Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I can believe a scav run like that could have a 90ish% survival rate. My scav is at something like 78% and I scav customs almost exclusively. Woods is much larger and less linear, if you're a good sneak and especially if you're adept at running nights it shouldn't be too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

sum posted:

Wow it turns out adding the military-designed weapons literally designed to be effective against armored personnel at short/short-intermediate ranges has broken the meta of our game where 90% of fights happen at 50 meters or less. Who would have guessed.

Also I've come up with a stash/loot run of Woods that has pretty much removed the challenge of the game. I'm extracting ~90% of the time averaging like 700k rubles a run. I'm running around with thermals and class 6 armor just for giggles now.

A few nights ago the group I was in literally fought like 7 or 8 PMC in a row across 4 raids, all with 9mm vectors lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
hm going to say im ok with the meta being fun smgs instead of v expensive m4s for a change

sum
Nov 15, 2010

The Vector is fun if you're not the one getting death rayed by it, especially since the RPM is so high the time to kill is often smaller than your ping. If they bumped the vertical recoil to higher than two or whatever it is and maybe increased the erg penalty for the larger mags it'd be fine.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I could probably run a lap or two around new woods in a raid and see a player like every other raid, I haven't learned the stashes but it's super easy to avoid spawns and the sound of shots and spot people from really far away. The expansion made it feel like Shoreline II which is not a bad vibe for a map.

Edit: If one of you GL'd my team when we opened the first floor door into three story dorms today you can SMDFTB, also I needed a good laugh so thank you. I actually ran back towards bus depot and got killed by a naked pistol boi since I had about 45 HP

Cage Kicker fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 20, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
not going to pretend like i played this out perfectly either but lmao how do you not win this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmgb7ZRrQeA

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

not going to pretend like i played this out perfectly either but lmao how do you not win this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmgb7ZRrQeA

The panic firing was so real. Turns out shooting randomly into a bush is not the best method to use with a mosin.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I looked away after the first kill thinking that was it, did not expect #2 and #3 to gently caress up like that as well.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
its truly shocking they didnt push when their friend died, when they heard me healing or after they threw a flashbang. if they had both just ran in at any of those three moments i wouldve died lol i feel like i win an inordinate amount of fights thru people just not pushing

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Paralysis of decision is a real thing in Tarkov that I struggle with pretty much every raid. It's not caused by gear fear. I have it if I'm a pistoling or am a thicc gearlord. I just hate dying and the fear of screwing up and then dying can sometimes make me act like them. Just too nervous to push. In my case I usually sit in a bush and wait for the situation to develop.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm getting tired of looking for a ledx and wish I could just craft one

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Same.

That stupid quest has been blocking me for over a week now.

I refuse to go to Labs to try to look for one.

So it's shoreline or interchange and both are just awful for ledx.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone have recommendations for decent Youtube Tarkov content creators, other than Pestily? I need some videos to download and watch while i'm at work or out for a walk. I picked up Youtube Premium trial and would like a few videos a day to get my Tarkov fix while i'm unable to play as much.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

My lukewarm take is that aside from The Collector and maybe some of the Ragman items, you should be able to craft everything you need FIR for quests.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ice Fist posted:

Paralysis of decision is a real thing in Tarkov that I struggle with pretty much every raid. It's not caused by gear fear. I have it if I'm a pistoling or am a thicc gearlord. I just hate dying and the fear of screwing up and then dying can sometimes make me act like them. Just too nervous to push. In my case I usually sit in a bush and wait for the situation to develop.

pushing is v powerful always push

https://i.imgur.com/Oftn9bQ.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Anyone have recommendations for decent Youtube Tarkov content creators, other than Pestily? I need some videos to download and watch while i'm at work or out for a walk. I picked up Youtube Premium trial and would like a few videos a day to get my Tarkov fix while i'm unable to play as much.

Smoke and Deadlyslob are pretty good. Worrun can be a little elitist, but is pretty amazing at the game. J Dog th3 Wise makes fantastic informative videos.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Stux posted:

Push or run away there is no camp

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Smoke and Deadlyslob are pretty good. Worrun can be a little elitist, but is pretty amazing at the game. J Dog th3 Wise makes fantastic informative videos.

Does Worrun still cheat? I do watch both of those and i'll have to sub to download more of their stuff.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Inspector_666 posted:

My lukewarm take is that aside from The Collector and maybe some of the Ragman items, you should be able to craft everything you need FIR for quests.

A better way to do it is the way they used to do it, 'find in raid' enchantment didnt exist and wasn't needed for the quests.

