Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ytlaya posted:

Would melt proc if you did a Venti or Sucrose ult, made it absorb Pyro, and then shot a charged Ganyu arrow into it? I'm guessing it would, though I'm a bit unclear on how the "same elements 'stick' to enemies better" thing works.

Yeah it should absolutely work that way. Once the burst absorbs pyro it should be constantly applying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, how are you guys getting such crazy number for damage? I'm happy if I see a 6k crit with Kequiq. I'm level 80 with her at AR5. Using a black sword at 70 and some gladiator 2p and electric dmg gear 2p

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
weapon levels matter more than character levels for damage, usually

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

today i slayed a white whale, or more realistically speaking a white whale's baby

the swap from his atk% sands with a sad little EM sub to this adds 22% more vape/melt damage though

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
OK, my interface-fu sucks. How do I turn these 300 geneists crystals to primos?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

today i slayed a white whale, or more realistically speaking a white whale's baby

the swap from his atk% sands with a sad little EM sub to this adds 22% more vape/melt damage though
Is EM really better than atk? As Diluc I'm not realistically vaporizing more than half of my hits.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

OK, my interface-fu sucks. How do I turn these 300 geneists crystals to primos?

you press the plus button next to the primo count, or just sit on them and you'll get a popup to automatically convert genesis when you run out of primos when buying fates

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

Is EM really better than atk? As Diluc I'm not realistically vaporizing more than half of my hits.

at the very least with WG it should be a reasonable tradeoff

my Diluc still has 2k atk while holding this and the WG proc is basically a +16 sands worth of atk% on top of my XQ who can burst off-cd being stapled to his hip.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Man, how are you guys getting such crazy number for damage? I'm happy if I see a 6k crit with Kequiq. I'm level 80 with her at AR5. Using a black sword at 70 and some gladiator 2p and electric dmg gear 2p

Elemental reactions, especially amping ones in the correct direction (hydro over pyro, pyro over cryo) provide the big numbers. It's how you get Mona/Childe huge crits. Amping ones in the other direction are smaller, but apply more frequently which is why Diluc might not have the biggest crits but he does so many of them in a row off of XQ's ult.

Also Ganyu is the current banner and they solved her potential lack of elemental reactions by making her numbers stupid. Xiao will probably be the same. Power creep is a thing.

Keqing isn't bad by any stretch but her damage doesn't come from that one huge infrequent hit. She's got good numbers on her charge attack and an ult that you fire off constantly. Keqing is my B-team carry currently and with an 80 Black Sword a single charged attack is normally ~7k.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Zhongli can gently caress off with his meet me at the top of this tall mountain quest lol. I hate climbing so much.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Zhongli can gently caress off with his meet me at the top of this tall mountain quest lol. I hate climbing so much.

At least it's the very final step of that quest.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So if I hate doing Ganyu’s quest where you have to run around shooting the barrels because I keep failing… I’m not going to like Ganyu right? I’ve never liked fps or shooting games and it’s just too hard.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
She can still be used as a Cryo support but yeah you probably won't enjoy trying to use her as a DPS.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mailer posted:

Elemental reactions, especially amping ones in the correct direction (hydro over pyro, pyro over cryo) provide the big numbers. It's how you get Mona/Childe huge crits. Amping ones in the other direction are smaller, but apply more frequently which is why Diluc might not have the biggest crits but he does so many of them in a row off of XQ's ult.

Also Ganyu is the current banner and they solved her potential lack of elemental reactions by making her numbers stupid. Xiao will probably be the same. Power creep is a thing.

Keqing isn't bad by any stretch but her damage doesn't come from that one huge infrequent hit. She's got good numbers on her charge attack and an ult that you fire off constantly. Keqing is my B-team carry currently and with an 80 Black Sword a single charged attack is normally ~7k.

It's worth noting that do to either of the Damage Multiplier reactions you will always need a Pyro character. Electro (ie: Keqing) does not have access to any such reactions either. It's just another part of Pyro being literally the best element for everything no matter what.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that dendro + electro reaction is gonna be sick tho

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If it's anything like the other Electro reactions, it'll do a burst of Dendro damage and lower Pyro resistance.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

that dendro + electro reaction is gonna be sick tho

Dendro + electro = insulation: take on less coldness on dragonspine and 10% resist to pyro

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Just get C6 Bennett and run Pyro Keqing.

