Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Current and former Trump aides began texting each other. Some were surprised that Twitter had finally done it. Others breathed a sigh of relief.

“We can finally sleep in peace,” remarked one former Trump aide.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/kumomajin/status/1351849393175990275?s=19

:captainpop:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

corgiwizard posted:

the good ol’ days

drat straight

90s owned too though

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

hey scott steiner what do you think about turlmpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

this fuckin guy

i've walked by his store many times, he's always outside wearing that beret and smoking a cigarette. made small talk. now he's on fox news bitching about hunter biden or something lmao

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
trumpin and dungeons is all that i crave

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

"When I was researching the English-speaking "everyday" community, I found an interesting topic. Although it is hardly known in Japan, the "shark poster" affixed to the Shinonome Research Institute in the anime version "Daily Life" has gained extraordinary popularity overseas, and an internet meme that jumped beyond the framework of "Daily Life". It seems that it has become established as.

f you search in English, you will find that many non-genuine "shark poster" products are hit. Of course, pirated editions are on the market, but what's even more surprising is that "shark posters" have become so popular that they can be made into goods without permission.

"Shark poster" unofficial goods, I would like you to check by image search from the Google search link above, but not only posters but also T-shirts and hoodies, bags and water bottles and a wide variety of derivative products, "Why? The impression comes first. (Because it is a pirated version, do not link directly, never purchase)

As a side note, there are only two types of officially released "shark" goods (the 2013 Ichiban Kuji prize towel and the poster drawn by Dr. Arai in 2015), which appears in the anime "Nichijou". Products with the same design as the "shark poster" are not for sale. Japanese pirated editions are not a hit, so it is considered to be a demand peculiar to English-speaking countries.

In addition, on reddit (a site like 5ch overseas), "shark poster" seems to have gained a certain degree of popularity from overseas users, and images collaged with Vtuber "Gawr Gura" by connecting shark characters are created. doing. It can be said that this is also a movement not seen in Japan.

Postscript: In reddit, there was a post like a link about "shark poster". Also, in the English-speaking world, "same" stands for the slang word "that" in Japanese, and we received a reply saying that "shark posters" might have spread as memes because of their ease of use.

Digression: The anime version of "Nichijou" reproduces the original manga version of Arai-sensei with high accuracy, but for some reason the "shark poster" has been changed when it was animated. (See the image for the manga version, the second is the official shark poster commissioned by Professor Arai to Comiket in 2015) It is unknown why the minor change was made.

Addendum 2: "Nichijou" is very popular overseas (the pros and cons at the time of the terrestrial broadcast, but it is stated in the English version of the Nichijou wiki that it was re-evaluated later), and the English-speaking anime video site "2010 It has been selected among the "25 selections that represent the age group". This kind of meme was born because it is famous overseas

Addendum 3: This is also not a topic in Japan, but Professor Arai Keiichi revealed in an interview with overseas media that "Nichijou" was influenced by Tarantino's movie "Four Room". (The original text is in English, but I translated it in full, and if you read it, you will understand the unexpected side of "everyday".)

In the above tweet, I wrote that there are two types of official "daily life" shark goods, but the correct number was three. I forgot the 2012 reference book "A book that gives you an interesting understanding of the basics of chemistry that you learn from" everyday "" (the back side is a shark poster design), I'm sorry!"
"

UFOTacoMan has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Jan 22, 2021

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wow is there a story here?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

anyone know what dan bongino is up to?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Trump spent the day watching TV. He had Fox News on even though he hadn’t forgiven the network for its role in calling the battleground state of Arizona for Biden. And still unable to vent on Twitter, he made more calls than usual — not, as one former Trump aide said, “to more people” but rather, “the same people over and over again.”

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

CODChimera posted:

wow is there a story here?

Yes but it's in japanese

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

how are we talking about wrestling without posting about scott steiner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_qmZPdZcI

that time some random official sent by the bosses asked Scott (the most On Drugs man in the modern history of the business) to do a drug test, and he said he would if HHH (the husband of the boss' daughter; also, at this point in his career, noticeably On Drugs) went and took one with him

he was never asked again

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That was actually fascinating to read.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Samurai Sanders posted:

That was actually fascinating to read.

:same:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1352407283221876736
https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1352412395218460674

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

how are we talking about wrestling without posting about scott steiner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_qmZPdZcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5oTlSj1cGQ

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Outside critics mocked the first lady’s self-absorbed message. Some of the vice president’s aides noted that her typo-ridden statement had misspelled the name of one of those killed.

“It was just exactly what you would expect from the Trump family during a moment of national grief,” said one White House official.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/theepicdept/status/1352362297218510851?s=21

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

Current and former Trump aides began texting each other. Some were surprised that Twitter had finally done it. Others breathed a sigh of relief.

“We can finally sleep in peace,” remarked one former Trump aide.

That politico article is long as hell, but a worthy way to end this chapter on Trump

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
spicy veggie udon stirfry for dindin

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

aww man :smith: i wish i didn't know that guy was a chud

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

he swore an oath to uphold the constitution, just not THAT constitution

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

oxsnard posted:

I love that hunter is a million times cooler and more successful at grifting than Don Jr and Eric combined

marrying n loving your dead brothers wife and then divorcing her again is a pretty pro move

dudes rock

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

if u dont watch nichijou, gently caress u

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

Ray Wise has literally played satan before so not far off

he was a good satan

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fireside Nut posted:

where the FUKC is my money bearjim

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

God they suck so loving much

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Chard posted:

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

drat if he was an av he’d line up real nice with the taser balls gang tag

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chard posted:

nichifuck u

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

FistEnergy posted:

anybody have the gif of the woman bouncing her butt and it transitions into a can of rancid meat coming out of a can? I lost it and it would be the perfect reply in my boys text group, namaste

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just bought Nick Lutsko's album on vinyl. I can be at the RNC whenever I want now.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

This poo poo makes you stupid

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

So Fox News is going to flip out at absolutely everything Biden does. Which will make libs point and laugh at how bizarre they are and to never listen to anything even the slightest critical of Biden. Which means President Cruz in 2028 2024

Yup, essentially the same thing that's been happening for probably decades now. Critical of Democrats? You must be {a republican/a russian/an idiot}

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Oh my god, I thought that was a euphemism for something but holy poo poo yeah, never look at the feet of a newborn horse :stare:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chard posted:

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Gods_Butthole posted:

This poo poo makes you stupid

tump

Adbot