Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
im streaming the demo

[video type="twitch"][/video]

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Too spooky already, I’m out

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

this post is for the goth ladies in resident evil 8: village no one else read this

hello

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Setting some google alerts "RE8 bad ending guide villain lady swallow whole" "RE8 bad ending guide villain lady heels step on balls" "RE8 bad ending guide villain lady burp me in diaper" etc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Go watch the stream that Vikar is doing. IMO!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Demo is PS5 only :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Demo is PS5 only :negative:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1352378532765163520

:)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I got the impression from the showcase that the Maiden demo will always be PS5-exclusive, but there's a different demo on the way that will be on all platforms

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dang

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rinkles posted:

i never remember how these are numbered

this is the rough outline

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
beat the demo, when exactly as you would expect. doesnt seem to any hidden stuff at first glance like there was in 7, maybe an update? cool as poo poo tho.

not seeing anything ps5 required other than RT tho, looks and feels very re7. its gonna look great on ps4.

not sure if the mic was working on the stream tho, hope people had fun hearing me freak out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

not sure if the mic was working on the stream tho, hope people had fun hearing me freak out.

Definitely worked.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is the equivalent of the Kitchen demo for 7, which didn't have any hidden stuff. The second demo was named Beginning Hour, was a chunk of the actual game, and did have hidden stuff. And they did promise a second RE8 demo later.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

beat the demo, when exactly as you would expect. doesnt seem to any hidden stuff at first glance like there was in 7, maybe an update? cool as poo poo tho.

not seeing anything ps5 required other than RT tho, looks and feels very re7. its gonna look great on ps4.

Masks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol wtf are you supposed to do when you get into the main living room area in the demo?

I’ve been walking around for 20 minutes trying to figure out where to go. Looks like I’m supposed to go outside to the courtyard but i can’t find a key and I feel like I’ve scoured the entire area playable 4 times now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Lol wtf are you supposed to do when you get into the main living room area in the demo?

I’ve been walking around for 20 minutes trying to figure out where to go. Looks like I’m supposed to go outside to the courtyard but i can’t find a key and I feel like I’ve scoured the entire area playable 4 times now.

theres another door on the bottom floor where you find a ring with a eyeball in it, take the eyeball out then open the door at the top of the stairs, key is in there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

that pig mask :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haveblue posted:

This is the equivalent of the Kitchen demo for 7, which didn't have any hidden stuff. The second demo was named Beginning Hour, was a chunk of the actual game, and did have hidden stuff. And they did promise a second RE8 demo later.

nah this is more like beginning hour before all the updates. kitchen was just a stationary vr tech demo. hilariously, out of the two, only kitchen works on ps5 lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Word online is that if you wait for half an hour on the main menu you trigger a cutscene where Leon Kennedy rocks up in a boat

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Definitely worked.

just checked the video and yeah lol didnt realize the sound was all weird, it was sending out in game audio along with the audio of the speakers, guess thats why all the pro's use headphones

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

theres another door on the bottom floor where you find a ring with a eyeball in it, take the eyeball out then open the door at the top of the stairs, key is in there.

On the first floor I see the main front door, which is locked, another locked door to the right (coming in from the main door) and then a locked door on the left in the dining room. There is also the locked door to the courtyard that wants me to use the key. Weird. I have no idea what I’m missing here.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

On the first floor I see the main front door, which is locked, another locked door to the right (coming in from the main door) and then a locked door on the left in the dining room. There is also the locked door to the courtyard that wants me to use the key. Weird. I have no idea what I’m missing here.

oh, got confused, i gotta sleep... anyway in the room with the door to the courtyard, theres a glass/cup you can look into on the table, the ring is in there, you then run up to door upstairs with the eyeball and open that door, key is in there, then back down to the courtyard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

oh, got confused, i gotta sleep... anyway in the room with the door to the courtyard, theres a glass/cup you can look into on the table, the ring is in there, you then run up to door upstairs with the eyeball and open that door, key is in there, then back down to the courtyard.

