Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

You should find a different group of people to play with if he doesnt give you wf lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah why dont you guys share loot? that sucks rear end i wouldnt want to play with them

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Playing Median XL for the first time. It owns. Hit 121 with a Summon Barb in a couple days. :black101:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
How very coop

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=60020

Who's gonna join me?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1350821247228268546

:wtf: It's not everyday one sees a Barbarian from D2X.

Apparently +10 to battle orders, +10 to battle command, +5 to howl etc.

Only level 1 spear mastery however.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

why the gently caress would you post that here?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

In the abstract (outside of politics) there was a remarkable synchronicity between that guy and the barbarian appearance/ethos found in the game and lore. It was remarkably uncanny.

PS For the record I'm not endorsing QAnon, MAGA terrorists and/or insurrectionists.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Devonaut posted:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Most importantly, the Q Anon shaman guy is more in-line with the Diablo 2 druid than the barbarian. Dude's decked out in animal skins and furs.

Barbarians have a cloth kilt and boots. You can equip heavy plate armor and it looks like just that; metal plate armor. He never has any animal skins draped over himself no matter what kind of armor you equip.

Both the druid and the barbarian have class-exclusive helms with horns in them. That's the only point I can't contend.

edit: if he died during the guided tour of the capitol building, would the trump shaman have a chance to drop Wolfhowl? That's explicitly barb loot.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 22, 2021

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Most importantly, the Q Anon shaman guy is more in-line with the Diablo 2 druid than the barbarian. Dude's decked out in animal skins and furs.

Barbarians have a cloth kilt and boots. You can equip heavy plate armor and it looks like just that; metal plate armor. He never has any animal skins draped over himself no matter what kind of armor you equip.

Both the druid and the barbarian have class-exclusive helms with horns in them. That's the only point I can't contend.

edit: if he died during the guided tour of the capitol building, would the trump shaman have a chance to drop Wolfhowl? That's explicitly barb loot.

Devonaut posted:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So why ain't y'all playing Project D2 yet? I kinda hit a wall, 84 with my barb and 80 or 81 with my zon, both are fairly useless and I need better gear

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
There's about a month left in the season, and it seems like most players have realized that there isn't anything to do once you gear out an mf (or dclone hunter) character, and stopped playing. What's the point in farming loot if there isn't really a pvp scene, and it's all going to be gone in 5 weeks anyway?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

codo27 posted:

So why ain't y'all playing Project D2 yet?

Activision-Blizzard hosed my install and I no longer have the original discs. :negative:

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
I think you're supposed to use the battle.net downloader installer, and not the disc one anyway

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

lDDQD posted:

I think you're supposed to use the battle.net downloader installer, and not the disc one anyway

Project D2 is a mod, is it not? B.net installer forces latest version, and the mods are usually based on a version one or two back.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

Project D2 is a mod, is it not? B.net installer forces latest version, and the mods are usually based on a version one or two back.

it auto-unpatches

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh. :awesome: I will absolutely check it out when I get off work in a few days.

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill
:spooky:

BonerKid fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 29, 2022

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

codo27 posted:

So why ain't y'all playing Project D2 yet? I kinda hit a wall, 84 with my barb and 80 or 81 with my zon, both are fairly useless and I need better gear

I've been playing. No one else is as far as I can tell. I have a group of 3 other dudes that I play with though and we regularly farm maps and stuff together 3-4 days a week

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the addition of the trade site has been pretty great and I feel like there's enough new skills and builds that it's really fun to roll new characters and try to optimize them. hoping the next season brings some more endgame stuff and some more interesting builds.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Poe released their best league in a long time and everyone swapped to that. Pd2 had a great first season, I'm sure the next one will improve things even more. Hopefully they go a bit further with endgame. No real incentive to run maps at the moment.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I'm waiting on next ladder to really go all out on PD2. Got my full trang'oul's a while ago, which was my goal. No vampire form, but honestly, despite how cool it looked, it never was any good.

Might start as a hammerdin holy bolt paladin (depending on if they're still relevant) next ladder. Never really tried one yet.

LordOfTheNoobs fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 24, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im playing a holy bolt pally and it's pretty cool. still questing through NM tho. last time I played D2 was 1.10 so this is a big departure from that.

i wish there was a duel league or something though. but nowadays the items are so crazy that idk if that's even workable. Back in the day I played in a league called 76 Legit (due to white rings being level 77 req?) and it was super fun, it was also the era where you could build a good pvp guy with a handful of SOJs worth a gear, and the returns from being Perfectly Slotted were pretty minimal and easily compensated for by Being Good At The Game.

