Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Just adding another rave review of the Litter Robot, I got it about 2 years ago and it's been flawless and fantastic the whole time.

Pay the extra $50 for WiFi because if I'm ever away for a few days it's strangely comforting to see my guy is still alive and making GBS threads regularly.

I recommend this litter with it, it clumps well with no dust, and Bezos will deliver it right to your door:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009X29WK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

hasegawa posted:

Hi Cat thread,

I have started and deleted a half dozen posts to this thread since we adopted 2 kittens back in July. Most of the behaviors/concerns gradually changed over time, so I haven't felt the need to hit Submit. But we are slowly losing an arms race with these little shits, and it's going to come down to having to move to a space with different doors, or ditching one (or both) of these cats.

We adopted both Asiago (F calico, 3 months old) in July 2020. 1 week later, we adopted Vuli (F black cat, 3 months + 2 weeks old) because Asi is insane and has the energy of a dog, and us two humans couldn't keep up with her. Playing with her for 15 minutes, or 1 hour, or 2 hours isn't enough. The other cat will lay down to sleep, and Asi just keeps loving going and going and going until she gets bored. Sometimes we have regretted not adopting one of Asi's litter mates from the shelter (who all got adopted out right after she did), but despite the chaos, Asiago and Vuli ultimately treat each other like family for the most part and seem to be a functional cat pair.

For the first couple of months we were originally locking them in the upstairs guest bedroom night and letting them out in the morning. Back in September, I just left them out one night when my partner was out of town, and they've had access to most of the house at night ever since (minus the kitchen, or the master bedroom where we are). This way they have more area to chase each other, access to another window to look out, etc. Basically trying to keep them not bored and happy, but I acknowledge that these are spoiled rotten quarantine cats, so they don't have a realistic view of their world, and no amount of food or money spent or attention given will ever be good enough for these bratty summer children that haven't actually gone hungry before.

Both cats misbehave in different ways. Vuli's biggest bad behavior is jumping on the kitchen counter, even during meal prep. We lined the serving bar around the kitchen with 5 gallon water jugs so they can't jump on top, and use an ikea room divider to block the main entrance to the kitchen. Every time we go into the kitchen now, we have to move the god drat room divider. We have paid a heavy toll in terms of day to day livability by modifying our living space to try to keep the peace with these stupid cats, and balancing it with them attempting to kill themselves by eating human things that are bad for cats. You'd think after the 3rd bout of explosive diarrhea that they'd learn not to eat bread, but these little fuckers seem to CRAVE IT.

Asi can't jump as high as Vuli, but both cats have worked together to get access to human food in the past. Asi's annoying behavior since October or so is that she discovered how to open the lovely apartment closet doors that just pop shut without having a latch or a real door handle. Oh she has also taken to eating paper, cardboard, tape, plastic, bits of string, rubber bands, and I even caught her crunching on a piece of crystal litter she found on the floor once, but that's beside the point.

We now shut these doors every single time one of us goes upstairs, because Asi neurotically opens every door, all the time.

So, door opening, and them having access to downstairs at night created this scenario. Here are the last 3 failed attempts to stop the poo poo rats from eating poo poo.

Problem: Asiago demonstrated she could open the pantry by pawing at the door.
Solution #1: Put 10+ small pieces of duct tape into the grooves that the small rollers on top of the doors pop into, making it much more difficult to open and close those doors.

This held for 2 weeks, until one morning we came down to find the pantry open, and found a shredded bag buns on the floor, and puddles of diarrhea in the cat box.

Solution #2: A parallel problem to the door opening, was the cats chewing at the exposed portion of trash bag around the neck of our old trash can. The fix for both was to buy a heavy metal 15+ lb trash can from Sam's club. The bags are concealed, so nothing to eat at the outside, and the cats aren't capable of knocking it over. We would simply put the can outside the pantry where the doors meet, and Asi wasn't strong enough to pull the doors open. This held for one-two weeks, until we came down one morning to find they somehow slid the can out of the way and still popped the pantry open, and ate more bread.

