Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: You Are Cordially Invited

With no promotions running a bunch of wrestlers from the BritWres scene including a few familiar faces come together to create a cinematic match full of action, violence, surprises and wacky hijinks to create something quite weird yet wonderful. It's only 25 mins long and definitely worth your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_m1TAgds9A

This only needs one more nomination to make MOTYC now. I really encourage people to give it a try, it's basically a wrestling version of Battle Royale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Rarity posted:

This only needs one more nomination to make MOTYC now. I really encourage people to give it a try, it's basically a wrestling version of Battle Royale

It will also give Mad Kurt more MOTYC's then the entire WWE roster.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

With no promotions running a bunch of wrestlers from the BritWres scene including a few familiar faces come together to create a cinematic match full of action, violence, surprises and wacky hijinks to create something quite weird yet wonderful. It's only 25 mins long and definitely worth your time.

Rarity posted:

Nth, it's delightful.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Queer Salutations posted:

It will also give Mad Kurt more MOTYC's then the entire WWE roster.

It will also give The Great Khali more MOTYC's then the entire WWE roster.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

HM: Eddie Edwards vs. Sami Callahan
MOTYC: The Elite vs. Rich Swann, Chris Sabin, and Moose

All from Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill, 1/16

Nthing these two for sure.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
10th January
AJPW Chiba Extra Dream 25
JIN (Ayato Yoshida & Fuminori Abe) vs JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto)

More of Abe & Yoshida in All Japan this year please.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
17th January
Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate Night 6
Ttre Cup
Masquerade (La Estrella, Jason Lee & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Dia Inferno, Eita & Kaito Ishida) vs Dragon Kid, Keisuke Okuda & YAMATO

Also Segment of the Year nomination for the Natural Vibes new member audition. Dragon Kid and Don Fujii in particular were amazing. Just hilarious.

2nd both of these. Dragon Kid spending his routine doing the dance version of shitposting in order to make Kzy corpse was amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Based on gifs and videos on twitter I think I can nominate

WMOTYC: Asuka vs Alexa Bliss, 11/18 WWE Raw

Alexa Bliss is very bad and this is one of the funniest block sequences I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1351378298656481280

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1351378496627609601

Also a mid match transformation or whatever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

This was a 2020 show so it's not being added to any list in this thread, but at least people are aware it exists now and got to watch it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

This was a 2020 show so it's not being added to any list in this thread, but at least people are aware it exists now and got to watch it.

It dropped at 6pm on New Year's Eve and literally nobody knew about it. The people demand justice :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

It dropped at 6pm on New Year's Eve and literally nobody knew about it. The people demand justice :argh:

The 2020 thread remained open for several days into 2021. The people had justice :colbert:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, SHO & Master Wato vs Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI NJPW Road to The New Beginning 19.01

A real good hype match and a real good showcase for all the guys involved.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

The 2020 thread remained open for several days into 2021. The people had justice :colbert:

Expecting people to find the nichest of niche Youtube video in the first few days of the year is unreasonable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MOTYC: Rarity vs Jerusalem, The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Supposedly About Sports > Punchsport Pagoda > 2021's Best and Worst Pro-Wrestling Matches of the Year (plus Recommended) 19/01/2021

A solid technical bout from two of the forum's best posters.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

MOTYC: Rarity vs Jerusalem, The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Supposedly About Sports > Punchsport Pagoda > 2021's Best and Worst Pro-Wrestling Matches of the Year (plus Recommended) 19/01/2021

A solid technical bout from two of the forum's best posters.

You're not allowed to nominate matches before they're finished

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

You're not allowed to nominate matches before they're finished

This match can only end when one competitor is probated for their post.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junpei Hyde posted:

This match can only end when one competitor is probated for their post.

This may just be... the Greatest Posting Match... Ever

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rarity posted:

This may just be... the Greatest Posting Match... Ever

HM for me.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: CM Punk vs, AJ Styles, RoH At Our Best, March 13 2004, pure rules

I will never stop watching wrestling, you cowards.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
More seriously: MOTYC: Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama, AJPW New Year Wars Night 1, January 2

Really good tag match. Aoyagi's really improved in the past year and Miyahara is still amazing. Ishikawa & Suwama are still a great team.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

nth it was absolute garbage and asuka doesnt deserve any of this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I did watch the match so actually.... you're right, it's a definite WMOTYC.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd January
World Women Pro-Wrestling Diana
Misa Matsui vs. Haruka Umesaki

Nice little technical wrestling showcase.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
11th January
SEAdLINNNG 2021 Opening Match
Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) vs Oni Ni Kanabo (Sareee & Yoshiko)

It's a non-title match between 2 of the best tag teams in women's wrestling & probably in all wrestling. And one of the last Sareee matches before she takes a distressingly early & hopefully temporary retirement in Orlando. Some nice big, meaty strikes, match flies by, can't really ask for more.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th January
Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) vs Oni Ni Kanabo (Sareee & Yoshiko)

It's a non-title match between 2 of the best tag teams in women's wrestling & probably in all wrestling. And one of the last Sareee matches before she takes a distressingly early & hopefully temporary retirement in Orlando. Some nice big, meaty strikes, match flies by, can't really ask for more.

2nd

also not an HM or anything but I recommend checking out the Las Fresas de Egoistas vs. Honori Hana/Aja Kong/Rina Yamashita match from this show. The Asuka/Aja exchanges owned and made me want a singles match between them as Aja's one big good singles match of the year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, that match was alright but definitely stepped up a gear when Asuka got in the ring in general.

I realised today that I think Kaori Yoneyama is the only wrestler I've seen so far in 2021 as much as the Dragon Gate roster, which is an odd thought but she is very prolific.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HM: Private Party vs. Chris Sabin & James Storm, IMPACT ON AXS 1/19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th January

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36UWre14QHM

here's the video. I think their title match from November was better but this is still great

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Manik (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Rohit Raju for the Impact X-Division Championship
HM: Eddie Edwards vs. Sami Callahan
MOTYC: The Elite vs. Rich Swann, Chris Sabin, and Moose

All from Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill, 1/16

Nth

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Nth. I thought Private Party looked like stars. And felt like stars.

You can absolutely tell the difference between characters getting TV time consistently versus not.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Alexa Bliss is very bad and this is one of the funniest block sequences I've ever seen.

I just watched and it sucked. nth

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

Nth. Private Party instantly add some credibility to IMPACT's suddenly dried up tag division.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Rarity posted:

Nth. This was really great, and criminally underviewed.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

This is not getting nearly enough love for being an absolute awful match. Nth, please put this garbage on the WMOTYC list.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

MOTY by Promotion:

NJPW: 4 | AEW: 2 | IMPACT: 2 | TJPW: 2 |

STOP THE COUNT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Proud N Powerful vs Sammy Hager vs Jericho and MJF, 1/20 Dynamite

Crazy fun match and maybe the best Hager has ever looked in a match. Props to Jericho for getting up for Sammy's finish. Sammy's swanton was incredible. Incredible.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Crazy fun match and maybe the best Hager has ever looked in a match. Props to Jericho for getting up for Sammy's finish. Sammy's swanton was incredible. Incredible.

nth

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Thirding

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

4thed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Nth.