Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did you start it on Hard mode? That’s really ridiculously difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Steve Yun posted:

Got Jedi Fallen Order on sale

It’s a pretty good Dark Souls Lite experience, but now the difficulty suddenly ramped up and I’m stuck on the fight with Trilla in her fortress. I’ve fought and lost against her more times than Lady Maria in Bloodborne. Anyone got any tips?

Turn the difficulty down.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been playing Avengers on PS4 still.

Kamala Khan is still the best hero to play as in it (I have 'unlocked' Hulk and Iron Man so far) and I am interested in the story. Then again I am someone who is all in for the MCU and excited for She-Hulk TV series :D It has a sort of fun charm that I was not expecting, but then my expectations were pretty low. I think the Kate Bishop campaign could be fun once I get to it. The menus are pretty bad to navigate and the currency stuff sort of melts my brain, but as a kind of spectacle game each hero is quite different in controls that I do feel I am playing as them (if that makes sense).

The way Hulk runs and jumps and thunder claps are fantastic. Iron Man's flying is great too and quite responsive.

Kamala Khan though. She is the heart of this story and acted superbly and so infectious in her joy and love for superheroes (as well as dealing with suddenly being one herself) that I want to see her whole journey. Plus her powers just rock and she is the most fun to play as, as well as really well animated :D

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The Trilla fight is stupidly long and a pretty big jump in difficulty, so there's not really a lot you can do except to keep trying to power through it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Imhotep posted:

I started playing again! I blame all the good single player games that came out last year, I didn’t touch MHW since I beat it really, but I just installed it cause I saw that you were playing it. Also now that I’ve beaten the game and I own Iceborne, I assume that we can basically play together regardless of rank, yeah?

Yup. Would you like to make a squad for goons one of these nights? Or I can do it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lol crashed in the final(?) mission and when I loaded back in the vehicle I was supposed to get into spawned upside down embedded in geometry. Had to punch it up for a minute then this happened

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1352156865644294144?s=19

I had to keep reloading that section because the soldiers would keep spawning underneath the world, preventing me from completing the objective. That mission has all kinds of problems.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I had to keep reloading that section because the soldiers would keep spawning underneath the world, preventing me from completing the objective. That mission has all kinds of problems.

There’s something about that Aldecaldo ending that feels really low-rent compared to the other main ones, I’m not sure what it is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It does feel noticeably sloppier in both design and pacing than the Johnny/Rogue mission, which was pretty drat good. The no-name Nomads are also capital-B Boring and their section was drawn out forever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Dragon's Crown is a cool game. I like it.

This is just an aside because I misread your post, but have you ever played Dragon's Dogma? I ask because I thought about it for a minute, and there is literally no game on earth I'd like to hear a beanpole take on than Dragon's Dogma.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It does feel noticeably sloppier in both design and pacing than the Johnny/Rogue mission, which was pretty drat good. The no-name Nomads are also capital-B Boring and their section was drawn out forever.

Yeah I didn't care at all about Mitch and uh... Vulture (??). I also found the Saul/Panam stuff to not be very interesting, it just seemed like the same story beat over and over again.
I can't remember their names. The other one you mentioned was soooo much better.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
One interesting thing regarding character designs in 13 Sentinels is that Vanillaware’s traditional (?) ridiculously top-heavy body shapes were just applied to the robots instead.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

One interesting thing regarding character designs in 13 Sentinels is that Vanillaware’s traditional (?) ridiculously top-heavy body shapes were just applied to the robots instead.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Actually I was talking about (usually) the male characters, like Odin in Odin Sphere.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

microwave'sbust rodd's mom lookin pretty well endowed :eyepop:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 21, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Top-heavy" certainly describes both of these well enough.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Actually I was talking about (usually) the male characters, like Odin in Odin Sphere.

Fair enough. No male can achieve the odinic bodytype

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, it's part of the PS+ collection if you can get your hands on a PS5 sometime, or yeah, just buy it whenever because it's super cheap. If you want to buy the whole thing on disc plus Iceborne look for the master edition.

Yeah at this rate base MHW goes usually for less than 15€ on PC and master edition (PS4) on disc is already going down and I'll try get that for both my collection and future PS5 playtime. Thanks!

So I guess 2077 is going for 50% off at some retailers now?

There are plenty of 2nd hand PS4 copies already so I'll be watching to even get a brand new soon for 20€ or so to play on PS5 with the free upgrade :q:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 21, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
All the panam nomand quests i've done so far have been the sole buggist compared to everything else which has just been kinda janky but fine. But jesus all the bugs are in these nomad quests and even the nomad intro.

