Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hot Diggity! posted:

So something that the potential / probable new job did not mention is I would have the title of VP on the legal team :stare:

Up against the wall next to Spo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

So something that the potential / probable new job did not mention is I would have the title of VP on the legal team :stare:

Gonna lead an insurrection against you, Mr. Vice President

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot Diggity! posted:

If the President of the legal team does some shady stuff, can you 25th him and assume power?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Look at this motherfucker over here.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN-OJoj7meQ
This except in a mullet and a very yinzer accent
Or this guy:
https://twitter.com/fsmikey/status/1352231272710549510

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 22, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Best bit of screwing over a retail chain I ever saw was back at Best Buy. The girls working at the service desk were notorious for just accepting things without paying attention because they didn't care and/or were too busy texting.

So a guy paid for a TV in cash a few days earlier, decides he doesn't like it anymore and brings it back.

Girl tries to pick up the box, says it's heavy and pushes it to the side. Gives the guy a refund and the guy leaves.

About 2 hours later they call us to come up front to get the TV.

The box was literally filled with rocks.

You gotta have some serious cojones to try that.

Was it a Rocku TV?

wocka wocka

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

And thus the chrysalis completes it's natural transition from a worker to management; it's place on the wall has been secured for another generation.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Up against the wall next to Spo

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hot Diggity! posted:

gently caress, I felt weird taking the title senior engineer when I started this job. That's a hell of a title.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dudes I'm tired come Fridays now. 5 workouts at 5am, full days work. Takes it outta ya I tells ya what.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

Let it be known that the Trump Administration showed that really, truly, anybody could be President.
We were so focused on if anyone "could" we never stopped to think if anyone "should".

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

We were so focused on if anyone "could" we never stopped to think if anyone "should".

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

Dudes I'm tired come Fridays now. 5 workouts at 5am, full days work. Takes it outta ya I tells ya what.

How is your state doing in terms of Covid? I'm super jealous of being able to reliably go to gym and just, IDK, use a treadmill and poo poo

poo poo, I'd settle for a haircut, my last one was mid-november

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I'm fully vaccinated and had a raging hardon for diving back into weight training after *checks watch* 15ish years of vacillating-yet-not-catastrophic sloth but I'm like super scared of hoovering up a poo poo ton of covid and spewing it all over my family later.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't know anything about the guy, but I think I like this latest Biden appointment.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1352434894484500483?s=20

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hell yeah!

So when I was interviewing for my job the last step was just one of those 'don't gently caress up and this is yours' phone calls. The guy on the other end started with how he's running the internship program this summer and I was like 'hold up... this is for a full time position.' He took a second and realized he had screwed up. Rest of the call was all good. When I got my offer letter a couple days later it said Vice President so I called HR thinking they screwed up again. Turns out my company gives us a VP title even though we're the equivalent of a Senior Consultant. Can't complain about that.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/npr/status/1352398949072707584?s=21

…poo poo.

:lmao:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

I don't know anything about the guy, but I think I like this latest Biden appointment.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1352434894484500483?s=20

Agreed.

gently caress Israel in its authoritarian, ethnic-cleansing pisshole.

Poe's Law has fuckered my noodle and I'm not sure if that's a daily show photoshop or real.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

How is your state doing in terms of Covid? I'm super jealous of being able to reliably go to gym and just, IDK, use a treadmill and poo poo

My state is a poo poo-show but I'm still going to the gym. Masks are required and I can stay away from the dumbasses who wear them below the nose. Or yell at the ones who fully chinstrap.

I don't dare breathe unless my mask is on though. And I wear a gaiter that's two layers of fabric and has enough spandex to be a real snug fit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

0 community transmission at the moment. 23 active cases but they're all in hotel quarantine.

Our whole country has had 0 acquired cases in the last 24 hours and just 8 over the last week. All contact traced and isolated.

We had a scare two weeks ago when a hotel cleaner picked up the UK strain but she isolated and got tested as soon as she felt sick. So two weeks we all wore masks etc but restrictions have almost all been lifted. We just have to sign in when we go places for tracking purposes.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

0 community transmission at the moment. 23 active cases but they're all in hotel quarantine.

Our whole country has had 0 acquired cases in the last 24 hours and just 8 over the last week. All contact traced and isolated.

We had a scare two weeks ago when a hotel cleaner picked up the UK strain but she isolated and got tested as soon as she felt sick. So two weeks we all wore masks etc but restrictions have almost all been lifted. We just have to sign in when we go places for tracking purposes.

I'm so jealous

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Actually most people in Pittsburgh work as panhandlers. It's such a terrible, terrible city.
Lmao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/bijanstephen/status/1352365672987324420?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1352390788613857284?s=20

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Black Mirror predicts everything.

Just give me San Junipero.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ahahahahaha gently caress this guy

https://twitter.com/BylineTV/status/1352352805273657347?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My favorite is the rich rear end in a top hat British expats living on like the Mediterranean coast and poo poo realizing they have to move back to their rainy rear end island after voting for Brexit with absentee ballots.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

My favorite is the rich rear end in a top hat British expats living on like the Mediterranean coast and poo poo realizing they have to move back to their rainy rear end island after voting for Brexit with absentee ballots.

Oh yeah. For as much as I loved The Who as a high schooler, seeing Roger Daltrey hoisted by his own petard and saying “well we didn’t want to tour there anyhow” about mainland Europe is funny as gently caress.

Any guesses as to when the next election in the UK could be if the Tories continue to gently caress this up so badly?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

harperdc posted:

Oh yeah. For as much as I loved The Who as a high schooler, seeing Roger Daltrey hoisted by his own petard and saying “well we didn’t want to tour there anyhow” about mainland Europe is funny as gently caress.

Any guesses as to when the next election in the UK could be if the Tories continue to gently caress this up so badly?

It's what, five years or until the ruling party thinks they'll win, whichever is first? Five years from the last election.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vice did a really cool piece on All Gas No Brakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUbod5t_2oM

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Black Mirror gets brought up a lot with this stuff but this is literally the plot of Be Right Back prior to the robot part :lol:

Silly Burrito posted:

Black Mirror predicts everything.

Just give me San Junipero.

San Junipero is a feel good episode but drat would it not appeal to me IRL

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

Black Mirror gets brought up a lot with this stuff but this is literally the plot of Be Right Back prior to the robot part :lol:

This is going to prob draw me some heat but that episode was so depressing to me that it put me off the whole series

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It's what, five years or until the ruling party thinks they'll win, whichever is first? Five years from the last election.

Yep, last one that was scheduled was December 2019.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

This is going to prob draw me some heat but that episode was so depressing to me that it put me off the whole series

It's supposed to be depressing. The second she tells him to beg for his life it's just like ughhhhhhh

e: edited in spoilers for a 7 year old episode

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hi there VP. I just went through like 6 interviews only for them to pull the job rec on us. Plz hire.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I never finished the episode because it weirded me out so much

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

all my favorite sci-fi is super depressing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I never finished the episode because it weirded me out so much

The one with the robot dogs was really good until the ending, when the twist made it just utterly ridiculous

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

The one with the robot dogs was really good until the ending, when the twist made it just utterly ridiculous

I had to look it up and can't even remember seeing that one, maybe I never watched it.

Started watching Ted Lasso and it's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Having been swept up in the Black Mirror zeitgeist a few years ago or whenever, I remember almost nothing about that show other than White Bear and the episode that kind of sort of predicted (former) President Trump.