Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Master rewards in 2 were common items with very minor cosmetic variations though.

I had a quick scroll through the list of mastery unlocks (there's light spoilers there if you do this yourself) and I have to say most of the new guns and suits and stuff look really nice. Way nicer looking aesthetically than the last two games. The new guns don't look like they came out of a 3d printer at least. The new poison needles look like epipens lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Slugnoid posted:

lol codename 47 was released when the twin towers were still up. Its stunning that IOI kept the same voice actor for more than two decades.

Speaking of which, I was darkly amused that they decided to keep the release date for a game about assassinating people in power on the same date as the presidential inauguration, considering everything that happened on 1/6. There was a part of me yesterday thinking "drat, if anything happens today, that's gonna look really bad for IOI."

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Played through the whole game in one sitting. Got SA on all maps with SASO on the second. It was fairly easy, but I suppose that's to be expected when you've played the hell out of the first two games.

The last map feels like a huge cop-out. Really disappointing and I doubt I'll ever play it again. Coupled with the fact that I didn't really feel like any of the maps were standouts and it is (to me) the weakest of the trilogy by a good bit.

Maybe my opinion will change after I've explored them a little more and done some of the challenges, but the previous two games both had be pretty wowed by at least on map on my first playthrough.

As an aside and my biggest gripe besides the final mission:

Given Berlin's objectives, I kind of see it as being similar to the Vancouver map in HM2 - I'll probably rarely play it because of all the loving around to get to the point where you can "complete" the mission, making mastery, challenges and unlocks a tedious pain in the rear end. I would have expected IOI to learn their lesson from the Vancouver map, but I guess not. I also think it's the weakest of all the maps. No fun to explore and on top of that, I dislike electronic music.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I found a very important environmental clue.

justcola posted:

You need a different card its in the safe in a guard room nearby, you need a keycode for it but the guard outside the door says it. There's also another step that needs to be done, but its maybe one of my favourite assassinations

It's also written on a huge note on the whiteboard in the same room.

Eggnogium posted:

I hit an AI bug on my first run through Dubai where I turned on a vacuum and it caused the target to just stop walking and stand in the same place. Waited about 5 minutes with no activity before I just decided to headshot him and book it to the exit under fire.

I had a similar situation with the chef opportunity, but tossing something on the floor near the target got him to wake up.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Those who have played Chongqing, does it feel like there's any truth to the theory that it was actually supposed to be Hong Kong but then they changed it for political reasons? I'm not sure if I buy it because they've already done Hong Kong before and the urban vibes of both cities are quite different (or at least they were).

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Those who have played Chongqing, does it feel like there's any truth to the theory that it was actually supposed to be Hong Kong but then they changed it for political reasons? I'm not sure if I buy it because they've already done Hong Kong before and the urban vibes of both cities are quite different (or at least they were).

Not really. It does give the sense of a deep tech-industrial underbelly of China, rather than a more cosmopolitan Hong Kong.

Did think it was weird where Agent 47 turns to the screen and remarks on the superior philosophical value of Xi Jingping thought and the necessity of the 2020 security law, though.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Xanderkish posted:

Did think it was weird where Agent 47 turns to the screen and remarks on the superior philosophical value of Xi Jingping thought and the necessity of the 2020 security law, though.

Tencent strikes again!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, Chongqing feels more like an outright cyberpunk city.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Finally got all my stuff over on PS4

- Went onto H1 and H2 to link IOI account (I just installed Paris for H1 and it worked)
- Go onto the rightmost box on the H3 menu to carry over progress
- Go through the website thing (it takes a bit of time but last night it kept pausing, this morning it worked by the time I had showered and that)
- All the stuff now unlocks. My preorder stuff had disappeared at first but came back when I restarted the game

To get the maps into H3, you need to go onto the Store section and just activate the different packs. They are around 2.2mb each.