Solution #3: Add a room divider to the trash can defense for the pantry. I mean, we already have to move one room divider to go into the kitchen, or another room divider to water my plants in the den, so what's another loving room divider to move anytime I want to eat?

This too held for a week or so, until this morning.

I recreated this for the sake of a photo. Last night they SOMEHOW pulled the side of the room divider with the trashcan leaning on it, somehow got behind it and pulled popped the door open, and somehow squeezed inside the pantry with the combined weight leaning on the door.

We found partially eaten bags of buns and tortillas on the floor of the pantry, and both cats have squired liters of liquid diarrhea poo poo since before we woke up today. Asi just squirted some in front of the fireplace, because gently caress. YOU. HUMANS

In retrospect, not locking them in the small bedroom at night was the single underlying cause of this. Starting tonight, we will move their always-plugged in pet heating pads into the guest bedroom, and we will let them out in the morning. I will also pull the washing machine out of that laundry closet and ram it in front of the bedroom door, because Asi gets hulk strength when she wants to be a little rear end in a top hat.

If I don't, I imagine that the next escalation of their bad behavior is to to start ripping copper plumbing out of the walls and cooking meth under the sink. God drat cats.

I don't have any advice, I'm just blown away by how cunning and persistent your cats are w/r/t getting into the pantry and finding bread to eat. I've had or lived with like 10 different cats over the years, plenty of them have had a taste for bread, but none of them went to those lengths to get it.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I considered child-proofing our cabinets when Katya started learning how to open doors, instead we just moved some stuff around so she could only reach cans and other uninteresting stuff. She did once pull an entire lasagna that was cooling with the oven-door cracked out onto the floor, but it was vegetarian so joke's on her.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I will add that a lot of it for us was just life-style changes, we learned real quick not to leave anything out and to stock our cabinets in a way all the desirable stuff was out of reach.

We once found a pack of tortilla's opened with a bite taken out of each one, and then there was the breadpocalypse of course.

https://twitter.com/invisiblemonkey/status/1236650610155552773?s=20

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
My late cat loved bread. Occasionally I'd have my lunch bag sitting by the door before leaving for work, and he'd get into it, pull the sandwich bag out of the bag, pull the sandwich out of the bag, and go to town.

He was a good boy.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

I noticed that my cat had some scabs in his armpit area. Then today, he hopped on my lap and I noticed he had a scab on his head:

It looks like a scab, isn't bumpy, and doesn't seem to bother him when I touch it. Is it vet visit worthy? I live indoors and he goes to a groomer monthly to get a bath / haircut. Is there anything I can put on to treat it?

Looks like it might be ringworm. Ringworm is actually a fungus. Your vet will have shampoo or cream for the cat. They will test by shining a special light on the cat to see if the patch fluoresces. Humans can get it too. You can use lotramin or similar if you find lesions on your skin.

hasegawa
Dec 30, 2008

Wedge Regret

MarcusSA posted:

Having just dealt with this issue what worked for me was putting aluminum foil on all the counters.

We tried foil to discourage them from jumping on our desks a while back, but it just became another crinkly thing for them to sit on and make constant noise with. They aren't phased by aluminum foil, and the Ssscat! automated spray cans would rarely activate consistently and would spray at us more than the cats. So far the only thing that has worked is to physically obstruct the space with a room divider, and we have to keep a full 5 gallon water jug in front of it at night, or Asi will somehow pry it open and get into the kitchen every single time.

Boogalo posted:

Y'all need some babyproofing locks. There are lots of kinds but these are probably the most sturdy and unreachable for a cat.

That's a great suggestion, thanks for the idea. I'll order some of those and give it a try.

