minor, probably like 17? Its bad folks.
- The other girl is 53 (in elf years)

its ok so far

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Wait WHAT?!

That was like... the whole point of grinding

I meant the fun ways you could gently caress with the game when it was an accident, like silenced grenades, box magazines on pistols, hitscan suppressed rocket launcher that acts essentially as a rail gun, stuff like that that only existed because of a bug in the game not the entire customization feature.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ah, well that's unfortunate.

Now if you excuse me, off to write "Stumbled on an Uneven Pavement and Found Myself a Supersoldier in The Other World: Can I be the Great Boss?!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Chapter 1, they give you surgery to look more like him, and also jam a chunk of metal in your brain so you think you are too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In my other life. The world have achive peace. However, I studied the great battles of history and memorized tactics, all gun models and strategies.

In this world there is nothing but war. How wonderful!

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

FilthyImp posted:

In my other life. The world have achive peace. However, I studied the great battles of history and memorized tactics, all gun models and strategies.

In this world there is nothing but war. How wonderful!
One of the major twists is that the obligatory woman he falls into a relationship with is dressed in a completely normal fashion.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Big Boss travels through isekai worlds, reforming lovely main characters by beating the poo poo out of them with CQC and making fun of their impractical weapons and skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ElBrak posted:

Kuroki Gensai Big Boss travels through isekai worlds, reforming lovely main characters by beating the poo poo out of them with CQC and making fun of their impractical weapons and skills and reminding them to focus on their fundementals.