Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

WampaLord posted:

which is absolutely not having any negative consequences!

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2...-stimulus-plan/
i want to believe but wtf is mediaite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

asking my wife to fingerprint approve my apple pay purchase on shirtoid so i can look like a real baws on my next zoom meeting

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

0 rows returned posted:

cant wait for the first blackwater massacre on american soil

you can't do imperialism the same way we do it in iraq in america. iraqi insurgents didn't have access to american politicians and infrastructure as targets; its a very different game to do this stuff domestically

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

smarxist posted:

asking my wife to fingerprint approve my apple pay purchase on shirtoid so i can look like a real baws on my next zoom meeting

I made this joke in 2010 to make a mockatar for someone and it was stupid then

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9MELDeS5o

kinda hype for new Adam Curtis since his documentaries do a better job of breaking through to normies than any book or long form article they won't read

BBC's next up video is pretty apt too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fapuc9JdEgo

British John Goodman!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I remember when people were making fun of Trump and his constant attempts to cash in on his lame brand.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1351875836090208257?s=19

Hahaha

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
ha so many dead and no one will care because the drat cheeto man is gone.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They are really daring the economy to just implode, explode, collapse, or cease to exist.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

$2000 checks day one = $1200 checks in march, maybe?

wow democrates are speedrunning their classic "ineffectual despite holding all the cards" strategy. i'm getting whiplash

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Relin posted:

i want to believe but wtf is mediaite

It's a niche media company founded by an MSNBC that mostly only reports on other media companies with a POV that's somehow often left of most liberals. I think there's a non-profit that does the same thing with the same tone but I can't remember its name

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thrad

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/BBCJonSopel/status/1351854176993763329?s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

smarxist posted:

ahahahahahahahahahah

Oppenheimer huh

I bet he can trace his family's roots in Argentina all the way back to immediately after the Allies took Berlin.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

readingatwork posted:

https://twitter.com/ModrisJZ/status/1351601960361848833?s=20

This is some Correct the Record poo poo right? I refuse to believe that there are this many people so terminally corncobbed that they would eagerly argue against themselves getting bigger checks.

I think it's real

It is true that 6 + 14 = 20. So therefore they can argue with someone an undeniable fact and be right, which is important. It's part of Fact Checking and Trusting Science.

Nevermind that people know when they're being lied to or sold a bill of goods, nevermind that Trump gave people more and that in order to fulfill his promise, Biden needed to rely on work Trump did. The fact is that $600 + $1400 does add up to $2000. Also ignore that $1200 + $600 +$200 adds up to $2000.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

making me root for a 2024 resurgence

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

nevermind that Trump gave people more and that in order to fulfill his promise, Biden needed to rely on work Trump did. The fact is that $600 + $1400 does add up to $2000. Also ignore that $1200 + $600 +$200 adds up to $2000.

lol trump is the only reason you are getting $1200 at all. Biden worked behind the scenes to get rid of any talk of direct payments. it was only after Trump came out and said "WTF $600 sucks give them $2000 you cheapskates" that $2000 checks were on the table

of course they are not giving you the full $2000, Biden never wanted you to have any money

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

just reply to the math explainers that 1800 > 1400 without comment

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

organizing a neoliberal protest march at one of those mile-long food bank lines explaining that 1400 + 600 = 2000 #IFuckingLoveMath

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the really hosed thing about the dems isn't that they blatantly lie to your face because that's p normal in politics, it's that they expect you to be thankful for it and if you're not they explode in rage

just complete psychopath behavior

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1351764003618484233?s=20

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Look, theyre the good guys. The good ones.

I didnt get duped.

Mention it in uspol and eat a probe tho ofc.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the democrat party is an abusive boyfriend who beats you up, then turns into mr.nice for a day and promises never to do it again

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i dont understand what this means vaccine money plus direct payments next week sounds like a covid deal

are they not actually expecting that to pass and just expecting us to be impressed that they tried despite their already admitting they didnt think it would work

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think it's real

It is true that 6 + 14 = 20. So therefore they can argue with someone an undeniable fact and be right, which is important. It's part of Fact Checking and Trusting Science.

Nevermind that people know when they're being lied to or sold a bill of goods, nevermind that Trump gave people more and that in order to fulfill his promise, Biden needed to rely on work Trump did. The fact is that $600 + $1400 does add up to $2000. Also ignore that $1200 + $600 +$200 adds up to $2000.

the reason why people defend the 1,400 dollar checks so vehemently is because it's attached to the accusation that The Democrats Lied To You

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
I wish I drank the koolaid to act so excited that Trump is going like in the Trump thread but all I can see is what's coming next.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

the reason why people defend the 1,400 dollar checks so vehemently is because it's attached to the accusation that The Democrats Lied To You

that too

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mostly Lurking posted:

I wish I drank the koolaid to act so excited that Trump is going like in the Trump thread but all I can see is what's coming next.

lol trump isnt going anywhere. he is starting his own american nazi party because the republicans are not sycophantic enough. 4 years of Weimar Joe will only make the issues worse

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the worst part of the 1400+600 thing is that they're taking credit for the 600, something that Trump and the Republicans did. The dems didn't do anything for that 600. They let themselves be talked down for gently caress's sake!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Rutibex posted:

the democrat party is an abusive boyfriend who beats you up, then turns into mr.nice for a day and promises never to do it again

i think theyre more like a verbally abusive girlfriend who makes long term promises always just far enough in the future she doesnt need to do anything

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rutibex posted:

lol trump isnt going anywhere. he is starting his own american nazi party because the republicans are not sycophantic enough. 4 years of Weimar Joe will only make the issues worse

I liked the Chris Hedges roast comparing the Sleepy Joe admin to the failed Van Papen admin in Weimar republic Germany.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

the worst part of the 1400+600 thing is that they're taking credit for the 600, something that Trump and the Republicans did. The dems didn't do anything for that 600. They let themselves be talked down for gently caress's sake!

this is the party they see as a victory. it was working with the repiblicans you see.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At 12PM noon today the liberal media and Succ will be coming out of the walls.

I'm glad the US was saved by electing a guy who failed in the first primary states and picked someone for VP who didn't even get a single Dem primary vote.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

etalian posted:

At 12PM noon today the liberal media and Succ will be coming out of the walls.

I'm glad the US was saved by electing a guy who failed in the first primary states and picked someone for VP who didn't even get a single Dem primary vote.

democrats don't believe in democracy, they believe in "meritocracy"

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Also if democrats still cant shut up about THEIR THREE TRILLION DOLLAR BILL from May that the evil senate wouldn't vote on what is the reason we can't hold a medicare for all vote again?

I mean if we are going to sit around acting smug knowing that we pushed forward morally good bills that have no chance of passing the senate why stop at taking months of victory laps on a coronavirus bill they knew had no chance of passing.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Monowhatever posted:

this is the party they see as a victory. it was working with the repiblicans you see.

the liberal goal is always to demonstrate how Reasonable they are

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1351892420619808768?s=20

Oops

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ouch my face!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

but enough about this there's a dang cheeto in the white house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's going to be quite a ride watching libs justify their own abuse and betrayal for 4 years as totally not being owned and please don't put it in the paper that we got owned