Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My average 5* pull rate is exactly 75, and my lowest ever is 70, so they're super clustered and my luck is bad. My 4* character luck is also bad. I mostly get weapons. All the weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The hypostasis event is bad and horrible since timed bosses who have brief and widely spaced periods of vulnerability are just a way to get frustrated by RNG loving you. Timed content in general is bad anyway which is why the Abyss sucks too. :colbert:

Also it's really shown how lovely and underleveled my artifacts are and that I need to get off my rear end to get most of these above 12, let alone to 20. But it's so obnoxious to swap artifact sets between characters right now I can't help but raise a bunch instead...

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

The hypostasis event is bad and horrible since timed bosses who have brief and widely spaced periods of vulnerability are just a way to get frustrated by RNG loving you. Timed content in general is bad anyway which is why the Abyss sucks too. :colbert:

Also it's really shown how lovely and underleveled my artifacts are and that I need to get off my rear end to get most of these above 12, let alone to 20. But it's so obnoxious to swap artifact sets between characters right now I can't help but raise a bunch instead...

Yeah I would only do artifacts to 16, except on main carry. If you have an artifact that's perfect in every way then sure, but you can basically get two artifacts to 16 for the price of one to 20.

I have no interest to switching sets between chars, so I'm just giving my chars what's good enough for them. I say this having spent most of my fragile resin on artifacts. I have 9 chars at full sets of level 16 artifacts, and 2-3 of those with level 20 or a mix of 16-20. Haven't used any resin refreshes.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Asimo posted:

A bunch of my supports only have level 8 artifacts since I know they are sub-par artifacts that need to be replaced and it does not seem to matter much, as long as your DPS are mostly 16-20.

Also, looking at people posting 5*s, it seems like the soft pity at ~ 75 is quite a bit stronger than I anticipated, very few rolls even make it to 80. Just eyeballing the last few pages and it looks like ~ 55 5*s, with only 4 going above 80.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 21, 2021

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Day 8 of the Vegetarian challenge. The mushrooms are gone. I am currently debating with myself whether Monstadt Hashbrowns count as vegetarian, because one of Ganyu's voice lines says that she can't have vegetable fritters because they've been fried in animal fat. I suspect that Ganyu will be subsisting on a diet of turnip stew for the foreseeable future.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mondstadt hashbrowns are fried only in the finest jam and pinecones.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Asimo posted:

I also don't like how you can't really do reactions on the cubes, so it's more a stat check about how much damage can you put out in each 7 second window with a single character.

This event greatly favors putting everything in a lvl 90 char with +20 artifacts and going ham, as opposed to a full team of 70's with +16's taking advantage of game systems.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Unironically make sure to point this out on the inevitable survey.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The best nerf to Ganyu would be to make it so you can't feed her non-vegetarian foods. Also no potions that require frogs. Also she takes damage if she kills endemic life. Now she is perfectly balanced.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

because of the free full charge you will still get a good amount of use out of geared burst supports, but otherwise yeah it doesn't play to the combat's strengths at all.

new cube movesets do show me there's room to rework the existing ones though, which have different issues here and there. anemo is i guess my least favorite to fight due to its revival mechanic and time-wasting moves like the tornados and uninterruptable shockwave (which now has an interruption at least in this event). i've also seen anemo copy electro moves which is pretty uhhhh.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, looking at people posting 5*s, it seems like the soft pity at ~ 75 is quite a bit stronger than I anticipated, very few rolls even make it to 80. Just eyeballing the last few pages and it looks like ~ 55 5*s, with only 4 going above 80.
The only mobile/gacha game I'd put appreciable time and effort into before Genshin was F/GO, so having a meaningful and honestly fairly generous pity mechanic is such a relief. It's not impossible - and in fact depressingly common - to spend hundreds of dollars equivalent of rolls and get literally nothing useful, let alone a rate up 5*.

Granted its not entirely a fair comparison since Fate's consolation prizes (craft essences) are a lot more varied and useful overall than the 3* trash weapons in genshin and duplicate servants are just a comparatively small number boost versus the complete transformation constellation+ can be in Genshin, but I haven't spent much money at all here beyond the daily resin moon thing and I have a bunch of admittedly C0 5* and multiple high-constellation 4* and that's just nice.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
the moving target on the anemo one made sure I never replayed it. it felt like something that would have fit in perfectly in botw, but genshin's controls are absolutely not botw level

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Hackan Slash posted:

I also don't like how you can't really do reactions on the cubes, so it's more a stat check about how much damage can you put out in each 7 second window with a single character.