I can begrudgingly accept the logic of attaching some enchantment to flea market sales, but for the quests it is disgusting and tedious.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Does Worrun still cheat? I do watch both of those and i'll have to sub to download more of their stuff.

I am not sure if he cheats, I don't think he does... but what do I know?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mesadoram posted:

Being a streamer is 1000 times worse than being a cheater so what difference does it make?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

It's mostly a joke. For as long as he's been streaming Tarkov people have thought he cheats. It's even been mentioned in this thread. Sometimes is intuition as to where people are is almost too good, but I can't be sure he is. He's very good at gunfights.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Stux posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Oftn9bQ.mp4

I really need to get more confident at pushing. Even though I've done pretty well this wipe, the Fear still takes over. I just need to embrace the push and peek

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

DrPop posted:

I really need to get more confident at pushing. Even though I've done pretty well this wipe, the Fear still takes over. I just need to embrace the push and peek

Honestly man, the better move in many situations is to reposition and come at them from a different angle. Maybe back up a bit but then beeline in one direction or another to get a totally different angle on the fight. Keeping yourself mobile and hard to pin down in a gunfight is going to help you out a lot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mesadoram posted:

i watched a bit of worrun before hearing any accusations and i think t he guy is cheating lol there was one vid i watched where he just went "wait, what was that" while he was top floor in 2 storey dorms, he ran to the door and just sprayed down a bush killing two people. there was literally no audio cue and you absolutely couldnt see them, not even youtube compression their bodies were way too deep in foliage to ever see them. that made me go "oh hes cheating" before seeing the really suspect clips everyone posts where he randomly snaps and fires on walls.

DrPop posted:

ppl really cannot handle being pushed, you can see one of those guys hits me on the way in, but the dude going full auto is entirely not ready for me to just sprint out the bush and blast him, and the other guy was running a mosin and couldnt track me to land a clean shot. the second guy actually isnt dead there but i wasnt sure so i just ran up the hill and healed, then pushed all the way back around from where i came from and went along the water and caught him still looking up where he last saw me, he just held that angle for like 2 minutes lol. pushes and big flanks outplay an astonishing amount of people in this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Stux posted:

I know this. The times I unfuck myself and do something I get good results usually. But it can be tough sometimes to make the mental leap to actually move. Tarkov is a strange game man.

It's not like a perform badly at this game regardless. I get plenty of PMC kills. I'm just commenting on how the consequences of this game can make someone perform suboptimally in a situation and either make a bad decision or in my case, and what appears to be the case with the guys in the original video, not make a decision at all until its too late. It happens.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Stux posted:

ppl really cannot handle being pushed, you can see one of those guys hits me on the way in, but the dude going full auto is entirely not ready for me to just sprint out the bush and blast him, and the other guy was running a mosin and couldnt track me to land a clean shot. the second guy actually isnt dead there but i wasnt sure so i just ran up the hill and healed, then pushed all the way back around from where i came from and went along the water and caught him still looking up where he last saw me, he just held that angle for like 2 minutes lol. pushes and big flanks outplay an astonishing amount of people in this game.

Does desync have anything to do with that? I've been frequenting the tarkov subreddit and there's been a lot of noise about it lately, especially this quote:

quote:

"That's why not a single motherfucker out there should ever sit there and jerk each other off about being good at Escape from Tarkov. All that means is you're hyper aggressive. You've learned to play hyper aggressive and be able to push every single advantage that you can, which ultimately - the biggest advantage of the game - by a long shot, is desync. Right? So you've just learned how to use desync to your advantage. A broken mechanic in the game is what makes you good."
Supposedly, it can take up to a second for an enemy to appear after they move into your view. Peeker's advantage. I know it's been a problem in some other games I've played.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
nah i know, its especially true solo. but i do think when ur a trio and you know the guy only has a pp-19 you have a bit less of an excuse lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ambaire posted:

Does desync have anything to do with that? I've been frequenting the tarkov subreddit and there's been a lot of noise about it lately, especially this quote:

Supposedly, it can take up to a second for an enemy to appear after they move into your view. Peeker's advantage. I know it's been a problem in some other games I've played.

it does not take up to a second, its exactly the same advantage as in every online game and its not absolute at all. ill even go so far as to say its less of an issue in tarkov given that sound is so important and you can almost always hear someone coming and fire just before they come around the corner and nail them. desync is a stupid buzzword for "client side hit reg" the same thing every online shooter uses, and its the same thing everyone likes to blame rather than take their losses and try and improve. theres obviously going to be sometimes where latency means you get caught around a corner, and that sucks, but you cant start focusing on it as why you are losing bcos it means you will simply blame outside stuff rather than being critical of your own play.

