Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Elendil004 posted:

My carryover went fine, played a bunch yesterday and this morning but has been down for hours. There's no way to troubleshoot, the only options are retry or go gently caress myself.

What platform? I've been playing on PC. Had one disconnect but other than that it's been good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is there any offline option?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Oldstench posted:

Is there any offline option?
There is but offline and offline are independent of each other so progress is not shared.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Zaffy posted:

What platform? I've been playing on PC. Had one disconnect but other than that it's been good.

PC, just tried 5 mins ago, still offline so I have no fuckin idea.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Flayer posted:

There is but offline and offline are independent of each other so progress is not shared.

THAT...is weird and dumb.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
Keep getting disconnected from the server every time I watch the Dubai mission ending cinematic. On PlayStation and my carryover went fine, no clue what the issue could be other than IO's servers being poo poo. Guess I'll just go gently caress myself for wanting to play.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chongqing took me two hours to beat, jeez.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
So there are no lethal poison pills that I can find in Dubai nor are they a mastery unlock for any H3 mission. So I have to go back and do H1 missions just to be able to do all assassination challenges in Dubai which is rather annoying...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Eggnogium posted:

So there are no lethal poison pills that I can find in Dubai nor are they a mastery unlock for any H3 mission. So I have to go back and do H1 missions just to be able to do all assassination challenges in Dubai which is rather annoying...

You unlock them after 5x SASO challenges and you can get some in the map by knocking out the guy trying to get upstairs.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I managed to get the full kill in Berlin.

One of the ones not in the actual club, but in the biker area and the side zones drops a remote explosive. I just stacked five of them in a pile, left the explosive on them, and then took out the five in the club one by one. As soon as their handler gave the evac order...boom. That was really satisfying.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

KillHour posted:

You unlock them after 5x SASO challenges and you can get some in the map by knocking out the guy trying to get upstairs.

Oh nice, thank you. I am not sure how I missed that when I did that mission story...

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gaz-L posted:

^ Most people seem to like the dynamic openings, and literally the first unlock on each map is a 'skip cinematic open' start location which becomes the default. It's absurd to complain about it.
There are actually some differences but they make the maps interesting at least, to me.

Dubai basically just gives you a standard Suit lobby start so yeah that one replaces the cinematic intro. There's a guard start which is unfortunately very powerful but the map layout is such that it's not necessarily ideal. It'd have been cooler if the Skydiving Suit could be forced but I don't believe it counts separate from any other Suit for contract purposes. This will be a really intriguing map for Required Exit. The biggest issue I have with this one is there are a fair number of NPCs who basically stand all on their own in an area nobody really goes, but that can be turned to the advantage of a contract if the goal is to take unexpected little shots at targets from bizarre angles in order to finish in time or something.

Dartmoor is really fascinating with its start options; the Suit starts that occur later in the scripting are going to be really interesting for contracts because the start spot and routing won't seem obviously different yet NPCs will be in completely different places. There's a guard start, but it's an exterior guard not allowed inside the mansion proper which I think is a good touch. It has multiple locked exits which could be intriguing to play with; requiring a Hearse exit without really needing to otherwise involve the Undertaker for example. This could have potential as a sniping map for going after outdoor targets from indoors, luring them into bushes with initial shots so they're not found, turning people, etc. Mansion shenanigans with non-allowed interior disguises too, kind of two distinctly different maps for contracts in that respect.

Berlin's original start location doesn't technically get replaced until Mastery 8, when you get the Radio Tower start that's a full Suit start and at basically the point the map starts anyway. The Rave On Suit that unlocks right away seems to remove the first target entirely, or else move him? Which is kind of interesting, you end up getting a free target using the default start or something? The other start locations seem alright, but it's fairly limited in Suit-specific approaches which I think could lead to some good contract possibilities. The biggest killer for me is not being able to change the Rave On Suit for something classier, such as Santa Claus or a Flamingo. My main concern is how easily it'll be possible to have interesting contract targets when some NPCs never really leave extremely heavily-populated areas and others are a little too easy. There's always the gas mine briefcase trick to get somebody to a bathroom but other lures may not be quite so straightforward and getting quick kills is going to require a lot of map knowledge; there are probably more ways than it appears but it'll still require some crafty LOS breaks.