I guess IOI were inspired by their Escalation contracts as to how to get all this poo poo to work. Seems fine for me now though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All my stuff has moved over so it's time to pick up where I left off. The very start of the El Chapo level in Hitman 2 :sweatdrop:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Xanderkish posted:

Speaking of which, I was darkly amused that they decided to keep the release date for a game about assassinating people in power on the same date as the presidential inauguration, considering everything that happened on 1/6. There was a part of me yesterday thinking "drat, if anything happens today, that's gonna look really bad for IOI."

did that thing like break americans brains lol you'd think 9/11 happened again or something.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

If there's truth to it then the explanation is probably that they wanted to distance themselves from what is happening there but still giving it the vibe of being "like" a part of that city.

Yeah, I'm just repeating what you said, sorry.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Chongqing feels like it was designed like a cyberpunk map for Absolution, and the developers were like "oh gently caress we can't release it like this, people hated Absolution" so they called the guys who did the Mankind Divided maps for suggestions and they said "lots of networks of vents, just putting ventilaton networks everywhere is an acceptable substitute for open-worldness. preferably multiple types of remotely hackable ones. vents always work. vents."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

My PS4 carryover has now completed, but all the mission stories on H1 and 2 have all reset to zero. :/

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is the key to switch which shoulder the camera is on not working for anyone else? I've tried rebinding it a few times but it just doesn't want to work.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

You can walk around in first person with the camera on and zoom in on things. There's an ugly hud in the way but its nice to be able to walk round.

also

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

hitman died on the way back to his home planet

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Now that I'm finally in and transferred I can't get over how drat good this game is. Just entering Dubai is getting me all excited, I love this trilogy and I love that it's out and complete and I can just PLAY it especially after all those years of "will IO die forever" / "Hitman 2 was kind of a mess will it be able to come together for the finale" and aaaaa yes yes yes.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Convex posted:

hitman died on the way back to his home planet

Forgot to put on his flamingo disguise and died.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm largely ambivalent so far. Dubai bored the poo poo out of me but once I finally got past it, the next two levels are basically "why aren't we allowed to make a Batman game :smith:" - they're not terrible (I can imagine Dartmoor is much better when you ignore the much vaunted murder mystery) but I'm past the halfway point now and the closest I've come to giving a poo poo was in the brief few seconds after I realised I was playing a horror movie monster in Berlin but before I remembered the game mechanics meant I was going to be mostly luring people into empty rooms rather than striking in the crowd :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

My PS4 carryover has now completed, but all the mission stories on H1 and 2 have all reset to zero. :/

That's not that big a deal, and I know IO put a big ol' thing on the opening splash saying "DO NOT PLAY GAME BEFORE DOING THIS OR IT WILL BREAK THINGS" but they're the ones that straight up have the game chuck you into gameplay before you can even access the menu to check if things worked. As a result, I unlocked a bunch of progression on Dubai... the carryover then half-worked, so I thought I was good, I played more and then it re-synced and unlocked properly... and wiped the mastery levels on Dubai but kept the unlocks I already had, and the challenges, making it basically impossible to actually complete the mastery now? This seems like a very odd problem to have when surely all that needs to happen is 'game checks challenges complete: apply appropriate amt of XP to player Mastery".

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1352287888151601152

quote:

Post-launch Q&A
We’ve added this section to answer some of the most common questions that we’ve seen in the 24 hours since launch.

I purchased the Deluxe Edition content but cannot find it anywhere. Where is it?
The Deluxe suits and items are unlocked when playing each of the 3 Deluxe Escalations available at launch. A Deluxe Escalation is currently available for Dubai, Dartmoor and Berlin.

What about the Artbook and soundtracks?
We know that some of you can’t see these when you’re logged into your IOI Account and we’re planning to deploy a fix on Jan 22nd for this.

Why am I unable to access my legacy content?
We’re looking through all the reported situations and there seem to be only a few that are being experienced by a lot of people. Most of all is Xbox players unable to download the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass. We’re working on a resolution for this.

