Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Marigolds, at least, are known to repel some garden pests. You should probably just plant some marigolds nearby instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bonster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfebZuMXtic
26 Simple Plant-growing Hacks for Your Tiny Garden!

Shove a chili into a banana and stick it into a watermelon because

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

rydiafan posted:

Well if it's that kind of party

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Grafting weird poo poo together is cool though.

I want to grow pomatos sometime.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHu10C1DAds

This continues to be my favorite thread even though it updates very slowly.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

rydiafan posted:

I don't like the vegan turducken recipe

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

My Lovely Horse posted:

I don't like the vegan turducken recipe

chilnanlon

e: wait, waterbanile

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0uMQKiohnk

I have questions

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like at two minutes in when they don't even show the result of shaking a bowl full of tomatoes and razor blades.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

rydiafan posted:

I like at two minutes in when they don't even show the result of shaking a bowl full of tomatoes and razor blades.

i think you just end up with a bowl of tomatoes and razor blades, that's the whole craft?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I have mutilated all of the kitchen plants and applied the sweet gel inside to my questions. I have no questions.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

rydiafan posted:

Well how the hell do YOU make tomato bisque then, smarty pants?

E: Tomato Bic was right there and I blew it.

Bussamove has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Jan 22, 2021

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I have a hippie friend that does the razor blade in a bowl thing routinely. Every time he sees me using a kitchen knife, he has a freakout about how having "weapons in my house" makes me way more likely to be killed.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I like how the videos devolves into "Just buy this "Seen on TV!" poo poo idg" halfway through and after that ist just "Dump Aloe Vera on anything"

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I like the “scented candle” that’s just straight up bacon grease with a wick in it

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Snake Maze posted:

I like the “scented candle” that’s just straight up bacon grease with a wick in it

Thats just an oil lamp

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Dip Viscous posted:

I have a hippie friend that does the razor blade in a bowl thing routinely.

Please elaborate, I’m puzzled and disgusted

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zwille posted:

Please elaborate, I’m puzzled and disgusted

I think the idea is you seal and shake the bowl and the razors will dice/embed themselves in the tomato and get stuck but at that point just pour the whole thing onto your salad razor blades and all because you’ve clearly given up on life.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Knives = weapons to him, so he cuts tomatoes with the razorbowl and uses scissors on stuff like celery and carrots.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dip Viscous posted:

Knives = weapons to him, so he cuts tomatoes with the razorbowl and uses scissors on stuff like celery and carrots.

Have you explained that scissors are just two knives having sex?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dip Viscous posted:

Tell him anything is a weapon if you’re creative enough.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Dip Viscous posted:

A bowl full of razors sounds more menacing and in practical use is more likely to injure yourself then a kitchen knife. One large blade with a handle, or many tiny blades with no handle that you just jumbled into your food and now have to take them back out. How are scissors less of a weapon than a knife? I have kitchen shears and many knives in my knife block on the kitchen counter. An unarmed murderhobo could enter my house at any time and loot either a knife or the shears and stab me to death with either one. Does your friend put the scissors into a safe when not in use? Is it an irrational fear because in scary movies people use a kitchen knife to make bloods on you'are body? Is it some kind of weird moral/karma thing, that a knife could be made with the intent for use as a weapon? Because all kitchen tools, knives included are not built or intended to be used as weapons. Would a baseball bat also be haram under this rule? Is he an RPG character that cannot equip daggers, blades, or short swords due to class restriction?

So many questions, and yet they are just a tiny drop of water lost in the flood of questions 5 minute craft videos produce.

A "candle" made of unprocessed bacon fat.

Put a toilet bowl on your head so that you can jiggle a plate of sausage and meatballs all over the place on your lap.

Put clear/invisible tape (but labelled in the video as "duct tape") on a fork, so that you can eat yogurt out of a cup.

At some point, the questions stop even being questions. There is no why.