This is actually a thing.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
What would be a thematic electro - dendro/plant reaction anyway?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I can't think of anything but lightning hitting a tree and starting a forest fire. Which is just Pyro again, but maybe that's okay?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Patch 1.4 notes: Fixed Electro by turning it into Pyro

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

looks like we should get the 1.3 info stream sometime Thursday, CN and JP announcements went up already

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Can anyone clue me in as to how I can get ganyu to these 25k+ crits? I just tried using both 4pc Blizzard Strayer and 4pc Wanderers, and for both of them I'm critting for ~14k-ish after a weakpoint hit.

Here are my stats with Wanderer's and Blizzard respectively:

Ganyu is c0 at lv80 with a lv80 r0 Prototype Crescent. All artifacts are 5-star lv16 artifacts in both sets (I also have +38%-ish cryo damage from an off-set cup). Her auto attack talent is at lv 8.

For the Wanderer's set since I wasn't getting the Blizzard crit rate bonuses I thought I'd go crit rate for the hat, and try for crit dmg substats. For the Blizzard set I have a crit dmg hat. Since it seems like the damage is comparable between the two, what would be the biggest unlock to get these insane damage numbers people are seeing? Just find better substats on artifacts?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is there a calculator where I can plug in crit rate/crit damage/attack to compare two weapons? I don't know if the skyward pride + crit% is better than the serpent spine + crit damage

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ThePineapple posted:

Can anyone clue me in as to how I can get ganyu to these 25k+ crits? I just tried using both 4pc Blizzard Strayer and 4pc Wanderers, and for both of them I'm critting for ~14k-ish after a weakpoint hit.

Here are my stats with Wanderer's and Blizzard respectively:

Ganyu is c0 at lv80 with a lv80 r0 Prototype Crescent. All artifacts are 5-star lv16 artifacts in both sets (I also have +38%-ish cryo damage from an off-set cup). Her auto attack talent is at lv 8.

For the Wanderer's set since I wasn't getting the Blizzard crit rate bonuses I thought I'd go crit rate for the hat, and try for crit dmg substats. For the Blizzard set I have a crit dmg hat. Since it seems like the damage is comparable between the two, what would be the biggest unlock to get these insane damage numbers people are seeing? Just find better substats on artifacts?

Biggest jump will probably just be getting your weapon to 90.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

padijun posted:

is there a calculator where I can plug in crit rate/crit damage/attack to compare two weapons? I don't know if the skyward pride + crit% is better than the serpent spine + crit damage

I can't vouch for the math being perfect, because I don't know enough about how the game works, but i've been using this one and it looks right to me https://genshinimpactcalculator.com/genshinCalc

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
lv90 weapon and +20 on artifacts. Consider the effect of gaining just 50 Base ATK and 7.9% ATK off your Sands (which is roughly what you'll often get from those two things). If you had 800 Base ATK before you'd go from 1093 ATK to 1246 ATK. At lv8 Ganyu's doing ~553% ATK with Frostflake shots so 6044 vs. 6890, throw in 150% Crit DMG and that's 15110 vs. 17225. Throw in the increase to Cryo DMG and presumably Crit DMG on the other pieces and you can see how those last few levels do add up, possibly to another 2-3k of damage.

That said, I don't think it takes you from 12k to 25k doing this, unless the people you're referencing have C1 or are using VV supports after the first Cryo application, or they're standing Ganyu in her and Bennett's overlapping Bursts or something. They may also have better substats than you though, that's where the bulk of the power's going to eventually be coming from.

padijun posted:

For which character?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Lechtansi posted:

I can't vouch for the math being perfect, because I don't know enough about how the game works, but i've been using this one and it looks right to me https://genshinimpactcalculator.com/genshinCalc

thanks, this works

Nakar posted:

For which character?

diluc, both weapons are 80/80, no refines. it looks like for my artifacts and level, serpent spine starts lower but outdamages skyward pride when 4-5 stacks are up, and cdmg is the better option for either weapon.

padijun fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 20, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
So has anyone been finding this hypostasis thing fun? I'm just catching up after the first one failed to entice me to keep doing them daily. The tryhard in me will eventually force me to suffer through it though.

I never liked the short and inconsistent vulnerability windows of the normal fights to begin with, even if they're not difficult in the open world. Combine that with badly telegraphed instakill attacks, and this is probably my least favorite one to date.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

So has anyone been finding this hypostasis thing fun? I'm just catching up after the first one failed to entice me to keep doing them daily. The tryhard in me will eventually force me to suffer through it though.

