Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

justcola posted:

It's only been released for an hour or so, so I'm not giving them too harder time yet. Would have been nice if all the carry over was smoother or it saved progress but I can hang on a day or two. I tried logging into Hitman 1 to register that on my IOI account but haven't received the email yet, so I think their servers must be making GBS threads themselves

There's also a massive artifact on the startup screen on a ps4 where it looks like its been saved as a 56kb gif or something.

Hitman 2077
Also on the opening cinematic they have messed up pretty bad with some horrible graininess and banding on the blacks, which I guess are going to be repeated throughout. It's honestly diabolical. The game itself looks good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

How much are the access passes for the Hitman 1 and 2 levels?

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

saber45 posted:

How much are the access passes for the Hitman 1 and 2 levels?

Hitman GOTY - $30
Hitman 2 - $12
Hitman 2 Expansions - $8
Hitman 2 Gold - $20

With current discounts, in USD.

Hitman 1 is free if you buy the game in the next ten days however.

edit - I was strongly considering just rebuying H2 on Epic but 20 for something I already own is WAY too rich for my blood. Yet another irksome IOI mess today.

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 20, 2021

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
If anybody can figure out how to put away an item in PSVR without having to switch to the Camera then try to drop that, i would be eternally grateful. I can't figure it out to save my rear end. Shooting is not bad but I'm definitely gonna be playing on Casual in VR because its real awkward and I'm getting my rear end kicked because this is an entirely different way of playing and I have yet to become used to it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DourCricket posted:

Hitman GOTY - $30
Hitman 2 - $12
Hitman 2 Expansions - $8
Hitman 2 Gold - $20

Hitman 1 is free if you buy the game in the next ten days however.

edit - I was strongly considering just rebuying H2 on Epic but 20 for something I already own is WAY too rich for my blood. Yet another irksome IOI mess today.

This is only on EGS - on consoles, the passes are their respective MSRPs. Hitman 2 is $60, Expansions is $40, 2 Gold is $100.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Wait, The Constant just "got away" and restarted Providence? :wtf:

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

Pillbug

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Wait, The Constant just "got away" and restarted Providence? :wtf:

this happened in the cutscene after the New York DLC level

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never bought the dlc for 2 and the price of those didn't really drop much. does this include the resort and bank? because that would be a much cheaper way of playing those levels even though i already own 2.

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

This is only on EGS - on consoles, the passes are their respective MSRPs. Hitman 2 is $60, Expansions is $40, 2 Gold is $100.

Wow, thats an expensive entry point to play the older levels with more shiny graphics.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351907620769177608

At least they're communicating about all this. They're handling it well so far.

saber45 posted:

Wow, thats an expensive entry point to play the older levels with more shiny graphics.

If you own the old games on the same platform though they're a free update. I believe HM2 levels on PC are still incoming.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

God if only someone could have predicted that people would want to use their dumbass system to log in and move their unlocks over. There was no way to know how many people that might though so this was totally unforseen.

Jesus christ I am so sick of incompetent launches.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

A third party system for an always online singleplayer game so you can carry over a clown outfit and a fish is a bit baroque, though being able to play all the other maps in the third sequel to a game is a nice addition. Just would have been better if they communicated the process better and maybe had some of this stuff available 2 days ago when all the game data was downloaded without the new maps unlocking.

Hopefully we can play all the hitman maps in the new james bond game anyway ;)

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Chief Savage Man posted:

this happened in the cutscene after the New York DLC level

I missed that one! I only wrapped up Hitman 2 a few weeks ago.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I don't envy IOI trying to pull off this integration/cross-licensing between three games that span three different publishers, two console generations and two PC storefronts. It was always going to be a mess :v:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

amazon not giving any indication they're even remotely close to shipping my pre-order.

My hunch is the $50 price they had last week was a mistake.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351907620769177608

At least they're communicating about all this. They're handling it well so far.
I mean it was completely avoidable by having the transfer website open up a day earlier or something. Being transparent about fixing an issue that was entirely predictable and self inflicted isn't handling the progression transfer at all. At least they are aware I suppose.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

Pillbug

Chief Savage Man posted:

If anybody can figure out how to put away an item in PSVR without having to switch to the Camera then try to drop that, i would be eternally grateful. I can't figure it out to save my rear end. Shooting is not bad but I'm definitely gonna be playing on Casual in VR because its real awkward and I'm getting my rear end kicked because this is an entirely different way of playing and I have yet to become used to it.

apparently so i've learned from a reddit user who had to be a dickhead about it that you move it towards the circle that gets bigger at the bottom center of the screen and i missed this tutorialization. just in case I'm not the only one who missed this

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Flayer posted:

I mean it was completely avoidable by having the transfer website open up a day earlier or something. Being transparent about fixing an issue that was entirely predictable and self inflicted isn't handling the progression transfer at all. At least they are aware I suppose.

Yeah, I guess I mean that they're handling it well by communicating and not just going silent while everyone struggles. Whether online always is appropriate for a singleplayer game (it isn't) and the omnishambles around how to actually transfer your data is another matter.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

Pillbug
I guess I've lived through enough hyped game launches where the game clearly has fundamental problems that won't be easily patched or fixed that this kinda stuff doesn't bother me anymore. But I do wish I could confidently recommend buying the game to somebody.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

DourCricket posted:

Somehow I was expecting the H2 content to get lowered from the initial price since that's how the H1 GOTY content worked once H2 was out.

