Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Arist posted:

Oh my god, some of these challenges in Dubai... what? "Eliminate both targets with a single bullet using a sniper rifle." How do you even get them in the same room? :psyduck:

One of the mission stories has them both meet in a room somewhere? Didn't manage to pull it off though as when I went to the server room I was locked in for ages as had knocked guards outside.

The Dubai map is fun, I was worried it was going to be a smaller one like the NZ beach map - its probably just a bit bigger than Paris and has a lot of verticality, I'm looking forward to having a proper look but thought I'd just give it a go before wiping my progress when I link accounts.

I was going to have a look at the other maps but they are all installing still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nakar posted:

So this isn't related to the game as such, but the FPS benchmark for the game involves the camera panning around the library in Dartmoor firing off bullets into everything and making it burst, shred, or explode. Which is actually quite clever, I think.

There's 3 benchmark scenes, Dartmoor, Dubai, and Dartmoor (Interactive)

Gonna have to try each...

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the game looks real good on PS5

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

ketchup vs catsup posted:

random folks on twitter saying they're not planning on shipping till March.

the strange thing to me is the game no longer shows up in search results.

I've seen plenty of product pages without buying links, but never a game disappearing on release day.

I pre-ordered on Amazon a week ago and they were giving me a delivery range of Feb12-Mar18. I don't know how accurate that will end up being since I just canceled and bought it on PSN instead - but yeah, at the very least they well oversold any copies they had available for launch

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

well I managed to see a lot more data in the carryover progress but I have no idea if it's doing anything after I acknowledged the process

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

:toot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yep, tried again for a bit and actually was able to see the option to choose my Steam to carryover from but then it stalled out. Technically progress!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I can't even load the website now

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Flayer posted:

Also on the opening cinematic they have messed up pretty bad with some horrible graininess and banding on the blacks, which I guess are going to be repeated throughout. It's honestly diabolical. The game itself looks good tho.

Jesus christ you aren't kidding. Not just the blacks. The compression on the cutscenes is INSANE. I've seen better youtube streams!

I appreciate them getting the file size down but this is a bit much. One of the rare games where the in-engine graphics look dramatically better than the cutscenes.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Zaphod42 posted:

Jesus christ you aren't kidding. Not just the blacks. The compression on the cutscenes is INSANE. I've seen better youtube streams!

I appreciate them getting the file size down but this is a bit much. One of the rare games where the in-engine graphics look dramatically better than the cutscenes.

I bet they're streaming them, to save size, and they're streaming them from the login servers so they're hosed.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Just booted the game to check if the transfer worked and it’s now popping trophies for all the old missions.

And all my stuff is now in Hitman 3. I can play after I’m done work!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So this is dumb, but I've started the game proper in VR and I've got this overlaying grid over my immediate view that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I assume it's a quality of life thing that's just on by default, but surely there must be a way to turn it off I'm not seeing

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Success! I think

Had to do that dance mentioned above to get my Epic account linked to IOI (log out of IOI account, log in using Epic account, choose to link with existing IOI account) but after that it seems to have worked

e: yep EGS immediately popped all the achievements I already got on Steam

repiv fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 20, 2021

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Yep, tried again for a bit and actually was able to see the option to choose my Steam to carryover from but then it stalled out. Technically progress!

Aaand finally got the request submitted. Progress!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pontificating rear end posted:

I got to the "target account" section but then the Epic account wasn't there

edit:

so this links your epic to your IOI account which you need to do first

Okay I've got my Epic and Steam accounts both showing, and H1 and H2 both showing, and I made it to the step where it sees my steam data and says "exporting..." but then dies.

Aaaaalmost theereee

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

So this is dumb, but I've started the game proper in VR and I've got this overlaying grid over my immediate view that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I assume it's a quality of life thing that's just on by default, but surely there must be a way to turn it off I'm not seeing

That'll be through Playstation, not through the game. That's not Hitman doing that, its your PSVR. I haven't fiddled with the settings on PSVR because I mostly do PCVR but that's how its gonna be.

Alternatively you just need to move your camera.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh gently caress I made it through the exporting process only to have no accounts found

Make sure you boot up Hitman 3 on EGS AFTER you link your EGS to IOI account

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Zaphod42 posted:

That'll be through Playstation, not through the game. That's not Hitman doing that, its your PSVR. I haven't fiddled with the settings on PSVR because I mostly do PCVR but that's how its gonna be.

Alternatively you just need to move your camera.

The odd part is I do not have this grid appearing for the game's VR tutorial (or the opening walking section in the facility), only when the mission on the boat starts. It's also nothing I've seen on any other game I own.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

God this is really pathetic, even for IOI who have been dropping the ball all month on this poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

The odd part is I do not have this grid appearing for the game's VR tutorial (or the opening walking section in the facility), only when the mission on the boat starts. It's also nothing I've seen on any other game I own.