Also it feels like typical tweeker stuff so im not that engaged with it tbh and panam is a clown.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

Also it feels like typical tweeker stuff so im not that engaged with it tbh and panam is a clown.
Honestly all the shopkeepers in the game are a more interesting character than her and they only have like two things to say each.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Panam was cool but not as cool as Judy, Rogue, or Takemura-san.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m on medium difficulty on Jedi Fallen Order. Going down one step would mean baby mode :negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Please dont ask me about having watched all of the action button videos including all of the tokimeki memorial one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think people have said that Story Mode is the way to play anyway because on anything else normal troopers will not die to a direct strike from a lightsaber which is bull

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played a bit of the Disgaea 6 demo and apart from 3d character graphics it seems to be pretty much the same as ever. I don’t think it’s my thing anymore.

Also it does that thing where it runs the fan harder when it’s on a static screen, like 2D character conversations, then when 3-D animation is actually happening. To me that’s one of the weirdest and most memorable quirks of the PS4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Probably running at an uncapped internal framerate

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

How does the switch to 3D work for it? The 2D sprite art has always been a pretty defining feature of Nippon Ichi games and I'm not sure what I think of moving away from it. Sometimes, going full 3D just makes things look worse.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Please dont ask me about having watched all of the action button videos including all of the tokimeki memorial one

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

How does the switch to 3D work for it? The 2D sprite art has always been a pretty defining feature of Nippon Ichi games and I'm not sure what I think of moving away from it. Sometimes, going full 3D just makes things look worse.
Based on what I saw I wouldn’t say that. They made the 3-D models look a lot like the old sprites, just better animated. Think of how the last few Guilty Gear games have been.

It still looks like a scaled up PS2 game though, just maybe a mid-lifetime one instead of a PS2 launch game.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Probably running at an uncapped internal framerate
Yeah that’s what everyone says, but it’s still bizarre to me how many games have that problem. They must not even consider it a problem.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Based on what I saw I wouldn’t say that. They made the 3-D models look a lot like the old sprites, just better animated. Think of how the last few Guilty Gear games have been.

It still looks like a scaled up PS2 game though, just maybe a mid-lifetime one instead of a PS2 launch game.
Good to hear. Guity Gear looks pretty decent and they managed to keep the aesthetic working there even with the switch to 3D, so I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I just recall how badly the switch from 2D sprites to PSX-era 3D graphics ended up treating for a lot of series at the time. Not too eager to repeat that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's annoying to hear the fans spin up when sitting on the map screen but it's not exactly harmful to your PS4. The reason why inventory screens tend to be uncapped in many games is for snappier feeling menus, having to quickly swap around gear or look at your quest log @30fps is bad news.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I mean the PS4 can only output 60fps max so they probably should have capped at that :v:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

:gottem:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Oh yeah, where you at timezone-wise? Also, where are you at in the game?... is probably the more important question

Sorry! I make friends slow and am bad at it! Like, imhotep and I were going to play monhun years ago and I've never even heard his voice still :lmao:

East Coast US, and more importantly I have a couple hundred hours of hatwearing. Kinda stalled out at the MR69 wall because, well, that quest.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

fridge corn posted:

Please ask me about having watched all of the action button videos including all of the tokimeki memorial one

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

It's annoying to hear the fans spin up when sitting on the map screen but it's not exactly harmful to your PS4. The reason why inventory screens tend to be uncapped in many games is for snappier feeling menus, having to quickly swap around gear or look at your quest log @30fps is bad news.
Making the GPU run hotter than it needs to, and making cooking fans run faster than they need to go on a machine that a person will use every day for years isn’t harmful? Maybe we have a different definition of harmful.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Making the GPU run hotter than it needs to, and making cooking fans run faster than they need to go on a machine that a person will use every day for years isn’t harmful? Maybe we have a different definition of harmful.

A PS4 draws about 125 watts from the wall and runs between 50-60C under load, well within safe operating temperatures on any electrical component for many years. Despite the fan noise it's not going to overheat just sitting at a menu unless there's something else going on, either too much dust or blocked ventilation. A PS5 on the other hand...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

hehehe wonderful

I still haven’t watched the FF7 Remake one actually. I gotta get on that

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean the PS4 can only output 60fps max so they probably should have capped at that :v:

Yeah is bizarre that for some games that aren't graphycally intensive or even menus, they don't enforce a 60fps cap like, there's no excuse in Unity or UE4 games to not do that (or even first party Sony games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m starting 13 Sentinels and with it supposedly being a complicated story-heavy thing I think I’m actually gonna go for the dub over Japanese w/ subs :( I feel so dirty