I like questioning knifeless monk guy a lot more than staring into the surrealist consumerism of 5 minute crafts. I don't want to disparage whatever moral code he has created and holds dear, but at least there might be an answer in there somewhere. His kitchen is a place where reason still holds sway. A mystery to unfold.

Watching 5 minute crafts reminds me of this Goya painting.

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos
The sleep of reason produces monsters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wouldn't it be better to use the tape directly to get the glass dust off the floor?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume it's some wild poo poo like if you have "weapons" it draws weapon spiritual energy to you and will make you attract harm causing ghosts or something. So you have to avoid poo poo that he thinks is weapons regardless of the actual lethality of the substitute.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I assume it's some wild poo poo like if you have "weapons" it draws weapon spiritual energy to you and will make you attract harm causing ghosts or something. So you have to avoid poo poo that he thinks is weapons regardless of the actual lethality of the substitute.

No, I think it’s that statistic that gun owners are more likely to die via firearms than non gun owners.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Possibly not a trend that holds to swapping kitchen knives for bowls full of razor blades, however.

Other than I suppose it might lower your relative chance of dying by knife because you are now much more absolutely likely to die by eating razor blades.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Ugly In The Morning posted:

anything is a weapon if you're creative enough've a strong enough will to kill your opponent.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Yeah, it's just like three generations worth of misinterpreting "a thing is more likely to exist if it exists" stats.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Just tell him that your knives are actually spoons.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Heath Ledgers Joker just being a real messy eater makes a lot of sense now

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

WITCHCRAFT posted:

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos
The sleep of reason produces monsters

That cat needs to get off its lazy rear end and loving do something about those goddamned owls!

Also, 5 minute crafts is a click bait driven scam to get eyeballs on vids, whether what's on the vids actually work or not. There is an Australian woman who has done some of their "hacks" and most are complete bullshit and done in a content farm in Eastern Europe. She also did some digging and they run a whole slew of similar sites that all exist just to trick people into views.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yeah they even reuse hacks in videos. It's just clickbait trash but I can't help but watch them in double time and go "who fuckin' came up with this?!"

HazCat
May 4, 2009

MrUnderbridge posted:

That cat needs to get off its lazy rear end and loving do something about those goddamned owls!

Give the poor cat a break, can't you see it's incredibly high?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MrUnderbridge posted:

Also, 5 minute crafts is a click bait driven scam to get eyeballs on vids, whether what's on the vids actually work or not. There is an Australian woman who has done some of their "hacks" and most are complete bullshit and done in a content farm in Eastern Europe. She also did some digging and they run a whole slew of similar sites that all exist just to trick people into views.

Ann Reardon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvqa8dsBtno

She's done a whole series on debunking cooking and lifehack videos.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Ann Reardon is a goddamn Australian national treasure and she should be getting an honour this weekend instead of Margaret Court :colbert:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The baking ones are the weirdest poo poo to me because instead of being super clickbaity they're usually presented as regular recipes, but the info in them is completely wrong. Normal baking process, but the ingredients and quantities are changed to make it not work. Using a real recipe wouldn't make the video less engaging to viewers or more expensive to make, but nah, gently caress it, let's microwave a cup of salted milk for 10 minutes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dip Viscous posted:

The baking ones are the weirdest poo poo to me because instead of being super clickbaity they're usually presented as regular recipes, but the info in them is completely wrong. Normal baking process, but the ingredients and quantities are changed to make it not work. Using a real recipe wouldn't make the video less engaging to viewers or more expensive to make, but nah, gently caress it, let's microwave a cup of salted milk for 10 minutes.

Then they'd be just like every other baking video but now they've got one with people passing it around laughing at how wrong they got it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Possibly not a trend that holds to swapping kitchen knives for bowls full of razor blades, however.
I like to put burglars in a bowl with some thumbtacks instead of shooting them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Houses are basically bowls, if you throw enough food on the floor.