Chongqing default start is a regular Suit start but is nevertheless never going to be useful over the other two that unlock, I suspect. There are I believe two guard disguises, which is weird, but they're specific only to certain areas and neither is allowed in the data facility. There is a data facility start, but it's a civilian disguise. This one may be neat for Required Exit, although forcing the Train Station exit will be a pure troll move as there's really nothing interesting about it. Getting between the major areas quickly is going to be tricky for sure, it's a map with plenty of holes but threading them is something I'll have to work on.

I didn't get around to playing Mendoza last night so no commentary on that. Apparently Romania doesn't allow contract creation, which I really hope they could be made to fix somehow as I don't think it's any less interesting to set a contract on that map than anywhere else. Could even allow for some really funny stuff.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Eggnogium posted:

The assassin has some on his body

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

In Dartmoor, I've finished the murder mystery quest, but when I try to kill the target some sort of radio beacon appears to go off, activating Hunted status even if I'm unseen. Is there a way to disable it? Does it affect my mission score?

Edit: Ah, never mind, it's only a local effect and you can hide the body quickly to remain unseen.

Faux Mulder fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 22, 2021

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any we're still offline. Jesus Christ is anyone on PC on? All the troubleshooting is dumbass horse poo poo like "check your internet connection".

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Elendil004 posted:

Any we're still offline. Jesus Christ is anyone on PC on? All the troubleshooting is dumbass horse poo poo like "check your internet connection".

I have had no problem playing on pc online today.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I've had it drop connection a few times on PC but it always immediately reconnects when I click Retry

Annoying but not game breaking

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That's even more loving frustrating because there's zero troubleshooting I can do there's not even a support function despite being told by the helpful gently caress off message "contact HITMAN support"

IOI truly hosed the dog on this one.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The servers were offline for a bit for me on PS4, but it seems like it really messed up my completed challenges on Dartmoor. Like I only have 6/22 locations despite finding all of them, and suddenly I have SASO unlocked too

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The Hitman stuff that is probably good for Bond are the "infiltrating the villain's party, mingling with the guests and then sneaking off to find some info" and "escaping the villain's hideout in a time limit because the villain is about to set off a nuclear bomb" bits. I'm interested, because for better or worse most James Bond video games are just shoot 'em ups, with potentially one or two forced stealth missions done very poorly (instant fails, etc.). You rarely ever seem to do any actual spy poo poo.

The exception I can think of is the N64 version of The World is Not Enough, which had a mission where you're sneaking around Electra's villa. It even had (like every level in that game) different things to do depending on which difficulty you were playing.

Bloodstone was actually pretty great for this, all things considered. There was a decent balance of stealth and action, and overall it really felt like a proper Bond film. Even Daniel Craig seemed to be putting effort into it!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
For what it's worth, I've been playing on PC this evening and haven't had any connection issues beyond the usual "click retry, oh it works now" nonsense.

On Chongqing: anyone got any ideas for how to make Hush use the therapy thing faster once you've replaced the fuse? He's doing a full routine of walking downstairs, coming back up and pissing around with his wacky arm-waving machine before he goes in. I think maybe taking out the woman who operates the experiment might make him skip that but I'm not convinced it'll be that much faster to do that without being noticed.
This is the strongest argument I think I've ever seen for "games shouldn't try to emulate cinema" :allears:

Arist posted:

Chongqing took me two hours to beat, jeez.
I'm not going to complain too much because you only have to do it once but having the third objective be "play an entire level out of Deus Ex or some poo poo" was kind of annoying :v:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Has anyone got the snipe by proxy story on Mendoza to register properly? The moment it should finish I get "story missed" instead.

e: figured it out, you have to wait for her conversation with diana to finish before ordering the shot

repiv fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 23, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why does he say it “Emmer”

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Super No Vacancy posted:

why does he say it “Emmer”

Haha, I noticed the same.

Guess he picked up an accent in Dartmoore.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Finally got SASO on Colorado! I found Parvati and Berg easy. Rose and Graves were a huge pain in the rear end, as the house seemed like the best bet... and it's the most claustrophobic part of a claustrophobic level. I had to abuse a lot of coin-tossing bollocks.

Just got the majority of H2 missions to do now. Sgail is gonna suck.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Are the servers down again? It's refusing to connect. I even tried the ol' "start Dubai then cancel back to menu and click Go Online" trick.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

these maps are so good, you can really see the evolution from the previous games

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There are safes in Dubai (the one in the penthouse) and Germany that I don't know how to open - anyone found how to get the codes for them?