InvisibleMonkey posted:

We once found a pack of tortilla's opened with a bite taken out of each one, and then there was the breadpocalypse of course.

https://twitter.com/invisiblemonkey/status/1236650610155552773?s=20

It's always one bite from each piece, like the rear end in a top hat kid who takes a bite from each potato chip before putting it back in the bag. Our cats ruined a bag of bagels, and a bag of fresh Ciabatta bread in this manner. They just gnawed at the corners a bit from each piece and left the rest in the middle of the floor. The absolute savages.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

The other night Seamus jumped onto the end table and gently touched his butthole to the mouth of the bottle of beer my husband had just opened.

Otherwise he tries to eat all the things we leave out and chatters at us all whiny-like when we tell him no or separate him from the temptation. So far he’s not gotten into packaged food in the pantry, which is all open shelving and has a door that doesn’t close all the way (due to one of the shelves jutting out too much), so we’d be screwed if he ever got that idea in his head.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I once found a bag of rice under the bed. rear end in a top hat hunted it out of a cabinet and drug it through the house

On another occasion we were given two packs of english muffins and one went missing only to be found under the bed

And then a long time ago he chewed through a cardboard box to gnaw on a doughnut

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I learned long ago to keep all bread products in the fridge. Might not taste as good but it’s better than the alternative.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Helps them keep longer too

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

so apparently my cat's surgery to omentalize his psuedocyst didn't work. i feel like poo poo. they're gonna try him on steroids to see if that reduces inflammation. with the caveat that because he's not quite 14 days post-op (he's 9), his biopsy sites can open up and release his intestinal contents into his body and he could go into septic shock and die! cool!

i am so unhappy :(

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I’m a lurker but just wanted to pop in and say I’m so sorry you and your cat are going through this jimmychoo. :sympathy: That sounds frustrating and devastating. I hope you can both get some rest in the next few days and fingers crossed the steroids help or they figure out a better solution. Sending you both good vibes!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ghost Cactus posted:

Looks like it might be ringworm. Ringworm is actually a fungus. Your vet will have shampoo or cream for the cat. They will test by shining a special light on the cat to see if the patch fluoresces. Humans can get it too. You can use lotramin or similar if you find lesions on your skin.

Alright, I'll take him in then.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So when you all talk about this life changing litter robot you mean this right?

https://www.chewy.com/litter-robot-wifi-enabled-automatic/dp/278270

Wanted to chime in cause I got this for my 2 cats.

It works great, except when it rotates and the tuxedo has to stand on it and attack the rotating litter and stops the cycling :argh:

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!

hasegawa posted:

We tried foil to discourage them from jumping on our desks a while back, but it just became another crinkly thing for them to sit on and make constant noise with. They aren't phased by aluminum foil, and the Ssscat! automated spray cans would rarely activate consistently and would spray at us more than the cats. So far the only thing that has worked is to physically obstruct the space with a room divider, and we have to keep a full 5 gallon water jug in front of it at night, or Asi will somehow pry it open and get into the kitchen every single time.

We've really just accepted that one of ours will always get on the counter (our kitchen isn't in a separate room) and we'll just clean before making food. Easier to keep him off when you're actually there, and honestly, cats just want to be up high so eh, why not. I can clean.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

WindowLiquor posted:

We've really just accepted that one of ours will always get on the counter (our kitchen isn't in a separate room) and we'll just clean before making food. Easier to keep him off when you're actually there, and honestly, cats just want to be up high so eh, why not. I can clean.

This is us. No point in an open-plan kitchen/dining/living room, so we just shut her out while making dinner, and clean the surfaces first.

Maple is now fascinated by all things water, including running up any time I run the kitchen tap, so she can watch the water run down the plughole. If there's bubbles slowly popping/dissolving, she'll be there for ages.

Also, having her sleep in said downstairs room, to make way for the kitten, is going ok, except the other night where she pushed the toaster onto the floor... Small appliances are now blu-tacked down.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Inexplicable Cat Bread Lust is definitely a thing, take a look at this. Hera (also pictured below) ripped open a loaf of bread then basically took a single bite out of each slice, just to ensure I had to throw the entire thing away.

