Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Apparently my rarest achievement is from Disco Elysium For recruiting Cuno

Im honestly kind of shocked, i figured everyone took that chance when they got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZearothK posted:

Hey, it is the sequel to Hammerfight. Kind of, it is the same setting and it is either set before or after by a few thousand years.

My jaw hit the fuckin' floor. That looks incredible.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zesty posted:

I don't showcase what steam thinks the rarest achievements are. I showcase hand-picked achievements I actually feel good about. Or just wanted to fill a little space.

:wiggle:

:same:

All my rarest cheeves are from Tales of Majeyal, partially because its a long as hell roguelike that I've beaten many times, but also because it has separate identical achievements for each difficulty and all the lower ones unlock when you get the higher ones. Just doesn't look great for display purposes and looks like that's probably the case for you too lol

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 20, 2021

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
My rarest achievements are from Lawbreakers...because nobody played that game and I'm an idiot. (god i also got brink when it came out)

I also have the SuperCop achievement from APB Reloaded. That makes me feel a little better. "Meet the cop who can't be stopped!"

I'm surprised I'm not seeing all my Marvel Heroes achievements that people are talking about, I played the hell outta that game. Must've implemented those after I left.

BigRed0427 posted:

Im honestly kind of shocked, i figured everyone took that chance when they got it.

You can do WHAT!? God, everyday I learn just how little I saw in my playthrough.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

FutureCop posted:

My rarest achievements are from Lawbreakers...because nobody played that game and I'm an idiot. (god i also got brink when it came out)

I also have the SuperCop achievement from APB Reloaded. That makes me feel a little better. "Meet the cop who can't be stopped!"

I'm surprised I'm not seeing all my Marvel Heroes achievements that people are talking about, I played the hell outta that game. Must've implemented those after I left.

You can do WHAT!? God, everyday I learn just how little I saw in my playthrough.

you'll never get em with that attitude.

My rarest achievement is from Tyranny, apparently not enough people went Verse enough to get her to usurp the Voices.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

SavageMessiah posted:

Your Biggest Fan in Prey which is from reading the lovely starbender novels in Mooncrash.
:hfive:
Two of my rare cheevos are Prey / Mooncrash ones, which reminds me I should replay Prey. RePrey.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I played through Prey for the first time a couple months ago

Prey is very good

Replay Prey

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kibayasu posted:

Does it have to be exactly 100 bullets?

No it's at least 100... or at least I assume, I haven't counted the bullets in that screenshot.

e:

BigRed0427 posted:

You don't get a chance to if Kim doesn't get shot. You monster.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Begemot posted:

No it's at least 100... or at least I assume, I haven't counted the bullets in that screenshot.

e:

You don't get a chance to if Kim doesn't get shot. You monster.

Well I didn't want Kim to get shot, I kept failing all the skill checks at the Tribunal.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My rarest achievement is listening to all the “memories” in the Arma 3 Laws of War DLC story mission. In fact there’s a bunch of Arma 3 DLC achievements in there. Also some Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising achievements just behind it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My rarest Steam cheevos are all stuff I got from playing around in Battletech's skirmish mode, which were incredibly easy (like win a 4v4 with Urbanmechs, which you can do against four other Urbanmechs) but nobody plays Battletech's skirmish mode or multiplayer when Career mode is right there.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Xarbala posted:

My rarest Steam cheevos are all stuff I got from playing around in Battletech's skirmish mode, which were incredibly easy (like win a 4v4 with Urbanmechs, which you can do against four other Urbanmechs) but nobody plays Battletech's skirmish mode or multiplayer when Career mode is right there.

Career Mode with the plethora of mods is why I have nearly 900 hours sunk into Battletech.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

All the achievement talk got me thinking of my old delisted achievements -- the ones that you could keep if you got them already but wouldn't count towards completion anymore -- and I guess at some point delisted achievements just got scrubbed from Steam altogether. I know I used to have The Humanoid Typhoon from Dungeons of Dredmor for maxing the deadshot skill tree that they removed from the game, but it's completely absent from my full achievements list and the achievement thumbnail looks like this in my library:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
That doesn't seem to be the case, most of my rarest ones are from delisted games entirely. Including two from the late Puzzle Pirates.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

That doesn't seem to be the case, most of my rarest ones are from delisted games entirely. Including two from the late Puzzle Pirates.

Delisted games still have their achievements in the system, though, even for dead games you can no longer play AFAIK. I mean achievements that were made either invisible or unachievable but still showed up if you had them. Maybe I should say "deprecated" achievements to be more accurate.

E: I remember think Super Meat Boy had a few of them too, though I might be thinking of people complaining that there were achievements added for the level portal which became unattainable shortly thereafter and were never removed. I'd also expect there to be a few for Hand Simulator, given they've removed at least one game mode from that altogether.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 20, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My rarest achievement is a Civ5 one where you have to airlift a unit from Casablanca to Lisbon.

I did it like three times before it proc'd.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Since someone brought up Rise of the Tomb Raider having an interesting endurance mode I looked that up, and it's got something I've never seen before: Denuvo, and a native Linux port. Denuvo is still a Windows-only affair so far as I can tell, so the Linux branch just... doesn't use Denuvo I guess?? :psyduck:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a Linux port that just basically doesn't bother with DRM. Hardly anyone uses Linux in the first place, so loss prevention probably isn't a major concern there compared to the Windows version.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man O' War Corsair, the Warhammer Fantasy pirate ship game, is leaving Steam soon. Mixed reviews so I have no idea if it's any good.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Stickman posted:

It's not an RPG, but Dream Quest was the primary inspiration for Slay the Spire. It plays similarly to StS except that enemies have their own decks and your character move around grid-based dungeons over several (5?) floors, which lets you see exactly what battles are coming up (up to the fog of war) and choose an order to tackle them. There are tons of classes and cards, though it's ultimately less fine-tuned than StS. And you might need bandages for your eyes.