I never liked the short and inconsistent vulnerability windows of the normal fights to begin with, even if they're not difficult in the open world. Combine that with badly telegraphed instakill attacks, and this is probably my least favorite one to date.

I find it reasonably fun. I think they need an insta-retry button. If anything, it helps you learn the bosses inside and out. I maxxed the first one and the next day, and ensuing days, the pyro resist option kind of held me back because Klee is who I lean on most. For some reason it's less frustrating than Abyss, and more satisfying to pull off. You basically can't get hit at all, unless you have a shield up.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I just realized that AA combos chain smoothly between character swaps. I wonder how much extra damage you could squeeze out by swapping between two equally-kitted-out DPS characters every few seconds, compared to dashing/jumping to reset combos on a single character.

Next time I try the geo cube, I'm gonna see if swapping between Razor/Noelle to hit the pillars is faster than just dash cancelling with Noelle.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i fell off doing the event right away, would honestly chalk it up to the lack of a quick retry lol

i'm only planning to do the amount needed for a full event ladder clear though, the max point or even just 3500 or so seem beyond what i care to do. i suppose the fact that cubes are pretty bad bosses (no meaningful reactions, mostly you just whale on them with a carry) doesn't help. it does make me wonder how badly my setups are lagging behind though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just swapped my Razor from a Crit Rate 4* circlet to a Crit Dmg 5* one and oh my god this is what's been holding me back all game :psyduck:

I was lucky to see 8k damage on hillichurls a WL ago and now I'm doing 11k to level 89 circin mages!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

dogsicle posted:

i fell off doing the event right away, would honestly chalk it up to the lack of a quick retry lol

Yeah, I think this the biggest thing for me. I don't mind challenge, but I hate anything tedious that gets in the way of redoing. I don't understand how people can play things like Kaizo Mario without skipping death and reload sequences.

Also the fact that one set of consumables doesn't last long enough for two encounters but long enough that much of it goes to waste.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

gandlethorpe posted:

I like it conceptually, but the cubes are inherently kind of lovely as bosses due to long invincibility windows and their elemental inert-ness, and slightly tweaking their moves doesn't fix that.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
My strategy is basically turn everything on except pyro resistance (because Klee is my main) and crit damage reduction. Then I set the time at 5 and try it. If it's easyish I go for 3. That gets me in the 3000 range somewhere. I use Zhongli for his shields which are basically necessary imo. Other two don't matter as much, but I've been using Bennett and Xingqiu.

Other option is to use Mona if you have her leveled and just kill it in one mega burst.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The RNG of which moves they do is kinda annoying too. If it was a set rotation it'll be more fun to actually puzzle out rather than pray.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

After swapping and adjusting weapon and gear loadouts, I've been having some fun with the cube events. It also helps that I've found that it's the score combinations that matter (i.e. two 100 pt modifiers are better than either of the 200 pt modifiers) which helps me a lot since I play with basically zero-reaction teams. Learning the new patterns and countermeasures is fun but the timer and hp sinks wasn't.

Of course my Jean is hitting for 10k on a charged attack so your experience may be different.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ibblebibble posted:

The RNG of which moves they do is kinda annoying too. If it was a set rotation it'll be more fun to actually puzzle out rather than pray.

Some of them where I had the difficulty cranked just sat there for like 20 seconds after it started and I'm just like HURRY. UP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

gandlethorpe posted:

I think it's more fun with friends because of the random stuff, bugs, etc. that can happen. Also, it's an easy co-op achievement. Otherwise, solo is all about the optimal strategy. It's all about knowing the timing, learning the new attack pattern, having a stable internet connection to read all of the tells and whatnot, and forcing you to use a variety of characters. None of these cubes have 100% accurate damage attack, so everything is dodgable or avoidable.

Clearing them with minimal settings is really easy for 60 primogems, but maxxing each cube is definitely a whale challenge. Each max cube event requires a variety of characters to be beaten easily, though the current multipliers have allowed Hydro DPS units to cruise thus far since no Hydro DPS have been penalized. Ganyu/Amber are another unit that can attack the Cube with powerful charge shots while they are in the air, out of reach, but vulnerable; of course, they requires having/investing in this character. (Also Pyro and Cryo have been penalized at certain max events.)

S.J. posted:

Some of them where I had the difficulty cranked just sat there for like 20 seconds after it started and I'm just like HURRY. UP.

For some of the cubes, it could be an internet problem. Otherwise, I recommend staying in the circle where the key was until the cube start attacking.