Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Developing for Mac has become a pain in the neck for indie devs as of late, due to Apple's shift over to the Metal API.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Man I was expecting The Forgotten to be difficult but not as bad as The Keeper or The Lost but jeeze this game really wasn't built with melee in mind. That was probably the easiest post-it to fill out of any character. What a great way to finish it off. On top of that during my Lamb run I nabbed the D100 and abused the hell out of it to get the Platinum God achievement as well. Now I only have seven left to hit 1,000,000%:

Baby-Bender : lol why would I ever get this unless I knew it was an achievement?!
ZIP! : This one is gonna be tough
The Real Platinum God : I still need to run into Godhead in the wild. This one may take a while
1001% : Basically need to nab the various Forgotten items that I just unlocked. Should be natural as a result of getting the others
It's the key : This one is going to be a real bastard. I'm thinking Azazel may be my best bet here as the flying will help me dodge pickups
Dedication : Still working on this one. Shouldn't be many left
Marbles : I think abusing Greed mode will probably be the easiest route for this

Wish me luck, goons

Knocked out Dedication ez pz. Tonight I decided I was going to start working on ZIP! and decided Azazel was probably my best bet. First run all my devil deals were worthless familiars and I reset when I hit the Womb as I knew it wasn't happening.

Second run, first devil deal: Motherfucking Mega Blast

Took me 13 minutes

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Man I was expecting The Forgotten to be difficult but not as bad as The Keeper or The Lost but jeeze this game really wasn't built with melee in mind. That was probably the easiest post-it to fill out of any character. What a great way to finish it off. On top of that during my Lamb run I nabbed the D100 and abused the hell out of it to get the Platinum God achievement as well. Now I only have seven left to hit 1,000,000%:

Baby-Bender : lol why would I ever get this unless I knew it was an achievement?!
ZIP! : This one is gonna be tough
The Real Platinum God : I still need to run into Godhead in the wild. This one may take a while
1001% : Basically need to nab the various Forgotten items that I just unlocked. Should be natural as a result of getting the others
It's the key : This one is going to be a real bastard. I'm thinking Azazel may be my best bet here as the flying will help me dodge pickups
Dedication : Still working on this one. Shouldn't be many left
Marbles : I think abusing Greed mode will probably be the easiest route for this

Wish me luck, goons

Another few down. The one item left that's going to be really difficult to get is Greed's Gullet. Does anyone have any advice on this one? Just play as Isaac and keep rolling for MissingNo or play Greed mode attempting a chaos break? I have about 340 hours in this game and still have never seen it in the wild afaik. I know it normally only spawns in secret rooms.

I ran into a Greed fight today which wound up spawning both a Head of the Keeper AND a Steam Sale. I picked up both items and didn't realize I still had the D6 until the moment after I picked both up :downs:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Another few down. The one item left that's going to be really difficult to get is Greed's Gullet. Does anyone have any advice on this one? Just play as Isaac and keep rolling for MissingNo or play Greed mode attempting a chaos break? I have about 340 hours in this game and still have never seen it in the wild afaik. I know it normally only spawns in secret rooms.

I ran into a Greed fight today which wound up spawning both a Head of the Keeper AND a Steam Sale. I picked up both items and didn't realize I still had the D6 until the moment after I picked both up :downs:

Isaac start, try to find the Basement 1 secret room with your free bomb, try to get as many items from the room (pedestals, Greed fights, buttons) and reroll them. Reset until you get the gullet.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you've unlocked every item already it's probably best to keep playing Greed Mode until you get a D20 to break the game open, yeah. I think there are some items that never spawn in greed mode though so watch out for those.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Alternately, fish for a shop break and combine Chaos with MissingNo. That's how I quickly found Eye of Greed.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Ordinarily I'd say the best way of getting most items is to break greed mode, but check a wiki for the item you are looking for just to double check if you need to break greed mode and buy out the shop or reroll the treasure room. But I've just checked because I was curious, and guess what item doesnt appear in ANY greed mode item pool?

Soooo, it looks like the only way to get greeds gullet is to legit find it in normal play.