Also, in Germany, is there a way to have the club owner call ICA?

And I think I found a bug - in Germany, if you call ICA yourself, but hide before they go inside the room, then eliminate the leader with a strategic push, the game ends up in some weird state where no matter what you do it acts like you were observed. Like, picking up the keycard in the director's room triggers everyone to come look for you even though no one was in the room at the time.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

ymgve posted:

There are safes in Dubai (the one in the penthouse) and Germany that I don't know how to open - anyone found how to get the codes for them?

Also, in Germany, is there a way to have the club owner call ICA?

And I think I found a bug - in Germany, if you call ICA yourself, but hide before they go inside the room, then eliminate the leader with a strategic push, the game ends up in some weird state where no matter what you do it acts like you were observed. Like, picking up the keycard in the director's room triggers everyone to come look for you even though no one was in the room at the time.

For Dubai the code is on a sticky note in the same room.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Elendil004 posted:

That's even more loving frustrating because there's zero troubleshooting I can do there's not even a support function despite being told by the helpful gently caress off message "contact HITMAN support"

IOI truly hosed the dog on this one.
Looking into this more, it seems some people's profiles are corrupted somehow or other and they'll never authenticate and thus never allow you to connect. IOI is aware of it but when or how they will address this is a complete question mark.

This has completely soured me on a series I love and I might honestly lose interest if they don't loving fix their poo poo immediately. If I have to go the weekend without even being able to play this single player game I supposedly purchased, I may be done.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just cleared all the challenges on the ICA facility's freeform training.

Very satisfying to feel like I have that fake boat down.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Why the hell are they sticking to this always online poo poo? They aren’t under a major publishers thumb anymore, just remove it. Do they actually think it’s effective DRM?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

AdmiralViscen posted:

Why the hell are they sticking to this always online poo poo? They aren’t under a major publishers thumb anymore, just remove it. Do they actually think it’s effective DRM?
They're so incompetent that they probably don't know how to remove it, even if they wanted to.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Are there any known issues with challenges not unlocking? I opted to not import my progress because im such a freak for these games I decided to just do everything over for fun, and I am currently playing through the Landslide bonus mission. Both of the electrocution challenges the stage accident and the urine in the graveyard failed to register for me even though they unlocked other challenges, ie accidental death and the stage accident mission story.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I never got Wet Bandit to register in 2, and no matter how many times I reported it to IOI they never fixed it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is the corrupt profile thing related to doing the progress transfer or is it just a fun prize that anyone can win? :v:

Anyway, Chongqing is where the game really came together for me (first run with the MANDATORY PLOT HORSESHIT aside lol) and it's the first level where I'm actually pushing to complete the mastery so I can try different runs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOgqtFFBSKY

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My profile transferred fine and now I'm having the inability to connect so who loving knows.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
As far as I know it only applies to people who did transfer, but it might also be happening to a lot of Playstation players just because. It's utterly ridiculous they're not at least explaining what's going on or what they think the problem might be. "We're working on it" with no explanation or ETA does nothing for people who can't play the game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

As someone who is invested in the plot of Hitman 3: I just beat it and YAAAY I love this game I love this trilogy I am so happy it got to end in a satisfying manner with no cliffhangers or dumb things, just 47 being awesome.

Now, deets:

I am so glad I trusted Diana through all of it because oh man I almost lost the faith there, but no, wow, that was AWESOME. Of course 47 can't lose to a dumb memory loss drug, he's superman.

I do not like train level. It sucked. It worked as a series of mini-challenges and I'll enjoy poking through it later but I would have preferred to travel through the Constant's elaborate palace or whatever, but also....whatever it fits him. And I'm glad at the end there were no dumb choices or gimmicks, just me shotgunning the hell out of him.

e: oh lmao I looked again and there ARE dumb choices I could have made. I'm dumb, but also gently caress the Constant, shotgunning him was good

Now, onwards to replaying and exploring all the missions!!!

As for the folks who are having problems: :ohdear: I hope IO fixes its poo poo. This has been one hell of a hosed up launch and I just... this game deserves better. It really does. I'm so sorry.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The train level also feels like it'll have no replayability. At least with the first hitman 2 level, there were some interesting challenges and stuff.