Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's easy to tell a clip versus a magazine because a clip helps you close a bag and a magazine lets you read about your interests

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1352164645935620099?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's a good loving day!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

a.) a magazine is the part of the gun that holds bullets in reserve in repeating firearms. they can be detachable box magazines like you see on basically every modern gun, or fixed magazines that you see on early repeating firearms. a clip is a tool used to reload bullets into a magazine, such as a stripper clip or an en-bloc (or Mannlicher) clip like the M1 Garand used.

You're telling me Warren G Nate Dogg lied to me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgK7fdG15Ns&t=90s

e: That minute of my youth when Young Guns showed up in multiple relatively popular songs was really damned weird.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 21, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's a good loving day!
It's after midnight so...

Forgive my student loans you loving rear end in a top hat. Also Medicare for all, wealth tax, and say housing is a human right.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Trump is out and my dog is alive and full of sweet potatoes, and I'm full of birthday scotch I will take my victories as I can in this shadowrun dystopia I hope you are do ing wlelle as well

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Trump is out and my dog is alive and full of sweet potatoes, and I'm full of birthday scotch I will take my victories as I can in this shadowrun dystopia I hope you are do ing wlelle as well
Shadowrun at least has elves and dragons.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bernie should have rushed the stage and grabbed the mic, cut a sick promo and flipped off the crowd.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Bernie should have rushed the stage and grabbed the mic, cut a sick promo and flipped off the crowd.

I love Kanye , but part of the reason I love Bernie is because he would never do that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Shadowrun at least has elves and dragons.

Well, I can't argue with a dragon being POTUS

Skwirl posted:

I love Kanye , but part of the reason I love Bernie is because he would never do that.

IMA LET YOU FINISH BUT THESE LOCALLY SOURCED MITTENS CRAFTED FROM RECYCLED PARTS ARE THE GREATEST VERMOT BASED PRODUCT OF ALL TIME

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Woke up and... he's still gone. It's really over. Absolutely a ton of work to do and I trust Biden about as far as I can throw him, but I'm not living in a demented narcissist's reality show anymore.

Feels good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

shirts and skins posted:

Woke up and... he's still gone. It's really over.

Yall motherfuckers love to tempt fate in this terrible time line

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

No kidding. That’s like the line in a horror movie when the villain pops out of the lake or something.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I forgot to drop a gently caress Donald Trump in here yesterday. So glad that sack of poo poo is just going to stew in Maralago with no power. What a loving nightmare that was.

It’s impossible to understate the low-frequency dread of the last four years. My daughter was born just a couple weeks before the election in 2016 and we fully expected her to exist in a world with a female president (even if Hillary largely sucked).

Instead, I very nearly had an anxiety attack watching 63M shitheads pull the lever for a cartoonishly mysoginistic and racist clown with a silver spoon in his rear end.

I know those people are here, and in even greater numbers but the relief is palpable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If anyone didnt see this...

https://twitter.com/KimMangone/status/1352076682505580545?s=20

...this is how they're ending student loan repayments. As of right now, i'll be going about 18 months without incurring interest or having to pay anything back. I didn't have to pay anything back until June (graduated in december) but that stands for anyone that had outstanding student loans.

Neither political party is going to want to be the ones that restart them; that'd be political suicide.

This avoids any potential blowback from poo poo heads who are up in arms about "well I paid MINE back" or the assholes who think debt is some sacred tradition that must always be respected.

Republicans can't say anything because they're the ones that technically started it.

It's a very washington dems solution to a problem.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 21, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

...this is how they're ending student loan repayments. As of right now, i'll be going about 18 months without incurring interest or having to pay anything back. I didn't have to pay anything back until June (graduated in december) but that stands for anyone that had outstanding student loans.

Neither political party is going to want to be the ones that restart them; that'd be political suicide on a scale never before seen.

This avoids any potential blowback from poo poo heads who are up in arms about "well I paid MINE back" or the assholes who think debt is some sacred tradition that must always be respected.

