Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

So is autumn leaves the only quest mod with FNV caliber writing? Since this and the other big quest mod I’ve played, beyond boulder dome, were kinda cringey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

rope kid posted:

[Speech 50] It was just a prank.

It must be pretty neat to see your orbital space cannon from van buren finally show up in a game but it also comes with bdsm snake men

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Doesn't base New Vegas have an orbital space cannon?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

FrancisFukyomama posted:

So is autumn leaves the only quest mod with FNV caliber writing? Since this and the other big quest mod I’ve played, beyond boulder dome, were kinda cringey

autumn leaves is definitely worth playing. it made me feel emotions

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't base New Vegas have an orbital space cannon?

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Euclid%27s_C-Finder

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yeah, I always complete that quest in a way that gets like farmers or whatever electricity, but I'd read about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just want to say I deeply regret my previous questions about The Frontier and I apologize to all of the developers of the mod where you can put a bomb collar on a woman named America in order to make her your slave, apparently because she made fun of you once within ear shot.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
re: autumn leaves, is there any explanation for the messages on the terminals?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

re: autumn leaves, is there any explanation for the messages on the terminals?

I think it's another AI that's doing its own thing, but I genuinely can't remember.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

So uh, the writers really leaned into misogyny huh

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Would it really have been so hard to just stop writing after "Get real"?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I watched my friend play the CoD campaign intro for NCR and it was pretty impressive on a technical level. Really goofy though.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Big mass battles really are not one of FNV's strengths. I appreciate that they tried, but man, they shoulda just had you be a free contractor from the start instead of...whatever the hell that was.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

PinheadSlim posted:

Would it really have been so hard to just stop writing ?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiXPn7uUq5E

I really hope Xilandro releases his car mod separately. They're insanely good at hacking workable poo poo into the gamebryo engine.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So uh I’m playing the Frontier, fighting some “strange creatures” when suddenly Victor rolls up out of nowhere and starts shooting them. When talked to he gives the same dialogue he does when rescuing you if you go north from Goodsprings.

That’s certainly a bug.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

House told him to keep an eye on you. He's just doing his job.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Nckdictator posted:

So uh I’m playing the Frontier, fighting some “strange creatures” when suddenly Victor rolls up out of nowhere and starts shooting them. When talked to he gives the same dialogue he does when rescuing you if you go north from Goodsprings.

That’s certainly a bug.

Kinda wanna console myself a star bottlecap to see if Malcom comes running in the middle of loving Portland.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
FANCY MEETING YOU HERE, FRIEND.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus, why does fanfiction have to try and drag down the real games like that.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know for all the poo poo that Bethesda (rightfully) gets for their games having a bunch of pointless callbacks to the old games, I've never seen anything quite as bad as that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Clearly you never played New California.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Clearly you never played New California.

Is New California THAT bad? :stare: oof.

Speaking of NC, is NC any better than Frontier? I never played that one either since 99.9 % of NV quest mods are garbage because most of the Fallout fandom just don't understand what makes Fallout good so you get cringy fanfic poo poo like all the stuff that's been posted in this thread. :smith:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Someone needs to mod in a vault where the experiment was just to produce the most horrible wankbait characters imaginable to the twisted pre-war minds of the enclave.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Lmao GOTY

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jamie Faith posted:

Speaking of NC, is NC any better than Frontier? I never played that one either since 99.9 % of NV quest mods are garbage because most of the Fallout fandom just don't understand what makes Fallout good so you get cringy fanfic poo poo like all the stuff that's been posted in this thread. :smith:

In the Frontier your choices are between the NCR, the Legion, the Crusaders etc.

In New California your choices are between Jock and Nerd. And also you're the Courier's origin story.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Oh poo poo, I'd forgotten about that. You were also a clone of the Vault Dweller or something weren't you?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

In the Frontier your choices are between the NCR, the Legion, the Crusaders etc.

In New California your choices are between Jock and Nerd. And also you're the Courier's origin story.

I knew about the couriers origin story thing (which yeah giving the courier a backstory does defeat the whole point of having an empty slate character for roleplaying purposes) and I knew about the nerd/jock choice thing at the beginning but I didnt seriously think that it had a big effect on the story and poo poo lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

[Barter 20/30] I want drugs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey, pipe down! We can't talk about that here, not out in the open!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Can't wait for the defetishisation mod mod

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hey, pipe down! We can't talk about that here, not out in the open!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skB04clNj_Q&ab_channel=RagePage

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not having a high enough level for a dialogue option in the game makes you say something very stupid and usually funny when you select that option, giving a good reason for why it doesn't work. that's one of the better things about new vegas. i'm sorry for defending stepping in dog poo poo

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Jamie Faith posted:

Saxxon's Quest are pretty lore friendly and simple, use some Van Buren stuff for background.

Someguy series is really good, although I think he kinda went up into his own butthole with his ultimate antagonist Marko, as if you play the mods it kind of narrates Marko as your ultimate most important showdown that scars your character. I find that kind of annoying because I believe a mod should give you more stuff to do, but not attempt to change the main game story to make their included stuff be on the same level of importance as vanilla stuff. If you don't like that though, just stick with Bounties I, II, The Inheritance, and Russell for really good quest mods.

Just bring a Minigun or something else for those last two though.

I hear Northern Road Remastered is really good too.

There's also PuceMoose, a goon-made series of mods that I hear are great but conflict with Bounties so I haven't tried them.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 21, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
god that whole intro to Frontier is so annoying, it could be a third as long and wouldn't be any different. I also liked it when oops, you talked to a person? QUESTLINE DERAILED

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I haven't really modded NV apart from the essential stuff in a while, the frontier mod crashes my game whenever I alt tab out which is kind of a deal breaker. Hasn't been happening in my regular playthrough I've been doing. Anyone had any luck avoiding this?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I haven't really modded NV apart from the essential stuff in a while, the frontier mod crashes my game whenever I alt tab out which is kind of a deal breaker. Hasn't been happening in my regular playthrough I've been doing. Anyone had any luck avoiding this?

I haven't had this problem, but that may be because I installed a mod that lets you play the game in borderless windowed mode. It's this option under the Viva New Vegas guide: https://vivanewvegas.github.io/utilities.html#onetweak

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fallout: New Vegas - Let's put a slave collar on this mole rat (Modding Thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Saxxon's Quest are pretty lore friendly and simple, use some Van Buren stuff for background.

Someguy series is really good, although I think he kinda went up into his own butthole with his ultimate antagonist Marko, as if you play the mods it kind of narrates Marko as your ultimate most important showdown that scars your character. I find that kind of annoying because I believe a mod should give you more stuff to do, but not attempt to change the main game story to make their included stuff be on the same level of importance as vanilla stuff. If you don't like that though, just stick with Bounties I, II, The Inheritance, and Russell for really good quest mods.

Just bring a Minigun or something else for those last two though.

I hear Northern Road Remastered is really good too.

There's also PuceMoose, a goon-made series of mods that I hear are great but conflict with Bounties so I haven't tried them.

Puce Moose's mods are great, would recommend for Fallout 3 and New Vegas