Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

lol

they had 10 unionized employees

they fired 2000 employees, one-fifth of their entire workforce

Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

chaleski posted:

He's so down to own Earth

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

dex_sda posted:

Jesus christ

Maybe the rest of the serfs will be too scared to raise their voices again.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

not sure if this applies to zuckernerd but a lot of that just looks like poo poo but the t-shirt still costs $500 or w/e

e: lmao just checked and the shirt is $700 but since he wears them once and throws them away he only pays $400

inferis has issued a correction as of 14:49 on Jan 22, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

inferis posted:

e: lmao just checked and the shirt is $700 but since he wears them once and throws them away he only pays $400

:psyduck:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The guy buying all adjacent properties so he doesn't have to live near anyone is incredibly relatable to me, a shut in goon.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

lol

Gotta get rid of anyone who even breathed the same air as those dirty union people.

Can't have it spreading.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

I'm pretty sure the dude with 4 stalin pictures in his avatar was being sarcastic

but seriously, Biden campaigned on being pro-union. lmao

I vaguely remember one of the stupider unions endorsing Trump but when I went to look for it I instead found this:

https://deadline.com/2021/01/donald-trump-sag-aftra-trial-expulsion-hollywood-union-1234674988/

quote:

SAG-AFTRA took a major step Tuesday towards kicking Donald Trump out of the union. Meeting in special session, the national board of directors voted overwhelmingly to find “probable cause” that Trump, who has been a member for over 30 years, has “violated the union’s Constitution,” and ordered the matter to be heard by SAG-AFTRA’s Disciplinary Committee.

That'll show him!!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

inferis posted:

not sure if this applies to zuckernerd but a lot of that just looks like poo poo but the t-shirt still costs $500 or w/e

he does that too? i though it was just soylent guy who convinced himself that buying crates full of flight suites from china and wearing them until people around him start vomiting from the smell before throwing it away was more efficient than washing clothes once in a while

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i dont get how its cheaper to buy the shirt if you only wear it once and throw it away

pls explain it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
they should just pass a law that says Amazon isn’t allowed to move

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

indigi posted:

they should just pass a law that says Amazon isn’t allowed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Carthag Tuek posted:

i dont get how its cheaper to buy the shirt if you only wear it once and throw it away

pls explain it

I assume it's some Bay Area sponge for QE money, with a mission to "disrupt t-shirts"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Carthag Tuek posted:

pls explain it
Presumably the $700 shirt people let him buy wholesale or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Carthag Tuek posted:

pls explain it

bulk discount probably

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

indigi posted:

bulk discount probably

yeah that’s what I meant

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jfc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

literally more than half the clothing produced worldwide are destroyed unsold

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Caeser had a stupid haircut too

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

is that the madame tussauds wax statue she's posting with?

The_Franz posted:

he does that too? i though it was just soylent guy who convinced himself that buying crates full of flight suites from china and wearing them until people around him start vomiting from the smell before throwing it away was more efficient than washing clothes once in a while

dont be ridiculous
he donates his disgusting, dirty clothes
you dont get a tax credit throwing away clothes

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

I vaguely remember one of the stupider unions endorsing Trump but when I went to look for it I instead found this:

https://deadline.com/2021/01/donald-trump-sag-aftra-trial-expulsion-hollywood-union-1234674988/

That'll show him!!

Wait, how was that not an attempted scandal? Being a long-standing union member sounds like the thing his supporters would hate, along with Hollywood in general.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Wait, how was that not an attempted scandal? Being a long-standing union member sounds like the thing his supporters would hate, along with Hollywood in general.

Being a scummy New York City gently caress who never worked a day in his life is also a thing you'd expect his supporters to hate yet here we are

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like in my preferred version of reality, the second Trump tried to run for president everyone in the room would have just done this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2AyjVrrck

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Main Paineframe posted:

lol

decimation is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Like in my preferred version of reality, the second Trump tried to run for president everyone in the room would have just done this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2AyjVrrck

lynch mobs are funny.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Proust Malone posted:

lynch mobs are funny.

gottem

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

dex_sda posted:

Jesus christ

it seems like it's not really directly related to the unionization

stores all over the country have seen in-person business plummet and are now extremely interested in providing curbside pickup and/or delivery.

instacart, which already has the infrastructure set up for that, offers to partner with these stores in exchange for meeting some conditions. one of these conditions is that the store uses its own employees to do the Instacart picking, instead of Instacart sending its own workers

instacart has now made that deal so many times, across so many stores, that they no longer need much of their workforce - they've offloaded the work onto existing grocery employees. this allows them to massively slash payroll while increasing profits. hence this massive purge

and while I have no doubt that they made quite sure that those 10 unionized employees would be included in the layoffs, they'd still be doing these mass layoffs even if no one had ever even thought of unionizing

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Main Paineframe posted:

lol

The Heresy must be cleansed!

Also, why are they laying people off during a COVID surge when people are staying at home and getting delivery?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i think this is code for “ he’s young and rich unlike those black rappers or sports players whose salaries we inexplicably get worked up about “ ?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Is she really short or is he standing on a platform in that picture?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Entorwellian posted:

Is she really short or is he standing on a platform in that picture?

yes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

i think this is code for “ he’s young and rich unlike those black rappers or sports players whose salaries we inexplicably get worked up about “ ?

I mean yes it's really clearly dogwhistle racism, but also it's real stupid.

Also if you go to his twitter page he's apparently a loving "💥SPORTS BETTING EXPERT💥" lmao. You know, responsible uses of money.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh and he's into bitcoin, not that you needed to be told that because of course he's into bitcoin:

https://twitter.com/Mrbankstips/status/1352641669586444291

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

skooma512 posted:

Also, why are they laying people off during a COVID surge when people are staying at home and getting delivery?

yeah thats weird

all of those services are losing money on every transaction, but are "making it up in volume" ie just getting big customer numbers that they can funnel vc cash into

maybe the vc funnel tightened?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jesus christ this guy

https://twitter.com/Mrbankstips/status/1352343120978055181

I feel very guilty that America has exported this much bazinga bullshit to wherever this dude is from (Nigeria I think, he talks about Naira a bunch)

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Just a little /r/wallstreetbets market manipulation. NBD

https://twitter.com/business/status/1352675419514839040

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Jesus christ this guy

https://twitter.com/Mrbankstips/status/1352343120978055181

I feel very guilty that America has exported this much bazinga bullshit to wherever this dude is from (Nigeria I think, he talks about Naira a bunch)

Just choose to have a millionaire apartheid exploiter as your dad, you dumb poors.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Doggles posted:

Just a little /r/wallstreetbets market manipulation. NBD

https://twitter.com/business/status/1352675419514839040

i don't understand any of this poo poo, but if the market is so fragile that loving reddit can do stuff to it, maybe we shouldn't have the market?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lib and let die posted:

i don't understand any of this poo poo, but if the market is so fragile that loving reddit can do stuff to it, maybe we shouldn't have the market?
I think the automated halts are built in so that the fast trading robots can't make their owners go bankrupt

and they just happen to also benefit reddit idiots

note that there is zero regulation of fast trading robots, preferring instead to regulate the possibility of them being bad for their owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think the automated halts are built in so that the fast trading robots can't make their owners go bankrupt

and they just happen to also benefit reddit idiots

note that there is zero regulation of fast trading robots, preferring instead to regulate the possibility of them being bad for their owners

very cool

:d2a: