Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

Finance is one of those things where a PhD actually matters. Finance profs get paid more than most anyone not teaching at a med school. Also in the private world they do the type of work I’m interested in doing.

The constant antagonistic struggle rooted in misery that is the practice of law is never going to make me happy. I enjoy the stuff I’ve done in the finance world, though.

Yeah I’m aware that finance professors make bank. I’m also aware that full time finance professor positions are extremely rare and competitive.

I just hope you are realistic about your opportunities before you commit to half a decade of PhD work. Especially since you already have 4(?) degrees. Seems like you might be trying to get out of a hole by digging deeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fuser is a beautiful game about shitposting in audio form.

https://twitter.com/TactfulOgre/status/1347278500076654594

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Limo looks like some poo poo I made with Lego as a kid

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"Where to, Stephanie?" but it's Carole Baskin instead of the Undertaker.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Go to Oyster House and house a dozen oysters, you earned it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Fuser is a beautiful game about shitposting in audio form.

https://twitter.com/TactfulOgre/status/1347278500076654594

Big LOL

This one caught me literally poo poo posting.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

That must be a rough last name to grow up with

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/m_crouton/status/1351664187022467075

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I had some presidential timeline thing on in the background while working and goddamn John Tyler loving sucked

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

After a week or two of using our new dishwasher, I want to say this top drawer for silverware is a gamechanger:

what devilry is this?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jackbox tonight at 7:30 CST.

https://discord.gg/fe6YGsA3

I may not make it tonight, but we have plenty of regulars who can stream the games.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Finance is one of those things where a PhD actually matters. Finance profs get paid more than most anyone not teaching at a med school. Also in the private world they do the type of work I’m interested in doing.

The constant antagonistic struggle rooted in misery that is the practice of law is never going to make me happy. I enjoy the stuff I’ve done in the finance world, though.

You can do law stuff that isn’t antagonistic, especially if you’re willing to move to a tiny island far away from the insanity that is the US mainland.

You’d also make more money.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CannonFodder posted:

what devilry is this?

It's a Bosch dishwasher and everyone should own one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Trump pardoning Joe Exotic would be the perfect capstone to his presidency, but Trump probably hates him because Joe Exotic is low-class white trash. But, he's also been a Trump supporter since day one.

Cue the two-button meme.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
With Trump out of office tomorrow, I can't help but stop and think of the Trump ecosystem of dumbshits that popped up in Would during this time that we had to deal with. Sebastian Gorka, Jacob Wohl, Diamond and Silk, Laura Loomer, Kent State Gun Girl, Baked Alaska and many other idiots that we never should have had to hear of. You almost yearn for Joe the Plumber type people of yesteryear.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Today's stupid MAGA insurrectionist is the Houston cop who lied to the Feds about being inside the Capitol. They noticed the entire day (Jan 6th) was missing from his camera roll, so they checked his deleted photos, and welp

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

D-LINK posted:

Today's stupid MAGA insurrectionist is the Houston cop who lied to the Feds about being inside the Capitol. They noticed the entire day (Jan 6th) was missing from his camera roll, so they checked his deleted photos, and welp

This is what happens when you don’t have the instinct to wipe your browser history engrained at a very young age

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Turns out uploading everything to the cloud is good tradecraft for treasonous morons lol you love to see it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Turns out uploading everything to the cloud is good tradecraft for treasonous morons lol you love to see it

It wasn't even the cloud. He let the cops check the trash on his phone.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's so much worse. They truly think/thought they were doing what is in the best interest of democracy, and thought they would be praised by the entire country because they are Republicans

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

wandler20 posted:

It's a Bosch dishwasher and everyone should own one.

I am in the market for a new dishwasher and I’m looking at Bosches. Going to the store sometime this week I think to actually look at it in person, but I’m like 99% sure I’m getting a Bosch.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Thaddius the Large posted:

This is what happens when you don’t have the instinct to wipe your browser history engrained at a very young age

Fuckin truth.

Also what happens when you're a traitor to everything the country is supposed to stand for, a racist piece of poo poo, and a cop, but I repeat myself.