I reckon some variant of

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Isaac start, try to find the Basement 1 secret room with your free bomb, try to get as many items from the room (pedestals, Greed fights, buttons) and reroll them. Reset until you get the gullet.

is probably your best bet, yeah. Find a secret room with an item, D6 it. Recharge the D6, D6 it again. If you find any items that spawn pedistal items (Present, appropriate floor Pandoras box) use them in the secret room, then D6 what they spawn.

I dont know how rare it is, I've had greeds gullet a few times, but thats the nature of RNG for you.

Edit to Add: I'm not sure if a greed mode chaos shop break would work either. The wiki says "When playing Greed mode, items that are available only in the normal game will still not appear despite Chaos; the modes' different item pools stay separate." which implies to me that as its not normally available in greed mode, you are still poo poo out of luck.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 12, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I thought Greed Mode would start to pull from other item pools if you exhausted the shop one?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PostNouveau posted:

I thought Greed Mode would start to pull from other item pools if you exhausted the shop one?

I'm not an expert on the under the hood mechanics of the game, thats why I default to checking the wiki for specifics, but that line from the page on Chaos implies not? I do know from personal experience that breaking the shop starts getting quite breakfasty faster than I would expect if it did pull from other item pools, but thats not definitive.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
In my case I meant a normal shop break, not a Greed mode one.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

John Murdoch posted:

In my case I meant a normal shop break, not a Greed mode one.

Oh, good point, never thought of that, that could work. When someone says "shop break" I assume greed mode because, well its where I usually break the shop!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

So this happened last night:

What would have happened if I didn't have any bombs? Game over? I've never seen a room like this

In other news all I have left to get every achievement is Immaculate Conception. The game *really* doesn't want me to get it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

So this happened last night:

What would have happened if I didn't have any bombs? Game over? I've never seen a room like this

In other news all I have left to get every achievement is Immaculate Conception. The game *really* doesn't want me to get it

I think that room always has a bomb on the ground near the entrance, you might have picked it up without noticing. Of course if you screw up and use that bomb wrong then I think it would be game over. Hell, looking at that room there are plenty of opportunities to waste your bombs.

I just need glyph of balance and mega blast to finish the triptych, but they haven't shown up for weeks on end. Gotten godhead like 5 times looking for them, though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
New dev blog up

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/4441079842344456645

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

God the new art style looks to be as much of a leap forwards as from the original flash game. This almost feels like Binding of Isaac 3

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I finally did it. It's finally over. Let me go back to the file select screen to bask in the glory....

:suicide:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

God the new art style looks to be as much of a leap forwards as from the original flash game. This almost feels like Binding of Isaac 3

Yeah poo poo looks awesome

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I finally did it. It's finally over. Let me go back to the file select screen to bask in the glory....

:suicide:

Congratulations!

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Made it to the chest with default damage and tear rate. 2 good familiars made it possible but it was a miserable run to this point. I think this is where my ~30 run streak is going to end.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Rotten Baby and Succubus carry hard, yeah. Godspeed, goon :patriot:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Had a run snowball HARD last night. Been playing on a second file after getting 1000000% on my first. Ran Lillith and by the time I reached The Dark Room I had two Incubus, a Succubus and a leech and was still holding Box of Friends (bad shop luck meant no car battery but I did get BFFs). First floor item room had gotten me quad shot and I found Cricket's Body around the Depths. In the Dark Rook I managed to snag a 20/20. I was already fairly broken at this point. Then I got Continuum, which was kinda "meh." Then the next room got me motherfucking Jacob's Ladder.

The Lamb and Mega Satan did not stand a chance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/1352327834522423296

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I am old and won’t have time to play, but I pre-ordered it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Preordered. Also it looks like a lot of their other stuff is on sale if anyone was on the fence

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
The weekly blog post, with a few GIFs and a little Q&A; here's the most relevant details, by my estimate:

Edmund McMillen posted:

Q: will there be new challenges in Repentance?
A: yes! there are currently 7 new challenges.

Q: is there true co-op ( 2 isaacs ) and can i play online?
A: Isaac will feature true co-op and support up to 4 players, it wont have traditional online functionality but you can def try it out online with steam's "remote play together".