Republicans can't say anything because they're the ones that technically started it.

Just federal loans, or loans from any lender? Pretty dope otherwise.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

C-Euro posted:

Just federal loans, or loans from any lender? Pretty dope otherwise.

Just Federal, because those ones are actual debts of the Federal government so the President can cancel them if he wants. Privately held ones would require legislation and compensation from the government I imagine.

IDK about restarting the loans being political suicide, but it'd take a much better environment to do it. Regardless, I'm only too happy to keep running the clock on my PSLF.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Neither political party is going to want to be the ones that restart them; that'd be political suicide.

so far it's only until September 30, but that's likely a financial year thing.

...but if this is how they do it...and I never have to pay another dime...and nobody else does...I'm not going to argue.

also pretty sure I stress woke up early this morning because the inauguration was like 1 am over here and I couldn't stay up to watch but I needed to know nothing happened.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

This isn’t true.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This isn’t true.

Yeah, Republicans will gleefully do it, while talking about "everyone paying their fair share" horseshit while passing bills so rich people and corporations pay no taxes at all.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

This isn’t true.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see Republicans try and pass a bill that not only restarts loan payments, but ups the percentage for lost time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see Republicans try and pass a bill that not only restarts loan payments, but ups the percentage for lost time.

Or requires lump sum interest balloon payment upon resumption.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Republicans will use this as a cudgel to exact concessions from the dems on the next funding bill or whatever.

Like "we want to keep the government open but it's not fair to everyone that repaid their loans that the democrats want to continue the emergency proposals of the trump administration in perpetuity." And then some other 11th hour deal will come in and push them for three months.

And then when the republicans actually get control of everything again, they'll fail to do it, just like with the ACA. Or just like with DACA.

Also, student loans crosses the political spectrum. This isn't brown kids or poors without health insurance.

Most importantly, for the first time, there are people in the senate and congress now that loving have or know people that are hosed by student loans. Yeah Ossoff is a total wedge but like he's actually had experience personally and with his contacts with how pernicious student loans are.

Someone like Diane Feinstein has no idea what's going on.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Neither side is going to drop student loans, and will have zero issue letting them come back in September. Biden isn't going to let actual good things happen, he just may not be an embarrassment as he does bad things. Polite fash took over for rude, thats it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528001841326325790/800675417753255956/will_you_be_there_for_me.mp4

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Even suspending student loan payments for 8 months or whatever is already a good thing. Hell it's something I definitely didn't expect from Biden.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I am doing a Brother check-in. Showing support for one another...I need SIX men to post, not share, this message to show you are always there if someone needs to talk. Pretty sure I know who will.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

They’ve already been on hold for drat near a year already.

The other question is how exactly to re-structure the cost of college for new students coming in, because doing it this way helps with existing loans but ain’t a long-term solution.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its great that Biden is doing this for sure, the problem is that everyone is going to be on edge with every subsequent election unless a permanent solution is found. It makes you think its a tactical decision, another charge for "if [R] wins you will immediately be in debt for more than you are worth and can't discharge it through bankruptcy". Politically, it smart because you energize a lot of people, but a good chunk of those people see through that poo poo so its not viable long term. The best thing the dems can do is as its about to expire is to make a hard push for long term solutions.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

I am doing a Brother check-in. Showing support for one another...I need SIX men to post, not share, this message to show you are always there if someone needs to talk. Pretty sure I know who will.

I am here for you, comrade diggity

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Petition to replace all instances of Lee Greenwood with Katy Perry at 4th of July events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIz481QlSk&t=6100s

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Diggity if you ever need anything I am a short drive away :glomp:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Qwijib0 posted:

Petition to replace all instances of Lee Greenwood with Katy Perry at 4th of July events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIz481QlSk&t=6100s

Replace both with instances of the Greenwood Corvette.

https://youtu.be/PiW-JPqh23E

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hang in there bud.