And the culprit

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

My cat doesn't care for bread, but does care for stealing the little wires that close the bread bag, dragging them around, scratching up the floor and threatening to swallow them.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

Crocobile posted:

I’m a lurker but just wanted to pop in and say I’m so sorry you and your cat are going through this jimmychoo. :sympathy: That sounds frustrating and devastating. I hope you can both get some rest in the next few days and fingers crossed the steroids help or they figure out a better solution. Sending you both good vibes!

thanks bud, that really helps :)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

seiferguy posted:

Alright, I'll take him in then.

I'm a little late and should have spoken earlier, but I'd second their evaluation, that looks like when our Russell got a ringworm spot & others before him at the shelter. Definitely play it safe and get them started on treatment, it's not terribly hard to deal with when it happens as long as you're thorough. Keep in mind it can spread to people & linger in the environment, and consider a quarantine if your home allows for it. Gonna be a fair amount of disinfecting to do and possibly replacing some things. Your vet will go over all that with you.
Good luck on a quick recovery.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SkyeAuroline posted:

I'm a little late and should have spoken earlier, but I'd second their evaluation, that looks like when our Russell got a ringworm spot & others before him at the shelter. Definitely play it safe and get them started on treatment, it's not terribly hard to deal with when it happens as long as you're thorough. Keep in mind it can spread to people & linger in the environment, and consider a quarantine if your home allows for it. Gonna be a fair amount of disinfecting to do and possibly replacing some things. Your vet will go over all that with you.
Good luck on a quick recovery.

Yeah, I'm a pretty active cleaner, and thankfully he sleeps on the couch which always has a washable couch cover on it.

The earliest for a non-urgent care my vet can get me in is early next week. Should this be an urgent care matter? The difference is $85, which I'm willing to pay if its a serious issue.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, I'm a pretty active cleaner, and thankfully he sleeps on the couch which always has a washable couch cover on it.

The earliest for a non-urgent care my vet can get me in is early next week. Should this be an urgent care matter? The difference is $85, which I'm willing to pay if its a serious issue.

It's contagious and human-transmissible, so I would definitely take it seriously. It's enough of a perennial problem that our shelter has most of the treatment supplies on hand & can start treatment in-house, so I can't speak from a position of experience on waiting vs going in immediately and will defer to others in the thread who have dealt with it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It seems I've been adopted by a neighborhood cat / abandoned kitty.

A couple of weeks ago I got home from work a bit after ten PM, and this cat tried to follow me through the door. Checked on it, super soft and friendly, so I figured she'd gotten out from somewhere and let her be on her way.

This morning, I went out back to smoke, and here she comes darting directly towards me and jumped right into my lap. I got home this evening and she was asleep on the patio table. Gave her a scratch and started walking around the back yard and it was like we were attached at the hip.

I made one of those rubbermaid/hay/styrofoam cooler shelters last year, and there are two small doghouses in the yard, none of them have any kittens in them and her nipples don't show any signs of nursing. No ear tip either. My assumption is that someone moved and decided my neighborhood would be a good place to abandon her.

As soon as I can I'm going to check for a chip (doubt it) and have the vet check for pregnancy and if that's all clear, get her fixed, vaccinated, and bring her in.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Grats, tuxes are awesome.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Did you let your vet know it may be ringworm? They may be able to better advise on urgent care vs. early next week appointment. Like SkyeAuroline said, it’s a perennial problem at vets and shelters - its relatively common and usually very treatable. The spores are just kind of everywhere so it’s easy for pets to get - especially if they’re stressed or immunocompromised.

Follow your gut on the urgent care. You mentioned your cat didn’t seem bothered by the areas. I would recommend monitoring them to make sure they’re eating and as active as they usually are. If so, your regular vet may be the best bet - you could always give your vet a phone call to set your mind at ease in the meantime.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

saintonan posted:

Grats, tuxes are awesome.

