Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

docbeard posted:

It's certainly funnier than my bit which I like to call "losing my absentee ballot and being half-dead of COVID on election day"

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if you devoted more than 10 minutes to thinking about how to vote in 2020 lol. focusing on this as some litmus test about your leftist cred is silly

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol i you devoted

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Lib and let die posted:

lmao i don't deserve it

Clean your room.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mr Hootington posted:

Taintrunner needs to primary aoc
Taintrunner needs to stick to principles and run on the green party ticket :colbert:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Star Phlatulence posted:

Clean your room.

my wife and i usually clean the condo on saturdays, since it's the one day a week we're both off and a division of labor makes the work easier

oh, and uh, that thing about your monitor, too, i guess.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

THS posted:

if you devoted more than 10 minutes to thinking about how to vote in 2020 lol. focusing on this as some litmus test about your leftist cred is silly

Was very happy to fill out my mail in ballot for the Illinois primary in early February

By the time the Illinois primary came around it was already over :smith:

e: still glad Lipinski ate poo poo though

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

at least she lasted longer than most of the other cast

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
This time, don't free Taintrunner

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I debated voting for a funny write in but I’m lazy so I just voted for Howie. NOT THAT IT MATTERED.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

VideoKid posted:

I debated voting for a funny write in but I’m lazy so I just voted for Howie. NOT THAT IT MATTERED.

well the important thing is that you get to lord your pointless vote over everyone else now

THS
Sep 15, 2017

imo the FTV debate was more interesting because there conceivably was some pressure which could be exerted on the squad, and conceivably the squad could have gotten something out of threatening to not vote for pelosi. but election day last november had basically zero stakes for anyone left of social democrat. in that outcome the left had no leverage whatsoever, regardless of how many podcasters hollered about the wet sack of paper towels that is howie hawkins

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gringostar posted:

at least she lasted longer than most of the other cast
claudia christian will live forever

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

SchnorkIes posted:

This time, don't free Taintrunner

banning taintrunner for running taints seems unsporting

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

THS posted:

imo the FTV debate was more interesting because there conceivably was some pressure which could be exerted on the squad, and conceivably the squad could have gotten something out of threatening to not vote for pelosi. but election day last november had basically zero stakes for anyone left of social democrat. in that outcome the left had no leverage whatsoever, regardless of how many podcasters hollered about the wet sack of paper towels that is howie hawkins

woah, that's a violence.

you're doing a violence on aocia by talking about ftv

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

THS posted:

Right.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

claudia christian will live forever

with as much bullshit as she had to endure from jms she loving deserves to

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

still thinking about that AOC ON HER WAY TO VOTE FOR THE GREEN NEW DEAL tweet

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nonsense posted:

still thinking about that AOC ON HER WAY TO VOTE FOR THE GREEN NEW DEAL tweet

loling over the big deal twitch stream where she won at a game about manipulating, lying to, and killing your friends

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Hank Aaron died :(

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i still got my unopened ballot sitting under a pile of bills and junk, gonna be a collectors item some day

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i think it ended up being a photo of Dua Lipa

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Spaced God posted:

:rip: he seemed cool

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1352646266681872386

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lib and let die posted:

loling over the big deal twitch stream where she won at a game about manipulating, lying to, and killing your friends

I can't believe AOC literally murdered her friends.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

[don hughes voice]

call me back when Howie Hawkins leads an army into the mountains and ruthlessly seizes rural provinces in a maoist insurgency that makes chairman mao look like freidrich ebert!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

eyeroll smiley

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I can't believe AOC literally murdered her friends.

She murdered Charlie. I will never forgive her for what she did to my favorite moist man.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

Is this you???
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1318631071571914753?s=19

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Spaced God posted:

86 is a good run and he seemed to have a pretty good life so I think that's one to celebrate rather than mourn.

Good on ya, Hank.
Wikipedia says he was a vegetarian too.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lol no admitting to playing dumb games developed for twitch is the ultimate self own

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Gringostar posted:

all voting is worthless tbqh

i'll always disagree with this when i see it. not because an individual voting in our federal elections matters to a large degree, but because it loving should, and that it doesn't is what should be upsetting. voting is one of our peaceful powers and should be sufficient to change the system. that it isn't is the outrageous hosed up thing.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Spaced God posted:

aw that's a shame. he was one of the greats that i really looked up to as a kid. tbh i didn't know he was still alive

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Honk Ooran

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

i'll always disagree with this when i see it. not because an individual voting in our federal elections matters to a large degree, but because it loving should, and that it doesn't is what should be upsetting. voting is one of our peaceful powers and should be sufficient to change the system. that it isn't is the outrageous hosed up thing.

yeah, imo whatever your political persuasion it's literally the least you can do

but i understand those who don't

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lib and let die posted:

She murdered Charlie. I will never forgive her for what she did to my favorite moist man.

maybe charlie just thought that him being moist means his wife never had to be

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is the biden thread still a succzone colony or has it chilled out enough to be a place to post news

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Newsflash: the democrats loving suck

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Taintrunner spend more time probed than not.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Is the biden thread still a succzone colony or has it chilled out enough to be a place to post news

did u not read the announcement? u can post news here too. this is the replacement for the trump thread, just not purely focused on trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

the idea that peaceful voting can change the system thanks to democracy is the kind of American Civil Religion and civics class level propaganda that should be shed away the first time you start reading history in a serious way. political power is won through much more active means, and there’s no exception to this in history

the ruling class has never given up their power peacefully, and they never will. the moment voting becomes a danger to private property, is the moment when that movement to eliminate private property will be co-opted. if it can’t be co-opted, then the ruling class will pay men with rifles and tanks to stop it