edit: i didnt answer the first part. pushing is powerful because people panic, lots of people already find the mechanical parts of aiming and shooting in tarkov difficult and theres a lot of guns especially loved by people not wanting to risk a lot that completely suck under pressure. it also puts you in the position of knowing whats about to happen and when and allows you to dictate combat. again the clip above isnt peekers advantage, those guys saw me first and hit me, but running through the bush at them rather than trying to get away put them on the backfoot and made them lose track of me. they had the upperhand. same with the first clip of the three guys, theyre the ones peeking me every time and they know where i am and have the advantage of cover, but they play it out poorly and dont push which lets me recover and get ready for them.

Stux fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 20, 2021

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

lol stux it's like you've never been falling over dead as a guy comes around the corner on your screen

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

lol stux it's like you've never been falling over dead as a guy comes around the corner on your screen

If you're the one pushing the corner the other guy falls over dead before he sees you

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ShowTime posted:

It's mostly a joke. For as long as he's been streaming Tarkov people have thought he cheats. It's even been mentioned in this thread. Sometimes is intuition as to where people are is almost too good, but I can't be sure he is. He's very good at gunfights.

It's more common then people think, one of the guys I play with sometimes does the packet sniffing thing. He's got an overhead map of where everyone is and aiming. He says there is some sort of handshake where two players will aim at each other through walls and shake back and forth and leave each other alone. I will say playing with him we still lose a bunch because I can't shoot for poo poo and it seems neither can he so I don't think he's aimhacking. He's been doing it for like months without any sort of ban either which I find surprising.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

It's more common then people think, one of the guys I play with sometimes does the packet sniffing thing. He's got an overhead map of where everyone is and aiming. He says there is some sort of handshake where two players will aim at each other through walls and shake back and forth and leave each other alone. I will say playing with him we still lose a bunch because I can't shoot for poo poo and it seems neither can he so I don't think he's aimhacking. He's been doing it for like months without any sort of ban either which I find surprising.

Be the change you want to see in the world and report him.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ixtlilton posted:

literally said theres some times where you get killed around a corner and it sucks. but any situation that happens in you could still have done something differently to put yourself in the advantage. theres very few times that isnt true, and even if you are at the point where its a guy is going to peek you and you have no other option, prefire. you can hear them walking up to the corner, just start blasting before you see them. either way theres no real point getting hung up on something you cannot do anything to affect and you should instead concentrate on what you can control, which is your own play and how you approach encounters.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

socialsecurity posted:

Its actually really hard to detect something like that without encrypting the network traffic

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lorem ipsum posted:

Its actually really hard to detect something like that without encrypting the network traffic

I shudder to think about the performance of this game with more network overhead added to it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Stux posted:

literally said theres some times where you get killed around a corner and it sucks. but any situation that happens in you could still have done something differently to put yourself in the advantage. theres very few times that isnt true, and even if you are at the point where its a guy is going to peek you and you have no other option, prefire. you can hear them walking up to the corner, just start blasting before you see them. either way theres no real point getting hung up on something you cannot do anything to affect and you should instead concentrate on what you can control, which is your own play and how you approach encounters.

I interpreted that as being killed when you were around a corner like you were peeking then went around but died which also happens and also I didn't read the rest of your post here sorry.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020
Deleted because wrong game/wrong thread.

I take it back, Tarkov was a laggy mess on the wrong days when I played it, and peeker's advantage was fairly large.

Idiot Doom Spiral fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 21, 2021

sum
Nov 15, 2010

hakimashou posted:

A better way to do it is the way they used to do it, 'find in raid' enchantment didnt exist and wasn't needed for the quests.

I can begrudgingly accept the logic of attaching some enchantment to flea market sales, but for the quests it is disgusting and tedious.

Most of the quests in the game would just turn into "earn money" in that case. I think the real problem is that the most quests are arbitrary hoops you have to jump through that don't enrich the game play. They badly need to overhaul them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

sum posted:

Most of the quests in the game would just turn into "earn money" in that case.

Is that necessarily a bad thing though? You earn money by doing raids, it sucks that you have to depend on an RNG smiling on you to complete a quest.

I mean it's kind of circular logic in the end since my argument is kind of "I want to do these raids so I don't have to do those raids" but it's just annoying that you gotta hope poo poo like cowboy hats spawn on mannequins and poo poo.