It's significantly cheaper on ios (and maybe android?), so if you have an ipad or iphone you might want to save the $7 and try it up there instead!

Absolutely an RPG, 3 and a half floors. Some of the enemies are invisible and ambush you. Technically no in battle effect, but very annoying from a resource management point of view. The final half floor is just the final boss, whose greatest strengths for this run have been foretold at the start of every floor. Strengths like being immune to x type of damage, downgrading every card you play, and automatically poisoning you Most achievements are for moderately damaging the final boss, not defeating it.

Silentlocke
Feb 13, 2008
Let's see, rarest achievements.

L4D2 The Last Dash 0.20% I think they added this recently?
Complete The Last Stand campaign in 13 minutes or less, without any Survivors dying.

Warframe Race Ace 0.60%
Complete all of the K-Drive races in Orb Vallis

Torchlight Fisher King 0.70% I really like fishing minigames
Catch 1k fish

Warframe Ride or Die 0.80% Not sure why this is an achievement?
Reach top standing with Ventkids

Warframe Vallis Spelunker 0.80%
Explore all of the caves in Orb Vallis

Unturned Extinguished 0.80%
Kill a magma zombie

I think the lesson here is I really like Warframe and fishing.

Though my favorite achievement is still this one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

so Everspace 2 is, what, Skyrim With Dogfighting now instead of a roguelite?

Not that I object really, just a hell of a leap

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm baffled that my rarest achievement (0,50%) is Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition "Fly Solo" (finish the game with a single character), which should be way more common at this point.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

so Everspace 2 is, what, Skyrim With Dogfighting now instead of a roguelite?

Not that I object really, just a hell of a leap

Freelancer is a much better comparison.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm baffled that my rarest achievement (0,50%) is Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition "Fly Solo" (finish the game with a single character), which should be way more common at this point.

I don't see how, most people don't finish a game as long as BG2 in the first place and of those only a tiny minority do things like solo challenges in a party-based RPG.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All the talk about rare achievements made me realize that only 0.50% of players completed every timeline in XCOM: Chimera Squad :smith:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I was certain that XCOM Chimera Squad would be my thing but it felt quite bland apart from the characters. The breach mechanic felt overdone even within the 2 hours I've played and the mission areas all felt incredibly tiny and samey. Also fighting mostly against humanoids seemed a bit meh, too.

It made me realize, though, that I prefer to nurture my own noname soldiers to godhood like in XCOM 1/2 instead of having premade characters with story which might have been the true reason why it didn't click with me in the end.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
While I had fun with Chimera Squad, it really dragged on by the end. Cannot really imagine many people playing it six times (which I assume the timeline comment is about?)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
My rarest achievements are mostly Prey: Mooncrash ones, since it measures against all Prey owners and not just Mooncrash owners. But I do have a proper rare one for completing the hidden level in Shenzhen IO.

Is there any way to see more of the rarest achievements, or is the only way to expand your showcase?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

I played through Prey for the first time a couple months ago

Prey is very good

Replay Prey

I never got around to actually beating the game, but I just did a round of PC upgrades and Prey is on my giant list of games downloading right now.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Taintrunner posted:

Man O' War Corsair, the Warhammer Fantasy pirate ship game, is leaving Steam soon. Mixed reviews so I have no idea if it's any good.

It’s a fine game. Not great, not terrible, very playable. If you liked Black Flag’s ship combat, this is that but jankier.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I've never played Freelancer so I went for what I know :v:

Taborcarn
Jan 8, 2020

Battle Santa
My rarest achievement is for being in the Early Access for Tabletopia. And it's probably going to stay that way.

My next rarest is from Pathfinder Kingmaker, where I made the mites, kobolds, and goblins all worship me. I didn't think that would be such a rare one.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Taintrunner posted:

Complete garbage felt like baby's first Black Flag clone, not losing anything really.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Why is it getting taken down tho?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Ive been a bad bad boy, I bought Vermintide 2.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mordja posted:

Why is it getting taken down tho?

Licensing agreement lapsed, it seems.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

lordfrikk posted:

I was certain that XCOM Chimera Squad would be my thing but it felt quite bland apart from the characters. The breach mechanic felt overdone even within the 2 hours I've played and the mission areas all felt incredibly tiny and samey. Also fighting mostly against humanoids seemed a bit meh, too.

It made me realize, though, that I prefer to nurture my own noname soldiers to godhood like in XCOM 1/2 instead of having premade characters with story which might have been the true reason why it didn't click with me in the end.
I really enjoyed Chimera Squad but they did really screw up on the progression. By only having faction missions you're stuck with
Fight Robots for 1/3
Fight Psychics for 1/3
Fight Mutons for 1/3

And you're sick to death of seeing whatever type you picked first by the time you beat it and get to try some of the others. They really should have you pick a faction and the 'story' missions use them but let the random side missions pick from all three pools.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Kanfy posted:

I don't see how, most people don't finish a game as long as BG2 in the first place and of those only a tiny minority do things like solo challenges in a party-based RPG.

Maybe you're right and I'm porbably underestimating the amount of people who buys games and never finish them, still sad this is my rarest achievement though.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Licensing agreement lapsed, it seems.

The game had promise but neves managed to look good enough, a pity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Holy cow! I couldn't smash the wishlist button hard enough.