Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

boop the snoot posted:

Politico rates this statement as FALSE. Trump hired people to storm the Capitol. He never paid them.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Autogolpe organizer. Time for a treason trial.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

boop the snoot posted:

Politico rates this statement as FALSE. Trump hired people to storm the Capitol. He never paid them.

:golfclap:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boop the snoot posted:

:nice:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
How Chaotic Redditors Made GameStop Stock Skyrocket (and Made Short Sellers Cry)

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1352676952201719811

Nothing screams "the entire fiscal system is dumb and bad" like Wallstreetbets pumping fuckin Gamestop stock and winning (for once).

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t want him convicted in impeachment. I want him to form his own party and completely Balkanize the Right wing of our countries politics.

Him getting convicted is a net good for the GOP. If he’s convicted in the senate he’s not able to hold any public office, and he’s persona non grata forever.

But uh, yeah, as much as I want to see that snake eat it’s own tail I’m thinking he might just (and justly) catch a conviction this time.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I mean, I'm all with you on the :dogbutton: in general over the whole insurrection, but that new revelation is pretty inconsequential to me, to be perfectly honest.
Astroturfing the gently caress out of rallies and protests has been SOP for quite a while, and the REALLY bad aspect for me is what Trump and his shitlord shills have said since (before, I guess) the election, which directly led to January 6th.

It would be interesting if this information could make an impact on his culpability, though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, I'm all with you on the :dogbutton: in general over the whole insurrection, but that new revelation is pretty inconsequential to me, to be perfectly honest.
Astroturfing the gently caress out of rallies and protests has been SOP for quite a while, and the REALLY bad aspect for me is what Trump and his shitlord shills have said since (before, I guess) the election, which directly led to January 6th.

It would be interesting if this information could make an impact on his culpability, though.

It's how quickly it was found and, consequently, how utterly brazen it was that has me dog buttoning. We all suspected it but seeing it out there is just next level.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Having the first WOC VP stuck in the Senate because the party is too weak to unite against McConnell's Mitch rear end would be terrible. She needs to be active and visible all over. Biden is old AF and Harris needs to be prepped quickly and powerfully.

I don't get it, wouldn't this be the exact opposite of what you're proposing.

How is actively being the president of the senate make her not the most visible VP since Ford? No one forgot that Mitch McConnel or Chuck Schumer existed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

facialimpediment posted:

How Chaotic Redditors Made GameStop Stock Skyrocket (and Made Short Sellers Cry)

Nothing screams "the entire fiscal system is dumb and bad" like Wallstreetbets pumping fuckin Gamestop stock and winning (for once).

I have some friends who just made money off this, it's extremely funny

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I remember looking to short them last week and couldn't find shares and thinking 'Oh my God we're about to see the stupidest possible outcome yet a loving gain" and here we are!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Defenestrategy posted:

I don't get it, wouldn't this be the exact opposite of what you're proposing.

How is actively being the president of the senate make her not the most visible VP since Ford? No one forgot that Mitch McConnel or Chuck Schumer existed.

Visible as a tiebreaker vote in the Senate is not comparable to visible as the leader of executive projects. It's basically babysitting a bunch of old white men instead of building trust and executive experience like what Obama did to set Biden up for his run.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Autogolpe organizer. Time for a treason trial.

I don’t think that autogulpes are technically treason under the Constitution, but he could be charged with three other capital offenses, so no great loss.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I don’t want him convicted in impeachment. I want him to form his own party and completely Balkanize the Right wing of our countries politics.

Him getting convicted is a net good for the GOP. If he’s convicted in the senate he’s not able to hold any public office, and he’s persona non grata forever.

But uh, yeah, as much as I want to see that snake eat it’s own tail I’m thinking he might just (and justly) catch a conviction this time.

This is playing with fire. In the short term, you may be right, but it is a terrible, terrible precedent to set (or continue, after Ford) that “they’ll let you do anything” if it’s politically expedient.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

This sounds kind of suspicious

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 22, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stultus Maximus posted:

Visible as a tiebreaker vote in the Senate is not comparable to visible as the leader of executive projects. It's basically babysitting a bunch of old white men instead of building trust and executive experience like what Obama did to set Biden up for his run.

Change the rules to let her participate in debates. :getin:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

facialimpediment posted:

I heard jokes about the gamestop stock price and didn't get it, now I'm looking at their price over the last month and laughing my rear end off at the work of a bunch of reddit shitposters.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my buddy is in on it

that explains why hes been interested in the stock market lately

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe we can band all the non-wealthy people together to manipulate the market enough to gently caress a bunch of rich people.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

boop the snoot posted:

Maybe we can band all the non-wealthy people together to manipulate the market enough to gently caress a bunch of rich people.

lol, they designed the market so they can't lose

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You could probably pants them once in a while like this but it’s unlikely to be a lasting force in the market since they have a lot more ways to gently caress with people not as rich.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

boop the snoot posted:

Hahahahah

Even if you had maximum participation, we wouldn't have enough to do poo poo. The Gamestop guys got lucky.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Wait, why does the President Pro-Tempore have more power than the actual President?

I thought the deal was The President Pro-Tempore(Layhe not schumer, derp) was given the power of the president of the Senate, only while the actual president didn't wanna futz about with the Senate?

Edit:I mean parliamentary procedure is all about rules, and who has more power than the umpire in that case?

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 22, 2021

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Dude used his home address for the party HQ.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

Wait, why does the President Pro-Tempore have more power than the actual President?

It’s because two dipshits from (guess the state) South Carolina got into a fight on the floor on February 22, 1902 and the Vice President’s speaking power was collateral damage in the reform of debate rules that followed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

This is why I'm fine with slow-rolling the trial.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

drat...you might be onto something...

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 22, 2021

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

This sounds kind of suspicious

Robinhood let’s you toss $1 into these things “for the memes”. There are almost 2 million subscribers.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

ASAPI posted:

Hahahahah

Even if you had maximum participation, we wouldn't have enough to do poo poo. The Gamestop guys got lucky.

this is just tulip mania. simplest explanation is usually the correct one, in this case yet again that people are insanely loving stupid (unless they saw this coming and had a plan which is probably a VERY small percentage of folks)

robinhood will day one let you make complex trades that absolutely no beginner should be doing on borrowed money. i'm surprised we haven't seen more robinhood trading related suicides.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

lol USAA

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Time to make that full switch to NFCU. Jesus.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fallom posted:

Yeah, just messaged USAA, told them they better address this or I'm gone.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Fallom posted:

How is their insurance and stuff?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

How is their insurance and stuff?

Not an emptyquote.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
No poo poo my choice of bank is largely based on the fact that I don’t remember my ebenefits password to change the deposit info for my sadbrains money, and I don’t feel like figuring my password out.

Thanks for reading.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know if USAA even knows about this? I mean for all we know the guy just used his checking account and they don’t even hear anything about it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I loving hate texas

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My wife was all "we need to move out of California so we can get on your USAA insurance" and I was all "they're just a bank, not something to stan or change our entire life plan over"

Sent her this with the smuggest emoji in my phone.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

i'm surprised we haven't seen more robinhood trading related suicides.

We're only going to hear about them if they both happen to happen to someone with media connections, and if the link to Robinhood losses can be documented in a way that prevents Robinhood for suing. I'm guessing they already happen a lot.

Imo the Robinhood guys are right up there with the guys who invented selling candy flavored nicotine to children.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Does anyone know if USAA even knows about this? I mean for all we know the guy just used his checking account and they don’t even hear anything about it.

It's 100% this, by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah I don't think usaa do business banking