Ah ok thanks. Got it.

That is so weird. I scoured that table 5 times and never saw a prompt to interact with the glass.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am so confused about 13 Sentinels’ structure. Why did they make it so you have to replay chapters multiple times

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
The demo was too spooky for me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Fairchild Channel F is a good name, second only to the "FM Towns Marty"

Edit: "short for 'Channel Fun'"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I am so confused about 13 Sentinels’ structure. Why did they make it so you have to replay chapters multiple times

You'll see.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It’s kind of annoying tbh! Having to go through like 5 minutes of the same dialogue before getting to a different choice and doing a new path. Why not just have more chapters instead of different paths in the same one?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

RE Village looks amazing but I will confess a large portion of that is due to getting very strong Bloodborne vibes from the aesthetic.

People are referring quite positively to RE7 here, which I thought had a mixed reception due to things such as weak enemy variety etc. and the game apparently starting very strong but not being able to maintain what made it good throughout the duration of the campaign. I've always been interested in it, especially because of the setting (makes me think of True Detective) but is it actually a solid game or does it have some frustrating flaws that drag it down?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Capcom really rebounded hardcore from the Gen 7 troubles. The later incarnations of MT Framework and RE Engine are both some fantastic tech

I think Lost Planet 2, despite its faults, was a really impressive game for the hardware it was running on and it's a shame that weird third game ended the franchise.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Why not just have more chapters instead of different paths in the same one?

You'll. See.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s kind of annoying tbh! Having to go through like 5 minutes of the same dialogue before getting to a different choice and doing a new path. Why not just have more chapters instead of different paths in the same one?
This, at least, is not unique to this game. It’s been a thing in Japanese VNs for a long time and it’s clearly meant for that audience.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SUNKOS posted:

RE Village looks amazing but I will confess a large portion of that is due to getting very strong Bloodborne vibes from the aesthetic.

People are referring quite positively to RE7 here, which I thought had a mixed reception due to things such as weak enemy variety etc. and the game apparently starting very strong but not being able to maintain what made it good throughout the duration of the campaign. I've always been interested in it, especially because of the setting (makes me think of True Detective) but is it actually a solid game or does it have some frustrating flaws that drag it down?

Both

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

You can autoskip through read text with R1, and it'll stop on new stuff. It should be on by default in the settings.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I have no idea why BP is being coy about this, I have no idea what he's referring to

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

There being a story reason for an annoying choice doesn’t retroactively make it good! It’s like if there’s a reason for the nurse having giant boobs it doesn’t make it any less gross and pervy unless it’s specifically trying to deconstruct a trope in some way

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Arist posted:

You can autoskip through read text with R1, and it'll stop on new stuff. It should be on by default in the settings.
Yeah, that’s a usual feature of Japanese VNs like I mentioned before, but maybe they should’ve explained it better to people who aren’t familiar with that genre.

Edit: but if you strongly dislike fundamental things about how the game works, maybe you should stop playing it. Like the other day a friend was complaining about all the life sim stuff in Persona 5 and I told him that he should consider quitting because that is literally the game and it’s never going to become less like that.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 22, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Escobarbarian posted:

There being a story reason for an annoying choice doesn’t retroactively make it good! It’s like if there’s a reason for the nurse having giant boobs it doesn’t make it any less gross and pervy unless it’s specifically trying to deconstruct a trope in some way

I mean does a Nurse need a reason to have big boobs.

Their just boobs

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

SUNKOS posted:

I think Lost Planet 2, despite its faults, was a really impressive game for the hardware it was running on and it's a shame that weird third game ended the franchise.

Lost Planet 2 needs a Lost Planet 2-2 but Lost Planet 3 rules in an entirely different way and I'm super happy they had the stones to try something a little different.

It is rightly cold!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Hellooooooooooo Nurse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

that is her canonical name I dont know whats so hard about this