Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there not exactly as many stabbers as there is demon guys why would they make it even possible to do this

There are exactly as many stabbers as demon guys, but you can find all demon guys before the last stabber, which you can only get after the boss you're fighting.

Presumably they did this to make you feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is there not exactly as many stabbers as there is demon guys why would they make it even possible to do this

Guess who's holding the last one :troll:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Go kill the optional boss. I forget if you need the Ashen Mist Heart thing to access him but you already have that. He drops a smelter wedge.

Oh wikidot says you can only get to it if you've defeated Fume Knight. Pwned.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
the smelter wedges were one time my instinct to hoard Special Things saved me, I only used one or two on really annoying demon guys but otherwise held on to them all until I got to Fume Knight.

John Rando
Nov 29, 2013

I didn’t even realize the demon killing stakes were consumables and not just one. I’ve run around and exploded all of them except there’s one around the boss fights igloo that I don’t have one for. And apparently I don’t get another until after the boss fight??

Oh no. I did the same thing in my first playthrough and it's still doable, you'll just have to fight him on the other side of the arena. But look on the bright side, it prolongs what is widely considered the best fight in the game!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

the smelter wedges were one time my instinct to hoard Special Things saved me, I only used one or two on really annoying demon guys but otherwise held on to them all until I got to Fume Knight.

I saved them all until AFTER Fume Knight :shepface:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The idols around fume's arena heal him over time, but they have a limited radius.
If you don't go too close to the wall next to the remaining idol, it won't be close enough to heal him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Im going to run out of humanities trying to kill this jerk

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Be a Sunbro and become human for helping others. Save your effigies for the Darklurker sidequest.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Do another DLC first

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

its actually impossible even with a brightbug

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I didn’t even realize the demon killing stakes were consumables and not just one. I’ve run around and exploded all of them except there’s one around the boss fights igloo that I don’t have one for. And apparently I don’t get another until after the boss fight??

Lmfao

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

i give up

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
:darksouls:

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

axolotl farmer posted:

Be a Sunbro and become human for helping others. Save your effigies for the Darklurker sidequest.

Isn't the game dead at this point for random multiplayer?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I played on PS4 this year and had no problem getting coops and summons for bosses. For Fume Knight I rarely had to wait more than a minute or so in the evening.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do I make someone help me that isn’t these useless npcs that I even went and leveled up my int to 3 to get the second one

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

How do I make someone help me that isn’t these useless npcs that I even went and leveled up my int to 3 to get the second one

Don't use the NPCs at Fume Knight, they mostly just buff his HP.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Be the one to help yourself by learning the timing on his swings and rolling through them like a pro : )

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You can simplify Fume Knight a little by only having to learn his second phase, assuming you've completed the Undead Crypt already. To do this, buy Velstadt's Helmet from Maughlin (need to have spent 15,000 souls cumulatively at his shop before it appears) and equip it before entering Fume Knight's arena. This will cause him to immediately ignite his sword and enter phase two.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I tried just going to a different dlc but my hearts just not in it knowing he is still over there, waiting, watching, taunting

I killed him once with a brightbug but he killed me at the same time and it didn’t count and I almost had a stroke

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I tried just going to a different dlc but my hearts just not in it knowing he is still over there, waiting, watching, taunting

I killed him once with a brightbug but he killed me at the same time and it didn’t count and I almost had a stroke

You're nearly there! Keep at it and you'll get him down!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Beating Fume Knight is literally getting gud. When you beat him you can know that you are now gud. Now get gud, you can do it.

-push it to the limit begins to play in the background-

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

Beating Fume Knight is literally getting gud. When you beat him you can know that you are now gud. Now get gud, you can do it.

-push it to the limit begins to play in the background-

Beating fume knight means you're good enough to solo the coop boss

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 23, 2021

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Fume Knight gives you a great reward if you're playing a caster, but otherwise you may as well take care of the other DLCs first. He can be cheesed though.

The first form can be cheesed by running away. If you keep running away, he will soon enough start running after you. Once he does, he will always use a stab that's easy to dodge and punish. His second form is rather easy with ranged attacks. He is resistant to elemental damage, but spells are probably still better than bows. Even if you don't want to range cheese him, his second form is IMO easier than the first one.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you should fight him without cheese because it's more fun and satisfying

it's a matter of knowing which of his swings are delayed to rollcatch you, mostly

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I beat Fume knight with a human phantom after many many solo tries :negative:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

you should fight him without cheese because it's more fun and satisfying

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

the reward of beating fume night is getting to have an honorable duel (after you clear out allone's foyer fifteen times)

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
You can just sprint past everything to Allone easily though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"easily" is exaggerating, it's quite a bit rougher than most runbacks

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I find it easier than most, but its pretty subjective and you do have to get the attack timings down for the alonne knights. You really should have those down from Iron Keep though, which is a much nastier run through/fight.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Now im stuck on these dumb 3 bosses at once and one of them is wearing the armor that I wear why am I not playing the next game right now

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Now im stuck on these dumb 3 bosses at once and one of them is wearing the armor that I wear why am I not playing the next game right now

These guys suck rear end to fight and the reward for them is peanuts. Skip it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Skip those guys but make sure you find the route to Sir Alonne. Did you get Fume Knight?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

multijoe posted:

Skip those guys but make sure you find the route to Sir Alonne. Did you get Fume Knight?

No I can’t beat him so he wins I guess

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

No I can’t beat him so he wins I guess

I don't want to pile on the unwanted advice but maybe consider giving it maybe five runs a day. That you don't get too frustrated and fall into the bash against the wall type of play.
I dunno, that's always worked for me in games.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Fume Knight is insanely good and probably my favorite fight in the series

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Try out the other dlcs. Don't play games that piss you off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I prefer the challenge + spectacle of Friede and OoK, but Fume Knight really does own as the ultimate DS2 knight boss specifically designed to gently caress with the player and counter the standard methods for fighting Souls bosses