:hmmyes:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

seiferguy posted:

I had ringworm on the back of my hand as a kid and didn't get it looked at for 2 or 3 months, it was fine. I don't remember it even itching much or anything, it just looked ugly. It's usually not a condition that involves a lot of suffering. Itchiness is sometimes a symptom, but if you haven't noticed the cat going crazy trying to scratch it probably isn't bad. Waiting a week to get an appointment shouldn't cause harm.

It can spread to humans, so wash your hand frequently. Which you're probably already doing because covid. If you do catch it the treatment is just an over the counter anti-fungal, nbd.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ringworm-body/symptoms-causes/syc-20353780

It's important, but it's not an emergency.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Hello thread, we recently got a New Cat, she's about 10 months old, an adopted street cat and she is (understandably) terrified. She's been with us for a week now and we've yet to see her, she spends all day hiding under the couch. She wouldn't eat for the first 2 days, until we bought a Feliway diffuser, and the combination of that and hunger at least got her eating. Would you recommend leaving her in her hiding spot without interacting with her, or should we try something else? It doesn't even look like a comfortable hiding spot, it's hard to explain, but she's perched on a small ledge inside the couch, so you can't even see her if you just do a cursory glance under the couch. Similarly she can never see us from where she hides.

We have another older former street cat, who is quite scared herself, but since New Cat is hiding literally every moment of the day we haven't been able to introduce them to each other, we let Older Cat in the room where she is and she could clearly tell something was up, went sniffing around New Cat's couch from all angles, without showing any signs of aggression, so I'm hoping they will get along, if we could only get New Cat to come out of her hiding spot.

Another question about Old Cat, does anyone else have a cat who's behaviour towards them changes drastically depending on the time of day? As long as the sun is up, Old Cat will go out of her way to avoid being in the same room as me, but during the night she changes completely, and now she's in a phase where she likes to sleep on my chest until I fall asleep. Weird cat.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Hey, just adopted a five-year-old cat from a volunteer animal rescue organization. He has had diarrhea a bunch (I've only had him 12 days) and today there's a drop of blood in it (happy to link pic).

I'm calling the vet when they open, but does anyone have any idea what it might be? He's acting relaxed and playing with my other cat. Still interested in food, etc. The first time I took him to the vet they gave him probiotics and tested for parasites (none in his poo).

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

Christoph posted:

Hey, just adopted a five-year-old cat from a volunteer animal rescue organization. He has had diarrhea a bunch (I've only had him 12 days) and today there's a drop of blood in it (happy to link pic).

I'm calling the vet when they open, but does anyone have any idea what it might be? He's acting relaxed and playing with my other cat. Still interested in food, etc. The first time I took him to the vet they gave him probiotics and tested for parasites (none in his poo).

My cat had diarrhea a couple months ago and a few days in there was blood in it. Doc said that as long as it was just a tiny bit, it was probably just his butthole being a little raw/irritated (probiotics fixed it—pumpkin is also a good bet). Obviously if it keeps up take him in but there’s a good chance it’s just an unfortunate side effect of the sad poops and not indicative of anything bigger.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

JaneError posted:

My cat had diarrhea a couple months ago and a few days in there was blood in it. Doc said that as long as it was just a tiny bit, it was probably just his butthole being a little raw/irritated (probiotics fixed it—pumpkin is also a good bet). Obviously if it keeps up take him in but there’s a good chance it’s just an unfortunate side effect of the sad poops and not indicative of anything bigger.