Owned a fuckload of people with max DR bone and poison necro. NOthing more rewarding than getting a huge ball of bone spirits chasing a bowazon, getting close enough to hit em with the prison and then BLAMMO, overkilled. also killing barbs by running around spamming poison nova and slowly killing them lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
long live palapk/1 for thrilling zealot duels. i made a 4 frame zeal concadin with a fury phaseblade who was loving badass. there was also a regular on there who ran defiance who i will never forget. gently caress all smiters in palapk, btw.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Smythe posted:

long live palapk/1 for thrilling zealot duels. i made a 4 frame zeal concadin with a fury phaseblade who was loving badass. there was also a regular on there who ran defiance who i will never forget. gently caress all smiters in palapk, btw.
Zealadins are the best. I always made a hammerdin for botting, smiter for ubers, blizzard sorc for manual MF with nothing but +MF gear for 800+ MF and a Zealadin for manual MF/key runs that are way more fun and less tedious.

Sometimes I’d even just make a Zealer with a few points in smiter skills, enough to do ubers just fine, or just use tokens to switch back and forth whenever I’m rich enough, since they can use pretty much the same gear. I think I used an eth Breath of the Dying zerk axe with an eth bugged Exile vortex, or a HoZ/HoJ until I could afford them.

Even as a hardcore minmax machine, I can’t resist making one every season. All the wealth generated by my money printing machines were essentially used to support my Zealer(and/or my brother’s javazon). You know, builds that are actually fun to play(but require absurdly expensive gear to be viable in the javazon’s case).

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
What are some fun classes/builds that are insanely powerful that require ridiculously valuable gear? I need something to use the massive wealth that I accumulate, simply to give it all purpose to motivate me, if anything else.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Laslow posted:

What are some fun classes/builds that are insanely powerful that require ridiculously valuable gear? I need something to use the massive wealth that I accumulate, simply to give it all purpose to motivate me, if anything else.

Brand/Delirium Strafer. You won't necessarily kill the fastest but you will NEVER DIE. Confuse breaks the game. Also, whooshwooshwooshwhooshwhooshwoosh.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Is there a game better than diablo 2 yet? If so I don't want to know

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I loved d2 but you have Stockholm syndrome at this point

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I haven't played it in years

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is there a decent rundown on the plugins and stuff for the modern diablo2 player? like, whats the story with plugY? some guy said it works on this server but if you put items in the lower third of the super stash it gets deleted ??? wtf?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
which server, pd2? You can use plugy in single player but not multi. there's no way to get stash pages in multi and unfortunately it sounds like there won't be

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gone Fashing posted:

which server, pd2? You can use plugy in single player but not multi. there's no way to get stash pages in multi and unfortunately it sounds like there won't be

yea pd2.

super sucks that there's no QOL stuff then. feels so sucky to not have a shared stash and stuff in 2021. how do people mule items? muling items anymore? hosed up.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
same as it ever was, but games take like a minute (maybe less?) to perm now so it's slightly less painful
that or they play on one of the private servers, i think some have fatter stashes etc

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
I self mule all the time by hanging out in a game for more than 5 minutes. Pretty safe as long as the servers don't take a poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thanks all!

I was in a game yesterday, my first trade, buying a HoBL, and the guy in there was super friendly and hooked me up with all sorts of gear, so now my guy is like fully slotted other than skillers and enimga, things of that nature. but he was able to peep my gear and give replacements. I remember being able to do this with maphack back in the day, so I guess there's still a way to do that. Not that im interested in maphack really, but im just thinking there's a load of tools and plugins that seasoned players got. like when i play UO after all these years it's like basically known that you gotta run 20 different plugins and assist programs and poo poo on the side lol. old game stuff.

e: also when i watch ppl on twitch they have a POE style loot filter. i see the pd2 launcher has a "coming soon" loot filter thing but apparently ppl sideload this somehow

Smythe fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 15, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this poo poo also gave me a flashback to when i was playing in 76 legit and after months and months of pindlebot / shopbot etc poo poo i finally fully slotted my experimental pvp elemental druid. 10 skill gcs, the works. then i got banned literally 10 mins after i muled his epic gear over to him and flexed like goku.

crazy to think i think i made most of my sojs shopbotting high ed cruels lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Smythe posted:

thanks all!

I was in a game yesterday, my first trade, buying a HoBL, and the guy in there was super friendly and hooked me up with all sorts of gear, so now my guy is like fully slotted other than skillers and enimga, things of that nature. but he was able to peep my gear and give replacements. I remember being able to do this with maphack back in the day, so I guess there's still a way to do that. Not that im interested in maphack really, but im just thinking there's a load of tools and plugins that seasoned players got. like when i play UO after all these years it's like basically known that you gotta run 20 different plugins and assist programs and poo poo on the side lol. old game stuff.

e: also when i watch ppl on twitch they have a POE style loot filter. i see the pd2 launcher has a "coming soon" loot filter thing but apparently ppl sideload this somehow

there's a lot of QoL stuff in pd2 that isnt well documented. when you're in town, hover your cursor over someone and hit the zero key (not the one on the numpad). that'll show you their gear.

also re: loot filters i'd recommend downloading kryszard's from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kryszard-POD/Kryszard-s-PD2-Loot-Filter/main/item.filter all you do is replace the contents of default.filter in your PD2 directory with the text in this file. then hit ctrl+R or just relaunch the game.

Gone Fashing fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 15, 2021