Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
A lot of (previous) unlocks have been changed. The escalation rewards are now "Do X escalations across missions" rather than completing a single specific escalation all the way. That requires more, but makes them much more flexible if a single escalation was giving you a hard time.

Silent Assassin rewards do not seem to have a difficulty requirement as previously mentioned. Seems a little funny but when you think about it, no big deal really. :shrug:

One of the new rewards is A "remote micro-taser". Is that not basically the ICA electrocution phone, except slightly nerfed as the target won't pick it up?

I really like that Each location unlocks a suit for you if you reach max mastery. Continuing the trend from the Bank and Beach levels in the H2 DLC

There's a 2nd version of the Krugermeyer, which you get at level 10 mastery for Mendoza. So that's dramatically easier than level 20 for Bangkok if you don't have it yet

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

elf help book posted:

In the old content:
1) Are any escalations available?
2) Is the home alone Paris mission available?
3) Is the snowy Hokkaido mission available?

Some escalations, and no to the other two.

Also looks like some of the challenge sets that lead to unlocks are missing (Vampire Magician, Scarecrow, Himmapan Horror, Shaman, etc), and the rewards from those appear to be now tied to challenges for completing a certain number of escalations, along with a few other odd items like the Summer Suave and Imperial with Gloves suits and the Kalmer - Tranquilizer.

Arist posted:

Just did this Mission Story [in Dartmoor] and it was good but it's much easier to just sneak into the side hallway off the foyer through the window and grab him when he wanders over there before meeting with Alexa. If you let the PI meet Alexa, can you still do that story? It'd be pretty funny if if just locks you out of it because she knows what he looks like now.

Speaking of funny things, I solved the murder mystery correctly and asked for the case file, leading her to figure out who I was... but she decided I was there to help her, not kill her. And then after she unlocked the safe I pushed her over a railing. The perfect ruse!

I loved this, though was slightly bummed when you don't need to take her up on her offer to take out the real culprit to get her alone. I get that it's a lot to put into one mission story, but that whole thing goes down and then she just says "I need to be alone" and walks onto a balcony without any guards and also the guards just let you follow.

Zaphod42 posted:

I really like that Each location unlocks a suit for you if you reach max mastery. Continuing the trend from the Bank and Beach levels in the H2 DLC

I wonder what the implication is here for ET rewards...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I wonder what the implication is here for ET rewards...

Yeah I'm also wondering what this means for that.

I just really loving hope they give me a way to unlock all those previous ET suits. Even if its just giving me one more shot at each ET. I missed out on most of them just due to timing issues and that's a major bummer.

Suit unlocks are like, the best.

Along with that I'm really happy that in H3 the suit menu is now sorted into different tabs of suits. Its a small thing but nice quality of life.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

got as far as it exporting my data and listing all my mastery levels but then I googled to make sure there was no mastery for ICA Facility (there isnt) and when i came back to the tab it had been replaced with an error

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

got as far as it exporting my data and listing all my mastery levels but then I googled to make sure there was no mastery for ICA Facility (there isnt) and when i came back to the tab it had been replaced with an error

I got there and then got kicked because my EGS account wasn't actually linked.

Just keep trying, you'll get it soon :)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm in baybeee! :toot: Got my progress transferred over on PC!

If you're on PC, make sure you have everything linked up first or you're just going to get denied at a certain point. Otherwise just keep refreshing and hopefully as more people get resolved the server will come back to life.

So... absolutely zero mention of Elusive Targets in the game right now.

The last I saw, they said months ago that "they look forward to sharing more details on changes to Elusive Targets" and have said absolutely 0 about them since. I am... curious what said changes are!

I'm going to laugh if the reveal is Elusive Targets will start 1/20/22.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Also looks like some of the challenge sets that lead to unlocks are missing (Vampire Magician, Scarecrow, Himmapan Horror, Shaman, etc), and the rewards from those appear to be now tied to challenges for completing a certain number of escalations, along with a few other odd items like the Summer Suave and Imperial with Gloves suits and the Kalmer - Tranquilizer.

