Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
My mom's signature is an absolutely perfect cursive first and last name, that she does super fast, and she doesn't have a short name, so I think I stuck with it a little longer, since she was the one who signed permission slips and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That surgery doesn’t sound so hard Swickles. I’ll just watch YouTube for an hour and I bet I could do it.

i hope everything works out

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

D-LINK posted:

Much respect for fine motor skills and people who work with their hands

The most impressive surgical skills I have ever seen was in a case where a woman was in a boating accident and her arm and hand caught the propeller going fast. So she had a ton of even slices down her arm and into her hand. They were traying to save her hand and a team of plastic surgeons came and sat down (rare for surgeons to sit in an operation). She was prepped so that her hand was out, palm up and three surgeons sat around it, think of it like as a 12, 3, and 9 o'clock position with 6 o'clock being her arm. Above the hand was a very expensive camera with a zoom lens and a bunch of monitors around them. Now, to the naked eye it looked like they were simply rubbing the tips of their fingers together and making very subtle motions with their hands. There was almost zero motion at the wrist. On the screen, with the high zoom lens they were throwing stiches and loops and all kinds of stuff to reanastamose all the small vessels in the hand, to restore total circulation so she would hopefully 1.) keep it and 2.) regain at least some use of it. That was an insanely impressive surgery.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Best to your friend Swickles. Hope all goes well.

Just got back from a four mile run with the dog. We pushed the pace and he did so great! I stopped for him a couple of times since we were going faster and he wanted to keep going with a big grin on his face :kimchi:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dango Bango posted:

Best to your friend Swickles. Hope all goes well.

Just got back from a four mile run with the dog. We pushed the pace and he did so great! I stopped for him a couple of times since we were going faster and he wanted to keep going with a big grin on his face :kimchi:

Pics

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When I got to go into the OR to observe my dad perform surgery, I got to staple the patient's aorta shut. The stapler was literally a lightweight plastic staple gun that looked like something right out of Home Depot.

Medicine is loving wild.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

When I got to go into the OR to observe my dad perform surgery, I got to staple the patient's aorta shut. The stapler was literally a lightweight plastic staple gun that looked like something right out of Home Depot.

Medicine is loving wild.

You can buy like 75% of the ortho equipment from Home Depot.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

swickles posted:

The most impressive surgical skills I have ever seen was in a case where a woman was in a boating accident and her arm and hand caught the propeller going fast. So she had a ton of even slices down her arm and into her hand. They were traying to save her hand and a team of plastic surgeons came and sat down (rare for surgeons to sit in an operation). She was prepped so that her hand was out, palm up and three surgeons sat around it, think of it like as a 12, 3, and 9 o'clock position with 6 o'clock being her arm. Above the hand was a very expensive camera with a zoom lens and a bunch of monitors around them. Now, to the naked eye it looked like they were simply rubbing the tips of their fingers together and making very subtle motions with their hands. There was almost zero motion at the wrist. On the screen, with the high zoom lens they were throwing stiches and loops and all kinds of stuff to reanastamose all the small vessels in the hand, to restore total circulation so she would hopefully 1.) keep it and 2.) regain at least some use of it. That was an insanely impressive surgery.

That's so much cooler than what I do. I mean that is rad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sorry, phone pic of work laptop:

I hate this guy with every fiber of my being. I've never met him nor do I know anything about him but I hate him.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So I was cleaning up and tossed my couch blanket on the floor to vacuum the couch (dog hair) and turned around...

Her bed is that white thing on the right of the picture

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 21, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Skwirl posted:

My mom's signature is an absolutely perfect cursive first and last name, that she does super fast, and she doesn't have a short name, so I think I stuck with it a little longer, since she was the one who signed permission slips and what not.

My mom has such great handwriting and the perfect cursive signature, and instead I decided to ape the worst combination of my dad and brother's handwriting styles.

My signature isn't as bad as my dad's at least. Definitely hit the first and last initials with a space between. His looks like a single four letter word with a cursive s in the middle of it, and there isn't an S in his name :psyduck:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The best part of having a scribble signature is when you have to sign a massive stack of paperwork (like for a mortgage) and it descends into madness as your hand loses its grip on reality

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If anyone is into vintage sports wear, Ebbets Field Flannels has a bunch of stuff on clearance. It’s mostly old obscure baseball stuff, hence the name, but they have some vintage football and soccer stuff too.

https://www.ebbets.com/

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Spoeank posted:

The best part of having a scribble signature is when you have to sign a massive stack of paperwork (like for a mortgage) and it descends into madness as your hand loses its grip on reality

Yeah having closed on houses and seen my signature get progressively worse over the course of an hour really makes me laugh (and get angry) about rejecting ballots for signatures "not matching" what you have on file for a decade or more.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spoeank posted:

My favorite part of the mortgage signing was that I had to also scribble sign my middle name, which I'm not at all used to doing and which completely threw me off

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Don't have any from the run, but he's conked out now:

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I was cleaning up and tossed my couch blanket on the floor to vacuum the couch (dog hair) and turned around...