It’s not affecting everyone, so if you’ve followed the Access Pass guide above exactly, please wait for us to get back with an update. We’re also talking with Sony to identify any outstanding issues. We will add updates here when we have resolutions to reported issues.

Can I carryover my progression now?
We’ve fixed the issues that caused problems at launch and we’ve taken steps to stabilise the carryover progress. We’re cautiously optimistic that we’ll avoid further issues and we’re on deck to keep thing smooth as we reach peak hours.

Once you complete the process, your request will go into a queue and you’ll receive a status message. Once you reach that status page, we’ll take it from there. The page will update to show ‘finished’ when everything is set and you’re progression will show in HITMAN 3 when you launch it.

Why do I see different progress on the carryover website vs in-game (H2)?
Some players will encounter a visual bug where they see a HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2 location listed on the progression carryover site with ‘0’ mastery. That’s purely a visual bug and the correct mastery level will be carried over into HITMAN 3. You are safe to continue the process.

Where did my Trinity Pack go?
If you pre-ordered the game, look wherever you would normally find DLC for a game and see if you can re-download it from there. Try a full reboot of the console or PC if not, as that’s been reported as a fix.

I bought the PS4 disc and want to download the PS5 upgrade, how do I do that?
You need to put the PS4 disc in your PS5 console and install the PS4 version of the game. Once that’s done, navigate to the PlayStation Store on the console (not the web) and search for “HITMAN 3” then look for “HITMAN 3 Disc Upgrade Edition”. Download that and you’ll have the option to play on PS4 or PS5.

I play on PC and the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass isn’t showing as free. Why not?
All HITMAN 3 owners on PC can claim that Access Pass for free in the first 10 days of launch. It’s set-up as a 100% discount for all H3 owners – and the discount will show up at checkout. Until you reach the checkout, you won’t see it as free.

Where are my items from the Requiem Pack?
They’re AWOL. We’re investigating.

What about that other thing?
This list is just for the most commons reports that we’re seeing and the ones causing the most frustration for players. We’re continuing to track and investigate issues as they come up. Stay tuned for more updates.

repiv fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 21, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Funnily enough I have the Requiem items in my account after the transfer. Just SO Sniper Assassin'ed Berlin in the Requiem suit with the white Trinity Items and the sniper rifle that plays Ave Maria for the full experience. I'd check your account if you are worried about them.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
So I wasn't able to get the carryover site to find my account at all until I investigated my profile on the IO website itself and saw that it had my Steam account listed twice. I unlinked one, which removed both, and then re-linked it by signing out and then signing in with my Steam details. I was able to immediately convert my progress afterwards and I can now finally play the drat game. Maybe this will help someone.

http://account.ioi.dk/

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I made a mistake when I posted last night - for the PS4/5 edition of H3, you CAN get the H2 levels for free if you have the H2 for free through PSNow.

You have to have H2 downloaded, then navigate in H2 to the ingame "Store" tab and activate the access pack. The DLC for the H2 levels within H3 should then be available, for free. You can do this after the profile transfer without losing H3 progress.

If you have a PSNow trial pass or just want to spend $10 to do this instead of the $60 for the normal access price it's a pretty good deal! Also, the H1 GOTY access pack is only $20 within H2, whereas in H3 it costs $30 to buy it directly - haven't tried it for myself, but it seems like you can get it for $10 cheaper through H2

If you're just now getting into the series like me I hope this saves someone a bit of heartache

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
All this drama about transferring and I think most people would have accepted just having the levels for free and having to re-do them in the new game (like between H1 and H2).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Flayer posted:

All this drama about transferring and I think most people would have accepted just having the levels for free and having to re-do them in the new game (like between H1 and H2).