Weird. They did reroll those out slowly with Hitman 2, so I'm again not shocked they aren't in, but moving the unlocks around...?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yup, got up to that and before I even got to read anything it just errored out.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

ghostinmyshell posted:

On Xbone:

I caved in and bought the deluxe edition of 3 because I owned the previous games and stuff but never played them. I logged into make sure everything was downloaded for tonight, but it's telling me there's a $30 access pass for Hitman 1 I need to purchase... WTF?

The Hitman 1 stuff in Hitman 2 seems to work just fine.

I may try to see if linking my account fixes it later but I might do a refund as I didn't want to spontaneously spend $100+ for Hitmans today.

I'm not sure if they fixed it behind the scenes but this is what I did and I was able to access the first game's content on Xbox. I downloaded Hitman 1 and 2 and all the DLC, then I went into each game and made sure I "owned" all the items in the in-game store. There was something I was missing in Hitman 1, after "getting" it for free. I moved onto Hitman 2 and repeated. Once I got to Hitman 3 the Hitman 1 pass was free for me to GET so now I'm good to go. Just in case I fired one mission in each campaign, and then deleted the previous 2 games, then went back to 3 and was able to access everything just fine.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

On PS4 at least all I had to do was click the Store link from the mission screen, which took me to the free GOTY DLC

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh whoa, there's now starting locations set for "Director Commentary" but they require the Hitman 3 access pass from the deluxe version.

I didn't even see that advertised.

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
For those of you that got your carry over done... Do you keep your progress with Hitman 1 or is it just Hitman 2?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wizard Whateley posted:

For those of you that got your carry over done... Do you keep your progress with Hitman 1 or is it just Hitman 2?

I played Hitman 1 maps in 2 so it all carried over

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Wizard Whateley posted:

It imports your progress from Hitman 2, including anything you did in the Hitman 1 levels inside Hitman 2

It's not possible to import progress from the original standalone version of Hitman 1

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I got there and then got kicked because my EGS account wasn't actually linked.

Just keep trying, you'll get it soon :)

actually just tried again and it was super snappy and went right through thumbs up emoji

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I recently finished Hitman 1, which I played inside of Hitman 2 because it was recommended to me that H2 added QoL features that made playing Hitman 1 levels better.

Now that I am moving on to Hitman 2, is the same true of 3->2 that was true of 2->1? In other words, any advantages to playing H2 inside of H3??

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Okay, got my stuff transfered into EGS.

Upon booting the game, I can play Hitman 1 levels inside Hitman 3, but I still see "Get Access" for the Hitman 2 stuff, despite having mastery in those levels.

Is this something where I actually have to pony up the $20 to play Hitman 2 inside Hitman 3 now? Weird that Hitman 1 worked fine.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

f#a# posted:

Upon booting the game, I can play Hitman 1 levels inside Hitman 3, but I still see "Get Access" for the Hitman 2 stuff, despite having mastery in those levels.

Is this something where I actually have to pony up the $20 to play Hitman 2 inside Hitman 3 now? Weird that Hitman 1 worked fine.

Progression and ownership are managed separately, the current import process only handles progression. You have Hitman 1 because of the introductory offer where anyone who buys Hitman 3 near launch gets Hitman 1 for free.

They're working on a solution to transfer ownership of Hitman 1 and 2 from Steam to EGS for free but it didn't make the cut for launch, it's coming in a few weeks supposedly

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

f#a# posted:

depending on platform, you may have to force install some content via your consoles' marketplace. at least that was the fix when H2 did the same thing

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

I recently finished Hitman 1, which I played inside of Hitman 2 because it was recommended to me that H2 added QoL features that made playing Hitman 1 levels better.

Now that I am moving on to Hitman 2, is the same true of 3->2 that was true of 2->1? In other words, any advantages to playing H2 inside of H3??

It doesn't seem like as many mechanics changed from 2 to 3 as 1 to 2, but we'll need to pick the game apart to be sure.

If nothing else, 3 has improved graphics rendering (mostly reflections) and also has some new gadgets.

f#a# posted:

Guess you missed the whole kerfuffle on the week before release? :cheeky:

Everything is a mess because they changed plans 4 days before release. You'll get H2 on PC if you own it on Steam but not for a week or two. If you already own it; don't buy it again.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
After 8 hours I'm finally in the goddman carry over queue. Hopefully I still get to play today...

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
So i'm trying to transfer my 1 and 2 progress from steam to epic, but it appears not to have the right mastery levels listed on the transfer page, a bunch of them show up as 0 when they should be 20, but some of them are accurate. Anyone else get this?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ultrachrist posted:

If you're on Playstation, playing in Hitman 3 means you can play every level from all three games in PS VR. Also Hitman 3 takes proper advantage of the PS5/XBSX.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Has anyone tried the sniper levels? Did they speed up the progression at all?

I can't check because I'm stuck waiting for Hitman 2 to be portable from Steam

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

repiv posted:

If you're on Playstation, playing in Hitman 3 means you can play every level from all three games in PS VR. Also Hitman 3 takes proper advantage of the PS5/XBSX.

I don't have PS VR, but I do have a PS5. What does take proper advantage mean?

I played through Hokkaido on PS5 with uncapped FPS and it was noticeably smoother than in the rest of the game I played on PS4.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ultrachrist posted:

I played through Hokkaido on PS5 with uncapped FPS and it was noticeably smoother than in the rest of the game I played on PS4.

DF just posted their video on it, the most obvious difference is Hitman 2 runs at 1440p on the PS4 Pro (and PS5 in back compat mode) but Hitman 3 runs at 1800p on the PS5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCcyYKpAsdM

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
can't believe Hitman 2 access pass is $20 WITH the discount, Steam -> Epic people would be loving losing it right now if not for the reversal announcement

Veotax
May 16, 2006

ultrachrist posted:

They mean it's actually a PS5 game and not just a PS4 game running in backwards compatibility mode that gets a boost from the PS5's extra power.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Man I really wish they had done some sort of load testing, there's all sorts of cloud computing resources you can use now in order to dynamically scale up your capacity for launch days. Feels like they just hosted this poo poo on their own servers and said "gently caress it". Ah well, I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I'm a bit disappointed by the detective in Dartmoor - he quickly goes into a loop, I was hoping he would solve, or "solve" the case on his own. And now the servers seem completely down so I can't play online.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Took my lunch hour to play through Dubai once. So happy Hitman is back :swoon:

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
yeah got kicked out mid-Berlin level :(

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Made it through the first four levels today before the servers poo poo the bed. The Berlin level is so good - after I killed enough ICA agents to trigger the evacuation it was hilarious seeing all the NPCs I hadn't identified just start booking it towards the exits

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

doctor iono posted:

yeah got kicked out mid-Berlin level :(

Same, the servers seem to be dead. It sucks that ioi bungled this so bad when the actual game is so so good.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I don't remember Hitman 2's launch being nearly this bumpy and I'm pretty sure I played 2 during the first few hours after unlock.

We're like, what, nearly 10 hours after launch at this point and I think I've managed to get my progression transfered, but now I can't even log into the game.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Zaphod42 posted:

Would you consider the mastery starting locations to be "pointless busywork" ?
Starting locations are an interesting decision because there's a bunch of things to consider (distance to target, starting disguise, access to items, etc) - there's none of that with "the map was designed with these doors open but they're not until you finish your chores" :v:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well, I gave in on waiting for Amazon to ship it and bought a copy elsewhere. It took forever but I think I got carry over stuff to work? I can't go online but can download the old levels and got a pop up for bonus costumes you get for connecting your IOI account, so presumably I just need the servers to go back online.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

9 hours since launch and I still can't even sign in. Lol what a loving joke.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah everything that's been said in the last couple weeks has put me off to the point that I can quite happily wait a year. :toot:

Shame the game itself seems to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

never mind the carryover progress says the status is Error now lol