Thank you for the info! I hate to put you in this position, but here is the sad poop: https://i.imgur.com/Yf4Ec8v.jpg

Is that what you consider a lot of blood?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

kanonvandekempen posted:

Hello thread, we recently got a New Cat, she's about 10 months old, an adopted street cat and she is (understandably) terrified. She's been with us for a week now and we've yet to see her, she spends all day hiding under the couch. She wouldn't eat for the first 2 days, until we bought a Feliway diffuser, and the combination of that and hunger at least got her eating. Would you recommend leaving her in her hiding spot without interacting with her, or should we try something else? It doesn't even look like a comfortable hiding spot, it's hard to explain, but she's perched on a small ledge inside the couch, so you can't even see her if you just do a cursory glance under the couch. Similarly she can never see us from where she hides.
You move at the speed at which she's comfortable. You can spend time in the same room as her and simply be there without interacting to show her you're not a threat. Removing a hiding space will only scare her more and she will seek a more difficult space because it'll seem, to her, that something's out to get her. This sort of behavior requires a lot of time and patience, you can't rush it.

quote:

Another question about Old Cat, does anyone else have a cat who's behaviour towards them changes drastically depending on the time of day? As long as the sun is up, Old Cat will go out of her way to avoid being in the same room as me, but during the night she changes completely, and now she's in a phase where she likes to sleep on my chest until I fall asleep. Weird cat.
My female out of a trio I have will only be friendly to me when I'm in bed, otherwise she's pretty aloof. Cats be catting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Alright you jerks, you (and everyone else, plus every video I watched) convinced me to get a dang Litter Robot. Len, I used your link.

This better be a literal Life-Changing Event!!!

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

Christoph posted:

Thank you for the info! I hate to put you in this position, but here is the sad poop: https://i.imgur.com/Yf4Ec8v.jpg

Is that what you consider a lot of blood?

Obligatory disclaimer, not a vet, etc, but that looks similar to what my guy had—I didn’t consider it a ton, and it was concentrated in one place versus being throughout the entire poo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kanonvandekempen posted:

If you like to read, I've had some luck with nervous cats by sitting on the floor nearby reading quietly. It lets them peek and sniff from a distance in a non-threatening way. Very pointedly not looking at a cat is polite to cats. Sitting on the floor makes you smaller and less scary.

Then gradually putting out some stinky treats between me and the cat. Closer to the cat at first. So the cat can stretch out their neck and snatch the treat, while I totally ignore them. Then if that works closer to the middle between us, and so on.

The goal is to teach the cat that I am not a dangerous predator. I'm big and dumb and slow moving, but not dangerous.

e: You could also try throwing some dirty laundry under the couch. Get your body scent all up in their face without anything scary happening.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you like to read, I've had some luck with nervous cats by sitting on the floor nearby reading quietly. It lets them peek and sniff from a distance in a non-threatening way. Very pointedly not looking at a cat is polite to cats. Sitting on the floor makes you smaller and less scary.

Then gradually putting out some stinky treats between me and the cat. Closer to the cat at first. So the cat can stretch out their neck and snatch the treat, while I totally ignore them. Then if that works closer to the middle between us, and so on.

The goal is to teach the cat that I am not a dangerous predator. I'm big and dumb and slow moving, but not dangerous.

Can confirm that this approach works pretty well, used it with several of the cats in my shelter room.

Can't use it any more because Corky is a little goblin that treats anything on the floor as territory to be marked (he's been fixed since he was old enough to have it safely done, over a decade ago - we don't know why he does it). But it works.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alright you jerks, you (and everyone else, plus every video I watched) convinced me to get a dang Litter Robot. Len, I used your link.

I found it was and don't forget that it does have a like 90 day return policy. Keep the box just in case!

I found that to get rear end in a top hat to use it I just needed to transfer some cat poop into it and got with the program. Bean took a little bit more time to be brave and I had to just remove the original box before she started using it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

It is really nice to not have to scoop litter anymore tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

It is really nice to not have to scoop litter anymore tbh

I did the ultra pro move of buying a Litter Robot for my two cats, thereby avoiding daily scooping, then adopting a special needs cat a month later. So now I get to deal with one cat who makes more of a mess than 4-5 typical cats combined, every day. Great stuff!