Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Flayer posted:

Am I reading it wrong or can all the Classics (SASO, Sniper Assassin etc) now be done on any difficulty without any distinction? Seems like you can unlock everything in the game on Casual difficulty. Takes a lot of the challenge out right there.

nothing is hard with the shock phone in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

poverty goat posted:

they have taken out the shock phone

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Hamelekim posted:

Pretty sure you need to add Hitman 3 to your IOI account for it to show up. But I can't actually get to the site when I click on the link email to test it.
All three games show up in my account. I guess the carry over thing is just still hosed.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Amazon: "wanna buy Cyberpunk 2077? here!"

also Amazon: "Hitman...3? Never heard of it."

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Amazon: "wanna buy Cyberpunk 2077? here!"

also Amazon: "Hitman...3? Never heard of it."

I burned some gift cards on this game and they haven't even shipped it yet.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol how are the account servers still down 2 hours later

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

I burned some gift cards on this game and they haven't even shipped it yet.

random folks on twitter saying they're not planning on shipping till March.

the strange thing to me is the game no longer shows up in search results.

I've seen plenty of product pages without buying links, but never a game disappearing on release day.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

poverty goat posted:

Yeah, the Electrocution Phone (and to a lesser extent the Sieker) do trivialize many of the SO challenges in the game. Definitely started the slide into completely OP items with the release of the H2 DLC levels.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm guessing the technology to do this is still decades away but can you make the game start without bringing up the launcher like you could on steam? :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Might just start the PS5 version and not bother with the progression carryover--I barely did anything in that version of H2 anyway.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Lol, finally got into my account and now the transfer site is saying that I don't have Hitman2. Wonderful.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Lol, finally got into my account and now the transfer site is saying that I don't have Hitman2. Wonderful.

Yeah, that's happening to pretty much everyone right now, welcome to the elite.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
They're using the same IT infrastructure as Milton-Fitzpatrick.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Nice

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hope they fix their IT issues by tonight. They could have allowed the carryover to happen weeks ago if all we have to do is use a website.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Setting aside the progression transfer, what are disc-based console Hitman 2 owners supposed to do? I think I am supposed to be claiming my transfer pass via the Hitman 2 menu, but there is nothing there. Surely adding a tile for that is not dependent on this website? There’s just nothing there.

I’m worried that I should have just bought the $15 discounted digital hitman 2.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Looks like they changed the carryover site from "your IOI account eventually fails to load" to "just make the API return an empty array while we figure this out."

Progress!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Probably everybody knows this by now but

quote:

– If you want to carryover progress into HITMAN 3 on PC (Epic), you will need to have launched either HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 3 before doing so. This will create a profile for you on that platform.

https://profile.hitman.com/

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oh good it's not just me that is having trouble carrying over my progress. Hey Hitman thread, it's been a while I'm so hyped for this poo poo.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Well, not going to play much more until they fix their website and I have some idea what's happening with Hitman 2 owners, but in the meantime here's a SASO run I did for Dubai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPlBSKIx0o4

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Game looks great on the PS5 by the way. At least the few minutes of Dubai I managed to see before I stopped.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Has anyone got their Hitman 2 profile to show up on the site or is it just busted for everyone?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

repiv posted:

Has anyone got their Hitman 2 profile to show up on the site or is it just busted for everyone?

Still broken, 5 hours after launch

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The site is a broken nightmare I'm just gonna play tomorrow.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

Game looks great on the PS5 by the way. At least the few minutes of Dubai I managed to see before I stopped.

Yeah same. It's a hell of a view, and the wind effect on your clothes is very nice. But I'll wait until I get my unlocks, and the PS4 version finishes downloading so i can try some VR.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
It might help if people share which platform they are busted on. I think xbox, and ps owners have different issues than the PC gamer gods.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

PlayStation for me.

Progress(?): the site isn't accessible again and showing a 502 error.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I got to the "target account" section but then the Epic account wasn't there

edit:

quote:

Figured it out thanks to a comment on reddit.

Log out of IoI’s website.
Go to the login page again, and there will be an option to sign-in with Epic.
Use that option to link the accounts.
That will allow you to link your Epic account on your IOI account.
so this links your epic to your IOI account which you need to do first

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 20, 2021

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

PS5 for me, but going to the site on my mac also doesn't work so I think it's just IOI's servers getting hosed

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Managed to finish Dubai. Good map generally, it's a little annoying crossing between the two "halves" though.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

More progress, it now hangs on "loading accounts"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol just realized their plan to have a global simultaneous release was maybe not the best solution to the problem of making sure their servers worked

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Things actually seem to be getting worse, loaded up the PS4 version to try some VR and it can't connect to the Hitman server at all. On the PS5 version earlier I could at least get to the main menu and open the website for the carryover thing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god, some of these challenges in Dubai... what? "Eliminate both targets with a single bullet using a sniper rifle." How do you even get them in the same room? :psyduck:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The site recognizes my Hitman 2 profile now, but there's nothing to export to because I haven't logged into Hitman 3 (because that doesn't work)

it's progress at least

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

so I was able to select my account, start the export... and it failed

it's slowly getting there, I guess

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

marktheando posted:

PS5 for me, but going to the site on my mac also doesn't work so I think it's just IOI's servers getting hosed

I think they might have taken parts down until they sort poo poo out on the backend this is their last twitter post:
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351907620769177608

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Arist posted:

Oh my god, some of these challenges in Dubai... what? "Eliminate both targets with a single bullet using a sniper rifle." How do you even get them in the same room? :psyduck:

Usually means there's a specific scripted event to cause it. There were similar things in hitman 2.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

All the Americans will be coming online now and trying to play Hitman since the inauguration is over, so probably less likely to get online now than earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Arist posted:

there must be an opportunity to do this at some point, maybe in later playthroughs?