My dog has pulled my blanket off the back of the couch to cuddle in it too :3:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My signature started easy to read and its steadily become gibberish over the last ten years.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Time to blast Good Riddance (don't actually do this ever) and scroll through an amazing Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1351911008634331140

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Time to blast Good Riddance (don't actually do this ever) and scroll through an amazing Twitter thread:

okay but do this version of the song instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TU-URmrtQ

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I'm a millennial that had a friend die in highschool and another die in their early twenties, I will never, ever play that song myself.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

okay but do this version of the song instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TU-URmrtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FcSfW9V2So

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I'm a millennial that had a friend die in highschool and another die in their early twenties, I will never, ever play that song myself.

My wife and I were just talking about how Good Riddance and These Are The Days were like the two songs that dominated every end of the year/recap video of the 90s.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I don’t think I’ll ever get over this photo. I mean, it just sums up so much, so perfectly succinct yet replete with meaning

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
^^ This guy gets it

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Pro click. I still think the fast food spread is the defining picture of his term but it's a tough call.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

My wife and I were just talking about how Good Riddance and These Are The Days were like the two songs that dominated every end of the year/recap video of the 90s.

It's one thing when it's the song at the end of a Seinfeld retrospective.

Funerals ...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

swickles posted:

You can buy like 75% of the ortho equipment from Home Depot.

Imagine not buying them at Menards to save big money.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I don't actually know where they get them, lol. The bits and stuff are specialized, to be sterilized and ideal for bone/muscle and such, but one time a drill broke and all the other ones were in use so they literally sent an intern with the attendings credit card to an ACE Hardware (as it was closest) to buy a new drill. You can't buy just any drill though, because it has to be able to be sterilized. If I remember correctly, they just used an extender and a non-scrubbed resident held the drill while the scrubbed surgeon guided the sterile bit into place. That was a wild day and nowhere near the norm, and required a bunch of poo poo to go wrong for that to happen.

One day I will tell the story of the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen in my medical career, maybe even tonight if I feel up to it after a shower and such.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

I don't actually know where they get them, lol. The bits and stuff are specialized, to be sterilized and ideal for bone/muscle and such, but one time a drill broke and all the other ones were in use so they literally sent an intern with the attendings credit card to an ACE Hardware (as it was closest) to buy a new drill. You can't buy just any drill though, because it has to be able to be sterilized. If I remember correctly, they just used an extender and a non-scrubbed resident held the drill while the scrubbed surgeon guided the sterile bit into place. That was a wild day and nowhere near the norm, and required a bunch of poo poo to go wrong for that to happen.

One day I will tell the story of the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen in my medical career, maybe even tonight if I feel up to it after a shower and such.

Was it a man with a degloving during priapism

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Never buy tools from Menards no matter how big the money you're saving is

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think if i had to create a clean room drill i'd just put a regular drill in a plastic bag and slip a silicone grommet over the drill bit and zip tie the bag to the grommet. spray it down with alcohol or iodine or whatever.

walla

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Samadhi posted:

Was it a man with a degloving during priapism

An old partner of mine picked up a dude in a car from a traffic stop, bleeding profusely with a degloved dick and balls.

He worked at a local sawmills and decided to drag his dick on a swift industrial conveyor belt, you know, for kicks.

He didn't count on there being a staple in the belt.

Ripped the skin from the base of his scrotum and pulled out a patch circumferentially and it was all bunched up at the head, testicles just kind of free of their flesh cage.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

hifi posted:

i think if i had to create a clean room drill i'd just put a regular drill in a plastic bag and slip a silicone grommet over the drill bit and zip tie the bag to the grommet. spray it down with alcohol or iodine or whatever.

walla

That is kind of whats done anyways, but the drill simply has to be water resistant for a variety of reasons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

testicles just kind of free of their flesh cage

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

LeeMajors posted:

An old partner of mine picked up a dude in a car from a traffic stop, bleeding profusely with a degloved dick and balls.

He worked at a local sawmills and decided to drag his dick on a swift industrial conveyor belt, you know, for kicks.

He didn't count on there being a staple in the belt.

Ripped the skin from the base of his scrotum and pulled out a patch circumferentially and it was all bunched up at the head, testicles just kind of free of their flesh cage.

That's nuts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jesus why would you post this aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

swickles posted:

:hellyeah:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Never buy tools from Menards no matter how big the money you're saving is

Doing the Grandpa Simpson 180 when I walk into a surgery room and see a bunch of MasterCraft labels.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Doing the Grandpa Simpson 180 when I walk into a surgery room and see a bunch of MasterCraft labels.

Its almost always Ryobi or Black and Decker (I think they have a separate medical division)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My friend told me about putting 5 tourniquets on someone once to stop a bleed. I dunno why I assumed one would be enough like the movies.

Thats my medicine story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kenmore tools are used in the burn unit, since the patients have been seared.