Weren't you also interviewing for something recently? How's that going

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Strap down🚨😷 and strap on🍾🔛🤩 for INHOGURATION🐗🍆😱!! After loving 🆙 our democrassy 🍑💩🍑 Donald Trump🌽👿 is PULLING OUT👉👌 🙅‍♀️of 1600 Peensilvania Avenue!!!! 💃 🎈 🎊 CUMala💦💦Harris and Joe RIDIN’ 🐎🙇‍♀️🤟 are cumming with their orgy🎊of🧴lube-rals🧴😅 to feel 🆙 the 👐 consTITSution 📜 of our pounding 🔨fathers 👨🏻‍🦳👴🏻🧓🏻 until dirty daddy Mitch 🐢 McConnelingus 👅 🌮 goes back 👇👇down 👇😲south where he belongs ⤵️🙃 Send 💌this to 2️⃣0️⃣ of your undersexed 🤤🥴covid slores...0️⃣ back😔and you’re Barron 👦🏻 for life 😭⛔️👶!! 5️⃣ back and you’ll be 💸 Janet Yellin’💰😩🤭 in the treasury all night long. 🔟back and you’ll star 🌟 spangled bang 💥👄👏EVERY HOE in congrASS until 2022 🇺🇸👨‍⚖️🇺🇸 ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ 10,000 back with signatures and youre a Tasty Stacy Abrams 🗳️🍑⚖️🥵

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that must have taken so long

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It really is nice to not have Trump tweeting about every little thing Biden does (or un-does). There are still shitbirds like Stephen Miller griping about making our country less safe by reversing the travel ban, but that doesn't get nearly as amplified as Trump's tweets would have.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Thaddius the Large posted:

Strap down🚨😷 and strap on🍾🔛🤩 for INHOGURATION🐗🍆😱!! After loving 🆙 our democrassy 🍑💩🍑 Donald Trump🌽👿 is PULLING OUT👉👌 🙅‍♀️of 1600 Peensilvania Avenue!!!! 💃 🎈 🎊 CUMala💦💦Harris and Joe RIDIN’ 🐎🙇‍♀️🤟 are cumming with their orgy🎊of🧴lube-rals🧴😅 to feel 🆙 the 👐 consTITSution 📜 of our pounding 🔨fathers 👨🏻‍🦳👴🏻🧓🏻 until dirty daddy Mitch 🐢 McConnelingus 👅 🌮 goes back 👇👇down 👇😲south where he belongs ⤵️🙃 Send 💌this to 2️⃣0️⃣ of your undersexed 🤤🥴covid slores...0️⃣ back😔and you’re Barron 👦🏻 for life 😭⛔️👶!! 5️⃣ back and you’ll be 💸 Janet Yellin’💰😩🤭 in the treasury all night long. 🔟back and you’ll star 🌟 spangled bang 💥👄👏EVERY HOE in congrASS until 2022 🇺🇸👨‍⚖️🇺🇸 ⏰ ⏰ ⏰ 10,000 back with signatures and youre a Tasty Stacy Abrams 🗳️🍑⚖️🥵

Thought I was in PYF for a second, but its good to know you're a TSR alt :v:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

iwentdoodie posted:

Thought I was in PYF for a second, but its good to know you're a TSR alt :v:

Even better, my girlfriend sent that to me, I’m still trying to process an appropriate response

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I am here for you, comrade diggity

Samadhi posted:

Diggity if you ever need anything I am a short drive away :glomp:

C-Euro posted:

Hang in there bud.

Weren't you also interviewing for something recently? How's that going

Thank you Brothers all is going well! The "brother check in" is the opposite of iwentdoodie's video.

Interview is going, probably just waiting on an offer letter at this point. I reached out to a former manager from my current job for a reference and she now wants to talk about a position at her new firm if I decide against the new role. So that's cool.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hell yes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

Even if you are a Packers fan... I will support you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I woke up this morning without low-level anxiety and a need to doomscroll for the first time in four years.

:feelsgood: