Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ringo Roadagain posted:

norm doesnt give a poo poo because he is one of a few people who has actually been "canceled"

old as poo poo and there's nothing anyone can do to him that they haven't already done. checked out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gay_crimes posted:

I think they’re unparalleled but I also don’t listen to every vaguely leftist podcast for 20 hours a day at 3x speed like some freaks in this thread

thats just one insane goon

my podcast is mostly cum town, trueanon, death is just around the corner, and matt christman's vlogs. ocassionally a chapo ep if it sounds good. sometimes citations needed but they do one like once a month and even more rarely one good one once a quarter. kinda fell off dick wolff train tho im still subbed to him but hes onlyy like 20 minutes long + 10 minutes of radio jingles

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

trueanon is great and probably the best ‘leftist’ podcast, but some of their episodes are so dense I will lose the plot if I zone out or get distracted for a minute or two. sometimes I just want to put on a clay mask, light a candle and sit in the bath listening to cumtown. it’s a land of contrasts.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

alex ptak was on fire tonight on the pod drat twitch stream

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

trueanon is undoubtedly the most entertaining of all the 'leftist' shows that ive listened to. far and away a better entertainment product than the rest of that middling garbage.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i'll be honest i skip the epstein eps of trueanon but i love every other ep they do on random things they're really on about. their eps on the koch brothers and the powell memo poo poo were excellent

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lol if you don't listen to cumtown at 0.5x speed

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ringo Roadagain posted:

norm doesnt give a poo poo because he is one of a few people who has actually been "canceled"

speaking of, they should get my man Steven Salaita on next

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Fleetwood posted:

I finally listened to cum town over the weekend and it was a lot better than I expected

yeah I gave it another try and laughed pretty hard at the most recent one

Korean Dan Schneider is very good

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

fabergay egg posted:

trueanon is undoubtedly the most entertaining of all the 'leftist' shows that ive listened to. far and away a better entertainment product than the rest of that middling garbage.

peak Chapo was the era of the cold open. now trueanon reigns, for they still bother making bits to open with

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

thats just one insane goon

my podcast is mostly cum town, trueanon, death is just around the corner, and matt christman's vlogs. ocassionally a chapo ep if it sounds good. sometimes citations needed but they do one like once a month and even more rarely one good one once a quarter. kinda fell off dick wolff train tho im still subbed to him but hes onlyy like 20 minutes long + 10 minutes of radio jingles

Listening to the cushbomb vlogs but not actual chapo is an absolutely sicko mode approach to podcasts

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

Listening to the cushbomb vlogs but not actual chapo is an absolutely sicko mode approach to podcasts
guilty as charged. matt and felix are the ones i like hearing ramble the most so im gunna sicko mode purestrain iv that poo poo straight into the jugular until my brain explodes wiht random civil war factoids about the worst confederate general and how one senator derailed the reconstruction.

i still do; just not as often as i've listened to them over the last 4+ years. WW84 ep was really funny and they've still got it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I got back into Extra Credit and I'm really glad I did; these show notes are loving insane

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

i'll be honest i skip the epstein eps of trueanon but i love every other ep they do on random things they're really on about. their eps on the koch brothers and the powell memo poo poo were excellent

also i kind agree the epstein gizzlaine episodes are probably my least favorite at the moment. sometimes the epstein-adjacent ones can be interesting like the one about modelling world and jean luc brunel is something im not familiar with. maybe if some actual big juicy deets happen but I feel like an Epstien/Ghizzlane episode is mostly just rehashed poo poo that's been said a lot already and isn't anything new there.

e: The Cock Bros 2-parter episode is totally top tier and people should listen to that one. The ending on the part 2 is :discourse:

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:47 on Jan 21, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position posted:

I got back into Extra Credit and I'm really glad I did; these show notes are loving insane

wasn't there some scandal with Extra Credit some years back about the creator being a sex pest