You can do reactions against Geocube.

Against Electrocube, overload and superconduct work. So Xiangling and Kaeya work well together.

Against Anemocube, all the swirls work, minus the Anemo damage portion. So persistent skills like XQ, Fischl, Xiangling, and Kaeya are effective.

It is annoying, though, setting up skills with the limited vulnerability window.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lvl 90 character going ham is correct way to play the game stop being degenerate.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finally got what seemed at first like a good Witch's artifact, but then I realize it's a goblet with ATK%. It has the two crit substats + energy regen, but I'm pretty sure you'd always want Pyro damage on the goblet slot.

I also leveled up Zhongli's artifacts some more and he now has 30k HP. His shield probably has at least 10k HP at this point.

Pope Urbane II posted:

God yes. People say it's a hell grind, but *I like the gameplay* and it's a way to make incremental progress.

I really don't understand a lot of the gating in Genshin. The progression systems have definitive ends, like the BP, city reputation, and demon tree. Why not have infinite levels with small rewards after the main content is over?

Crimson Wish is probably the most egregious example since people currently only need to do it 20 times to cap the tree's progression. People finished the Dragonspine rep system before the Albedo banner even rotated.

In a way I kind of prefer the limits on how much you can practically grind, because it prevents me from feeling any pressure to do more than relatively casual play. It'd kind of suck if it were actually possible to run artifact domains non-stop, since you'd keep wanting to do more and more to get the perfect drops.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure it was posted fairly recently in the thread but can someone be a dear and link that build guide spreadsheet again?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My pulls for local statisticians:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Dom is Here posted:

I'm sure it was posted fairly recently in the thread but can someone be a dear and link that build guide spreadsheet again?

its in the ooopppp

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Dom is Here posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/edit#gid=2001372201

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hit a total of 15.5k score on the hypostasis today. Went a bit overkill on modifiers, even tried to get some feedback explosion by going nuts with Pyronado when the tornados were out so it would suck up an element orb, but I couldn't tag them all and I think it takes in wind ones for preference. The regular hypostasis doesn't really care about that, it just shoots out shockwaves of a different color, so I was looking forward to it a bit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ohhhh it’s sucking up orbs in the tornadoes stage?

I just broke some crystals and hung out in the air.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm gonna miss when the event is over and instead of teleporting directly above the treasure hunter camp that is part of the artifact route, i'll have to use the nearby teleport and walk for five seconds 😔

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna miss when the event is over and instead of teleporting directly above the treasure hunter camp that is part of the artifact route, i'll have to use the nearby teleport and walk for five seconds 😔

You can teleport there directly... I ...see...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

kater posted:

Ohhhh it’s sucking up orbs in the tornadoes stage?

I just broke some crystals and hung out in the air.

When it swirls up and creates like eight little tornadoes, the tornadoes each leave a big wind orb up in the air when they're done. Unless you spray some element at them, then they absorb that element and leave an appropriate orb instead.

Then when it goes into a little spin it can suck in up to three of those orbs to create ground shockwaves. Those are easy to dodge when you've got breakable updrafts, but Big Windy Boy will heal when it sucks up a wind orb and get hurt and stunned if it grabs some other element.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I got all the exp books and the namecard. I could give a drat about any of the rewards past that, weapon enhancement ores are kinda boring for the higher tier of :effort:

I'ma get my primos and dip from here on.

Also I don't feel like digging through all my rolls but

I got Venti and Qiqi very early into the reroll I did for my account (which is why I kept it).
I rolled another Venti a while into that, probably around 75 rolls.
I got Klee after that, same amount of rolls probably.
I got Tartaglia after that, same amount of rolls probably.
I skipped out on Zhongli (but stopped in the 70s) and ended up hitting my wanderlust pity around 75, which was Keqing.
I decided I wanted in on the 4*s on Albedo's banner and started rolling for it, ended up getting Albedo and Mona in the same 10roll.
I got Ganyu after that, about 80 rolls in.
I got Aquila Favonia for my next wanderlust pity, around 80-85 rolls.

So far I'm pretty pleased, I have all the 5* except Diluc, Jean, and Zhongli, and every 4* except Xinyan (surprisingly, never got her and mostly got weapons on the Zhongli banner, with a couple Chongyuns and a Razor).

