Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i got captain toad for $4, it's okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm playing kirby, star allies

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Plutonis posted:

i'm playing kirby, star allies

Same I forgot I had it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i wasnt super into star allies at launch but they ended up adding a lot of cool free dlc to it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can you play as the dlc characters on ng+? i can only play as kirby so far or can borrow their powers by going piggyback on them

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

no but one of the dlcs is a time attack mode that lets you chose from every power and dream friend and runs through basically every area in the main game + some exclusive ones for the friends

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i only played star allies after all the content was added and i liked it a lot

iirc i got 100% on my save file but not the platinum crown

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its almost too much content

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I still haven't managed to clear the very highest level of the boss rush mode in Star Allies. I've never made it farther than the final phase of the final boss, and even entering it with full health didn't help me. It's grueling to even attempt it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just unlocked rabbid mario and he's fuckin fun. i just killed two of those shield guys from full in one round by going dash > dash > hanmmer while they were right next to each other. mario vs. rabbids kicks rear end!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

I still haven't managed to clear the very highest level of the boss rush mode in Star Allies. I've never made it farther than the final phase of the final boss, and even entering it with full health didn't help me. It's grueling to even attempt it.

I played that mode for a little bit...

I ended up moving partway through doing everyone on soul melter EX though and never went back to it. some day I will

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/OutOfContextEv/status/1351728327938236416

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
drat hyrule warriors kicks rear end. love clearing out outposts and keeps and also doing that over and over again

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mycophobia posted:

drat hyrule warriors kicks rear end. love clearing out outposts and keeps and also doing that over and over again

It's really addicting I played it for a long rear end time and cleared two adventure maps before getting burned out and there's like 10 of the drat things. Only a few of the characters are stinkers.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I never played it until 3 months ago, now it's one of my all time favorites and I'm evangelizing my brother who just got a Switch.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Played a level the other day where I had to fend off Zant, Ghirahim, Wizzro, and a bunch of lizalfos or something all in the same place at the same time, really had to hustle and work for it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think i might come back to my file this time, i only stopped because there were a lot of more compelling games that suddenly came out. i'll probably pick at it every once in awhile when i'm too tired for anything else. i'm hoping age of calamity is less dense and feels more complete just playing through the normal story mode, though; i only need like one of those games every 20 years, lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hyrule warriors definitive is very ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How's the sequel? The demo seemed cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

i only played a little of it, but the beginning was fun. it feels a lot more "Zelda" than the first game, like the action is less about taking keeps and more about fighting dudes with zelda boss mechanics, at least at the beginning.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's alright if you're craving some BOTWish stuff, but in terms of content it isn't really close to DE.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

It's alright if you're craving some BOTWish stuff, but in terms of content it isn't really close to DE.

i'm sort of glad, something short and sweet is what i want from it. i'm hoping to kind of play an hour or two in between disco elysium and finish it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

It's really good but for some reason I don't find it as compelling/addictive. The characters are really good, there are nowhere near as many but they're all super varied and fun to play - so many options and varied movesets

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's really good but for some reason I don't find it as compelling/addictive. The characters are really good, there are nowhere near as many but they're all super varied and fun to play - so many options and varied movesets

i think they sort of put work into balancing the characters and making you actually think about how to use them instead of button mash, which means that it's less stuffed with content but that you have to actually learn it a little. hyrule warriors DE is addictive because you can play the hard parts when you can actually think but there's a ton of content that basically only requires a single firing neuron to paint the map blue, and both of them feel like you make a little incremental progress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope it does eventually get a season pass with more mindless stuff like the old adventure maps cuz i only even wanna play one story mission at a time instead of like 10 map missions in a row

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Age of Calamity is less janky than Definitive Edition, and the officer and boss battles in particular are much more fun. Definitive Edition has several giant DLC packs' worth of content added in, but Age of Calamity is still no slouch. Definitive Edition has better mission variety, but that's not always for the best because some of the mission types are annoying; in particular, Age of Calamity doesn't have many levels based on battlefield control, which is a much more important mechanic in Definitive Edition. Age of Calamity is based on Breath of the Wild, whereas Definitive Edition references nearly every game except Breath of the Wild. Both of them are extremely good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aye. Sounds like a prime candidate for patient gamering my way into the deluxe edition in 2 years with a bajillion hours of bonus stuff.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

this guy gets it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Age of Calamity fell off my list when I heard the ending loving sucks but maybe I'll pick it up anyway

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Age of Calamity fell off my list when I heard the ending loving sucks but maybe I'll pick it up anyway

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012