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

yeah trueanon is like x files in that the motw eps are significantly better than the ‘lore’ eps. also I’m just finishing the new one and it’s really good, despite not having a really cogent theme or political point. I think I just like listening to interesting people talk.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

wasn't there some scandal with Extra Credit some years back about the creator being a sex pest

no idea, that's the first I've heard of it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Victory Position posted:

no idea, that's the first I've heard of it
i feel like there was a tommy gun loaded with cancellation scandals spraying everywhere at everything in 2018-20 and transfiguring heard-down-the-grapevine that it's impossible to keep track of anything whatsoever even if there was. poo poo just blurs together unless it was memorable for some reason (like that one dsa chapter-head)

i dont know anything about extra credit myself but it doesnt soudn familiar

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Xaris posted:

i feel like there was a tommy gun loaded with cancellation scandals spraying everywhere at everything in 2018-20 and transfiguring heard-down-the-grapevine that it's impossible to keep track of anything whatsoever even if there was. poo poo just blurs together unless it was memorable for some reason (like that one dsa chapter-head)

i dont know anything about extra credit myself but it doesnt soudn familiar

I think you're mixing up the video game YouTube channel Extra Credit(s?) with the F Plus offshoot podcast Extra Credit

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Troy Queef posted:

speaking of, they should get my man Steven Salaita on next

According to wikipedia he drives a school bus now but he got like almost a million dollar settlement from U of Illinois so I assume he just does it for fun so he would 100% be a great fit for trueanon

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

I think you're mixing up the video game YouTube channel Extra Credit(s?) with the F Plus offshoot podcast Extra Credit

OHHHHHHHHHHH yeah that's it. I was talking about the youtube videos about bideo games

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
gently caress you Mullen now I gotta go back and hound down every kpop song played in the latest cum town ep

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TheSlutPit posted:

I think I just like listening to interesting people talk.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

new alab dropping soon

https://twitter.com/ALABSeries/status/1351722443807879168?s=20

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
since Finklestein is a topic again go listen to ALABs episodes on Dershowitz (15-16) which deal pretty heavily with the details of how Finklestein got hosed over by the shittiest lawyer in America.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
and top it off with this 10 minute candid recording of fink and dersh talking in a restaurant. You really get a sense of the dishonesty of dersh as a human being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlBCXrZXHE

the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree with dersh's kid either, sounds like a complete piece of poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

alex ptak was on fire tonight on the pod drat twitch stream

not literally, unfortunately

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

some plague rats posted:

Matt's streams have been consistently way more interesting than the main show for at least 6 months now imo. Maybe it's just because I like 19th century history a lot but he always has insightful takes and I don't feel like the main show really works that well anymore. I think if Amber and Matt did more of those Frost-Christman episodes, Inebriated Past, etc. that would be good enough for me.

I agree with what others have said about TrueAnon though. Definitely the best in that subgenre of podcasts.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

chapo is the best its ever been imo, but yeah the matt v-logs are really good as well

true anon is awesome, they’ve been killing it

outside of that, i have not really heard any podcasts that can combine politics and comedy in the same way with good chemistry between the hosts. it seems like a pretty difficult thing to pull off

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yeah that interview's gonna piss off a lot of people

it really does suck he was shut out of teaching because he's one of the few people you can listen to pretty much indefinitely and not lose interest in what he has to say

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

can't believe they no-sold Virgil's joke about MyPillow selling bedsheets

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

finkelstein is a really interesting guy who's put in the work and paid the price, and it's a testament to the extreme weakness of the western left that dersgoh and co could do him like that

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

THS posted:

chapo is the best its ever been imo, but yeah the matt v-logs are really good as well

true anon is awesome, they’ve been killing it

outside of that, i have not really heard any podcasts that can combine politics and comedy in the same way with good chemistry between the hosts. it seems like a pretty difficult thing to pull off

me neither, but Eat the Rich, Trillbillies, and Seeking Derangements are pretty good

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

okay listening to it now and drat this finkelstein podcast is incredible

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ringo Roadagain posted:

okay listening to it now and drat this finkelstein podcast is incredible

i need to finish it but i started last night and yeah it's good

smdh at liz always calling me out

coathat
May 21, 2007

TrueAnon more like TrueCensors

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I guarantee you that none of the current free speech crew lifted a finger to defend Finkelstein when noted Epstein linked pedophile Alan Dershowitz destroyed his career. Great interview.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

mcmagic posted:

I guarantee you that none of the current free speech crew lifted a finger to defend Finkelstein when noted Epstein linked pedophile Alan Dershowitz destroyed his career. Great interview.

guess who has been absolutely consistent? that’s right, glenn’s right

from 2008 in Salon:

Israel imposes a 10-year ban on American critic of Israeli policies

2013 in the guardian

Brooklyn College's academic freedom increasingly threatened over Israel event

more recently

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/998170361425465344?s=20

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1280962038739734530?s=20

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/913020616617447425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

THS posted:

guess who has been absolutely consistent? that’s right, glenn’s right

glenn's always been a free speech absolutist which led him to those views and also Citizens United was a good decision