I would have NOT been happy to have to master suit only silent assassin Colorado AGAIN

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Dubai was pretty fun but not as fun a first level as Miami or Paris from playing it to maxed mastery. I tend not to favor the more vertical, enclosed levels unless they're as amazing as Hokkaido, though.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised I didn't have to pay $23 to use my Hitman 2 unlocks like gear or suits!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, somehow I messed up, Blood Money was 06, Codename 47 was ... 2000?

We're getting old :corsair:
I was able to play the first hitman at an E3 demo booth in 1999 and played the hotel level and was doing a whole bunch of weird poo poo and the dev was all "wellll we are gonna have to change some stuff if this is how people like you play this game" and it was p funny

jesus christ that was also the E3 that I made stupidly fawning comments to Bruce Campbell as I got his autograph and think I creeped him out a bit

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 21, 2021

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

This guide still says that console disc owners need to download the H2 access pass via the H2 store, but there is no access pass there.

Thankfully I had the 2 gold edition, so I was able to claim the gold DLC (digital, obviously) via the H3 store, and that unlocked the rest of H2 for me, but that can’t be intended behavior.

If I only had the standard disc edition of 2, I guess I’d be hosed. Their transfer site also only carried over mission progress for 3 of my 8 missions, but I haven’t loaded the game yet to see if it actually did everything. Such an irritating launch.

Matchstick
Jul 10, 2004

Slugnoid posted:

and yet 47 stays the same age forever :cry:

alright, alright, alright

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Is pc performance on the new game comparable to hitman 2? I'm on a 2600x and a 1070ti and new hardware doesn't look on the cards anytime soon due to the ongoing global meltdown surrounding computer parts

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Xanderkish posted:

One of the first lines in the first mission is telling you to hurry as "the inauguration is happening nearby". Different inauguration, but still.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I was afraid Mendoza would just be A Vintage Year: HD edition.

I was wrong.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

Only a little exaggerated.

https://youtu.be/cD-t3W1zLzg

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

joe football posted:

Is pc performance on the new game comparable to hitman 2? I'm on a 2600x and a 1070ti and new hardware doesn't look on the cards anytime soon due to the ongoing global meltdown surrounding computer parts

I don't have the game myself yet but comparing the two games' recommended specs, they seem to be the same. GTX 1070/RX Vega 56 or comparable.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would have NOT been happy to have to master suit only silent assassin Colorado AGAIN
You wouldn't have had to :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's been a while since I played H2 but the performance feels about the same to me

There's a new option for variable rate shading that might let you squeeze out a bit more performance, I haven't experimented with it yet

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Spent about 40 minutes running around the Dartmoor map trying to find a screwdriver for this socket I wanted to expose the wires for. Turns out it was right next to it

Good way to explore the map too. I think I'll just play 1 level each day to make the most of it, then go back and try and do an SASO run from H1.

I noticed there's no Escalations for the new maps, but maybe I might use the community ones for once. My only hope for any future content would be day/night versions for each map and able to insert items and costumes into any map if there's no escalations. Just let me play Whittleton Creek at night with the bank robber outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So far I'm absolutely loving this.

Dubai is a very classic map, feels like something that could fit in H2 anywhere. Good first map.

Dartmoore is so much fun to play through, the mystery and the design of the house is a lot of fun and collecting the clues feels pretty fresh and there's a lot of ways everything can go down.

On Berlin now and again I love how much they're trying new things and pushing the game in another direction.

Both Dartmoore and Berlin are very different from Dubai in that they feel distinctly Hitman3 instead of something that could have been in H1/H2. I can see why some people may not be as jazzed about Berlin (especially if you don't like EDM) but drat the details on these levels, really takes me back to my rave days.

TheAgent posted:

I was able to play the first hitman at an E3 demo booth in 1999 and played the hotel level and was doing a whole bunch of weird poo poo and the dev was all "wellll we are gonna have to change some stuff if this is how people like you play this game" and it was p funny

jesus christ that was also the E3 that I made stupidly fawning comments to Bruce Campbell as I got his autograph and think I creeped him out a bit

That owns.