Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

zombie king boss is impossible

and yes I know I don’t have to
Stay behind his left foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Simply Simon posted:

Powerstanced Daggers are very fun. Very fast L1s as is the norm, but get this: two Mytha's Bent Blades. Poison Ring from the Rat Cov, the Shulva wrist piece, and baby you got yourself a build going.

Also you can backstab and riposte like a mofo, naturally.

This was one of my absolutely favorite things to do as a bellbro. I think most people freaked the gently caress out once they got hit and three different bars popped up on their screen at once. I used the butterfly set too just because it was funny, though it didn't really do much.

Bonfire ascetics are such a good mechanic; it's one of the few games where I've actually gone for things that drop in NG+, NG+2, etc.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

NGDBSS posted:

Stay behind his left foot.

No. Get intimate with the left buttcheek as if your life depends on it.
Because it does.

John Rando
Nov 29, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

This was one of my absolutely favorite things to do as a bellbro. I think most people freaked the gently caress out once they got hit and three different bars popped up on their screen at once. I used the butterfly set too just because it was funny, though it didn't really do much.

Bonfire ascetics are such a good mechanic; it's one of the few games where I've actually gone for things that drop in NG+, NG+2, etc.

Yesterday I was invaded next to the Sinner's Rise elevator by someone with the butterfly set and silver talismans. I'd never seen either before and was completely baffled, I'm sure c u m l o r d got a good laugh at my idiocy before I panicked and flattened him with the craftsman's hammer. I'm new to PvP in the souls games but am enjoying it far more here than in DS1.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

zombie king boss is impossible

and yes I know I don’t have to

How many giant souls you got

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Djeser posted:

How many giant souls you got

Four big honkin ones

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Go get the fifth one, that'll cut his health in half one last time. :troll:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I've straight up beat Dark Souls II like seven times and I've never bothered with actually fighting the Ancient Dragon, never even bothered with whatever the cheese method is supposed to be.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I did it once and it loving sucked. Never do it imo

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Simply Simon posted:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Oh that Aldia, turning people into frustrating boss fights.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Simply Simon posted:

yeah it sucks rear end and is no fun and you get basically nothing. Big fan of not doing it ever again

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

So i think I beat the game. Maybe I’m just better but that was easier than 1

Now wheres the 3 thread

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So i think I beat the game. Maybe I’m just better but that was easier than 1

Now wheres the 3 thread

Did you do the DLC?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

multijoe posted:

Did you do the DLC?

What am I some kind of turbonerd

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You really should play the dlc. Also every souls thread talks about every souls game and we really should close them all and have 1.

John Rando
Nov 29, 2013
The DLC has some of the best content in the game, with the most challenging but fair boss fights, and you can't honestly say you've beaten Dark Souls 2 without completing Frigid Outskirts :colbert:

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

The DLCs of DS2 aren't just a couple of additional areas either; all together, it's like another 20ish hours of gameplay content. If you have Dark Souls 2: Scholarship Edition, then you already have these areas available.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The DLC is like really good. It's Light Years ahead of the rest of the game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

SHISHKABOB posted:

The DLC is like really good. It's Light Years ahead of the rest of the game.
Except the co-op areas, which are Light Years behind.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Charles Bukowski posted:

Also every souls thread talks about every souls game and we really should close them all and have 1.

Big agreed on this.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
The combat options/environments/stat mechanics/item differences are large enough between each one that it would get confusing as poo poo (not even considering DeS/BB/Sek). Keep them separate or you're going to have a bunch of people asking what the gently caress "adaptability" is, that they can't figure out how to powerstance in anor londo or that there's a bug preventing them from activating their weapon arts against the bed of chaos.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

As everyone else is saying the DLC is absolute must play, if you've made it this far you really should give it a go. The level design and boss encounters are night and day compared to the base game.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Yeah the DLC is easily on par if not better than the best parts of the main game and features what's probably the best dragon boss in the series.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Also every souls thread talks about every souls game and we really should close them all and have 1.

This was reported as a good idea and I generally agree. If someone wants to work with the OPs of those other threads (if they're still around) to put something together I think that would be good. The OP of this thread has not posted in over two years, for reference.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Joe Man posted:

Except the co-op areas, which are Light Years behind.

Eh, you can barrel through the Shulva and Brume Tower challenge zones fine and they're not awful. Frigid Outskirts is the only one that is an unavoidable, miserable slog, which sucks because I think the boss for it is the most fun challenge out of the 3.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Nuns with Guns posted:

Eh, you can barrel through the Shulva and Brume Tower challenge zones fine and they're not awful. Frigid Outskirts is the only one that is an unavoidable, miserable slog, which sucks because I think the boss for it is the most fun challenge out of the 3.

You also get an actual good weapon out of it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dlc hard

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Djeser posted:

Yeah the DLC is easily on par if not better than the best parts of the main game and features what's probably the best dragon boss in the series.

I'll go so far as to say that the DLC is the best that the Dark Souls series has to offer. You're cheating yourself if you don't play through them.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

git gud

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there an order to these dee ell seas because this one with skeletons and red demons you stab with a spike is fukken hard

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Is there an order to these dee ell seas because this one with skeletons and red demons you stab with a spike is fukken hard

Release order is Shulva, then Brume Tower, then Eleum Loyce. They’re all hard though

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay but get this: as a reward for getting to the end you get to fight the toughest boss in the game

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Brume Tower is definitely the hardest of the three, so yeah if you're getting sick of its poo poo try the other two.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Trek through three dlcs and finally face the true villain of the series, Capra Demon and 2 dogs in a tiny room

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I've always found Ivory King harder than Iron King, bosses and enemies.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I didn’t even realize the demon killing stakes were consumables and not just one. I’ve run around and exploded all of them except there’s one around the boss fights igloo that I don’t have one for. And apparently I don’t get another until after the boss fight??

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I didn’t even realize the demon killing stakes were consumables and not just one. I’ve run around and exploded all of them except there’s one around the boss fights igloo that I don’t have one for. And apparently I don’t get another until after the boss fight??

Lol pwnd. You're probably going to wanna call in the sun bros.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Christ that's rough. I'd normally say at least try and fight Fume Knight 1v1 but with one of the idols up that's going to be a tough ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there not exactly as many stabbers as there is demon guys why would they make it even possible to do this