Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

an actual dog posted:

there was a beautiful episode of yuru camp today where two girls ate delicious eel and had a nice talk about their lives, and you're putting one brain cell towards thinking about this crap

yuru camps tone is so good its so nice to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

My isekai anime pitch:
It's a japanese 60s student protest leader, a black panther, a viet-cong, an unassuming jewish professor (who turns out to be communist and to have worked on the Manhattan project) and a palestinian, sent to the cliché fantasy Isekai with slavery.
And then they gently caress poo poo up.

im sold, just write it up as a trashy light novel and ill be adopted in no time

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1351891442457829377
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1352228391135666188

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

there was a beautiful episode of yuru camp today where two girls ate delicious eel and had a nice talk about their lives, and you're putting one brain cell towards thinking about this crap

Single Brain Cell At Work!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pitch posted:

I personally have a problem where I feel like genuinely good anime deserves more attention from me so I put it off but end up watching complete garbage the day it airs.

I do this with any media. Books, movies, tv shows. I just want background noise for when I am a stupid idiot wasting time playing grindy RPGs or browsing forums.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the “i reincarnated as a spider, so what!” show is kind of fun

e: the last Evangelion rebuild movie comes out today apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1klJIyx060

wolfs has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Jan 22, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
how fast will subs be available for those who do not speak the glorious tongue of nippon

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
It's been delayed again because Japan declared a state of emergency over COVID that won't end until at least February. I think it happened like immediately after they released that trailer.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

an actual dog posted:

i binged the rest of akudama drive afterwards so it evens out

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

aura battler dunbine is an isekai

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

wolfs posted:

Pitch posted:

It's been delayed again because Japan declared a state of emergency over COVID that won't end until at least February. I think it happened like immediately after they released that trailer.
Nature is healing.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pitch posted:

look at what i said in 2019 when someone told me it was coming out in 2020. what a dumb bitch. idiot hell fucker

crepeface posted:

Bernie's chances for 2020 look better everyday so I am going to let myself believe that good things can happen.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Urasekai Picnic still cool.

The egg show also looking pretty good too so far.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Could one of you beautiful bastards hit me up with the No Joe gang tag? Takes me back to my Kekistan days ha ha

lmfao. click the ? on that post.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pitch posted:

I personally have a problem where I feel like genuinely good anime deserves more attention from me so I put it off but end up watching complete garbage the day it airs.

i do this with everything

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Pitch posted:

good thing, it'd be a little on the nose for the hardcore eva geek dudes to die from watching the last installment of the series

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I always found the rebuild movies incoherent and kinda pointless. Not stoked for the final installment. I'd have to rewatch all the other ones first.

I say this as a big EVA nerd.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Southpaugh posted:

I always found the rebuild movies incoherent and kinda pointless. Not stoked for the final installment. I'd have to rewatch all the other ones first.

I say this as a big EVA nerd.

the rebuilds are really bad imo

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Maya Fey posted:

the rebuilds are really bad imo

Actually they own because it's Anno giving the fanbase what they want in the most insulting way possible

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Dr Pepper posted:

Actually they own because it's Anno giving the fanbase what they want in the most insulting way possible

there's some stuff in there that makes me question whether he's actually involved at all

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the rebuilds are great and have only gotten better as they diverged down weird side paths

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like how it's actually worse for everyone when Shinji has a spine.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

wolfs posted:

It was good when it got posted in the webcomics thread so it'll probably be fun until way later when she evolves into a spidergirl

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

wolfs posted:

And Rayerath.

And Escaflowne.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

an actual dog posted:

Yeah I'm on board with this poo poo now, the world is already horrible, going out and seeking the most :suicide: inducing stuff right now for funzies is just going to destroy your soul

I never liked light moe crap but I've been getting the appeal of it more and more over the past few years

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Reminder that Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is loving incredible and pulls off a story with good and chill vibes set at the end of the world.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

wolfs posted:

it’s really cool and weird

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

an actual dog posted:

the rebuilds are great and have only gotten better as they diverged down weird side paths

This.
It’s me, I’m the person who likes Eva for the mecha fights, crazy creature and mechanical designs, ridiculous lore, and weird imagery.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

ATP_Power posted:

Reminder that Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is loving incredible and pulls off a story with good and chill vibes set at the end of the world.

i vaguely remember hearing about that manga a long time ago but never managed to get started on it

now might be a good time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Killjoy posted:

apply healing staff to a small clump of cancer in an opponent’s body, turning them into a The Thing-like monstrosity in seconds

bing bang boom no rape needed

a web novel i read had a side character who was a 'biomancer' which was pretty body horror because thats basically what his magic did

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rzBfgjXO3c

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

an actual dog posted:

thank you for mentioning this show. it's very good. so far thanks to this thread ive now seen spirited away, porco rossu, klk, and now yurus camp (still on s1 though). its a very gorgeous heartwarming show

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xaris posted:

thank you for mentioning this show. it's very good. so far thanks to this thread ive now seen spirited away, porco rossu, klk, and now yurus camp (still on s1 though). its a very gorgeous heartwarming show

:yeah: !! The other heavy hitting shows in the genre are Non Non Biyori, K-ON, Hidamari Sketch, and if you stretch it a little A Place Further Than The Universe tho that one is gonna make you cry.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

an actual dog posted:

:yeah: !! The other heavy hitting shows in the genre are Non Non Biyori, K-ON, Hidamari Sketch, and if you stretch it a little A Place Further Than The Universe tho that one is gonna make you cry.

ok neat i'll put them on Plex. thats the sum of my entire anime experience but i'm down to watch more and i enjoy watching steaming hot bowls of soup and dumplings. what about Restaurant to Another World, is that any good?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
to all the "war in the pocket" recommenders:

god drat it, i thought it was gonna be childish. i thought it was gonna be dumb.

but its pretty darn good

gently caress

edit: bernie woulda won :qq:

RaySmuckles has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Jan 25, 2021

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Why does Japan hate women so much

Japan is a land of contrasts, OP

https://web.archive.org/web/20141107125736/http://www.genders.org/g36/g36_ebihara.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sazae-san

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H48GPv4BZI

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

you should all watch wonder egg priority if you’re after some serious business depression and suicide currently airing content that looks really nice

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It was good when it got posted in the webcomics thread so it'll probably be fun until way later when she evolves into a spidergirl

like that dark souls boss spidergirl, girl up top spider carapace down below, or like your friendly neighborhood spoderman?

because honestly the first 5 seconds or so of the ed is a good portrayal of how spiders scuttle really fast and i find it satisfying to watch and i’ll be sad to lose the spider gimmick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eciJ-ercyPU

also the small enka interlude is fun

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The ending song is insane and I still can't wrap my head around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xaris posted:

ok neat i'll put them on Plex. thats the sum of my entire anime experience but i'm down to watch more and i enjoy watching steaming hot bowls of soup and dumplings. what about Restaurant to Another World, is that any good?

I didn't get super into that but it's definitely worth a shot. I haven't watched a ton of food shows, the ones that really stuck with me are Silver Spoon (about an agricultural high school) and Wakakozake (the episodes are only 2 minutes long but you'll get it if you check the first episode)