Buuuuuut.... nope. the whole package is listed at $100/€100. I guess they're gonna keep it that way for at least a while after launch - probably until sometime after the Steam release, because that stuff is probably still selling okay.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

All these morons acting like they've never seen servers hammered on a release day. Y'all need to calm down.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Zaffy posted:

All these morons acting like they've never seen servers hammered on a release day. Y'all need to calm down.

I would like to calm down by playing some Hitman, but, well,

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

DourCricket posted:

Hitman GOTY - $30
Hitman 2 - $12
Hitman 2 Expansions - $8
Hitman 2 Gold - $20

:laffo:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Zaffy posted:

To tell you how badly this launch has gone you can be top 60 on the global leaderboard with a score of 0 on the first level. It's not really that many people trying to play.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
On Xbone:

I caved in and bought the deluxe edition of 3 because I owned the previous games and stuff but never played them. I logged into make sure everything was downloaded for tonight, but it's telling me there's a $30 access pass for Hitman 1 I need to purchase... WTF?

The Hitman 1 stuff in Hitman 2 seems to work just fine.

I may try to see if linking my account fixes it later but I might do a refund as I didn't want to spontaneously spend $100+ for Hitmans today.

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 20, 2021

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol welp so much for playing this today. Guess I'll watch inauguration stuff instead.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ketchup vs catsup posted:

amazon not giving any indication they're even remotely close to shipping my pre-order.

My hunch is the $50 price they had last week was a mistake.

Hitman 3 no longer showing up on amazon search results for me.

something's afoot!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

ghostinmyshell posted:

On Xbone:

I caved in and bought the deluxe edition of 3 because I owned the previous games and stuff but never played them. I logged into make sure everything was downloaded for tonight, but it's telling me there's a $30 access pass for Hitman 1 I need to purchase... WTF?

I may try to see if linking my account fixes it later but I might do a refund as I didn't want to spontaneously spend $100+ for Hitmans today.

I think with consoles you need to launch Hitman 2 with Hitman 1 installed. It should then carry everything over from 1 to 2.
From there, Hitman 3 can detect your Hitman 2 content (which includes Hitman 1).

Yes, it is convoluted and shouldn't be like this.

A big part of the issue is that Hitman 1 progression (separate from the levels) couldn't be transferred from 1 to 2.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I think with consoles you need to launch Hitman 2 with Hitman 1 installed. It should then carry everything over from 1 to 2.
From there, Hitman 3 can detect your Hitman 2 content (which includes Hitman 1).

Yes, it is convoluted and shouldn't be like this.

A big part of the issue is that Hitman 1 progression (separate from the levels) couldn't be transferred from 1 to 2.

I'm fine with losing progress, I just don't want to buy content again. I'll try that later, thanks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Two questions.

1) Is the Requiem pack stuff not included in the Access Passes?
2) Where does the Blue Streak suit come from?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Am I reading it wrong or can all the Classics (SASO, Sniper Assassin etc) now be done on any difficulty without any distinction? Seems like you can unlock everything in the game on Casual difficulty. Takes a lot of the challenge out right there.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Flayer posted:

It would have also helped if I could have played the game at midnight on the launch day instead of at 1pm. Who would have guessed a worldwide simultaneous launch would have issues?

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
"No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found."

And I'm logged into the right account. It even shows all the games. :shrug:

Guess more waiting is in order. gently caress.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Why the gently caress didn’t they just let us run this transfer thing a week ago? The game didn’t need to be out to do it. I don’t want to wipe my save by doing this later.

I am able to log in but it says I only own Hitman 2 on their webpage, not the expansion pass or 1. The Hitman 2 client says I own 1 and the 2 expansions but doesn’t have an option to claim the 2 pass. Then the transfer website says I don’t have anything.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Lollerich posted:

"No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found."

And I'm logged into the right account. It even shows all the games. :shrug:

Guess more waiting is in order. gently caress.

Pretty sure you need to add Hitman 3 to your IOI account for it to show up. But I can't actually get to the site when I click on the link email to test it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm probably not gonna bother with the progress transfer because I assume the only good suits (mascot, clown, classic black) will be unlockable again :v:

Same

I also legit enjoyed doing the challenges and see no reason not to run through them again??

That one escalation to get the gold drug dealer pistol in Columbia was so good

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Is anyone else still getting frame tearing on a Gsync monitor + card? My 1080TI is putting out 80-120FPS in Dubai, but the v-sync issues persist.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Got through the VR tutorial before it kicked me for lack of being able to contact the server (lol). Pretty neat from what I got to play of it. Everything's very simplified, you punch by holding a button and punching with your controller. You aim through scopes by holding the controller up to your eye.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Drug Dealer 47 is becoming one of my favorite sequences in the series very quickly.

Do you like drugs..? I got some.
Hey! You want to get stoned, like me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Got through the VR tutorial before it kicked me for lack of being able to contact the server (lol). Pretty neat from what I got to play of it. Everything's very simplified, you punch by holding a button and punching with your controller. You aim through scopes by holding the controller up to your eye.

Where does that tutorial take place? Is it the usual simulated boat one or something different?

VR sounds like tons of fun and it'd be immense squandered potential if it doesn't end up on PC down the road.