Well maybe I'm wrong then :v: I guess just look through all the options, good luck

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It was working relatively quickly, I could see the list of my progress to import and I almost got through 10 minutes ago but now I'm back to apparently not having hitman 2 and everything taking forever to load

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rubby posted:

I pre-ordered on Amazon a week ago and they were giving me a delivery range of Feb12-Mar18. I don't know how accurate that will end up being since I just canceled and bought it on PSN instead - but yeah, at the very least they well oversold any copies they had available for launch

I'm sticking with my order for now. last time similar to this happened to me was Nioh 1, and not only did they eventually cancel my pre-order, they gave me a PSN code for the Nioh deluxe edition to make up for it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

Oh my god, some of these challenges in Dubai... what? "Eliminate both targets with a single bullet using a sniper rifle." How do you even get them in the same room? :psyduck:

I do know you can get them to be somewhat close to each other by triggering an evacuation but it's probably risky as hell.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

:lol: This shitshow is disappointing but not surprising, invariably the first day online is a total disaster. They should have let people start transferring a week ago so the launch wasn't as much of a dumpster fire.

Looking at the Access Pass prices gonna guess the people calling WB as the reason can collect their winnings.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

f#a# posted:

Looks like they changed the carryover site from "your IOI account eventually fails to load" to "just make the API return an empty array while we figure this out."

Progress!

code:
// todo: fix this so it actually works

return NULL;

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Really don't like the shortcuts feature - I think the idea is that you see a door or ladder with the yellow lock on and go "ooh, what an exciting tease of future possibilities, truly we live in an age of wonders" but every single one I've found so far, I found from the side where I could unlock it :v:

In reality it's just pointless busywork - you can't play on the "real" version of the map until you've run around unlocking all the shortcuts.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Arist posted:

There's a guided mission that gets them both in the same room where you could snipe them both at point blank range

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there no way to just log in to an existing IOI account in game?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
On the Dartmoor map I heavily advise stealing the private investigators outfit before he reaches the mansion. That was a very fun experience!

(Probably less fun when I do it all again after the H2 transfer works).

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Elendil004 posted:

There's an option to put your email address in but all that does is send you an email with a link to connect your epic and ioi accounts in a browser.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Really don't like the shortcuts feature - I think the idea is that you see a door or ladder with the yellow lock on and go "ooh, what an exciting tease of future possibilities, truly we live in an age of wonders" but every single one I've found so far, I found from the side where I could unlock it :v:

In reality it's just pointless busywork - you can't play on the "real" version of the map until you've run around unlocking all the shortcuts.

Would you consider the mastery starting locations to be "pointless busywork" ? I mean you can describe the whole game that way if you want to.

They're the same as the starting locations except starting locations only matter where you start. Where the shortcuts are things you can end up using multiple of in a single run.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Flayer posted:

On the Dartmoor map I heavily advise stealing the private investigators outfit before he reaches the mansion. That was a very fun experience!

(Probably less fun when I do it all again after the H2 transfer works).

Just did this Mission Story and it was good but it's much easier to just sneak into the side hallway off the foyer through the window and grab him when he wanders over there before meeting with Alexa. If you let the PI meet Alexa, can you still do that story? It'd be pretty funny if if just locks you out of it because she knows what he looks like now.

Speaking of funny things, I solved the murder mystery correctly and asked for the case file, leading her to figure out who I was... but she decided I was there to help her, not kill her. And then after she unlocked the safe I pushed her over a railing. The perfect ruse!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I think I'm gonna have to give this a day or two before I can play lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Frustratingly no. I had to give it like an hour after I linked my accounts on the website, but now when I log in it gives me the IOI account costumes so they're definitely linked.

So now I just need the transfer site to stop dying.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

What's especially lame about this is if they'd taken the time to code a merge of your accounts, they could say "go ahead and play Hitman 3 now, and you can import your H1&H2 progress when the servers relax"

But since the copy replaces your H3 save everybody wants to get that done right now, right away, before they start playing so they don't waste progress.

Shooting yourself in the foot there, IOI.

(Especially considering the H3 levels don't exist in H2, you'd think you could at least do a dumb merge and only overwrite the H1/H2 data on your H3 save, not the H3 save data also.)

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351982113042669568?s=20

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Arist posted:

Just did this Mission Story and it was good but it's much easier to just sneak into the side hallway off the foyer through the window and grab him when he wanders over there before meeting with Alexa. If you let the PI meet Alexa, can you still do that story? It'd be pretty funny if if just locks you out of it because she knows what he looks like now.

Speaking of funny things, I solved the murder mystery correctly and asked for the case file, leading her to figure out who I was... but she decided I was there to help her, not kill her. And then after she unlocked the safe I pushed her over a railing. The perfect ruse!

I'm not sure. I just chucked a coin in the bushes when he crossed over the bridge and then choked him out when he went to investigate. Didn't need too many shenanigans. Had to drop my gun to pass the frisk tho but not like I needed it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
In the old content:
1) Are any escalations available?
2) Is the home alone Paris mission available?
3) Is the snowy Hokkaido mission available?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I'm in baybeee! :toot: Got my progress transferred over on PC!

If you're on PC, make sure you have everything linked up first or you're just going to get denied at a certain point. Otherwise just keep refreshing and hopefully as more people get resolved the server will come back to life.

So... absolutely zero mention of Elusive Targets in the game right now.

The last I saw, they said months ago that "they look forward to sharing more details on changes to Elusive Targets" and have said absolutely 0 about them since. I am... curious what said changes are!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

In the old content:
1) Are any escalations available?
2) Is the home alone Paris mission available?
3) Is the snowy Hokkaido mission available?

1. Escalations are available.
2. I don't see it.
3. I don't see it.

Side missions and patient zero are there, but the snow festival is definitely missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Thanks.

Not shocked by either of those being gone (for now) but still wanted to know.