Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder if they'd rather pay that than base their operations in Europe. Either way lol my country sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

anyway from what it looks like, noted boosters of the Hitler regime, Mercedes, took advantage of Italy being ravaged by COVID-19 to take a very unfair WCC. Hope that season gets wiped from the history books like the time Nigel Mansell won because his car was driven by the advanced AI from Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix Simulation

I'm so glad you're back with these fermented gold posts.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Azza Bamboo posted:

I wonder if they'd rather pay that than base their operations in Europe. Either way lol my country sucks.

It's not really enough, especially refundable, to warrant building a base elsewhere.

But if we ever get new teams they're going to look at that and think Germany looks pretty bloody good certainly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Azza Bamboo posted:

What the hell was this San Marino race?

Senna ran out of fuel, Johannsen ran out of fuel, Prost ran out of fuel on his slowdown lap and the then 3rd place Boutsen ran out of fuel yards from the finish line, finishing the race in 3rd place by pushing it over the line. Then Prost gets DQed for being too light on the postrace.

This is mad, and I wonder if these economy runs are going to be a running theme.

This was a bit of a thing early in the era when refueling was banned

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Payndz posted:

Just learned how Brexit will affect F1: UK-based teams will now need a carnet to allow their cars to be temporarily imported into the EU for work purposes. That involves paying a £240+VAT admin fee (no biggie)... and 40% of the value of the car. For each car. :stare:

It's refundable at the end of the 12-month period of carnet validity, but even so, for the smaller UK-based teams that's a big chunk of money, especially when they previously paid nothing. (All the team's travelling staff will need similar paperwork as well.)

eh in your accounting you just kind of ignore it

(source: me, money expert)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Surely they have to do that for all races outside the EU previously, so it's probably not that much of a big deal. Doesn't FOM handle all freight anyway? I seem to remember everything is shipped off to various locations and the teams catch up to their freight that is often sent months in advance of the race.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What's everyone's predictions for 2021. I think Italy will bounce back from COVID-19 and Ferrari have a hell of a season while the epic fail England Virus COVID strain causes the Mercedes team to have a massive meltdown #ForzaFerrari #MissionWinnow #KeepFightingMichael

Mercedes wins 99% of the races, RedBull will take 2nd and 3rds, Renault,Racing point and McLaren will drive the entertainment as they battle for podiums, #failerrari will trend #1 on Twitter. Williams will pass Haas leading Haas to sell the team to Mazebinman.

daslog fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 19, 2021

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Also the 'value' of an F1 car is pretty nebulous.

The vast majority of the pricetag put on parts (100k for a front wing or whatever) is a calculation made on labour time and r&d costs. I'm sure they could come up with a figure for the purposes of a transportation deposit that is relative pocket change.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This was a bit of a thing early in the era when refueling was banned

The Alfa V8 was really badly effected by it power wise. Even when it wasn’t able to run at full tilt it still had horrible economy.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
MaxXx driving straight into that wall, over and over, for all of time.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

i mean he's a massive arsehole which is slightly more entertaining than watching paint dry rossberg

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Fumble posted:

MaxXx driving straight into that wall, over and over, for all of time.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
no you see he drove into the wall because he's so much more skilled than the rest of the grid

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2mV9HJmTpQ

:unsmith:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kill me, existence is pain

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

i mean he's a massive arsehole which is slightly more entertaining than watching paint dry rossberg

Rosberg is at least a good driver - Villeneuve sucked rear end and the FW19 was the reason he won.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

Rosberg is at least a good driver - Villeneuve sucked rear end and the FW19 was the reason he won.

He's an ok driver but it's not like you could've put someone like Pérez or even (shudders) Ricciardo in that car and they would've probably managed to win a WDC in that Mercedes.

97 was the first season I saw, I don't remember anything about it lol but I do remember when the 98 season started the cars looked poo poo and williams were poo poo

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Love our Jense. That 2011 Canadian Grand Prix was awesome, and the massive rain delays meaning I was smashed by the end of it.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Love our Jense. That 2011 Canadian Grand Prix was awesome, and the massive rain delays meaning I was smashed by the end of it.

That was the race that got me properly into F1. Jense is the reason I now have brain worms.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I've been trying to find the brawny buttons gang tag but no luck so far. I would totally rock that again

Did find this though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

button.... good?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
no british driver is good

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Skarsnik posted:

I've been trying to find the brawny buttons gang tag but no luck so far. I would totally rock that again

Did find this though

I'm pretty sure I've got it on a hard drive somewhere

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

no british driver is good

Hi op, lewis is the greatest driver of all time

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

Did find this though

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
if you all have some gangtags you want uploaded, i don't mind doing that. that is a fun off season thing we could do

Width: 180px
Height: 20-40px is a good
File size: 30kb (wiggle room here, make it as small as you can and look nice)
Animation: Gifs are okay, but prefer either static or minimal animation.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

:hellyeah:

Pragmatica posted:

if you all have some gangtags you want uploaded, i don't mind doing that. that is a fun off season thing we could do

Brawny should still be there I guess, have you got any way of seeing what's in the directory of them?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ethanol posted:

Hi op, lewis is the greatest driver of all time

He is #Blessed.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

button.... good?

Button owns. Case in point: he spent the twilight of his career with McLaren with another former WDC driver and the comparison between the two speaks volumes. Nando went off in a tremendous pissfit of rage, helldumping everything within his tiny reach and burning every bridge he could see. Jense just rolled with the punches and ended up taking over Ted's Notebook at his final race, pissed as a fart, giving an amount of fucks that would've satisified Ron Dennis' definition of 'zero.'

Good lad, did well, stole are hearts. Have fun next year, Alpine. <3

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
https://apnews.com/article/dubai-party-haven-coronavirus-6edff7b2ecc2a94b1ca0cbeea0de1b32

Hopefully Rando Lando and Shurl Eclair have learned a valuable lesson from this. I hope they both drive directly into the first wall of the Bahrain Grand Prix 3rd Racism Edition.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

:hellyeah:

Brawny should still be there I guess, have you got any way of seeing what's in the directory of them?

I can look around tomorrow and see if I can find it

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ilmucche posted:

button.... good?

Button very good. It was also the 2011 Canadian GP that got me into F1.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Are Jense is a dream and should be knighted for his smile alone.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Lonso and Butts was the best driver combo, its just a shame they were stuck in the terrible McLaren

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Pragmatica posted:

for Khablam and myself

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 20, 2021

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dictator. posted:

for Khablam and myself

Yes please make this their gang tag

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

lol

track day bro!