Notable constellations:
Xiangling - C6 (probably 8 or 9 tho)
Noelle - C6 (probably 7 or 8 tho)
Bennett - C5 (would be C6 but only a fool would activate it)
Sucrose - C5
Barbara - C5

Framboise fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 21, 2021

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Pull history:

Event
78 venti
1 qiqi
33 venti
15 klee
16 diluc
56 zhongli
10 albedo
63 ~

Standard
44 skyward harp
63 ~

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've been enjoying playing the game but then the thought of recommending it to someone else entered my head and I felt bad about a fake situation because they would most definitely would be missing another there events if they were to start fresh now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Incidentally, I found out today that you can still get requests and bounties when you're max reputation, if you want the money.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

Incidentally, I found out today that you can still get requests and bounties when you're max reputation, if you want the money.

Yeah, and it's such a relief too.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CJ posted:

Pull history:

Event
78 venti
1 qiqi
33 venti
15 klee
16 diluc
56 zhongli
10 albedo
63 ~

Standard
44 skyward harp
63 ~

Yer that F2P lucker bastard aren't ye

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1352179127596404740

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I did the unspeakable, I spent a day's worth of resin on one resin cookie and 12 magic blacksmitheries.

I just... couldn't handle being salty about artifact drops.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How do you even track pulls. I'm no good at thinking so I'll reverse track them. So this is like how many rolls I've done since getting em.

Ganyu: 10
Mona: 36
Albedo: 111
Tartaglia: 186
Diluc: 227
Klee: 305
Total Character Rolls: 384

Diluc: 48
Total Standard Rolls: 126

So uh 79, 78, 41, 75, 75, 26; and another 78. Ummm. Well at least I got Jean off Beginner.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

kater posted:

How do you even track pulls. I'm no good at thinking so I'll reverse track them. So this is like how many rolls I've done since getting em.

Ganyu: 10
Mona: 36
Albedo: 111
Tartaglia: 186
Diluc: 227
Klee: 305
Total Character Rolls: 384

Diluc: 48
Total Standard Rolls: 126

So uh 79, 78, 41, 75, 75, 26; and another 78. Ummm. Well at least I got Jean off Beginner.

It’s under the “history” button (I think that’s what it’s called) in the wish menu. I think there are 6 pulls per page.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Asimo posted:

Perfect post with good opinions. I just go in and stomp them for something like 1k and leave. Even that will take longer than bloody necessary because of all the invulnerabilities.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The hypostasis event is good and I've gotten like 2.8k+ on each kill but I'm doing it with friends.

We also did most of them in one sitting after waiting on it so it kinda felt good wiping, figuring out the mechanics and adjusting the points till we got 2.8k+ and beat it comfortably. This event just doesn't feel like it should be done single player.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The event is fine single player if you just turn down the HP and time limit and turn off anything that impacts your damage output. You'll still get at least 3k points per day. The biggest issue is i think the rewards cut off at too low a point total. There should be some sort of reward for the people who actually try and get 4k points per day.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This event just doesn't feel like it should be done single player.

Service games in general think this is a positive despite it never actually being one. I've seen surveys in several games and the "Why didn't you do multiplayer?" question never has the needed options of "I prefer not to argue with random bitchy internet people" or "I do not live in, or do not play the same hours as, the continental US or the middle of Europe and therefore do not have a massive low-latency base to play with".

CJ posted:

There should be some sort of reward for the people who actually try and get 4k points per day.

This would be great in a game where cash money and/or luck didn't form a barrier to you accomplishing this in a limited timeframe.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
In single player the event is more of a test on how good your arties are and what damage types you have access to. I've managed to 4K all the challenges so far after 2-6 tries each with either ning or electro/phys keqing and with some artie swaps my ganyu and childe should pull it off to. I liked the event but I had the resources necessary to enjoy it. I do hope next time they use enemies you can actively fight and not having to stare at them 70% of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mailer posted:

Service games in general think this is a positive despite it never actually being one. I've seen surveys in several games and the "Why didn't you do multiplayer?" question never has the needed options of "I prefer not to argue with random bitchy internet people" or "I do not live in, or do not play the same hours as, the continental US or the middle of Europe and therefore do not have a massive low-latency base to play with".

This would be great in a game where cash money and/or luck didn't form a barrier to you accomplishing this in a limited timeframe.

The thing is, Im usually not one to enjoy playing with randoms either. But having done a few alone and a few with discordmates I thoroughly enjoyed running with other people more than what I was going through alone