[...]

Q: i hear you are planning on updating the keeper so he's "more fun", how are you doing this?
A: yes the keeper will get an update, 2 actually.. they wont be ground breaking but they will fix a lot of issues people have with him that feel "unfun". he was designed to be a challenge character like the lost and blue baby.. but yeah, he's getting tweaked.

Q: do you feel like repentance is the definitive DLC to isaac? and does the the game feel complete to you now?
A: yes, isaac feels "done" to me now, in fact it feels like a sequel has been pushed inside Rebirth in a very nontraditional way, a great deal of mechanics and ideas i was saving for a sequel were added to Repentance and its hard for me not to think of it as a new release, kinda like how spelunky 2 built off existing areas and mechanics but didnt reinvent the wheel.. repentance to me feels like a slightly lesser version of that idea, its like isaac 1.9 and i think it closes the book thematically and storywise finally.. so yeah lets call it complete!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Super glad to hear about the Keeper. He distinctly sucks in a way that Lost and ??? don't.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Monster Hunter comes out 5 days before so...

poo poo I'm gonna get both

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I've said it before, but the easiest fix to the Keeper would be to simply let him get additional coin containers when you get a red heart adding item. You'd still be forced to avoid damage to prevent your pocket from taking the hit, and it would be like taking a full heart's worth of damage on the first six floors. You could also increase the risk-reward by making him a use transformation like The Forgotten to heal his health from his current coin stash. So if you've got five empty coin containers and are holding 16 cents you may abstain from healing in favor of using your stash on a shop item. Conversely you wouldn't be screwed if RNG causes a coin not to spawn for eight rooms in a row.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Nigh infinite health in exchange for not buying shop items sounds kinda broken. Maybe at like 2 or 3 to 1.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Any mention if Repentance is coming to Switch yet? I've been playing on PC through remote play a lot but I'd much rather go back to the Switch version if it was going to get it.

Although I'd miss the mod that shows item info.

Chin Strap fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 25, 2021

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Chin Strap posted:

Any mention if Repentance is coming to Switch yet? I've been playing on PC through remote play a lot but I'd much rather go back to the Switch version if it was going to get it.

Although I'd miss the mod that shows item info.

Yes, but not the same date as the Steam release

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

new blog post up with a bunch of gifs showing off item combos
https://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/3041587419817959591

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Augus posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/3041587419817959591

I love how the Technology+Monstro's Lung combo changes the charging up animation from Isaac's cheeks puffing up to the robot eye tightening its focus.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Augus posted:

Oh hey they actually buffed Cursed Eye. Well, if you combine it with a bunch of other items, at least.

For reference, according to the wiki, Cursed Eye pre-Repentance only has the following synergies and interactions:

Gamepedia posted:

- Black Candle: Teleport effect is removed.
- Holy Mantle: Losing Holy Mantle while charging Cursed Eye will not teleport Isaac.
- Incubus: Incubus fires 3 tears for each one that normally would be fired, with no change in delay.
- Marked: Tears can no longer be charged, but the firing rate is greatly increased without affecting the tears stat, even beyond normal maximum fire rate. The teleport effect is removed.
- Technology 2: Laser fires while charging Cursed Eye. Tear delay for the charge is unaffected by Tech 2. Allows Cain to fire normal tears.
- Anti-Gravity: Only stat changes from Anti-Gravity applies, as releasing a tear fire button also releases the Anti-Gravity Effect.
- Chocolate Milk: Charged tear is followed by up to 3 minimum power ones, depending on Cursed Eye's charge.
- The Forgotten: The skeleton form's charge attack becomes a rapid barrage of hits; the amount depends on how full the charge is, up to 4.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Looks like now when you have Chocolate Milk and Cursed Eye, you charge both at the same time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good gifs

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Plushazel is great

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Augus posted:

:stwoon:

I think I actually might come back to Isaac after Afterbirth+ drove me off.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

wow so the massive constant delays were actually for a legitimate reason of polishing and adding content to all the stuff already there, thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this one's so silly, I love it