D-LINK posted:

It's so much worse. They truly think/thought they were doing what is in the best interest of democracy, and thought they would be praised by the entire country because they are Republicans

No, they thought no matter what there would be no consequences because they've never had any before.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Dango Bango posted:

It wasn't even the cloud. He let the cops check the trash on his phone.

lmao

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

I am in the market for a new dishwasher and I’m looking at Bosches. Going to the store sometime this week I think to actually look at it in person, but I’m like 99% sure I’m getting a Bosch.

Get a Bosch, they are amazing. Super quiet, and since they don't have the traditional hot drying element pretty much everything is dishwasher safe

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah i can't find that hitman 2 deal on steam or epic

oh well

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hitman-2-gold-edition

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/akarl_smith/status/1351635299810627584

:lol:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Two of the apes that setup the White Pride Parades in Boston got arrested today. So that was pretty cool too.

Nothing particularly funny I can find, other then them posting that they were there from inside the capital building.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Two of the apes that setup the White Pride Parades in Boston got arrested today.
I thought it was a Straight Pride Parade they set up?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, that's a slip on my part, because they're the exact same thing, but yeah.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CannonFodder posted:

what devilry is this?

That little drawer is so low profile, snug right up to the top, and fits all of our silverware. Also, this maybe a pretty normal thing for dishwashers made this century, but the plumbing to get water to the center rack where glasses go is along the back instead of having that dumb thing that telescopes up the middle. It has at least 1.5x the capacity of our old one from little improvements like those.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Good news everybody, there's a new way to keep yourself safe from covid!

https://twitter.com/LeafLee6/status/1351638863790432257

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Good news everybody, there's a new way to keep yourself safe from covid!

https://twitter.com/LeafLee6/status/1351638863790432257

My neighbor keeps asking me if someone at my house is sick. Little does he know I'm coughing up weed particles to create a protective barrier around the perimeter :fsmug:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

That little drawer is so low profile, snug right up to the top, and fits all of our silverware. Also, this maybe a pretty normal thing for dishwashers made this century, but the plumbing to get water to the center rack where glasses go is along the back instead of having that dumb thing that telescopes up the middle. It has at least 1.5x the capacity of our old one from little improvements like those.

That sounds like a dream tbh. The apartment I’m living in now has the cheapest dishwasher they could possibly find and I hate it. Nothing *quite* fits like it should, it’s noisy, it seems to be hooked up improperly because it jettisons water into the sink all the time, the list goes on. It’s getting to the point where when I can finally buy a house I’m probably just replacing whatever’s there with the best thing I can find just so I never have to fuss with the drat thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Can't get covid if you sit on your couch eating quesadillas and playing COD zombies *taps head*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda feeling like smoking weed. I had no interest in it in high school, college, etc. All the sudden it sounds nice. Prob because I haven't sniffed an endorphin in like 3 years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm kinda feeling like smoking weed. I had no interest in it in high school, college, etc. All the sudden it sounds nice. Prob because I haven't sniffed an endorphin in like 3 years.

Yeah I’m hoping to replace booze with weed once I get my one obligatory healthcare drug test out of the way.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Our power went out and I guess it took down a cell tower because I had no power or connection to the outside world for like 40 minutes and for like 5 minutes wondered if poo poo was going down

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

After a week or two of using our new dishwasher, I want to say this top drawer for silverware is a gamechanger:

Wait, that's what that rack is for? I've been using it for lids, bottle parts/sippy cup parts, and other miscellaneous bits

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Our power went out and I guess it took down a cell tower because I had no power or connection to the outside world for like 40 minutes and for like 5 minutes wondered if poo poo was going down

I wonder if you'd be able to see San Francisco light up from that far away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

on the bored wop posted:

Wait, that's what that rack is for? I've been using it for lids, bottle parts/sippy cup parts, and other miscellaneous bits

It's whatever you wish it to be, friend. I use it for knives, lids, plane graters, cat dishes, and whatever else is narrow and I don't want to put in another rack