Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

When it has citations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hell Fauci was on TV basically visibly excited with how much better it is already under the Biden admin.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Hell Fauci was on TV basically visibly excited with how much better it is already under the Biden admin.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1352369650231869440

"You said I was joking, I was very serious."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's deeply disturbing to realize how much hypernormalization went on over the last four years, for a government to simply stop pouring more gas on the fire feeling THIS loving GOOD

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

It's deeply disturbing to realize how much hypernormalization went on over the last four years, for a government to simply stop pouring more gas on the fire feeling THIS loving GOOD

This is all by EO so far, right? If so...

it was always this easy :suicide:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1352347566747348995?s=09

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1352385807492001793?s=20

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Really annoys me when journalist's take forever asking their questions, how the gently caress does it take 30+ seconds to ask "what differences are there working for the new administration, do you feel that you have more freedom now than before?"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

To the surprise of absolutely no one-
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/21/958915267/nearly-one-in-five-defendants-in-capitol-riot-cases-served-in-the-military

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Looks like Leavenworth or ADX Florence could use some extra beds

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Looks like Leavenworth or ADX Florence could use some extra beds

ADX Florence is going to a brand new wing when these trials are done.

That or for maximum comedy mix them with the IS/AQ wing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

a few bad apples

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

ADX Florence is going to a brand new wing when these trials are done.

That or for maximum comedy mix them with the IS/AQ wing.

Mix them in and sell it as a ppv event

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder how this compares to the population at the protest at large. 20% military seems a bit over representative of the right wing loony sphere. I mean, yea after watching this subforum for awhile and experiences with my brother after he got done, I get it, but you'd assume military dudes no matter how stupid have a grasp of "loving around/on/with government property will get you slapped by uncle sam"

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

I wonder how this compares to the population at large. 20% military seems a bit over representative of the right wing loony sphere. I mean, yea after watching this subforum for awhile and experiences with my brother after he got done, I get it, but you'd assume military dudes no matter how stupid have a grasp of "loving around/on/with government property will get you slapped by uncle sam"

This is not an accurate assumption.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Republicans keep telling on themselves
https://twitter.com/jkcarnah/status/1351626136166526990

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

I wonder how this compares to the population at large. 20% military seems a bit over representative of the right wing loony sphere. I mean, yea after watching this subforum for awhile and experiences with my brother after he got done, I get it, but you'd assume military dudes no matter how stupid have a grasp of "loving around/on/with government property will get you slapped by uncle sam"

Any veteran associating with white nationalists has already limboed under that bar.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I kinda wish I had a Diet Coke button, ngl

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1352284365854806017?s=21

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Man... I want a soda button now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I can't imagine what kind of lazy entitled fatass would even think of such a thing.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean, yea after watching this subforum for awhile and experiences with my brother after he got done, I get it, but you'd assume military dudes no matter how stupid have a grasp of "loving around/on/with government property will get you slapped by uncle sam"

Ashley Babbit (sp? Idgaf) was AF security, and would’ve had it drilled into her skull that there are places in federal buildings where if you’re not authorized to be there you will shot. No if’s, ands, buts, about it, there are places in federal buildings you will be shot on sight for trying to breach.

She got this drilled into her neck instead, though whether or not the lesson stuck before the end we’ll never know.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that's pathetic, Earthy Man Of The People Lyndon Johnson loved Fresca that much but had a self-serve fountain. (probably so he could get into literal pissing contests vs it)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Space Opera posted:

I keep reading "list of dumb things trump said and/or did while in office" and I STILL have a hard time wrapping my head around it all.

It's impossible for a single mind to keep straight, impossible to collate all of it.

Interesting thought experiment: imagine you are writing a script for the inevitable Trump film. Maybe a 2:20 runtime... 220 pages. Think of what all you have to leave out, because there isn't enough time.

It's difficult to do even if you imagine you're writing scripts for a five-part miniseries, something HBO might do. There is just too much insanity, too much stupidity.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Stultus Maximus posted:

I can't imagine what kind of lazy entitled fatass would even think of such a thing.

LBJ evidently had something similar, but the soda in question was Fresca.

E:F;B.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

This poo poo is so loving stupid and if anyone falls for it LOOKING AT YOU JOE they're dumb as hell

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

This poo poo is so loving stupid and if anyone falls for it LOOKING AT YOU JOE they're dumb as hell

"Mitch tells me he's really interested with working with my administration and healing the nation. I'm kinda skeptical, and I let him know as much, but he said there's just something about *me* that he didn't feel with Barry. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but he got that kinda creepy look on his face. He also had one hand behind his back when he said everything, I guess he had an itch or something." :downs:

No, that's not a real quote.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1352076990787031040?s=20

Serious Take: It is always terrible to see service members die during training. We all know it is a possibility but it is still hosed up

Joke Take: Troy McClure introducing the safety film Helicopter: Our Harmful Helpers

There has been a noticeable increase in Guard aviation accidents. Makes me wonder if its due to pilots seeing their training hours cut by the pandemic and units scrambling to get them back to or keep them current and mission ready.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

MrMojok posted:

It's impossible for a single mind to keep straight, impossible to collate all of it.

Interesting thought experiment: imagine you are writing a script for the inevitable Trump film. Maybe a 2:20 runtime... 220 pages. Think of what all you have to leave out, because there isn't enough time.

It's difficult to do even if you imagine you're writing scripts for a five-part miniseries, something HBO might do. There is just too much insanity, too much stupidity.

You could do a series just on dramatic readings from twitter

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

I wonder how this compares to the population at the protest at large. 20% military seems a bit over representative of the right wing loony sphere. I mean, yea after watching this subforum for awhile and experiences with my brother after he got done, I get it, but you'd assume military dudes no matter how stupid have a grasp of "loving around/on/with government property will get you slapped by uncle sam"

20% seems like it might err a bit low- I would guess it was closer to 25, maybe even 30. The military is an MTOE of Mental Dysfunction and Idiocy. I've thrown dead batteries at a (suspected- I knew it wasn't) land mine, and I was the smart one in my section.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I was in, if you told us not to do something, we did it to see if we could get away with it anyway.

I'm shocked there wasn't some dickhead in Marine Blues storming right there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MrMojok posted:

you could do a lot more if you just leave them in as background jokes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

20% seems like it might err a bit low- I would guess it was closer to 25, maybe even 30. The military is an MTOE of Mental Dysfunction and Idiocy. I've thrown dead batteries at a (suspected- I knew it wasn't) land mine, and I was the smart one in my section.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I was in, if you told us not to do something, we did it to see if we could get away with it anyway.

I'm shocked there wasn't some dickhead in Marine Blues storming right there.

thats because no marine vet can fit his dress blues

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Breaking news

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/22...-investigation/

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PookBear posted:

I didn't mean a Vet.
I meant a Boot.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MrMojok posted:

Cut nothing. Do the full Berlin Alexanderplatz treatment.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PookBear posted:

Jokes on you. I have the evening mess dress with food crumb catching cumberbund.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hekk posted:

Jokes on you. I have the evening mess dress with food crumb catching cumberbund.

You got out like a few days ago. Give it a week.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1352071541123645442
https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/status/1352306621876117504

Seriously, it's like yelling "Hey rear end in a top hat!" at a crowd so you can laugh at the people who turn around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't get any harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
the general democratic response is "if the hood fits"

sort of like, they're actually learning

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1352422164885098499

Edit: https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1352432418360188931